Tickets

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Tickets

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I’ve seen a few questions on ticket availability. Season ticket holders got an e-mail today saying in part:
With the Men’s Schedule just finalized and the Women’s getting finalized this week we will be starting the professional printing process for tickets and parking. This is a 4-week process so once we get them in from the printer, we will ship them out to you. Our estimated mail date is October 11th for the Men and October 21st for the Women’s Tickets. Tickets will be sent via USPS so be on the lookout for those.

I presume single game tickets won’t be available until October.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: Tickets

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago I’ve seen a few questions on ticket availability. Season ticket holders got an e-mail today saying in part:
With the Men’s Schedule just finalized and the Women’s getting finalized this week we will be starting the professional printing process for tickets and parking. This is a 4-week process so once we get them in from the printer, we will ship them out to you. Our estimated mail date is October 11th for the Men and October 21st for the Women’s Tickets. Tickets will be sent via USPS so be on the lookout for those.

The "professional printing process?" Good lord, who writes this nonsense?
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago I’ve seen a few questions on ticket availability. Season ticket holders got an e-mail today saying in part:

The trend is to completely paperless mobile ticketing
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

The process is once the season ticket promotion period ends, the mini package promotion period begins and once that period ends, single tickets then go on sale. They only know what remaining seats are available for single game purchases after these two promotions have run their course. Single game tickets should be available for purchase around mid October.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

When should we expect mini-plans to be released?
0 x
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Why is it nonsense?
0 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

URI96 wrote: 4 years ago

Why is it nonsense?
Because it’s bullshit puffery. “Print” would suffice.
3 x
Slava Ukraini!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

Agreed, but I still like the actual ticket. I probably have saved most of the ones for the past seven seasons or so. And no I am not a hoarder :lol: I am a minimalist and throw most things out, but I save game and event tickets for some reason.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
I still have all my concert stubs from the 70’s and 80’s.

Agreed, but I still like the actual ticket. I probably have saved most of the ones for the past seven seasons or so. And no I am not a hoarder :lol: I am a minimalist and throw most things out, but I save game and event tickets for some reason.
I still have my ticket stubs from the 70’s and 80’s.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago

I still have all my concert stubs from the 70’s and 80’s.

I still have my ticket stubs from the 70’s and 80’s.

Perfect
0 x
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

I'm just like you. A minimalist, but I save all my ticket stubs — in albums (I like to say the only thing I collect is memories):
20190914_091657.jpg
4 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Love it! I have this storage box from Marshall’s I have all tickets and random other mementos from high school on.
Of course I saved my Mohegan Sun one, too!
3 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Here's a prime reason why some venues are replacing actual tickets with digital ducats. Very impressive scam this young man pulled off!

0 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Knew a kid that was doing this when the new Yankee Stadium opened. Would go every game to the Legends Seats which included the buffet. I never had the cojones, so naturally was in the bleachers.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago Knew a kid that was doing this when the new Yankee Stadium opened. Would go every game to the Legends Seats which included the buffet. I never had the cojones, so naturally was in the bleachers.
0 x
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago Here's a prime reason why some venues are replacing actual tickets with digital ducats. Very impressive scam this young man pulled off!

I am surprised that he could get into the BMW Club, I would think that the barcode on his ticket would have to be scanned to get into the BMW Club, so his barcode would therefore not scan since he didn't have the required ticket.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 4 years ago

I'm just like you. A minimalist, but I save all my ticket stubs — in albums (I like to say the only thing I collect is memories):

20190914_091657.jpg
Good stuff. I keep tickets to the big games I have attended. World Series Games, SuperBowls, Final 4’s........

But the reality is these are quickly becoming dinosaurs.

Last season half of all NFL Stadiums were 100% paperless. This 100% paperless. This year the use of screen shots is also not acceptable. They continue to make revisions to counteract theft possibilities.

Mobile phones is the NFL present.

Will move to Other sports as well.

So maybe those old tickets become more and more collectors items.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

When the Tampa Bay Lightning first started playing, we lived just a couple miles up the road form the Thunderdome (now Topicana Field... Thunderdome was way better. Saw AC/DC there when it was called that, and they played Thunderstruck, with a massive thunderstorm happening outside, but I digress, as usual).

I would watch a period or two at home and if it seemed worthwhile, drive down there between periods to watch the rest. They normally stopped taking tickets after the first period ended and the place was so huge...always room. They had an area called the Lightning Club (I think it's where the press box is behind home plate now) with all kinds of better food and drink selection and a great view. Of course, I never had tickets there, but...

When I got down there, I would stand outside the door of the Lightning Club and as someone was leaving, ask if I could use their ticket stub to go in and check to see if my friend was there. About 80% of the time, folks gave me the ticket and I'd get in...once there, if I was with someone, I'd put the ticket in a cigarette pack (was a smoker then) and toss the cigarette pack out the door to my friend outside of it. Now he had a ticket in, too.

Sketchier and a lot more work than I'm willing to put into it these days...fun times nonetheless...
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Mini game plan dates are out
12/6 - PC
12/21 - Western KY
1/18 - La Salle
1/31 - VCU
3/1 - St. Louis

Booooooo for not having the Alabama or Dayton game part of the package
1 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

spookydog wrote: 4 years ago Mini game plan dates are out
12/6 - PC
12/21 - Western KY
1/18 - La Salle
1/31 - VCU
3/1 - St. Louis

Is there only one mini-plan this year?
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
spookydog wrote: 4 years ago Mini game plan dates are out
12/6 - PC
12/21 - Western KY
1/18 - La Salle
1/31 - VCU
3/1 - St. Louis

Is there only one mini-plan this year?
3 game is pick what you want excluding the PC game.
1 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I hope Rhody fans buy up the 5 game plans so PC fans get blocked out.
300 sections are only $120 for 5 games and 308 & 309 are only $90.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

so the only way to get PC tix is to buy tix to 5 games? (as of now anyway?)
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago so the only way to get PC tix is to buy tix to 5 games? (as of now anyway?)
Correct. It was the same two years ago and they never had single game seats for PC game available.
Between season tickets, 5 game plans, the extra tickets sold to season ticket holders/donors, student allotment and the tickets they sell to PC the game was sold out.
1 x
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

Just a heads up for everyone. Tickets for the brown game have gone on sale on their website. Tickets are $20 flat with no fees with seats directly behind the bench. Just picked up 4 for a bunch of us to go.

Here’s the link:
https://www.nmnathletics.com/tickets/Bu ... eservation
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I just don't get why the scam artist kid can't just be happy doing his thing and going to the games? Why would you blow up your own spot like that?
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago I just don't get why the scam artist kid can't just be happy doing his thing and going to the games? Why would you blow up your own spot like that?
I guess getting into the games isn't enough - needs to have everyone know about it.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago I just don't get why the scam artist kid can't just be happy doing his thing and going to the games? Why would you blow up your own spot like that?
I guess getting into the games isn't enough - needs to have everyone know about it.
Although I guess it doesn't matter now that they've moved to San Fran? Would be hilarious if he got charged with something or banned from the arena now that he made himself so popular.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
Although I guess it doesn't matter now that they've moved to San Fran? Would be hilarious if he got charged with something or banned from the arena now that he made himself so popular.

He looks like one of those guys who will DM a girl 15 times in a row with no response.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago

He looks like one of those guys who will DM a girl 15 times in a row with no response.

The video was him really just trying to show off to the ladiessss.

"Come here girl, let me take you out scamming tonight"
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

The five game pack this year is extremely disappointing, it’s not the game of the month anymore as they left out three of the best home games with Alabama, Davidson, and Dayton all not included.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

CT Rhody wrote: 4 years ago The five game pack this year is extremely disappointing, it’s not the game of the month anymore as they left out three of the best home games with Alabama, Davidson, and Dayton all not included.
But the 3 game pack, you can pick any 3 games you want, excluding the PC game. So, you could get Alabama, Davidson and Dayton with that pack.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Has anybody got a call yet about mini-plans to pick seats?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

CT Rhody wrote: 4 years ago The five game pack this year is extremely disappointing, it’s not the game of the month anymore as they left out three of the best home games with Alabama, Davidson, and Dayton all not included.
So PC, VCU & W Kentucky aren’t three of the best home games?
PC is the best game hands down and VCU is the top team in the A10.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
Agree 83. You get the PC game then VCU and Western Kentucky? That’s 3 great home games. St Louis on March 1st is at 2pm Sunday afternoon on ESPNU. Seems like an attractive package to me and should sell out the packages.

12/6 - PC
12/21 - Western KY
1/18 - La Salle
1/31 - VCU
3/1 - St. Louis
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
83, my point was in the past they would put their top 4 or all 5 games in the pack. This year they clearly have 5-6 high level home games and only put 2-3 in the 5 game pack. Agreed that PC and VCU are the best two games.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

I don’t remember putting all 5 of their best games in the mini plan- why would they do that? The smart thing to do it put a game or 2 in which a big crowd is not expected and drawing fans to those games by including them in the plan.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Don’t remember the best games all being grouped into a 5-pack or even a 3-pack
I don’t even understand the logic
Sell the PC Game as the big attraction and then group some less attractive games with it, such as games when school is not in session and lesser quality opponents.
Grouping 4-5 of the best games together will tend to piss off the loyal URI season ticket holders and excite the StuBHub gurus who can get the PC game on the cheap plus be able to get rid of the other 4 games at break even or a profit
Marketing 101 - don’t give away at a cheap price the games most likely to sell out anyway. PC certainly does not group big games with the URI game when they host it.
If we were grouping top 4-5 games together in MiniPacks in the past I’d like to hear examples of the teams grouped.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

My experience with the 5 game pack was they put in 3 of their top games. Two years ago they offered two 5 game packs with different games. They also use to have a 3 game pack with at least 2 specific games. Now they let you pick all three games. You could pick Alabama, Davidson and Dayton.

They never put 5 top games in the 5 game pack. It would be a major negative to season tickets.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Looked up 2017-18 Mini Plans
5 game plan
PC or Dayton
College of Charleston
G Mason
Bonnies
Davidson

3 game plan
Duquesne
Dayton
Game of your choice other than PC
https://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl ... 0926zd7h0u

Last year’s 5 game plan included Middle Tenn and Mason. Not sure of the other games.
0 x
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EasyEdBrown »

It was Middle Tennessee, Mason, Dayton, UMass, and either Davidson or Saint Louis.
1 x
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Finally put my money where my mouth is. Bought 5 game package. Love that they're all weekend games so I can make the trip up from NY. Sec 311 here we go!
4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago Finally put my money where my mouth is. Bought 5 game package. Love that they're all weekend games so I can make the trip up from NY. Sec 311 here we go!
I didn't think that mini-plans were on sale yet.
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

According to the site, mini plans go on sale Friday
0 x
OhioRam32
Abdul Fox

Unread post by OhioRam32 »

Anyone know when single game tickets become available?
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

OhioRam32 wrote: 4 years ago Anyone know when single game tickets become available?
Don't know exact date, but usually sometime in Oct
2 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Also, I guess we'll find out Friday but below seems confusing in regards to the exhibition w/RIC for the 3 game mini plans...

CLICK HERE TO ORDER OR CALL 401-874-7267 TO SPEAK WITH A TICKET REPRESENTATIVE!

ALL ORDERS RECEIVED BY OCTOBER 18TH WILL RECEIVE A FREE TICKET FOR THE OCTOBER 26TH EXHIBITION AGAINST RHODE ISLAND COLLEGE

PLEASE NOTE: SEATING MAY BE LIMITED IN CERTAIN PRICE LEVELS DUE TO HIGH DEMAND.

2019-20 RHODE ISLAND MEN’S BASKETBALL MINI PLANS

5 Game Plan includes:
Friday, December 6 vs. Providence
Saturday, December 21 vs. Western Kentucky
Saturday, January 18 vs. LaSalle
Friday, January 31 vs. VCU
Sunday, March 1 vs. Saint Louis

3 Game Plan includes:
Any three games on the home schedule EXCEPT Rhode Island College (Oct 26) and Providence College (Dec 6)

So if we buy before Oct 18th for a 3 game plan, we get a free ticket for the RIC game, but the 3 Game plan calls out RIC as an exception haha. Maybe I'm confusing myself
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yeah, so it sounds like the RIC game can not be selected as part of the 3 game plan. But, if you place any order for any plan before Oct 18th, it includes a free ticket to the RIC game.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

They are just trying to give you a heads about test RIC is an exhibition game and you shouldn’t select is as part of the 3 game plan.
Most likely RIC game will $10 general admission if you don’t get a ticket as a season ticket holder or a mini plan holder.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Email sent out that mini plans are on sale to the general public. Buy the 5 game plan to lock out those PC fans.
The 5 game plan starts at $90 and the 3 game plan starts at $39.

https://www.gorhody.com/tickets/men-s_b ... /mini_plan
0 x