11/9 | #7 Maryland | 9:00PM (FS1)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Gators1
Frenchy Tomlin

Re: 11/9 | #7 Maryland | 9:00PM (FS1)

Unread post by Gators1 »

eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago Good thing the complainers on this board are not also fans of the top ten ranked University of Florida who just got whacked at home by unranked Florida State 63-51. Florida was never in the game after the half and shot 4-22 on three pointers.

Imagine how much of a good time our complainers would have if they were fans of Florida?
Florida fan here (and Rhody season ticket holder). Not a good weekend all around. Florida’s performance Sunday has me more worried now about their trip to UConn next weekend. Looking forward to a chance to see them in person, hope they play much better.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

josephski wrote: 4 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago It would have been awesome if Maryland had a clunker and we stole the game.
They did have a bit of a clunker. I don't want to quote your whole post but I feel like those who don't watch much college basketball are the ones who think Maryland looks like a national championship contender.

I would say that Maryland had about 8 minutes of clunker and the rest of the game they had a representative effort. I don’t think they were spectacular, and I don’t think I implied that in my post. I also didn’t say they were national championship caliber team - I guess stranger things have happened but I don’t think they are quite at that level. They do feel like a second weekend team to me, but regardless they were good enough to expose us in a few areas. As I said, if we’d shot it a little better or had a couple calls go our way the game could have been more competitive, but overall I don’t think it is outrageous that the final margin of a game on the road to the #7 ranked team in the country is a huge embarrassment or anything to get super worked up over. I don’t think it really tells us much about where we are headed this season. It was an opportunity that goes by the boards, which is unfortunate, but at the risk of hyperbole it kind of feels like a disappointment in the same way as a losing lottery ticket does. If I get the first number on my powerball ticket right but then nothing else hits, it would be weird to respond by flipping my table over punching a hole in my wall - which is the emotional equivalent of some of the posts that were made here after the game.

My intent was not to tell anyone here that there are no valid basketball criticisms to make after a game like that. There is a lot for us to to do better throughout the year to have the kind of season we want to have. But people losing their minds about a game like that just doesn’t make any sense to me. The temperature should not rise to the level where things boil over after a game that everyone here expected we would lose before it started. That kind of stuff will lead to a very long year.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Like you said TP, this Friday's game against Alabama will be more of a bellweather than the Maryland game.

Overreaction to one game is very common.....just look at "overreaction Monday" on all the talking head shows about the NFL...…

One thing's for sure though....the teams 35% shooting percentage so far has to improve, and in a major way.
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Maryland may not be national championship good but I think they are the best team on our schedule. I wish some more shots had fallen in 2nd half to keep the score closer, but I think we showed that if we can keep up the intensity for 40 minutes we would have had a shot against the best team on the schedule.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Like you said TP, this Friday's game against Alabama will be more of a bellweather than the Maryland game.

Overreaction to one game is very common.....just look at "overreaction Monday" on all the talking head shows about the NFL...…

One thing's for sure though....the teams 35% shooting percentage so far has to improve, and in a major way.

Much of the reaction being referred to was during the game itself and shortly after the game. Note that a number of posters choose not to post during the games themselves either because they are at the game personally or they know they can get over emotionally involved posting things they later regret or both.

Not defending the DC_Rams decision but his hot button I believe went off on these 2 posts below, especially the first one.

i think judging a Coach firing should be in a separate thread where calm, pro/con discussion can take place, not in a potentially Emotional individual game thread following almost every play. But it happens....

But at the end of the day we are all responsible for what comes out of our mouths verbally and/or in written form.

How many years left on Cox's contract?

CUT
BAIT
!
1 x
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

I saw a lot of 1-3-1 in college....We weren't a good perimeter shooting club, nor had a dominant interior scorer....It takes away driving lanes as well.

So how did we beat it?.....multiple quick foul lane screens, curl, and dish or drive.......big 2 guards come in handy.

Being this is the second year of a major rebuild we are not there yet.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......geeze, I hope we don’t open a thread topic on Coach Cox......just saying.....
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Cox took a putrid team ( ok some of it his fault) added discipline, stopped all the nonsense and installed a different offense ( primarily high post) midseason last year.

We discussed it on the forums extensively and most agreed it was a brilliant coaching job. The “is this a rebuild” thread discussed a lot of it and there were other excellent discussions/debates last season. I don’t recall anyone coming up with a example of such a change success implemented at the D1 level midseason.

Now we get waxed by a top 10 team and some are ready to “cut bait” again?

Wow, tough bunch.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I wouldn't call out Cox right now, thats premature. He needs to figure out that zone though because it seems like our play book against the zone is empty. Other smaller teams will be easier to go hi-low on but shooting matters A LOT vs zone. We are a great man-man team though, I saw some nice plays before the zone.
0 x
GO RAMS
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

who said anything about firing the coach? I just asked how many years are on his contract.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

And you don’t think that pissed off DC_Rams?

And you asked “numbers of years left on the contract” during the heat of the discussion of the Maryland 2nd half and post game

But ok
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Um, 3 if you want to know. That's 3 more after last season.

Zero chance he goes anywhere for at least 2 more years.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Sorry, but I'm not going to be passive about a coach after baron. I walked away from URI hoops when he was hired.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Cox obviously still has a lot to learn, being the guy responsible for the entire program.

But he has shown progress...along with mistakes.

Sort of like 2 steps forward, one step back......even Hurley wasn't immune to that...it's URI you know?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ah yes,
Who can forget Jim Baron 2.0
0 x
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Tjrams91 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Cox obviously still has a lot to learn, being the guy responsible for the entire program.

Sort of like 2 steps forward, one step back......even Hurley wasn't immune to that...it's URI you know?
I’d argue the team Hurley had when we played MD was better, and MD was lower ranked, and we still got destroyed. That really doesn’t mean anything now though, does it? I love that we are forced to mature Toppin and Long early during this gauntlet. I think in the long run, it bodes well for us.
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

ramster, let's hope that doesn't happen again.

There was some of that early and mid season last year with Cox.....

I'm still hopeful about this season....but when doubts start creeping in...….but hey Cox can't shoot the ball for them lol.
2 x
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Unread post by NC_Ram »

IMHO we missed a great opportunity. Our shooting and lack of depth were readily apparent last year, yet our offseason yields 2 bodies needing waivers and a low impact JUCO.

Love this team but am really disappointed we could not have done better to address our weaknesses in the offseason. Especially Jeff/Cyril's last year.
4 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Like you said TP, this Friday's game against Alabama will be more of a bellweather than the Maryland game.

Much of the reaction being referred to was during the game itself and shortly after the game. Note that a number of posters choose not to post during the games themselves either because they are at the game personally or they know they can get over emotionally involved posting things they later regret or both.

Not defending the DC_Rams decision but his hot button I believe went off on these 2 posts below, especially the first one.

i think judging a Coach firing should be in a separate thread where calm, pro/con discussion can take place, not in a potentially Emotional individual game thread following almost every play. But it happens....

But at the end of the day we are all responsible for what comes out of our mouths verbally and/or in written form.

CUT
BAIT
!
There is enough blame to go around. DC stepped over the line with some of his comments but I also get why he was aggravated. Some of the fan reaction was ridiculous, even if it wasn’t profane or inflammatory and even if it was strictly about basketball and didn’t get into personal attacks. That kind of stuff isn’t against the terms of the site and will not get you banned or whatever, but it will always aggravate me. It makes the fan base look stupid.
4 x
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago

CUT
BAIT
!
There is enough blame to go around. DC stepped over the line with some of his comments but I also get why he was aggravated. Some of the fan reaction was ridiculous, even if it wasn’t profane or inflammatory and even if it was strictly about basketball and didn’t get into personal attacks. That kind of stuff isn’t against the terms of the site and will not get you banned or whatever, but it will always aggravate me. It makes the fan base look stupid.
You all tolerate more than you should here. I often side with your posts here, but I think some people that take it to the extreme game after game need a timeout as well.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

That was extreme? lol. You should have been on the projo board when baron was coach.
1 x
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago That was extreme? lol. You should have been on the projo board when baron was coach.
I’m not here much, but the underlying message to your post seemed to be, at least to me, that you are already calling for the coaches head after a loss. I could have interpreted that wrong, but seeing how defensive DCRams is about the coach and staff, and seeing how some of you can turn on a dime with every loss, those are extremes to me. I appreciate the middle ground, personally.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I just asked a question. Someone could have replied the answer instead of concocting in their own head what they thought I was intending. Which they would have no way of knowing.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

CUT
BAIT
!
The regular group on here is small enough that you kind of know the small handful who are impulsive or repetitive or irrational. That’s just white noise, at least to me at this point, but I’m not responsible for maintaining the board and having to absorb everything. Someone purposefully being homophobic or racist or misogynistic (the particular use of “female” instead of even woman conveys a lot there) is a whole other thing, yet neither is representative of the fan base as I’ve experienced it here. I don’t see that stuff as making the fan base as a whole look stupid, but I could see how it would bother others. I think most coaches will take misplaced “enthusiasm” over apathy any day, so at least there’s that? Maybe? Some boards choose to have game chats instead of game threads- let’s the irrational stuff pass without a permanent record of it. But, it can be fun to “watch” a game with others on here, especially if you’re an out-of-town fan. Good with the bad, I guess.
Last edited by ace 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I just asked a question. Someone could have replied the answer instead of concocting in their own head what they thought I was intending. Which they would have no way of knowing.
A google or forum search would have likely yielded your answer. Are you familiar with those functions? there is no way of any of us knowing that either, based on your logic, I suppose.
Last edited by Tjrams91 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Gators1 wrote: 4 years ago
eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago Good thing the complainers on this board are not also fans of the top ten ranked University of Florida who just got whacked at home by unranked Florida State 63-51. Florida was never in the game after the half and shot 4-22 on three pointers.

Imagine how much of a good time our complainers would have if they were fans of Florida?
Florida fan here (and Rhody season ticket holder). Not a good weekend all around. Florida’s performance Sunday has me more worried now about their trip to UConn next weekend. Looking forward to a chance to see them in person, hope they play much better.

Did you go to Florida?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Tjrams91 wrote: 4 years ago
theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I just asked a question. Someone could have replied the answer instead of concocting in their own head what they thought I was intending. Which they would have no way of knowing.
A google or forum search would have likely yielded your answer. Are you familiar with those functions? there is no way of any of us knowing that either, based on your logic, I suppose.
Trust me tjrams91, you will know if I'm calling for a head coach to be fired. I said nothing in the Jim Baron 2.0 thread. And I've said nothing against Cox. But every post when baron was coach was to fire him.
0 x
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
Trust me tjrams91, you will know if I'm calling for a head coach to be fired. I said nothing in the Jim Baron 2.0 thread. And I've said nothing against Cox. But every post when baron was coach was to fire him.
I’m just busting your chops man. This stuff doesn’t move me one way or the other, to be honest.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Last year's turnaround at the end was enough to take most of the heat, justified or not, off of Cox in his 1st year as coach.

Now in his 2nd year, expectations have been raised, and if we fall short or well short of that, then criticism will intensify and justifiably so.

Unfortunately, just like last year, this is an incomplete team. For various reasons, obviously.

Still, we or most of us anyway, know that with URI's past history with coaches, Cox won't be going anywhere for at least another couple of years.

So it is what it is, like it or not. We have to deal with it. I used to fly off the handle after bad losses....things are changing...it's not worth the agita at my age by stressing too much over it. Always a fan though.
3 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Cox obviously still has a lot to learn, being the guy responsible for the entire program.

I’d argue the team Hurley had when we played MD was better, and MD was lower ranked, and we still got destroyed. That really doesn’t mean anything now though, does it? I love that we are forced to mature Toppin and Long early during this gauntlet. I think in the long run, it bodes well for us.
It’s always great to see the younger players develop but last year we said the same about Harris, Martin, Tate and Silverio. Their playing time was going to be huge for their development and it would really pay off this year when we didn’t have to rely on FR. here we are a year later depending on FR again and saying the same thing about Toppin, Long and Hammond. If we don’t dance this year, we’ll end up saying that the minutes those 3 get will be crucial for their development and next season we’ll have a team to dance. Next year we’ll say the same about Leggett and Wood if they are needed for extended minutes. I believe the biggest frustration is that everyone knew what our weaknesses were coming into this season but those weren’t addressed “appropriately”. With a proven guard who can shoot and a dependable PF/C to back up the frontcourt, this team could’ve aspired to an at-large berth.
5 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago That was extreme? lol. You should have been on the projo board when baron was coach.
Or after the home loss to Fordham...or StonyBrook....
2 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Rhody22 wrote: 4 years ago

It’s always great to see the younger players develop but last year we said the same about Harris, Martin, Tate and Silverio. Their playing time was going to be huge for their development and it would really pay off this year when we didn’t have to rely on FR. here we are a year later depending on FR again and saying the same thing about Toppin, Long and Hammond. If we don’t dance this year, we’ll end up saying that the minutes those 3 get will be crucial for their development and next season we’ll have a team to dance. Next year we’ll say the same about Leggett and Wood if they are needed for extended minutes. I believe the biggest frustration is that everyone knew what our weaknesses were coming into this season but those weren’t addressed “appropriately”. With a proven guard who can shoot and a dependable PF/C to back up the frontcourt, this team could’ve aspired to an at-large berth.
72 I agree with you on the guard situation, mainly because I don’t really think that Shepard is what we need if he was eligible. We should be fine at PF/C if Antoine was ruled eligible. Cyril and Jermaine with a solid backup is the best frontcourt in the league.
0 x
Dowtinsavestheworld
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Dowtinsavestheworld »

Dowtin needs to run the point period.

I don't think he gets enough credit his 3+ year stretch. The 2016 team was in shambles before he took the point. Even with all of our talent in 2016 and 2017, the offense only moved when operated by Dowtin. Terrell, Mathews, and others would often just go one on one. Like many have stated before, I don't know what the love affair is with Fatts at the point. If Dowtin runs the point and Fatts works on his consistent shooting, we have a chance to do special things this year. Dowtin knows how to get players in the right places and best shooting opportunities.

I'm not holding my breath this will happen but I will try to embrace the last year of Dowtin. What an incredible basketball IQ and pace for the game.
4 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

josephski wrote: 4 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago It would have been awesome if Maryland had a clunker and we stole the game.
They did have a bit of a clunker. I don't want to quote your whole post but I feel like those who don't watch much college basketball are the ones who think Maryland looks like a national championship contender.

I would say that Maryland had about 8 minutes of clunker and the rest of the game they had a representative effort. I don’t think they were spectacular, and I don’t think I implied that in my post. I also didn’t say they were national championship caliber team - I guess stranger things have happened but I don’t think they are quite at that level. They do feel like a second weekend team to me, but regardless they were good enough to expose us in a few areas. As I said, if we’d shot it a little better or had a couple calls go our way the game could have been more competitive, but overall I don’t think it is outrageous that the final margin of a game on the road to the #7 ranked team in the country is a huge embarrassment or anything to get super worked up over. I don’t think it really tells us much about where we are headed this season. It was an opportunity that goes by the boards, which is unfortunate, but at the risk of hyperbole it kind of feels like a disappointment in the same way as a losing lottery ticket does. If I get the first number on my powerball ticket right but then nothing else hits, it would be weird to respond by flipping my table over punching a hole in my wall - which is the emotional equivalent of some of the posts that were made here after the game.

My intent was not to tell anyone here that there are no valid basketball criticisms to make after a game like that. There is a lot for us to to do better throughout the year to have the kind of season we want to have. But people losing their minds about a game like that just doesn’t make any sense to me. The temperature should not rise to the level where things boil over after a game that everyone here expected we would lose before it started. That kind of stuff will lead to a very long year.
Fair enough but I'm less concerned about the fact we lost and more so with how we lost.

I agree with your lottery ticket analogy but I think the disappointment is mainly because we shot 20% in the second half and it certainly wasn't only due to Maryland's defense. I don't know how anyone could watch that second half and think we were just so outmatched that 20%, only 7 shots made, was the best we could do.

Even if we had shot 40% in the second half we might have still lost but at least it wouldn't feel like a repeat of last year. I guess in my mind, people saying "Oh who cares we lost to Maryland, they're a top 10 team and we were supposed to lose anyways" is ignoring the fact that our shooting woes have shown up in the second game of the season.

The positive takeaway for me is that if we can at least shoot fairly average, we can likely compete with anyone on our schedule.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Dowtinsavestheworld wrote: 4 years ago Dowtin needs to run the point period.

I don't think he gets enough credit his 3+ year stretch. The 2016 team was in shambles before he took the point. Even with all of our talent in 2016 and 2017, the offense only moved when operated by Dowtin. Terrell, Mathews, and others would often just go one on one. Like many have stated before, I don't know what the love affair is with Fatts at the point. If Dowtin runs the point and Fatts works on his consistent shooting, we have a chance to do special things this year. Dowtin knows how to get players in the right places and best shooting opportunities.

I'm not holding my breath this will happen but I will try to embrace the last year of Dowtin. What an incredible basketball IQ and pace for the game.
If we had an experienced 2 guard with some size, this wouldn't be an issue imo.

But we don't. Martin isn't a 2 guard. Hammond just isn't ready.

Like I said in another post, this is an incomplete team. The loss of Sheppard really impacts this situation.

When Dowtin took over the point from Garrett, we had a load of 2 guards. Tons of depth. Now we have none.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......I can remember the phrase not ready yet, being used for Tertsea, help me here, is “not ready yet” code for the player has not grasped the defense/offense concepts, schemes, and team play etc as to not be a liability on the court?
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago
Dowtinsavestheworld wrote: 4 years ago Dowtin needs to run the point period.

If we had an experienced 2 guard with some size, this wouldn't be an issue imo.

But we don't. Martin isn't a 2 guard. Hammond just isn't ready.

Like I said in another post, this is an incomplete team. The loss of Sheppard really impacts this situation.

When Dowtin took over the point from Garrett, we had a load of 2 guards. Tons of depth. Now we have none.
Rambone,
When we played Dowtin at PG, Terrell and Matthews who was your 2 guard?

I’d disagree that Martin can’t play the 2 guard. I’d even say in this day and age of position less basketball that Dowtin would play PG leading the offense just as he did Freshman and Sophomore years and you would have Martin, Tate and Toppin available for the wing guard positions. Right now it’s Fats PG with Dowtin and Martin on the wings.

Jeff PG
Martin G
Toppin G
Langevine F
Harris F

Fatts, Tate, Long, Hammond off bench right now in that order but could change
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

There is a better chance of Cox resigning before Friday’s game than Fatts moving to the bench. He played 40 minutes on Saturday. There is no possible way he doesn’t start. I won’t argue against the idea that Jeff should play with the ball in his hands a bit more but that can happen with Fatts on the floor.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yeah TP you're right on that one. With the team as it is right now, there's no chance Fatts will sit for long periods.

But yes even with Fatts as PG, Jeff should handle the ball more. Every time you think Fatts is going to play more under control, here comes the hero ball drive it into the trees act...or throw up off balance 3's.

ramster, either Terrell or Matthews was the 2...and either could play the 3 at times.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago There is a better chance of Cox resigning before Friday’s game than Fatts moving to the bench. He played 40 minutes on Saturday. There is no possible way he doesn’t start. I won’t argue against the idea that Jeff should play with the ball in his hands a bit more but that can happen with Fatts on the floor.
100% true. The die is cast on Fatts/JD/CL minutes. Looking back on the discussion of signing Shepperd vis a vis roster management, the timing was sort of rough on the staff. They take him while CT and Silverio are still on the roster if I have that right. Makes a little more sense although I would guess the staff had a sense of how he felt. I would love to know why Silverio left. Was he just tired of Fatts playing 35 minutes and chucking up shots and knowing he would be behind that for a while? He was 33% from three as a frosh with a report as being a very good HS shooter. Team needs a shooter in the worst way. Not making the dance when you have an elite guard and big would be disappointing. Could be a really rough 20-'21.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Russell had 5 points over 40 min.
0 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Omar was too slow and a liability on defense.

If he had stayed, he would have been used in a spot role as a 3 pt. shooter.

Johnson MAY fill that role in time. At least I think that was the plan.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

.......I think Omar was a major defensive liability, even with spot up shooting......he probably saw that limiting his minutes......no?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Fatts is the ultimate streak shooter.

As he goes, we go. Without Sheppard, we have to rely on him too much.

And most of the time, that's not good.

Ha ha 105, talk about thinking in lockstep.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Also, did anyone else notice that Martin seemed to be a bit of a rebel in the second half? He gets teched in the first half, then takes some awful shots without running any plays. he seems frustrated.
0 x
GO RAMS
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

.......I did, and that from him, and as the team offense seems to breakdown with the shooting woes.....we get out of sync and stand around and chuck shots from three......we have seen that before.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Cox has to straighten their ass out when that happens.

He seems too passive at times in that regard.

Martin can be a little bit of a hothead...and Jeff gets visibly frustrated too.
1 x
A Ramfan In SK
Jim Eitner

Unread post by A Ramfan In SK »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago Also, did anyone else notice that Martin seemed to be a bit of a rebel in the second half? He gets teched in the first half, then takes some awful shots without running any plays. he seems frustrated.
I had zero issue with Martin standing up for himself in the first half with the tech. It showed we wouldn’t be pushed around, and we’re here to compete (plus the foul wasn’t even that bad). He did seem to lose discipline, as did the rest of the team, once things started to go sideways. It’s these moments when Cox is gonna earn his paycheck going forward.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......even thou I just contributed to the conversation, I think we at some distance from the team actually know what is rattling around in the players heads, and we have many many games to go, the ship will right itself and we enter A-10 schedule......we will still battle within the top tier.....
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Yeah TP you're right on that one. With the team as it is right now, there's no chance Fatts will sit for long periods.

But yes even with Fatts as PG, Jeff should handle the ball more. Every time you think Fatts is going to play more under control, here comes the hero ball drive it into the trees act...or throw up off balance 3's.

ramster, either Terrell or Matthews was the 2...and either could play the 3 at times.
Agreed
And I’d say Martin can play the 2 or 3 just like Matthews and Terrell did. Remember all the complaining on this board about Mathews inability to dribble well? He had his finger operated on after the season. Martin can play either wing side. In fact he already does.
0 x