Brown Tickets

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Brown Tickets

Unread post by Blue Man »

I just bought mine for Thursday. There's several hundred in GA still available for $20 and maybe 20 or so with chair backs for $25.

If you haven't been to the Pizzitola Center I highly recommend it. It's a high school sized gym but you get to see our boys up close. That and with enough Rhody fans it's a legitimate home court for us.

Cheap date night in the part of Providence where you don't get stabbed usually. See ya there!

https://www.nmnathletics.com/tickets/Bu ... eservation
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Re: Brown Tickets

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I just posted on Ticket Exchange. I have 2 extra that I paid 20 each. Good Seats.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago I just bought mine for Thursday. There's several hundred in GA still available for $20 and maybe 20 or so with chair backs for $25.

If you haven't been to the Pizzitola Center I highly recommend it. It's a high school sized gym but you get to see our boys up close. That and with enough Rhody fans it's a legitimate home court for us.

Cheap date night in the part of Providence where you don't get stabbed usually. See ya there!

Usually? Well, that's comforting.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......try to avoid the first row of bleachers directly behind either bench, as these are directly on the floor level and the sight lines are crap..... it usually plenty of seats to move around......let’s hope we don’t need a Rhody Coach slamming a folding chair during a time out to get our guys going.....
5 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago ......try to avoid the first row of bleachers directly behind either bench, as these are directly on the floor level and the sight lines are crap..... it usually plenty of seats to move around......let’s hope we don’t need a Rhody Coach slamming a folding chair during a time out to get our guys going.....
But it worked! :D
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

As of tonight, it looks like only a few seats are left in the sections along both sides of court. Lots of seats are still available behind both baskets.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago I just bought mine for Thursday. There's several hundred in GA still available for $20 and maybe 20 or so with chair backs for $25.

Usually? Well, that's comforting.
It's not downcity or the mall!

But there's still 13 seats in section AA where I grabbed mine. The more Rhody fans the less likely we are to get stabbed!
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Of course I have a work conflict Thursday night.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago ......try to avoid the first row of bleachers directly behind either bench, as these are directly on the floor level and the sight lines are crap..... it usually plenty of seats to move around......let’s hope we don’t need a Rhody Coach slamming a folding chair during a time out to get our guys going.....
Damn, I think that's where my seat is. Oh well ... At least I'm not gonna get stabbed ... 😃
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Since a number of us will be in Providence for this game, any interest in drinks/dinner before or after?
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Ram1019 and I will be somewhere before the game, but not sure where or for how long. Commuting from CT after getting out of work at 5.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago Since a number of us will be in Providence for this game, any interest in drinks/dinner before or after?
........not the Mall......
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Which end will Rhody be shooting at in the 2nd half? HIJ or RST?
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago Since a number of us will be in Providence for this game, any interest in drinks/dinner before or after?
........not the Mall......
Plenty of awesome stuff within a mile walk of that arena - My fiancee lived on the corner of Brown and Lloyd for two years, and that was awesome. DenDen (Korean), Harry's (sliders and fries), Shake Shack if you want a more conventional quick burger place, along with some decent veggie and vegan options. No reason at all to go to the mall.
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

If you want to sit and be served a nice dinner, Thayer Street has deteriorated from that model in recent years with several restaurants closing. It seems to to be morphing into a glorified food court. It's OK if you are looking for that style.
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago If you want to sit and be served a nice dinner, Thayer Street has deteriorated from that model in recent years with several restaurants closing. It seems to to be morphing into a glorified food court. It's OK if you are looking for that style.
Thayer street has awesome food but I agree that a lot of places are takeout or just not comfortable for a sit down meal.
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

It would be fun if there was a place we could all meet up for a “beer in our seats” before the game, wearing Keaney Blue! So if anyone is gathering on the East Side, let us know.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago If you want to sit and be served a nice dinner, Thayer Street has deteriorated from that model in recent years with several restaurants closing. It seems to to be morphing into a glorified food court. It's OK if you are looking for that style.
It’s not what it used to be there, that’s for sure. There’s a good place on Hope Street called Ivy Tavern. Good burgers there. It is pretty small bar but worth it. There’s also a few places in Wayland Square.

Obviously avoid the mall at all costs. When I used to work in Providence I’d go in the mall during my lunch hour and it was a disaster even in the middle of the day.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Right around the corner from Thayer on Cushing Street, is a pizza place called the The Flatbread Company. Plenty of different beers and a decent flatbread pizza with locally gown vegetables and free range meats. I am a Caserta type of guy, but my wife and her friends really enjoy it. Many, many different beers, but small wine list.
2 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

NYGFAN--when you are facing the benches we will be shooting at the basket to the right in the second half.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RAM67 wrote: 4 years ago Right around the corner from Thayer on Cushing Street, is a pizza place called the The Flatbread Company. Plenty of different beers and a decent flatbread pizza with locally gown vegetables and free range meats. I am a Caserta type of guy, but my wife and her friends really enjoy it. Many, many different beers, but small wine list.
Flatbread is a good place to meet up, yeah - good seating area, good variety of available pizzas to keep everyone happy.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago It would be fun if there was a place we could all meet up for a “beer in our seats” before the game, wearing Keaney Blue! So if anyone is gathering on the East Side, let us know.
Wish I could be there! For some reason I always miss the game when it’s at Brown.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I can vouch for DenDen. I live on the West Side, so most of my favorite hangs are on The Hill or downtown. If somebody wants to make an executive decision, I'm all ears...
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Best places to park for the game???
0 x
Go Rhody
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Best places to park for the game???
Side streets off Thayer and Hope. Or farther down Lloyd Avenue.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Best places to park for the game???
Side streets off Thayer and Hope. Or farther down Lloyd Avenue.
Agreed. Bowen and Brook, too.
0 x
Micheal_Phelps_22
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Micheal_Phelps_22 »

Taking my son to the game. First time in the Pizzitola center for either of us. Will be wearing our Hassan and EC jerseys like normal.

Asked him if he was nervous about rocking Rhody gear in enemy territory.

"Dad its Brown, that's where all the smart kids go. What's the worst that can happen, they throw their books at us??"
8 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Just bought mine. FYI, not many left. Maybe a few hundred.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Micheal_Phelps_22 wrote: 4 years ago Taking my son to the game. First time in the Pizzitola center for either of us. Will be wearing our Hassan and EC jerseys like normal.

"Dad its Brown, that's where all the smart kids go. What's the worst that can happen, they throw their books at us??"
I thought everyone was sposed to wear the tuxedo t-shirts we got last year?
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
Micheal_Phelps_22 wrote: 4 years ago Taking my son to the game. First time in the Pizzitola center for either of us. Will be wearing our Hassan and EC jerseys like normal.

I thought everyone was sposed to wear the tuxedo t-shirts we got last year?
That has to be the oddest shirt in my entire Rhody gear collection. I do wear it around the house though.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Tickets are up to $30, looks like only seating left is behind the hoops.
0 x
GO RAMS