F A T T S

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: F A T T S

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Gilyard is a good player. I don’t know that many guards in the country are playing as well as Fatts right now, and that’s not just me saying that - multiple national media people have said the same thing. I think it is borderline absurd that they would give half of Fatts’ award to Gilyard and all the way absurd that they would give the other half to some guy from Duquesne. My suggestion is that they just call it the Obi Toppin/Fatts Russell player of the week award until further notice and either have them trade it back and forth week to week or just split it every week.

I guess it's because we only played one game....

I thought it would go to Obi this week since he played in two games.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

More Fatts!!

4 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Maybe my favorite highlights/game/team ever.
2 x
GO RAMS
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Makes you appreciate EC and how many big shots that kid took and made during his time in Kingston. He had like 3 daggers in that game alone. Was a different player IMO after the injury, but the kid could score the ball from the day he stepped on campus.
5 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yup that was great to see EC have a great game there on the biggest of stages
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Makes you appreciate EC and how many big shots that kid took and made during his time in Kingston. He had like 3 daggers in that game alone. Was a different player IMO after the injury, but the kid could score the ball from the day he stepped on campus.

The cinci game and the oklahoma game were the biggest.

Other than that...... lots of crunch time misses....

But the makes outweigh the misses!

Still so dumb, that play Hurley drew up against Oregon.

"Yeah EC, dribble around and take a deep step back three from like 35 feet"
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Yup that was great to see EC have a great game there on the biggest of stages
It is really incredible to think how much better Fatts is playing than last year. Third in the country in steals and 15th in scoring, but even more impressive his big time shots and ability to have more focus and confidence, but not reverting back to the awful selections of last year. I wish we had grabbed one of those three games we had lost with the way he is playing. We need everyone else to step up around him and Cyril. Great start by Fatts
3 x
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

Cyril step up................??........He is a relentless rebounder, and double figures score............WHAT, 28 double/doubles.

He steps up !
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

CTRamfan wrote: 4 years ago Cyril step up................??........He is a relentless rebounder, and double figures score............WHAT, 28 double/doubles.

He steps up !
Read what I wrote. I said we need people to step up around Fatts and Cyril. These are the only two that have brought it every night
4 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Makes you appreciate EC and how many big shots that kid took and made during his time in Kingston. He had like 3 daggers in that game alone. Was a different player IMO after the injury, but the kid could score the ball from the day he stepped on campus.

I know we are getting off topic here, but it's just wrong to say that EC had just two games when he stepped up and was clutch. Off the top of my head, I can tell you he hit some of the biggest shots down the stretch of the A10 Championship game vs VCU. That was kind of a big moment for Rhody. ;)
4 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......back to a Fatts, I did suggest last year that his effectiveness, in last years rotations, was off the bench to change stagnation of the ball, by way of defensive disruption, havoc type change of pace in the 50/50 ball chaos where he excels........now and then his explosive first drive step around the defender is just amazing.......Go Fatts....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

I wonder what NBA scouts are saying about Fatts? Its crazy how 2 inches can make a huge difference. If he's 6 foot you have to think it would be completely different for him (and us).
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

It’s more than just 2 inches- no way he’s 5’10
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Wow...and all this time i thought it was either a poorly executed play or good Duck defense. I didn't realize Hurley actually drew it up that way.
Last edited by RhodyRam86 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 4 years ago

I know we are getting off topic here, but it's just wrong to say that EC had just two games when he stepped up and was clutch. Off the top of my head, I can tell you he hit some of the biggest shots down the stretch of the A10 Championship game vs VCU. That was kind of a big moment for Rhody. ;)
Agree ^^ I was in Pittsburgh for that awesome run and he was en fuego the whole weekend.
3 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago I wonder what NBA scouts are saying about Fatts? Its crazy how 2 inches can make a huge difference. If he's 6 foot you have to think it would be completely different for him (and us).
I'm glad they finally introduced Fatts with his true height at the PC game. Us 5' 8" guys gotta stick together!
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

EC was my favorite player until Fatts. I was so bummed when he got hurt, and so happy when he came back and broke that Davidson's kid's ankles on the way to his Jordan-esque dunk.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

RhodyRam86 wrote: 4 years ago

Wow...and all this time i thought it was either a poorly executed play or good Duck defense. I didn't realize Hurley actually drew it up that way.

The ball should've gone to JT.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

EC Matthews is the most talented player I've ever seen play at URI since Lamar. (accounting for his multiple season ending injuries) Fatts is impressing me though.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

"I play with a lot of heart." Fatts introduces himself after his first game against the Fryahs.
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 4 years ago

The ball should've gone to JT.
I know you always want it with ur big time players, but the way Stan was in the zone that game, I would of liked to see him maybe get it. He and KI were killing them
2 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ATPTourFan wrote: 4 years ago More Fatts!!

Is there a word for homesick only instead it’s for a team?
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

3 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

And don't forget EC clinched the OT win with 2 yooooog 3s.
3 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago Chris Disano article on Fatts.
https://www.yurview.com/uri-rams/fatts- ... formation/
Nice article. But let's cut out the 5'10" nonsense. He's 5'8" and proud of it! :)
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......Bunky in the Pamphlet today said ‘ Fatts was playing as good as any guard in the A-10’......me thinks Bunky should broaden the view a bit......no?
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago ......Bunky in the Pamphlet today said ‘ Fatts was playing as good as any guard in the A-10’......me thinks Bunky should broaden the view a bit......no?
Broadening the view would require opening his eyes and doing a little work. Ain't gonna happen....
1 x