Channel for WVU game?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Channel for WVU game?

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

I can’t find it anywhere. Anyone know where I can watch the game on Sunday? Online or on TV.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: Channel for WVU game?

Unread post by adam914 »

Looks like this will be your best bet, though I do not think its free. https://wvusports.com/watch/?Live=3778&type=Live

They also list it as being on AT&T Sportsnet, but thats a regional channel and is likely only available through sports packages on cable.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......looks like a Steve and Don on the transistor.......
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago Looks like this will be your best bet, though I do not think its free. https://wvusports.com/watch/?Live=3778&type=Live

They also list it as being on AT&T Sportsnet, but thats a regional channel and is likely only available through sports packages on cable.

They showed the AT&T Sportsnet on the Rhody broadcast yesterday.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

It's on Direct TV, but the channel is part of a sports package.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

I do have ATT TV Now, formerly DirectTV Now. I could up my streaming package to include this, but I'm currently grandfathered into a nice little package that I don't want to change.

If there is a way to pay a one time fee by a different method, then I am up for that instead.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago I do have ATT TV Now, formerly DirectTV Now. I could up my streaming package to include this, but I'm currently grandfathered into a nice little package that I don't want to change.

If there is a way to pay a one time fee by a different method, then I am up for that instead.
Use the link on WV site.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I posted about this a few weeks ago. It’s so dumb.

https://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 32#p415332
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago As of now, there is no TV announced for the WVU game. According to the WVU website, the game will be carried locally on Root sports/AT&T Sportsnet (a regional sports network that covers Pittsburgh and West Virginia). Is anyone closer to how these things work and in a position to say whether this game may be picked up somewhere for URI fans, even online, since it is already being produced by the WVU-associated network? Perhaps Yurview would pick it up locally? The Patriots do not play that afternoon (they are on SNF). It would be a shame to not have this game on TV on a day that many sports fans will be sitting around avoiding the cold outside and looking for something to watch, and it would be ridiculous for URI fans to not be able to see one of the biggest games of the season in the year 2019 - especially those of us who are paying for ESPN+ which has a relationship with both the A10 and the B12.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Insane that this isn’t at least streaming for URI fans.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sucks not on ESPN plus which we pay 4.99 for
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Anyone know how much it costs to upgrade the sports package on directv to include all the channels in the 600s
0 x
Brian
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brian »

Says "audio only" on the WVU website.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Something will come up. Insane with the A10 deal with NBC, CBS and ESPN that this game isn't being picked up yet.
1 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

$10 or $11 per month for sports pack on 600 channels. Game on channel 659.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Agree with everyone it's ridiculous this game isn't on cable.
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Just checked bill. It’s $8.39 per month on my bill but my DIRECTV bill has 400 lines and seems to be $1,200 per month. No wonder I can’t afford my mortgage.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Thanks Ramtastic

I will call directv and get it as I live in Vegas will allow to get Nesn and NBC Boston too which makes it worth it
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Also B10, acc and sec networks, and FS2
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Come on - get this game on tv or streamed - I’ll pay - I just need to see it !
0 x
wv123
Jim Eitner

Unread post by wv123 »

Brian wrote: 4 years ago Says "audio only" on the WVU website.
Underneath the one that says "audio only" is the one with video:

https://wvusports.com/watch/?Live=3748&type=Live

It's usually only blacked out inside of WV. And it is free to view. If that doesn't work for you, I've had to resort to desperate measures in the past:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ncaaBBallStreams/

Hope some of this helps.
4 x
Phen Egap
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Phen Egap »

Anyone have an idea as to when they travel West Virginia?
0 x
Brian
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brian »

wv123 wrote: 4 years ago
Brian wrote: 4 years ago Says "audio only" on the WVU website.
Underneath the one that says "audio only" is the one with video:

https://wvusports.com/watch/?Live=3748&type=Live

It's usually only blacked out inside of WV. And it is free to view. If that doesn't work for you, I've had to resort to desperate measures in the past:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ncaaBBallStreams/

Hope some of this helps.
Thank you
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

ditto !

thank you !!!
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago Something will come up. Insane with the A10 deal with NBC, CBS and ESPN that this game isn't being picked up yet.
The home team and its conference control the tv rights for home games. This game is at WVU. It falls under the control of the Mountaineers and Big12. The A-10 and its tv partners do not have final say.
2 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

684 on directv
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I'm honestly confused about why this is causing such an uproar. What do you think other fans say when they check their games at URI and see its on "Yurview"? This is no different, its on the home teams regional network. We're actually lucky that their regional network is one that some can get in sports packages.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago I'm honestly confused about why this is causing such an uproar. What do you think other fans say when they check their games at URI and see its on "Yurview"? This is no different, its on the home teams regional network. We're actually lucky that their regional network is one that some can get in sports packages.
Agree Adam.
At worst, isn’t a local Sports Bar almost always the back up plan? Make sure in advance that the Bar can get the satellite channel you want. I’d be
Shocked if the West Virginia game cannot be seen one way or another.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Hopefully that link above works ??
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago I'm honestly confused about why this is causing such an uproar. What do you think other fans say when they check their games at URI and see its on "Yurview"? This is no different, its on the home teams regional network. We're actually lucky that their regional network is one that some can get in sports packages.
I think all the home games that air on Yurview are also available on ESPN+ out of market. I think part of the consternation here is that the Big 12 has a relationship with ESPN+ so all they’d have to do is simulcast it (exactly like they do with Yurview).
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
I think all the home games that air on Yurview are also available on ESPN+ out of market. I think part of the consternation here is that the Big 12 has a relationship with ESPN+ so all they’d have to do is simulcast it (exactly like they do with Yurview).
True, but it looks like West Virginia has its own separate streaming thing going on, so they likely hang on to those streaming rights so people use their product instead of ESPN+. Additionally, with the TV portion being on AT&T Sportsnet/ROOT, they aren't about to let ESPN simulcast their TV broadcast online. With Yurview I imagine its a little different since they arent as much of a direct competitor with ESPN. I say all this with the giant disclaimer that I haven't taken the time to look up the Big12 tv contracts or anything, but its an educated guess.
0 x