David Cox Coach's Show

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: David Cox Coach's Show

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Maybe they could have one down here in Florida.

A guy can dream.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

The best thing Dave said last night was when he talked about his own accountability for the Bonnie’s loss.

Said that he was exhausted and he took it as a learning point for how he can get better for the run next year.

I very much understand why these kids love playing for Dave and I’m extremely excited about next year already.
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

Beyond being a nice man to be around, he is refreshingly humble.............
4 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

CTRamfan wrote: 5 years ago Beyond being a nice man to be around, he is refreshingly humble.............

And very smart!

I have no doubt he will grown into an excellent coach.

His honesty will carry him far.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......was there one more scheduled for June?.......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago .......was there one more scheduled for June?.......
I did a ctrl+F to find what I had posted last year about the show that was at Coast Guard House. That one looked like it was mid-June (18th). I had heard that the next show will also be there and will be there this month. No announcement yet, but will make every effort to go.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
section(105) wrote: 4 years ago .......was there one more scheduled for June?.......
I did a ctrl+F to find what I had posted last year about the show that was at Coast Guard House. That one looked like it was mid-June (18th). I had heard that the next show will also be there and will be there this month. No announcement yet, but will make every effort to go.
Guessing they will wait until things are cleared up on the coaching front. Hopefully at least one new Assistant is announced by June 18th.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
Guessing they will wait until things are cleared up on the coaching front. Hopefully at least one new Assistant is announced by June 18th.
Agreed and the show announcement usually comes up a few days prior so possibly sometime late next week. At least the questions are from Steve and Don and aren’t questions from some of us here 😂
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

You mean softball questions.
I wish Chris DiSanto did the show (we can all dream) 😄
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Softball questions are what these shows are for! I go for the scene and a few Tito’s and sodas. 👌🏼
3 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago

Agreed and the show announcement usually comes up a few days prior so possibly sometime late next week. At least the questions are from Steve and Don and aren’t questions from some of us here 😂
I’m guessing they will be having no coaches show this summer.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Probably not now
0 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Cameron_Dollar »

There will be a Summer Coach's Show for Corporate Sponsors and Premiere Donors. It will take place Tuesday, July 30th at the Coast Guard House. The staff will be in place and both coaches will have an opportunity to address the crowd. It will be a very high end event and the hope is to raise some serious money and retain and attract new sponsors.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Everything Rhody Athletics is always very high end to me.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 4 years ago There will be a Summer Coach's Show for Corporate Sponsors and Premiere Donors. It will take place Tuesday, July 30th at the Coast Guard House. The staff will be in place and both coaches will have an opportunity to address the crowd. It will be a very high end event and the hope is to raise some serious money and retain and attract new sponsors.
It doesn’t look like both coaches will be in place officially. Due to the legal/Human Resources sensitivity of replacing Carroll along the timeline published today, I don’t see a second new assistant addressing the crowd. Everything will be by the book to avoid any legal action.
0 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

The both to which I was referring was Coach Cox and Coach Reiss. Obviously, with the recent turn of events, the assistant coaches will not be introduced.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 4 years ago The both to which I was referring was Coach Cox and Coach Reiss. Obviously, with the recent turn of events, the assistant coaches will not be introduced.
Misunderstood you.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I found out I am not special enough to go to the show on 7/30. 😂
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Who’s going?
0 x
rhodyrhodyrhody
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by rhodyrhodyrhody »

How did they send out invites? Email?
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I’m going
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Learfield Sports invited corporate sponsors and perhaps a few they are trying to sign on and the development office invited donors in the $1000,00 and up range. It is a two hour event (open bar) with the hopes of raising more money. Both coaches will address the gathering and discuss the upcoming season. There should be some perks for those that pony up. PC has events like this often and they are held at donor's homes and offices and they are usually $1000.00 the night of in addition to what is already given. This is the world of big time college sports.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Donor level was $100K or $10K?
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

If a donor is willing to donate $10k I don’t begrudge his being invited to exclusive events.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Nor, just curious what the # was Cameron_Dollar quoted.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

CamsRams wrote: 4 years ago Donor level was $100K or $10K?
Or 1,000.00? The comma usage isn't clear.

If I had $10k to throw around, I would certainly put it into Rhody MBB. However that's a reality I don't live in. Maybe someday.

I still say if I win Power Ball that practice facility wouldn't even be a question anymore.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

If I had $10k to throw around, I would certainly put it into Rhody MBB. However that's a reality I don't live in. Maybe someday.

I still say if I win Power Ball that practice facility wouldn't even be a question anymore.
The Taylor Swift Athletic Complex? 🤪
4 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago

The Taylor Swift Athletic Complex? 🤪

LMAO - maybe Vandelay Complex
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Let’s hope they broadcast the event on WHJJ
1 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

I was told today $1000.00 was the low end of the invites. But of course there are always exceptions,
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Maybe they could have a fundraiser for those who donate $100 or more...like at McDonald's or something lol......
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

It must not be 1000. Because we donate more than that and did not get an invite 😢
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago It must not be 1000. Because we donate more than that and did not get an invite 😢
You shouldn't take it personally...
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago It must not be 1000. Because we donate more than that and did not get an invite 😢
I know I did!
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
I’ll ask Casey’s or CharlieOs if we can have something there....
2 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

You can't have it both ways. Major college athletic programs rely heavily on donor and corporate support. The state budgeted money is not enough. For those that follow our Men's Soccer Team, Garret Eliot is on the verge of bringing them back to the glory days when he was one of our star players and Ed Bradley was the Head Coach. Back in the late 1990's Ed said he needed lights and new grandstands. This would enable him to recruit top players from Ma and CT whose parents could come down for the games; and place us in a position to host an NCAA Tournament game. Through a concerted effort of a few people and the generosity and tenacity of one individual, both projects came to fruition. Local recruits were now looking at URI and in 2000, URI hosted an NCAA game on a beautiful Sunday afternoon defeating Boston College 3-0. Last year the Men's Soccer Program played well enough to host a first round game but did not because there were neither dugouts nor a pressbox. They instead traveled to UCONN and lost. These major renovations will ultimately be supported by donors and sponsors. My point is, rather than chastise individuals that work for Learfield and the Office of Development, be thankful that there are those that step up and can be given a few perks. The harsh reality is that access comes at a very high price in today's world.
2 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Listen, pal, we're just joking around. I don't think anyone that wasn't invited is really holding some grudge against Athletics for it.
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago Listen, pal, we're just joking around. I don't think anyone that wasn't invited is really holding some grudge against Athletics for it.
Yeah, that was a whole lotta serious, cuz...well, summer...
2 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I dream of the day when the Ryan Center is sold out on season tickets and we can start paying seat licenses...I know a lot of folks who post here don't want to hear that.....it's what we should strive for as a basketball program....
2 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Ramulous wrote: 4 years ago I dream of the day when the Ryan Center is sold out on season tickets and we can start paying seat licenses...I know a lot of folks who post here don't want to hear that.....it's what we should strive for as a basketball program....
Longer term version of...I want other teams to want to try to get our coach...
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago Listen, pal, we're just joking around. I don't think anyone that wasn't invited is really holding some grudge against Athletics for it.
Omg exactly! Literally no one here chastised any specific individual and I’ve posted on this board long enough to know we don’t tend to take life too seriously (at least maybe 98% of us).
1 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Taylor,
Spare me the drama and Kyle, I'm not your pal. I am fully aware that I am not part of the inner sanctum on this forum, but I do try to bring forth accurate information when I know it to be true. I also know that no one will come to my defense on this but there is somewhat of a resentment when these types of events are held. I merely relayed a story of what can happen when all parties come together for the greater good. If you perceive my soccer story as anything but positive then you are allowing your negative feelings towards the messenger to to distort the message. Now let's say someone like TP had posted that story. The reaction would have been completely different. And for what it's worth, his father was one of the people to which I was referring in greatly assisting in this project and we proudly watched the entire game together along with John Vanner, another major asset. My point is if you don't write a check, it doesn't make you less of a fan, but don't begrudge those that do.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 4 years ago Taylor,
Spare me the drama and Kyle, I'm not your pal. I am fully aware that I am not part of the inner sanctum on this forum, but I do try to bring forth accurate information when I know it to be true. I also know that no one will come to my defense on this but there is somewhat of a resentment when these types of events are held. I merely relayed a story of what can happen when all parties come together for the greater good. If you perceive my soccer story as anything but positive then you are allowing your negative feelings towards the messenger to to distort the message. Now let's say someone like TP had posted that story. The reaction would have been completely different. And for what it's worth, his father was one of the people to which I was referring in greatly assisting in this project and we proudly watched the entire game together along with John Vanner, another major asset. My point is if you don't write a check, it doesn't make you less of a fan, but don't begrudge those that do.
Accurate information, hmmmm....aren't you the one who said that many would be transferring when Dan left?
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 4 years ago Taylor,
You could have gone for a perfect South Park reference...too bad.

The point was that we did write checks. Checks that were greater than your "accurate" threshold and didn't get the invite so we had a little bit of fun.

You're right, though. If TP wrote it, he would get a different response because he isn't as much of a dink on here as you.
2 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

And you called me pal. Well at least you've made my point. Discredit the message when you don't like messenger.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
Last edited by Taylor Swift 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

We are all Rhody fans.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I have known Cameron_Dollar for many, many years....he is a true asset to the University of Rhode Island..I am proud to call him my friend....

When he comes here with info he is usually spot on....disagree with him if you like....never question his loyalty...
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhodekill
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodekill »

Ramulous wrote: 4 years ago I have known Cameron_Dollar for many, many years....he is a true asset to the University of Rhode Island..I am proud to call him my friend....

When he comes here with info he is usually spot on....disagree with him if you like....never question his loyalty...
Agree 100%
0 x
"What happens next is going to be big and it's going to be beautiful "