12/6 | Providence | 7:00PM (ESPN2)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: 12/6 | Providence | 7:00PM (ESPN2)

Unread post by reef »

Defensive intensity is very much improved . When we dig in we can play really good defense
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Read the PC board...some there [including RJ of course] give us credit.....

and then some others, especially Douche Friar [Darth] give us none.
Who needs credit from those mouth breathers?

We got the W!
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

At this rate FATTS could wind up being the most popular player of all time at URI and I have seen them all since the early 60's.

I cannot make any promises but this could be the last time since next season but ; FTF.
3 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Read the PC board...some there [including RJ of course] give us credit.....

Who needs credit from those mouth breathers?

We got the W!
They sure have their share of delusional posters over there and like most other boards some very good posters who are objective and seem to have a good grasp of both teams. I'm always amazed that some of the delusional posters seem to revert to pointing out that this is the "biggest game of the year for us" and its our "super bowl". I never understood the logic as to why a mid/lower tier BE team like pc would be a bigger game for us than any ranked opponent or conf game vs a VCU, Dayton type team? I guess thats why they're delusional? In fact had we lost this game its likely going to be a bad loss come March. Regardless, always good to be the top dog in the state.. onto Western Kentucky and a nice welcome for Antwan to the team.
5 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Screw em!
0 x
GO RAMS
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago I haven’t looked at their board because I generally don’t care what they think or say, but I bet if we’d got smoked last night this place would be a smoking post-apocalyptic wasteland right now. So from that standpoint I’m a little hesitant to make fun of the posters on their board. We haven’t exactly covered ourselves in glory after every loss.

On the other hand, I did go back to Richard’s after the game to drop my dad at his car and have a beer to celebrate the win, and there was a group of Friar fans outside the front door with one particularly PCish looking guy (aka Jersey shore casting reject) holding court and doing a first-ballot Unintentional Comedy Hall of Fame rant about Cooley. I can’t remember what it was verbatim, but the takeaway is that he is done with Cooley. Insofar as I consider this guy to be a perfect representative of the Friar fan base in every possible way, I don’t need to go to their board to know what that world looks like right now.
......well done TP, this makes me think I might close nominations for best post of the season award.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I just re-watched the game and it was just as entertaining on TV as in person because of all of the close-ups of the players and the crowd.

So many great plays, but here are a couple that come to mind:

- Cyril overpowering 3 Fryahs to score when we were only up by 2.
- Fatts burying a ridiculous 3 from the corner while guarded by a player ONE FOOT TALLER than him.
- Toppin rejecting a dunk.

Just a glorious performance. If we can bring the same talent and intensity to conference play we will definitely be dancing in March.
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

One thing I noticed at the end of the game when we had it wrapped up was going into a timeout, Toppin was really pumped on the floor. Must be awesome to be a true freshman and experience that sort of atmosphere - has to be their biggest stage so far in their careers. Exciting, and validates why they came to URI hopefully.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Agree every board has their clowns and level headed posters. The guy over there who is the biggest clown is that moron Brian Lavs. He trolled Rhody fans on twitter belittling the Bama win. Then blocked everyone after PC lost to Penn. And then spent the past week writing on their board that every player on their team was better than ours and there is nothing we do better than them. Dude just sucks at Twitter, basketball and life. I can’t imagine popping off like that and then eating crow to that degree. #getrammed
6 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

the pc fanbase is a dumpster fire right now. They thought the team was a second weekend team this year. They have high numbers based on all the flawed metrics that get pushed at us. From what I saw last night, they might be a top 250 team.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
I believe Carroll had the scout on this game, and his identifying of PC’s vulnerability with respect to their passing at the top of the key was huge thing in us winning the game. Like, without us continually getting in those passing lanes and getting runouts we may not have won. We clearly were ready for their laziness or inability or whatever it was, and we were looking for it and we capitalized on it, over and over again. Had to have been worth nearly 20 points and that’s just on baskets we made and not including baskets they didn’t because they didn’t have the ball anymore.
Sutton had the scout on the game.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Great work by Anthony
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago Great work by Anthony
Anthony hasn't made one bad video or graphic so far. He's incredibly talented. That video he posted REALLY early today was fantastic.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

That dude is so good at his job. All his stuff is great
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
I believe Carroll had the scout on this game, and his identifying of PC’s vulnerability with respect to their passing at the top of the key was huge thing in us winning the game. Like, without us continually getting in those passing lanes and getting runouts we may not have won. We clearly were ready for their laziness or inability or whatever it was, and we were looking for it and we capitalized on it, over and over again. Had to have been worth nearly 20 points and that’s just on baskets we made and not including baskets they didn’t because they didn’t have the ball anymore.
Sutton had the scout on the game.
Ah, then he did a great job. Thought I had heard Carroll.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Anthony is fantastic. The amount of content he puts out and the quality is above and beyond expectations.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PC fans, coaches, alum, etc can talk about having the better conference, better TV deal, higher rated recruits, bigger (but way worse) arena all they want, but the facts are the facts.

URI has been the better team and program over the last 4 years. Nobody can dispute that.
Last edited by Rhody15 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Go Rhody
alldayrhodyrams02
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by alldayrhodyrams02 »

It was my first ever URI vs. PC game.. and it was the most amazing, energetic crowd I have ever been around! Fatts killed it, per usual, and of course.. #pcsucks #WEownthestate. Cannot wait for next year now!
3 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Might have missed it but did anyone upload the replay of the game?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

alldayrhodyrams02 wrote: 4 years ago It was my first ever URI vs. PC game.. and it was the most amazing, energetic crowd I have ever been around! Fatts killed it, per usual, and of course.. #pcsucks #WEownthestate. Cannot wait for next year now!
Still a lot left to this season. VCU, Dayton the whole A10 slate. Hope to see you at all the games. Cause it's NCAA OR BUST!!!!!!!
3 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Shinze88 wrote: 4 years ago
They sure have their share of delusional posters over there and like most other boards some very good posters who are objective and seem to have a good grasp of both teams. I'm always amazed that some of the delusional posters seem to revert to pointing out that this is the "biggest game of the year for us" and its our "super bowl". I never understood the logic as to why a mid/lower tier BE team like pc would be a bigger game for us than any ranked opponent or conf game vs a VCU, Dayton type team? I guess thats why they're delusional? In fact had we lost this game its likely going to be a bad loss come March. Regardless, always good to be the top dog in the state.. onto Western Kentucky and a nice welcome for Antwan to the team.
“Rams star senior Jeff Dowtin says this is our NBA Finals.”

“He (David Cox) like everybody around this program so excited this is their big game all season on campus.”

These were comments on the broadcast last night. If you don’t want that to be the narrative, the program needs to help control that. If I’m sitting there as one of the fans who believe in the Super Bowl comment, and then hear on the broadcast Dowtin is saying it’s our NBA Finals, and Cox is talking to the announcers pregame about how it’s the biggest game on campus all season, what do you expect to happen? Just reinforces the ignorance.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago

“He (David Cox) like everybody around this program so excited this is their big game all season on campus.”

These were comments on the broadcast last night. If you don’t want that to be the narrative, the program needs to help control that. If I’m sitting there as one of the fans who believe in the Super Bowl comment, and then hear on the broadcast Dowtin is saying it’s our NBA Finals, and Cox is talking to the announcers pregame about how it’s the biggest game on campus all season, what do you expect to happen? Just reinforces the ignorance.
RJ, it is our biggest non con game for sure. We could host Duke at the RC, but the Friars game will always be the biggest game. That's what rivalry's will do. pc fans seem to think it's the most IMPORTANT game for us which is clearly wrong. I enjoy the rivalry and hope it stays the biggest non con game.
2 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Ramulous wrote: 4 years ago Fatts is prone to getting injured in every game......from having to drag those big balls of his around.....
This might be my favorite KB quote all year...

For all those bashing Harris...He’s key to this team. The teams that are going to beat us this year are going to beat us with size. Harris is a big body and he’s getting better at banging each game. This one was obviously not his best, as foul trouble limited his minutes, but we need him to win the A10 and get into the tourney. We aren’t getting there will a bunch of 6’7 and under guys.
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

rjsuperfly66 c'mon man, your better than that, i've read your posts on our board, you seem to be one of the more objective pc fans. The stu-nods on your board who are calling the pc game our superbowl and aren't doing so b/c of comments they are hearing from a URI player or coach. I went to URI when pc was a punching bag for the entire Big East and even then I remember the pc fans saying that the pc game was our biggest game of the year instead of say a top 10 UMass team, I've never once considered the pc game our superbowl. URI will sell out the Dunk every single time we play there, does that make URI your superbowl? Like I said, there are some knowledgeable posters on the pc board but a few of them seem to think its reads DUKE on your jersey instead of Providence. To me the pc game is HUGE in terms of the magnitude for rivalry purposes and bragging rights, but i think playing a ranked team or a team that can bolster our tournament resume are much more important than playing pc. Superbowl games are played in March not December. I know its a rough time to be a pc fan right now and especially rough since URI has been the more relevant team the past 3-4 years, its also seems like the majority of your fan base has already given up on the team and coach, its unfortunately looking to be a long winter for the Friars.
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

I think you know PC fans have made comments like this well before Jeff and Coach Cox comments
1 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

My point wasn’t to say that those comments came into existence last night, we all know it’s not true.

My point was to say that if you are one of those fans that defaults to “It’s their Super Bowl,” and then you are sitting last night watching the game and hear Dowtin say “It’s our NBA Finals,” and Cox says “It’s our biggest game on campus all year,” don’t you think that reinforces the ignorant take?

I’m not going to sit there and disagree with anything that’s been said about PC’s actual role in a normal season or what the game should mean, but it is funny to see the outrage at the comments by some, when two people in the program were quoted with similar sentiments last night.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

It’s a fucking huge game, but it’s huge in a much different way than if, say, Dayton is #10 in the country when they come here in February. The PC game means something every year, no matter how good the teams are, but there will likely be games for both teams every year that are more important for that particular season. As far as nuance goes, this isn’t the hardest thing to figure out. The comments that were made as part of the broadcast last night were part of a package to hype the game for the broadcaster. I wouldn’t hang my argument on that.
4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ignorance is your Coach Cooley saying it’s not a Rivalry Game. That’s ignorance.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Imagine losing an objectively big rivalry game and trying to make the excuse that the other team thought it was bigger than you did and that’s why you lost - like it somehow discredits the winning team.

Hold the L Friar fans. And suck on it long and hard.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

pc is like 250 in rpi but it was still a big game. RJ, you should be thankful we think a game against a shit team in the 250's was a huge game.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago My point wasn’t to say that those comments came into existence last night, we all know it’s not true.

My point was to say that if you are one of those fans that defaults to “It’s their Super Bowl,” and then you are sitting last night watching the game and hear Dowtin say “It’s our NBA Finals,” and Cox says “It’s our biggest game on campus all year,” don’t you think that reinforces the ignorant take?

I’m not going to sit there and disagree with anything that’s been said about PC’s actual role in a normal season or what the game should mean, but it is funny to see the outrage at the comments by some, when two people in the program were quoted with similar sentiments last night.
I don’t understand your point

Do you think the URI game is the biggest game of the year for PC? Just yes or no. And if it is not PCs biggest game which game or games are bigger?
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I can’t speak for anyone but me but I haven’t felt it the biggest game (big game but not biggest or most important) in a long time. Now it’s VCU and Dayton. Before that it was Temple. Sure it’s usually the biggest in December but not the season.
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
theblueram
Frank Keaney

It's a rivalry game. That's it. It's bragging rights. It's hyped to be bigger than it is. Which is a good thing all around.
1 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

I think the debate on whether or not it's our Superbowl is idiotic HS level talk. If your team isnt going into every game like it's the superbowl, then the team needs an attitude adjustment. Every single game counts in College Basketball. Last night counted just as much as Manhattan. Hell Manhattan might count even more cause if we lose that you can almost kiss March goodbye.
That being said, if last night was our Superbowl then I love that our team was able to play outstanding basketball by out coaching and out executing a team (and a fanbase) that believes they are that much better than us.
If PC played every game like it was their superbowl maybe their record would reflect that. If they're saving their superbowl performance for other games, I'd wonder when those games are going to be, because they won't be in March
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago I think the debate on whether or not it's our Superbowl is idiotic HS level talk. If your team isnt going into every game like it's the superbowl, then the team needs an attitude adjustment. Every single game counts in College Basketball. Last night counted just as much as Manhattan. Hell Manhattan might count even more cause if we lose that you can almost kiss March goodbye.
That being said, if last night was our Superbowl then I love that our team was able to play outstanding basketball by out coaching and out executing a team (and a fanbase) that believes they are that much better than us.
If PC played every game like it was their superbowl maybe their record would reflect that. If they're saving their superbowl performance for other games, I'd wonder when those games are going to be, because they won't be in March
PCs Super Bowl is against Villanova.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago I think the debate on whether or not it's our Superbowl is idiotic HS level talk. If your team isnt going into every game like it's the superbowl, then the team needs an attitude adjustment. Every single game counts in College Basketball. Last night counted just as much as Manhattan. Hell Manhattan might count even more cause if we lose that you can almost kiss March goodbye.
So your saying all regular season games are equal.
0 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Not at all, but you shouldn't be saving your best basketball for 1 game which is what playing your superbowl insinuates.
1 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
PCs Super Bowl is against Villanova.
And if PC beats Villanova and no other strong wins then they dont dance. Just like if our win last night is the only "strong" win we dont dance. Which brings me back to my first line in the original post.
(Note the " " around strong for detailing our win last night because as of now it looks like it will be just another win over a 200+ team come the end of the year)
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago My point wasn’t to say that those comments came into existence last night, we all know it’s not true.

Do you think the URI game is the biggest game of the year for PC? Just yes or no. And if it is not PCs biggest game which game or games are bigger?
My point is that if URI is offended by the ignorant PC fans who call it the Super Bowl, don’t fuel that energy by having a player call it “our NBA Finals.” There are other ways to hype up the game.

To specifically answer your question, no.

Next season when URI comes back to town, PC’s biggest home games in order barring drawing an unlikely matchup against Michigan/Michigan St in the Gavitt Games or some other really significant but unlikely home & home.

1) UCONN
2) Villanova
3) URI
0 x
JustKenny
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by JustKenny »

I'm gonna post this 1 more time for the people in the back to make sure they hear me:
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/bask ... mekhi-long

Khi is a 4 star recruit. I think they mentioned that during the game. Now I know there were/are some doubters. I get that. Y'all don't know him or see the work he puts in on his own. And honestly some of these recruits get so much hype that it is nearly impossible to live up to. Khi is the real deal. He is always ready to play, and does so effortlessly. He doesn't make a big deal out of what he does, he just does it. Just like any other player tho, he needs to find his rhythm. You can't put him in for 2 mins here and there and expect a big impact. He needs continuous mins and he will maximize it. Like I've mentioned before, I figured he would be further along by now, but that's not his fault. Coaches do what they think is best at the time, tho I disagreed with how they were playing him. Khi should have been in that UMD game a ton more. I was pissed. That's his hometown game and he hardly got any time and we lost (as u can tell, I'm still a lil salty). Im a UMD (hometown) fan but for that 1 night I was the only RI fan in a see of red! I KNOW for a fact it would have been a different game if Khi got some proper mins. A couple of them losses could have been different but I know, I know, I'm cheerleading at this point, but I said it and stand by it. Again, Khi is blue collar. Most of his points come in the paint, from deflections, from steals, rebounds.....grunt work. This is what he's best at. They can't stop him, he has too many post moves. I can stick my chest out a bit on here because I told you so! 😁 I'm just hoping the coaches don't do the switch up and give him mins here and there again. As a good friend always tells me, you can't put the genie back in the bottle!
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

My point is that if URI is offended by the ignorant PC fans who call it the Super Bowl, don’t fuel that energy by having a player call it “our NBA Finals.” There are other ways to hype up the game.

Next season when URI comes back to town, PC’s biggest home games in order barring drawing an unlikely matchup against Michigan/Michigan St in the Gavitt Games or some other really significant but unlikely home & home.

1) UCONN
2) Villanova
3) URI
But clearly you know we can’t control what players or coaches say for URI, any more than you can control what comes out of Cooley’s mouth every year. I have always though Cooley was a poor HC but he is even surpassing my low expectations of him.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

JustKenny wrote: 4 years ago I'm gonna post this 1 more time for the people in the back to make sure they hear me:
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/bask ... mekhi-long

Khi is a 4 star recruit. I think they mentioned that during the game. Now I know there were/are some doubters. I get that. Y'all don't know him or see the work he puts in on his own. And honestly some of these recruits get so much hype that it is nearly impossible to live up to. Khi is the real deal. He is always ready to play, and does so effortlessly. He doesn't make a big deal out of what he does, he just does it. Just like any other player tho, he needs to find his rhythm. You can't put him in for 2 mins here and there and expect a big impact. He needs continuous mins and he will maximize it. Like I've mentioned before, I figured he would be further along by now, but that's not his fault. Coaches do what they think is best at the time, tho I disagreed with how they were playing him. Khi should have been in that UMD game a ton more. I was pissed. That's his hometown game and he hardly got any time and we lost (as u can tell, I'm still a lil salty). Im a UMD (hometown) fan but for that 1 night I was the only RI fan in a see of red! I KNOW for a fact it would have been a different game if Khi got some proper mins. A couple of them losses could have been different but I know, I know, I'm cheerleading at this point, but I said it and stand by it. Again, Khi is blue collar. Most of his points come in the paint, from deflections, from steals, rebounds.....grunt work. This is what he's best at. They can't stop him, he has too many post moves. I can stick my chest out a bit on here because I told you so! 😁 I'm just hoping the coaches don't do the switch up and give him mins here and there again. As a good friend always tells me, you can't put the genie back in the bottle!
JustKenny,
I’m a believer. Long was the first player off the bench vs PC, arguably our most hated and biggest rivalry opponent.
Long is tied for 2nd on the team in steals even with 10 minutes per game.
3 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

1) UCONN
2) Villanova
3) URI
But clearly you know we can’t control what players or coaches say for URI, any more than you can control what comes out of Cooley’s mouth every year. I have always though Cooley was a poor HC but he is even surpassing my low expectations of him.
Sure, I agree with that. And again I know the Super Bowl comments existed long before the comments last night, but a player insinuating a game is like playing in the NBA Finals, I don’t care what type of hype they think they are building, it’s only reinforcing the people who make the Super Bowl comments to keep making them.

That was my only point. It almost falls into the category of “Don’t feed the trolls.” If you don’t want idiots making the Super Bowl comments, don’t feed into them. If players are going to make comments like that, don’t be surprised if the people who believed in the SB comments get even more juiced up about it.
Last edited by rjsuperfly66 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

The program doesn’t give a damn about how statements like that are taken. The programs job is to put asses in SEATS! Duh....

The coach is paid bonuses based on some of these attendance incentives. I can assure you, the concern is not what the fans bases are taking from these comments.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago The program doesn’t give a damn about how statements like that are taken. The programs job is to put asses in SEATS! Duh....
I don’t get the point - Comments made during a TV broadcast in 2019 are going to have no barring on ticket sales for the 2021 PC/URI game. Further, you can sell a rivalry without hyping the game up to be like playing in the NBA Finals. PC/URI sells itself, for both programs.

And if the program doesn’t care about the comments, then the fans shouldn’t either. But don’t be pissy if ignorant people use comments like that to further build up their pedestal. Can’t have it every way. If you are pissed and tired of stupid PC fans making stupid remarks, you should be annoyed someone in the program keeps giving them that ammo.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago The program doesn’t give a damn about how statements like that are taken. The programs job is to put asses in SEATS! Duh....
I don’t get the point - Comments made during a TV broadcast in 2019 are going to have no barring on ticket sales for the 2021 PC/URI game. Further, you can sell a rivalry without hyping the game up to be like playing in the NBA Finals. PC/URI sells itself, for both programs.

And if the program doesn’t care about the comments, then the fans shouldn’t either. But don’t be pissy if ignorant people use comments like that to further build up their pedestal. Can’t have it every way.
Yeah, I respect you as a poster, but you literally are making zero sense.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1) UCONN
2) Villanova
3) URI
Sure, I agree with that. And again I know the Super Bowl comments existed long before the comments last night, but a player insinuating a game is like playing in the NBA Finals, I don’t care what type of hype they think they are building, it’s only reinforcing the people who make the Super Bowl comments to keep making them.

That was my only point. It almost falls into the category of “Don’t feed the trolls.” If you don’t want idiots making the Super Bowl comments, don’t feed into them. If players are going to make comments like that, don’t be surprised if the people who believed in the SB comments get even more juiced up about it.
But the difference is I don’t care if people call it the Super Bowl, it doesn’t matter to me. You can’t control what people say. Look at Cooley. He says it’s not a rivalry, he says rivalries must be 2 games per year. Idiotic in my opinion but nothing coming from Cooley’s mouth surprises me. But let him keep saying whatever he wants.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

And if the program doesn’t care about the comments, then the fans shouldn’t either. But don’t be pissy if ignorant people use comments like that to further build up their pedestal. Can’t have it every way.
Yeah, I respect you as a poster, but you literally are making zero sense.
I agree, zero sense. The game gets hyped by the players, the coaches, the Projo writers, ESPN, etc. there’s was more press and VIPs at the Ryan Center than you will see there all year, and that includes the Dunk for PC home games. There is tons of hype put on this game, always has been that way. Enjoy it.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1) UCONN
2) Villanova
3) URI

UCONN? Really number 1?
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Here is my point:

The original post I commented on said the following:

“I'm always amazed that some of the delusional posters seem to revert to pointing out that this is the "biggest game of the year for us" and its our "super bowl". I never understood the logic as to why a mid/lower tier BE team like pc would be a bigger game for us than any ranked opponent or conf game vs a VCU, Dayton type team? I guess thats why they're delusional?”

The line of comments was that PC fans making comments calling the game “URI’s Super Bowl” are delusional, ignorant, stupid, etc.

I actually agree with this. With URI being good, it might bring a lot of hype, but hype is all it is.

However, if you are going to admonish PC fans who make comments like this, you probably shouldn’t have people inside the walls of the program calling it their “NBA Finals.”

If I were one of the people who believed it was URI’s Super Bowl, and I hear Dowtin calling it their NBA Finals, it would only make me want to double and triple down on my take, irregardless of it is true or not. Chuck out context at that point.

That’s all.
Last edited by rjsuperfly66 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x