Class of 2019 look back

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Class of 2019 look back

Unread post by Rhody83 »

It will be interesting to see how URI’s top three recruiting prospects from ‘19 (Walker, Bishop & McLeod) perform this year.

The start of the season:
Walker coming off bench thru 4 games - 16 minutes 5.8 ppg, 3 rebs, 45% FG, 50% FT, last game only 7 mins & 0 points.

Dahmir Bishop is struggling offensively thru 4 games - 15 mins/game, 2.0 ppg, 21% FG, 11% 3P, 20% FT, 0.8 TOs

McLeod - academically ineligible. He is still at FSU. Not sure if he will be eligible 2nd semester but I highly doubt it.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Class of 2019 look back

Unread post by reef »

Good thread

Bishop will play vs a UConn tonight
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bishop got in late in the game cuz of foul trouble and looked lost
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Of the 3 Walker was the program changer. I'm sure Bishop and Mcleod will perform eventually but Walker in the A10 would have been a problem. What could have been!
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Bishop vs UConn played key minutes due to foul trouble for starters.
He played 19 minutes- 0-4 FG, 0-1 3P, 1-2 FT & 1 TO. Two bad shots in crunch time. Announcer lectured him to find other thongs to do to help your team.
0 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago Bishop vs UConn played key minutes due to foul trouble for starters.
He played 19 minutes- 0-4 FG, 0-1 3P, 1-2 FT & 1 TO. Two bad shots in crunch time. Announcer lectured him to find other thongs to do to help your team.
Probably the most petty string I have seen on this MB. Who cares what the recruits we didn't get are doing? Move on man, Move on.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bkoeppen wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago Bishop vs UConn played key minutes due to foul trouble for starters.
Probably the most petty string I have seen on this MB. Who cares what the recruits we didn't get are doing? Move on man, Move on.
Fully agree.
Move on. Look ahead.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

He played 19 minutes- 0-4 FG, 0-1 3P, 1-2 FT & 1 TO. Two bad shots in crunch time. Announcer lectured him to find other things to do to help your team.
I think there is some value in seeing if the staff's biggest targets are still having success at other programs - it would suggest that they have a good "eye" for D1 talent, for example. But I agree with you that it's really petty to wish ill on the players we don't get. I'm also not sure that 83 was doing that - he was just relaying what the announcer said.
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bishop 0 points today in a blowout win 11 minutes did have 4 assists
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Now I know why I blocked you. Petty? This was to see how the top recruiting targets are doing. Nothing petty about this. I don’t wish anything bad for these kids. I liked all three of them - particularly Walker and Bishop. Find something else to be wrong about.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I find the thread interesting
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."