The Patriot Way

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Yeah Brady's "limited" in practice. Just like all those times he was listed on the injury report as "probable".

Just more bullshit. I'm sure his opponents won't find him limited.

Just another Patriot con job.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

How is it bullshit? If Brady doesn't take 100% of his normal reps the Patriots are required to list him as limited. That's not an indication of whether he'll play or not, it's just based on practice participation
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I wouldn’t read too much into the listing of the injury reports . The Pats will just do what they have to do to comply with league rules
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Yeah Brady's "limited" in practice. Just like all those times he was listed on the injury report as "probable".

Just more bullshit. I'm sure his opponents won't find him limited.

Just another Patriot con job.
Haha why are you so mad that you don’t know how NFL injury reporting works?
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I could care less how NFL injury reporting works.

The Pats could say that Brady had both arms amputated and he's still show up and be 100% for the game.

It's a load of bullshit and everyone knows it.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I believe it’s the same for all teams no ???
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Oh boy, this is a doozy. Although WEEI is something I almost never listen to now, they do still send me daily website emails. And the subject line of a blog post this morning caught my attention: "URI professor claims Tom Brady 'embodies a living fantasy of white male omnipotence' in published analysis.

Relevant links:
https://weei.radio.com/blogs/lucy-burdg ... y-embodies
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=13765
https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.10 ... 19799-5_16

I don't even know where to start...my first hole is the fact that Brady has been worshipped consistently by fans since 2002 through several presidencies? That my observation is pretty much whether you are in or out of New England determines your love of Brady, not the color of his skin? Also, if our QB winning 6 Super Bowls was black, brown, had one leg, etc. I don't see that person not also being beloved.

If the author connects say a rise in Brady popularity the past 3 years from white nationalist types around the country maybe, but in reading the abstract it is not apparent this is focused on (I'll confess I am not going to purchase the full article). Connecting the two threads is A STRETCH to say the least. I guess I'll pass it off as "all our school's research papers can't be winners"?
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Stretching indeed. I’m really glad I had never heard of this dope professor until today. Does he realize everyone outside of New England hates the Pats? Does he realize New England = “coastal elites”, a liberal bastion.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago Oh boy, this is a doozy. Although WEEI is something I almost never listen to now, they do still send me daily website emails. And the subject line of a blog post this morning caught my attention: "URI professor claims Tom Brady 'embodies a living fantasy of white male omnipotence' in published analysis.

Relevant links:

I don't even know where to start...my first hole is the fact that Brady has been worshipped consistently by fans since 2002 through several presidencies? That my observation is pretty much whether you are in or out of New England determines your love of Brady, not the color of his skin? Also, if our QB winning 6 Super Bowls was black, brown, had one leg, etc. I don't see that person not also being beloved.

If the author connects say a rise in Brady popularity the past 3 years from white nationalist types around the country maybe, but in reading the abstract it is not apparent this is focused on (I'll confess I am not going to purchase the full article). Connecting the two threads is A STRETCH to say the least. I guess I'll pass it off as "all our school's research papers can't be winners"?

Yup, sure is a doozer... from the campusreform article:
“By subtly coding Brady as a version of the 97 lb weakling in ‘The Brady 6,’ his subsequent transformation into Brady—the five-time Super Bowl champion and ‘G.O.A.T’—enables him to be easily read as an athletic variation of the self-made man,” Kusz writes, adding that “the self-made man is [a] seductive and potent ideological figure of American liberalism long used to mask the systemic privileges afforded to, and enjoyed by, white men, especially those with economic means.”
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

This is the type of thing that gives academics a bad name.

Rambone - they don’t practice him a lot because (a) he doesn’t need the reps, (b) he’s old and (c) he gets hit a lot during games and they might as well manage him because of (a) and (b).

The NFL’s rules for injury reporting are what they are. Everyone knows that he is going to play; I haven’t heard one person anywhere question whether he’s going to play against the Bills. The team certainly hasn’t suggested that, and the Bills certainly aren’t questioning it. They aren’t trying to trick anyone, they’re just following the rules.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago Oh boy, this is a doozy. Although WEEI is something I almost never listen to now, they do still send me daily website emails. And the subject line of a blog post this morning caught my attention: "URI professor claims Tom Brady 'embodies a living fantasy of white male omnipotence' in published analysis.

Relevant links:

Yup, sure is a doozer... from the campusreform article:
“By subtly coding Brady as a version of the 97 lb weakling in ‘The Brady 6,’ his subsequent transformation into Brady—the five-time Super Bowl champion and ‘G.O.A.T’—enables him to be easily read as an athletic variation of the self-made man,” Kusz writes, adding that “the self-made man is [a] seductive and potent ideological figure of American liberalism long used to mask the systemic privileges afforded to, and enjoyed by, white men, especially those with economic means.”
This is why Donald Trump is President.
4 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRa ... tid=190178

The concensus is that this guy's course is based on his opinion and not fact.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRa ... tid=190178

The concensus is that this guy's course is based on his opinion and not fact.
At least the students see through this guy. How can people like this guy continue to teach? Same thing happens in high schools.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

That was a game they should have lost. The offense was inept and ineffective. Brady looked scared in the pocket. But a win is a win.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The Patriots haven't played a team with a good QB yet...if they had played one today they would have lost.

That gambling blitz happy D wouldn't work against a top QB.

Their offense is clearly a couple of levels below their usual. Their defense though is pretty decent lol.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago The Patriots haven't played a team with a good QB yet...if they had played one today they would have lost.

That gambling blitz happy D wouldn't work against a top QB.

Their offense is clearly a couple of levels below their usual. Their defense though is pretty decent lol.
So when do they meet a team with a good QB? The Chiefs? lol. They meet the Chiefs in week 14. They could be 13-0 in that game. Maybe Brady sits and laughs.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Some real upsets today...and the Chiefs almost lost too.

And some real BAD teams.....here's looking at you Redskins.....might be as bad as the Dolphins.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Pats have some serious offensive line issues that need to be addressed especially when the schedule toughens in a few weeks
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

How many more missed PATs before they bring in a new guy?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Gostkowski has been awful this year but he most likely finish out the year then they bring in some competition in the off season ???
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Still waiting for the Pats to play someone good...….tonight's game will be a laugher with that awesome Giant D.....and most of their offensive skill position players out due to injury. Jones is coming back to earth because he has no help.

Brady and the offense don't even have to play well to win these games, with their defense and playing teams that can't score.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Still waiting for the Pats to play someone good...….tonight's game will be a laugher with that awesome Giant D.....and most of their offensive skill position players out due to injury. Jones is coming back to earth because he has no help.

Brady and the offense don't even have to play well to win these games, with their defense and playing teams that can't score.
Who's "good" though? The nature of the modern NFL and a salary cap league is that you can't have a perfect team; all teams have weaknesses, some are just more readily exposed against Team A vs. Team B.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Pats going down tonight in a shocker...
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 4 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Still waiting for the Pats to play someone good...….tonight's game will be a laugher with that awesome Giant D.....and most of their offensive skill position players out due to injury. Jones is coming back to earth because he has no help.

Who's "good" though? The nature of the modern NFL and a salary cap league is that you can't have a perfect team; all teams have weaknesses, some are just more readily exposed against Team A vs. Team B.
And the nature of the modern NFL is what makes the dynasty of the Patriots even more amazing

Going into tonight’s game people tend to think about Brady and the offense and rightfully so.......

Thru 5 games:
Patriots have scored 155 points. Only the Ravens have more with 161.

Patriots defense has given up only 34 points. 49ers have given up the next fewest with 57 points but 49ers have only played 4 games too whereas the Patriots have played 5 games.

Patriots defense has been very good so far.
1 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

This game.makes.me.very nervous. On paper, it should.be.a.blowout. But, historically, these teams.always play close, exciting games (not just the Super Bowls).
Pats need to take.an early.lead and not let the Giants think for a second that they can win.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Pats are favored by 17 playing at Gillette.
Maybe the daily, cold weather gets the G-men dome breaks but I doubt it.
Patriots by 30
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I can't understand when all NFL players complain about Thursday night games, why don't they schedule them after a team has a bye week?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Pats won by 3 TDS but didn’t look good doing it

The offense is cause for concern and injuries are piling up

6-0 feels great but we are beating on the little sisters of the poor but that’s what the NFL schedule Gave us to play
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

The offense is struggling but the D is as good as it gets. Maybe best in NFL this year? Hard to tell until they see some better competition
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I wouldn’t say there is cause for concern or that the offense struggled
I’d call it another Patriots domination
  • 27 first downs to only 10 for the G-men
  • 78 plays to 48 for the G-men
  • Time of possession 40 minutes to only 20 minutes for the G-men
  • Sony Michel continues to be solid at RB with 86 yards
  • Favored by 17, won by 21
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I can't understand when all NFL players complain about Thursday night games, why don't they schedule them after a team has a bye week?
Because the league and owners do the scheduling, and since when do they give a shit about players? The Thursday games are usually awful, even when there are good teams playing, but the speculation for years has been that the league wants to do more games (17 or 18-game schedule) or to expand to every day of the week with staggering. It's something the union could try to collectively bargain for, but they're probably going to fight more for guarantees in the next contract.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I can't understand when all NFL players complain about Thursday night games, why don't they schedule them after a team has a bye week?
Because the league and owners do the scheduling, and since when do they give a shit about players? The Thursday games are usually awful, even when there are good teams playing, but the speculation for years has been that the league wants to do more games (17 or 18-game schedule) or to expand to every day of the week with staggering. It's something the union could try to collectively bargain for, but they're probably going to fight more for guarantees in the next contract.
But Steve, wouldn't it make sense if the bye week teams play on a Thursday? They play Sunday, have the next weekend off and play on Thursday. Now they play on Sunday and play 4 days later. It's ridiculous.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
But Steve, wouldn't it make sense if the bye week teams play on a Thursday? They play Sunday, have the next weekend off and play on Thursday. Now they play on Sunday and play 4 days later. It's ridiculous.
What does "sense" have anything to do with the NFL?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I don't get why other teams are dealing good players to the Patriots.

People are saying the Pats gave up too much [2nd round pick] but really?

Their 2nd round pick will end up being around the 60th pick in the draft.

The Pats rarely lose not just on the field, but when it comes to draft pick deals.

When Brady retires [which seems now like it could be very soon] the Pats will just deal for a QB and keep on winning.

Belicheck is a genius among fools.....damn I wish he had been picked as the Giants coach after Parcells left. Ray Handley????? Abomination.

I mean winning 2 more SB's was nice, but imagine how many more they would have won. And the Pats would still suck lol.

Having a good and stable organization is EVERYTHING in pro sports, especially the NFL.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Why do you say Brady looks like he will be retiring soon? Is it because you say that every year? :lol: :lol:
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Sanu...scored less than one point for my FFL team this week, and less than 5 the week before... this should be good for my team....he can't get any worse.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago I don't get why other teams are dealing good players to the Patriots.

The Pats rarely lose not just on the field, but when it comes to draft pick deals.

When Brady retires [which seems now like it could be very soon] the Pats will just deal for a QB and keep on winning.

Belicheck is a genius among fools.....damn I wish he had been picked as the Giants coach after Parcells left. Ray Handley????? Abomination.

I mean winning 2 more SB's was nice, but imagine how many more they would have won. And the Pats would still suck lol.

Having a good and stable organization is EVERYTHING in pro sports, especially the NFL.
I would have prefered we kept AB, espescially after it was reported, like i suspected all along BB and Tb wanted him to stay but Kraft overruled them.If i were BB i would put an ultimatimutum to kraft no more interference in football matters or he quits. BB and TB ARE THE PATRIOTS. Without them Kraft is just another Rich guy friend of Donald Trump who pays for handjobs at asain saloons.

I honestly don't see how anyone can see anything nefarious in those text messages. If i was in his situation i would do the same thing and i suspect so would all of us? Have we really gone so far down this guilty until proven innocent meetoo road you can't even look into the background of someone accusing you ?

That being said, Sanu is a beast. Or, at least was one for the Falcons. pick #60-64 is a high cost but it's worth it for a legit high end #2 WR.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The Pats front office and coaching is the best

We just signed a 3 time pro bowler special teams guy from the Ravens too
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

EGram wrote: 4 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago I don't get why other teams are dealing good players to the Patriots.

I would have prefered we kept AB, espescially after it was reported, like i suspected all along BB and Tb wanted him to stay but Kraft overruled them.If i were BB i would put an ultimatimutum to kraft no more interference in football matters or he quits. BB and TB ARE THE PATRIOTS. Without them Kraft is just another Rich guy friend of Donald Trump who pays for handjobs at asain saloons.

I honestly don't see how anyone can see anything nefarious in those text messages. If i was in his situation i would do the same thing and i suspect so would all of us? Have we really gone so far down this guilty until proven innocent meetoo road you can't even look into the background of someone accusing you ?

That being said, Sanu is a beast. Or, at least was one for the Falcons. pick #60-64 is a high cost but it's worth it for a legit high end #2 WR.
If that is all it was and it’s only because of Kraft, then why hasn’t any team picked him up? Lots of teams need wide receiver help, especially if in a playoff possibility position?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago Sanu...scored less than one point for my FFL team this week, and less than 5 the week before... this should be good for my team....he can't get any worse.
It was a steal for the Patriots to get Sanu for only a 2nd round draft pick.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
EGram wrote: 4 years ago

If that is all it was and it’s only because of Kraft, then why hasn’t any team picked him up? Lots of teams need wide receiver help, especially if in a playoff possibility position?
Not to relitigate this but it this was the case. About a day after i initially posted Kraft overruled BB and TB it got reported in the media what should have been obvious to other observers.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patrio ... onio-brown

Unless AB is suddenly suspended of the rest of the year someone will pick him up in the next month. I would say it's almost a guarntee.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raide ... s-interest
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Don't understand the love for Sanu but whatever. As far as AB goes, if it was Kraft, so be it. He owns the team and is ultimately in charge.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

UCH21377 wrote: 4 years ago Don't understand the love for Sanu but whatever. As far as AB goes, if it was Kraft, so be it. He owns the team and is ultimately in charge.
Read this article as to why Bill B has long wanted Sanu. Goes all the way back to Rutgers days. Bill B got the guy he has long wanted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nesn.com/2 ... tails/amp/
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago Sanu...scored less than one point for my FFL team this week, and less than 5 the week before... this should be good for my team....he can't get any worse.
I don't know about a "steal". I think it was a pretty fair deal all around. Not many trades for #3 WRs yield a 2nd round pick these days.

I'm a Falcons fan, and Sanu definitely does seem to be losing a step lately. Now don't get me wrong, I know he'll go to New England and become Jerry Rice because thats how these things work, but I think the Falcons did a great job to get a 2nd round pick for a slot WR that was totally expendable with the emergence of younger guys behind him like Ridley and the emergence of Hooper at TE. It also gives them a chance to give guys like Russell Gage more time in a lost season to see what they have.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago
I don't know about a "steal". I think it was a pretty fair deal all around. Not many trades for #3 WRs yield a 2nd round pick these days.

I'm a Falcons fan, and Sanu definitely does seem to be losing a step lately. Now don't get me wrong, I know he'll go to New England and become Jerry Rice because thats how these things work, but I think the Falcons did a great job to get a 2nd round pick for a slot WR that was totally expendable with the emergence of younger guys behind him like Ridley and the emergence of Hooper at TE. It also gives them a chance to give guys like Russell Gage more time in a lost season to see what they have.

Maybe wakes up Julio Jones who holds out every year to renogiate his contract and shows up to play when the regular season starts. Good move for Sanu to take a lifeboat from the Titanic. I’ll be very surprised if Dan Quinn survives as HC and Defensive Coordinator after this weekend if they lose to Seattle. Fans are now staying away in droves. Tons of empty seats at Home Games and the season isn’t even half way over. This team is getting worse and worse.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I like the Sanu pickup and wasn’t thrilled about giving up a 2nd but it will probably be the 64th pick so it’s fair

Let’s get that ring number 7 baby
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Atlanta Falcons Fans have a lot of respect for Sanu. They are just about unanimous in wishing him the best at New England and hope he gets a ring. New England fans may not realize it yet but Sanu is a class act, a well respected leader in the clubhouse and was underutilized by the Falcons this season as a target.
You are right, Reef, the pick will be at the end of the 2nd round. At this point in time it’s a win for the Patriots and Atlanta looks to be setting up for the future when they soon clean house of the Coaching staff and Thomas Dimetrof must go at long last.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Assessment of trade from USA Today....
Interesting point about Sanu’s ability to pass. Also point made about durability as Sanu has missed only 2 games in 7 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... 4064581002

And then there is Sanu's arm, arguably stronger than TB12's, and one that the former high school quarterback has used to launch four NFL touchdown passes. (In fact, Sanu owns a perfect 158.3 career passer rating, completing seven of eight attempts for 233 yards and those four scores.) Think the Patriots — Belichick loves a good gadget play — won't leverage that?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I would have preferred the Sanders deal that SF got, but clearly they needed someone. Turns out they may need 2 someones, with Josh Gordon going on IR.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago

Maybe wakes up Julio Jones who holds out every year to renogiate his contract and shows up to play when the regular season starts. Good move for Sanu to take a lifeboat from the Titanic. I’ll be very surprised if Dan Quinn survives as HC and Defensive Coordinator after this weekend if they lose to Seattle. Fans are now staying away in droves. Tons of empty seats at Home Games and the season isn’t even half way over. This team is getting worse and worse.
Julio is just fine. That guy is on another level and can just show up every Sunday and be better than everyone else without ever practicing.. He's also injured all the time,so I have no problem with holding him out of practice.

Agree with everything else though. Quinn is gone, its just a matter of whether they wait until the bye week or not. I was never a huge fan of the guy, but then he went and got them to a Super Bowl...and well I think you guys remember how that turned out. Since then its been a mess. His coordinator choices since Shanahan left have been a disaster. Then he went and took over as DC himself and somehow made things worse. I'm looking forward to a new regime.

A lot of what you mentioned in your next post about Sanu is true to. He's a fan favorite and I'm sorry to see him go because he's a great teammate and important leader, but if you had asked me before the trade I would have said the best we could get for him was a 4th rounder. I wouldn't really say he was underused, I think Julio, Ridley and Hooper are just better than him at this point so he was a 5th option in the offense at this point. But with all that said, it was a great move for the Pats to, and Sanu is going to be very good there for the rest of the season. I don't doubt that at all.
0 x