The Patriot Way

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread post by TruePoint »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago
ramster wrote: 4 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago Sanu...scored less than one point for my FFL team this week, and less than 5 the week before... this should be good for my team....he can't get any worse.
It was a steal for the Patriots to get Sanu for only a 2nd round draft pick.
I don't know about a "steal". I think it was a pretty fair deal all around. Not many trades for #3 WRs yield a 2nd round pick these days.

I'm a Falcons fan, and Sanu definitely does seem to be losing a step lately. Now don't get me wrong, I know he'll go to New England and become Jerry Rice because thats how these things work, but I think the Falcons did a great job to get a 2nd round pick for a slot WR that was totally expendable with the emergence of younger guys behind him like Ridley and the emergence of Hooper at TE. It also gives them a chance to give guys like Russell Gage more time in a lost season to see what they have.
The Falcons fleeced the Patriots. I like Sanu fine, but a second round pick is very valuable in the NFL. Emmanuel Sanders is a much better player than Sanu and went for a fraction of the cost. I’m a Belichick superfan and can count the times I’ve questioned his personnel moves on one hand over 20 years, but this one is on the list.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago

I don't know about a "steal". I think it was a pretty fair deal all around. Not many trades for #3 WRs yield a 2nd round pick these days.

I'm a Falcons fan, and Sanu definitely does seem to be losing a step lately. Now don't get me wrong, I know he'll go to New England and become Jerry Rice because thats how these things work, but I think the Falcons did a great job to get a 2nd round pick for a slot WR that was totally expendable with the emergence of younger guys behind him like Ridley and the emergence of Hooper at TE. It also gives them a chance to give guys like Russell Gage more time in a lost season to see what they have.
The Falcons fleeced the Patriots. I like Sanu fine, but a second round pick is very valuable in the NFL. Emmanuel Sanders is a much better player than Sanu and went for a fraction of the cost. I’m a Belichick superfan and can count the times I’ve questioned his personnel moves on one hand over 20 years, but this one is on the list.
Yeah but watching Sanu throw a TD pass to Brady in the Super Bowl to go up 31-3 is going to be pretty fun for you guys! :lol:
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago Sanu...scored less than one point for my FFL team this week, and less than 5 the week before... this should be good for my team....he can't get any worse.
I think you are in good shape moving forward 208.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It will be pick 61 or 62.....very late 2nd round
Fleeced the Patriots? Bill B, Kraft and Brady are just adding another key piece to yet another Super Bowl Journey
Let’s see what happens from here to February
I know of nobody among my several Falcons fans or of any Atlanta news source or any sports department indicating in any way Atlanta fleeced Bill B. But time will tell as always.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Maybe wakes up Julio Jones who holds out every year to renogiate his contract and shows up to play when the regular season starts. Good move for Sanu to take a lifeboat from the Titanic. I’ll be very surprised if Dan Quinn survives as HC and Defensive Coordinator after this weekend if they lose to Seattle. Fans are now staying away in droves. Tons of empty seats at Home Games and the season isn’t even half way over. This team is getting worse and worse.
Julio is just fine. That guy is on another level and can just show up every Sunday and be better than everyone else without ever practicing.. He's also injured all the time,so I have no problem with holding him out of practice.

Agree with everything else though. Quinn is gone, its just a matter of whether they wait until the bye week or not. I was never a huge fan of the guy, but then he went and got them to a Super Bowl...and well I think you guys remember how that turned out. Since then its been a mess. His coordinator choices since Shanahan left have been a disaster. Then he went and took over as DC himself and somehow made things worse. I'm looking forward to a new regime.

A lot of what you mentioned in your next post about Sanu is true to. He's a fan favorite and I'm sorry to see him go because he's a great teammate and important leader, but if you had asked me before the trade I would have said the best we could get for him was a 4th rounder. I wouldn't really say he was underused, I think Julio, Ridley and Hooper are just better than him at this point so he was a 5th option in the offense at this point. But with all that said, it was a great move for the P byH ats to, and Sanu is going to be very good there for the rest of the season. I don't doubt that at all.
Julio is hurt a lot for sure
Shanahan leaving really hurt the Falcons. Look what he is doing at San Francisco. Has them undefeated and they were a disaster.
Quinn as lost the team. He is all talk saying all the typical things coaches say but the words are hollow
Thomas Demitroff also needs to go
Quinn shows his stupidity firing a bunch of staff including his defensive coordinator and being HC AND Defensive Coordinator himself!!! Who does that? Now he says he is sharing some defensive coordinator decisions with others - huh? What? Trying to take others down with your horrendous defense?

Blank has to move on Quinn. He has no choice.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah Quinn is definitely gone but I think he survives the year
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Yeah Quinn is definitely gone but I think he survives the year
Its definitely possible. Blank seems very reluctant to make the move for some reason.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Yeah Quinn is definitely gone but I think he survives the year
Its definitely possible. Blank seems very reluctant to make the move for some reason.
I’ll be shocked. Blank has the Basketball Final 4 in MBS this year
If he keeps Quinn the place will be empty in December.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Firing a coach in season isn’t too common though it does happen as we saw earlier with Gruden but I would be kind of surprised if Blank did that with Quinny
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Projo article on Sanu
Now it looks like Josh Gordon has played his last game for the Patriots. More opportunity for Sanu.

The Patriots search for a veteran cost them a pretty penny – a second round pick to Atlanta – but the front office found the receiver they were looking for in Mohamed Sanu this week. The 30-year-old was on hand Wednesday during the team’s first practice of the week. That day also marked the exit of another veteran receiver – Josh Gordon.
Despite appearing at practice, wearing taped up cleats, Gordon was listed as “did not participate” on the team’s injury report. Two and half hours later, he was placed on the injured reserve. To make matters even more confusing, there are several reports out there that state Gordon’s knee injury isn’t serious and the Patriots plan on releasing him so he can sign with another team later this season.

https://www.providencejournal.com/ZZ/sp ... iver-group
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago Projo article on Sanu
Now it looks like Josh Gordon has played his last game for the Patriots. More opportunity for Sanu.

The Patriots search for a veteran cost them a pretty penny – a second round pick to Atlanta – but the front office found the receiver they were looking for in Mohamed Sanu this week. The 30-year-old was on hand Wednesday during the team’s first practice of the week. That day also marked the exit of another veteran receiver – Josh Gordon.
Despite appearing at practice, wearing taped up cleats, Gordon was listed as “did not participate” on the team’s injury report. Two and half hours later, he was placed on the injured reserve. To make matters even more confusing, there are several reports out there that state Gordon’s knee injury isn’t serious and the Patriots plan on releasing him so he can sign with another team later this season.

https://www.providencejournal.com/ZZ/sp ... iver-group
It's a loophole -- If they released Gordon the other day, they would have not only been responsible for his salary but he also would have been free to sign with any other team. By putting him on the IR the way they did, he is eligible to come off when he is "healthy," but if he is released after the trade deadline next week, he has to pass through waivers. Why would a crappy team going no where put in a claim for Gordon? Because he is a free agent after this season, that team could line up a 2021 compensation pick if he signs elsewhere. So Miami could put in a claim for Gordon and pay his $1 million in remaining salary in hopes for an end of 3rd compensation pick in 2021. Patriots pick up more salary relief. Prevents him from outright being able to choose a playoff contender. That's the angle.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Here's your SB prediction....Pats [obviously] against the 49ers.

The Niners will beat out the Packers and Saints. Sorry Cowboys fans!

Belicheck's worst nightmare will come true....Garapollo against Brady...….oh the irony!

Might not be a lot of points in this one......
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NFC sure has some good teams that will beat each other up in January

Pats don’t have nearly the competition in the AFC and will need the full 2 weeks to prepare for the NFC representative
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yeah but watching Sanu throw a TD pass to Brady in the Super Bowl to go up 31-3 is going to be pretty fun for you guys! :lol:
ESPNs Barnwell rates the Trade Falcons B+ and Patriots C+

Seems like a deal that benefits both teams

Sanu had 1 year left but the Falcons were not going to hold onto him anyway
With Gordon now going the Patriots C+ grades likely goes up
Patriots are focused on Super Bowl
Expect more players traded for Draft Picks from Falcons as they are in rebuild mode

43F96421-9448-4A30-B30F-11E4C9C4A4BD.png
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Welcome to Foxboro Nick Folk
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sanu ties career high 10 receptions and sets career high with 14 targets vs Ravens

https://www.providencejournal.com/sport ... e-of-trust
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Tells you the Pats were desperate to get him.

Didn't matter last night though.

The Pats were gashed on the ground...….

Don Shula and the undefeated Dolphins can rest easy again lol...…

I told anyone who would listen that the Pats would lose at least one game, maybe 2...….

They are really good but not infallible.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ugh the 72 Dolphins make me ill but 49ers still unblemished

Pats got outplayed last night for sure and made uncharacteristically mistakes

Get games like this out of your system and move forward
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Ugh the 72 Dolphins make me ill
Even more than the '07 G-men? :lol: :lol:
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The Giants have a loser take all game this Sunday against the Jets.

Loser gets the worst team in NY award....and that's saying something.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
Yes them popping champagne every year when the last undefeated team loses irritates me
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 4 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
Yes them popping champagne every year when the last undefeated team loses irritates me
This can only mean that you think your team has a good shot at that mark. Which...the Pats seemingly do, most every year.
LOL, you're lucky that's "thing" y'all worry about! (And actually makes me smile more at ''07 ;) )
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah it’s been an amazing 20 year ride it’s going feel crazy when Brady calls it quits
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

That'll be one of two 'crazy"s.... when Bill leaves will be another...
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The Pats won't drop too much when Brady quits....BB has a knack for making whoever the backup is look good.

However when Bill hangs it up, I expect a bigger dropoff.

Of course, if Miami and the Jets don't get a LOT better and soon, the Pats will likely still be big threats to win their division.

If not, at least a wild card. I doubt they will approach the level of suckiness of the 2 teams mentioned, unless the new staff whiffs big time.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I agree with that BB probably has about 5 years left and as long as he is there the Pats will be pretty darn good
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

The Pats basically have home field advantage before the schedule is even announced playing in the AFC East.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yeah, there's basically 4 free wins, with Miami and the Jets being 2 of the worst teams in football, and not likely to get much better anytime soon.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The N'Keal Harry era starts today.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Good win today we got a break on that tripping call but we will take it
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

TWO ridiculous tripping penalties against Dallas at key times...and I'm no Dallas fan, but when you play the Pats in Foxboro you have to play 11 against 17.

That's the 3 blind mice times 2, as in the refs.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago TWO ridiculous tripping penalties against Dallas at key times...and I'm no Dallas fan, but when you play the Pats in Foxboro you have to play 11 against 17.

That's the 3 blind mice times 2, as in the refs.
I don't buy in to conspiracy stuff, but I thought I heard someone last night say there have been 4 tripping penalties all year and half of them were in that Pat's game.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

It looked like a trip to me, but I’m probably biased. One thing I know for sure is there was a 0.0% chance that Dak Prescott (who is very good but has only played in weather a couple times in his life) was going down the field for a TD against that defense, in that stadium, with that weather, with Jason Garrett coaching them. So for that reason I wish they hadn’t thrown the flag.
1 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I really hate it when the Cowboys are on tv. Every time that idiot coach starts clapping, my lights go on and off.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramfan85 wrote: 4 years ago I really hate it when the Cowboys are on tv. Every time that idiot coach starts clapping, my lights go on and off.
LOL! My brother is a yuge Cowboys fan...

He says their coach looks like a "male cheerleader" (not that there's anything wrong with that)...I say he looks like elf on a shelf without the pointy hat.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am very worried about these Baltimore Ravens
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Lamar Jackson has been incredible this year
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The Ravens are really good at football.

But like their coach said after the game, they don't hand out trophys in November.

The Pats had better hope they have home field in the AFC title game.

Not that it will matter much right now.

Belicheck had the officials looking out for bogus tripping calls against the Cowboys.

Wonder what he will pull this time?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

:roll:
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago The Ravens are really good at football.

But like their coach said after the game, they don't hand out trophys in November.

The Pats had better hope they have home field in the AFC title game.

Not that it will matter much right now.

Belicheck had the officials looking out for bogus tripping calls against the Cowboys.

Wonder what he will pull this time?

Harbaugh is the one that started the deflategate fiasco. You can bet that Bill will.be looking for something if they meet again. John better learn the rules book.
Home field isn't that much of an advantage against the Ravens. They're never intimidated playing in NE.

An interesting note
Everyone assumes the Pats.will get revenge if the teams meet in the playoffs.
Someone had a statistic last week. In the Bellichick era, there have been 9 "revenge" games in the playoffs. The Pats.are 3-6 in those rematches.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The Ravens are playing as well as any team I can remember for quite a few years.

The game against the 49ers will be something.

Of course most teams tend to peak at different times....but if they played now the Pats would lose.

Baltimore has it all: offense, defense, and special teams. The Pats have 2 out of 3.

The only thing that could stop the Ravens is injuries.

The 49ers are no joke either. Pats have their work cut out if they want to win another SB.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Pats can really use that homefield advantage if not it will be a tall order

If it’s Ravens @ Pats you can bet the Pats defense will be much better this time around
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

There's been so much talk about the Pats/Cowboys game.....who has Dallas beaten this year?

And they almost beat the Pats. At Foxboro. Even with the refs bailing out the Pats, as usual.

Is that an indictment of the Cowboys, or the Patriots?

The Pats special teams have been amazing this year...where would they be without that?

The margin of error is small for them this year.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Rambone your hate of Pats is showing thru. Special teams play counts. Defense is stellar. I think BB was holding back on scheming D last time Ravens played them, figuring he was going to see them again.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Maybe so 21377, but the Ravens are the one team that matches up really well with them.

If they play each other again, the game will be close I'm sure. It will come down to turnovers.

The Pats usually don't turn the ball over, but the Ravens play the same kind of pressure D that gives Brady fits.

The only other team that could upset the apple cart is the Chiefs...but their D stinks, so not likely.

The Pats would run the ball all day and keep Mahomes off the field.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Cowboys losing to Buffalo at home at halftime 13-7.

I know JJ said there won't be any coaching changes during the season....but if they lose this one, I'm not so sure lol.

Dallas just isn't that good, and they are proving it.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

This just in...the Cowboys stink.

Neither they nor the Eagles deserve to make the playoffs, but one of them will by default.

Garrett will be looking for work very soon after that team is eliminated.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Welcome to Foxboro Kai Forbath

Kick em straight will ya ??
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Man...hate seeing the Pats getting picked apart like a Thanksgiving turkey on Saturday
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Yikes
0 x