FCS brackets local teams

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Brian Forster
ARD

FCS brackets local teams

Unread post by Brian Forster »

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/fcs/2019

Albany,CCSU and H. Cross.

Come on man! I mean come on!!
0 x
Brian
Steve Chubin

Re: FCS brackets local teams

Unread post by Brian »

Brian Forster wrote: 4 years ago https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/fcs/2019

Albany,CCSU and H. Cross.

Come on man! I mean come on!!
Was also hoping for at least 4 CAA teams.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SCHOOL CONF OVERALL

James Madison (8-0) - (11-1) #2 Seed with First Round Bye
Albany (6-2) - (8-4) plays at home vs Central Connecticut State
Villanova (5-3) - (9-3) plays @ Southeastern Louisiana

New Hampshire (5-3) - (6-5)
Towson (4-4) - (7-5)
Maine (4-4) - (6-6)
Elon 4-4 (5-6)
Richmond (4-4) - (5-7)
Delaware (3-5) - (5-7)
William & Mary (3-5) - (5-7)
Stony Brook (2-6) - (5-7)
Rhode Island (0-8) - (2-10) only team to not win a CAA Game

UNH loss at Albany towards end of season got Albany in, UNH out
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Pathetic. Bottom line.

11 decent to good to very good teams.

One shitty team. Guess who?
0 x
Uncle Ed
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Uncle Ed »

Holy Cross coach was available to be hired when Thor chose Fleming. He in our own back yard - Salve Regina and guided them to there best teams ever. Then did the same thing at Assumption and now is doing the same at HC. I guess Thorr does not like young head coaches who do nothing but win. But don't worry because according to Thorr, Fleming is doing it the right way!
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Tbh that is the direction I would go with a football HC. Go find someone who has won and won big at a lower level and bring them up. D2, D3, Juco or high school even. The program needs a massive culture shift and someone that has a winning pedigree is the only type of person that can do that. Net net, go find a Dan Hurley type guy who is looking to move onward and upward and who won't be deterred by the challenges at URI in terms of resources and facilities bc they are used to doing more with less. Versus an FBS assistant (Fleming) or an FCS retread (Stowers).
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Tbh that is the direction I would go with a football HC. Go find someone who has won and won big at a lower level and bring them up. D2, D3, Juco or high school even. The program needs a massive culture shift and someone that has a winning pedigree is the only type of person that can do that. Net net, go find a Dan Hurley type guy who is looking to move onward and upward and who won't be deterred by the challenges at URI in terms of resources and facilities bc they are used to doing more with less. Versus an FBS assistant (Fleming) or an FCS retread (Stowers).
Totally agree BAR. Someone they can afford, who knows how to run a program and makes good decisions in all aspects.
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

Anybody believes Albany,CCSU and HC have any inherent advantages or talent over URI FB -there is a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

What does it matter when you don't win?

Just having talent or any other advantages isn't enough...it's what you do with it.

URI has wasted whatever they have with this staff. Time for a change.
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Both Albany and Villanova doing well so far today.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Tbh that is the direction I would go with a football HC. Go find someone who has won and won big at a lower level and bring them up. D2, D3, Juco or high school even. The program needs a massive culture shift and someone that has a winning pedigree is the only type of person that can do that. Net net, go find a Dan Hurley type guy who is looking to move onward and upward and who won't be deterred by the challenges at URI in terms of resources and facilities bc they are used to doing more with less. Versus an FBS assistant (Fleming) or an FCS retread (Stowers).

Maybe Sabin will be looking for a job???
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

North Dakota State defeats James Madison (28-20) for FCS Championship today
1 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

I have to agree. A coaching change and staff change may be the right idea. One winning season since 2001. Three one-win seasons. We are better than this!!
0 x