‘20 MD Elijah Wood (Nebraska)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Slim
Steve Chubin

Re: ‘20 MD Elijah Wood (Rhode Island Commit)

Unread post by Slim »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Slim, you may THINK you know more, but you don’t. That’s neither here nor there, just stop shittin on the KID. Keyword... KID!

You don’t have to be high on him or even think he has potential, but you’ve gone beyond overboard....let’s be adults about this now.

If we resurgent the Balanc thread and started to continuously shit on him, you’d be up in arms, like he was your own child.
Say what you want about Matt or anybody else knock yourself out it’s all good. I’m talking basketball you can read more into.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago Ramster, as far as ratings go, I'm pretty sure that Cyril was ranked lower than both Layssard and Tertsea. And I don't think Jeff or Fatts were ranked very high either. The A10 has had a hard time attracting top 100 type players recently, even compared to 4 or 5 years ago.. It's more about potential and development with guys we recruit now. If the league has a resurgence in the near future (and it looks promising), maybe we can get a top 100 type player again.
Langevine played for St Patrick’s, Russell played for Imhotep, Dowtin played for St John’s College HS. All 3 started and were very key contributors to their teams.
All 3 of their teams spent time in the USA Today Top 25 during their Senior Years. All 3 teams got up into the Top 10 at some point.
All 3 teams played tough schedules and made multiple trips to Tournaments with high caliber teams participating.
All 3 of these players needed to be talented to not only start for their HS teams but to contribute significantly as well. I saw Russell and Dowtin live in HS
Players who play on poor teams, average or below competition, shorter and or slower teams, low level AAU, etc are much tougher to judge at present and for future ability to contribute. Players improve and mature at different levels as well. Some grow late like the Toppin brothers. Some grow early and level out. I remember Tomas Murphy was Top 30 ESPN his freshman and sophomore years and being called better than his two older brothers. Duke, Florida, ets were frequently mentioned. He dropped down to where he went to Northeastern and was an average Colonial League player.
It’s not an exact science and I think many of the tweeting “experts” either spend more time talking at games and don’t know what they should be looking for and/or just feed off each other wetting their pants to be the first to report anything. And they look at points scored with little knowledge of desire to judge defense ability. I’ve watched many of these guys at AAU Tournaments and they do a low amount of actual watching.
FWIW.
What do I know
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I just like seeing the news headline that we signed a 4* player, close to top 100. We've had so many busts recently, I'll take the headlines.
1 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Takoma vs BCC(Wood) highlights. Takoma was without there best player.

0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Slim wrote: 4 years ago Takoma vs BCC(Wood) highlights. Takoma was without there best player.

which one is wood?
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
Slim wrote: 4 years ago Takoma vs BCC(Wood) highlights. Takoma was without there best player.

which one is wood?
#3 blue
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Slim wrote: 4 years ago

which one is wood?
#3 blue
Since I only saw him in about 5 plays, tough to make anything out on that video.
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

which one is wood?
#3 blue
Since I only saw him in about 5 plays, tough to make anything out on that video.

Agreed. I was there last night so I saw the game, but agree highlights don’t show a lot. He does stand around lot in the video and watches on defense/rebounding. It’s always better to watch whole game
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

#3 blue

Agreed. I was there last night so I saw the game, but agree highlights don’t show a lot. He does stand around lot in the video and watches on defense/rebounding. It’s always better to watch whole game
poor coaching.
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

poor coaching.
His coach played at D1 Drake and has taken a team to the state semi finals few years ago. Most years they don’t have lot talent. Solid Coach IMO for the talent he has.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

poor coaching.
His coach played at D1 Drake and has taken a team to the state semi finals few years ago. Most years they don’t have lot talent. Solid Coach IMO for the talent he has.
Well, he does have one 4* player committed to URI, so there's that.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I'm surprised Cox hasn't hired Slim as our new assistant.
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

I've read this whole thread, no one claims the kid is coming in and taking over, not a single person states they think he will come here and be a "star."

ramster stop grouping dc with yourself and slim, you are the only two consistently harshing on the kid, dc like a fan is willing to see how it goes, he has his reservations but see's the good in the commitment. Why won't you answer my direct questions? you ignore the important questions and only post what backs your opinion....I'll repeat "If he's over-rated by 50-100 spots we still have an extremely capable A10 player filling a need and an early 4* commitment, why isn't that enough for you to be the least bit excited?"
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago I'm surprised Cox hasn't hired Slim as our new assistant.

I have no interest in being college coach. 10 more years God willing I can retire. Lol. College coaching dealing with 17-23 year olds and having to win is tough job.
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

poor coaching.
Well, he does have one 4* player committed to URI, so there's that.
You guys love that 4 star talk. Lol. Steph Curry, Kawhi, Siakam, Lillard, CJ all 2 star guys but guess it sounds good. We will see what happens.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

We do like the 4* talk, we also understand that rankings don't mean too much. We like the buzz it provides, the potential boost it provides vis a vis recruiting other recruits and we hold out hope the rankings in this case turn out to be accurate because we're freaking fans!!
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago We do like the 4* talk, we also understand that rankings don't mean too much. We like the buzz it provides, the potential boost it provides vis a vis recruiting other recruits and we hold out hope the rankings in this case turn out to be accurate because we're freaking fans!!

Got it. Lol. Enjoy
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago We do like the 4* talk, we also understand that rankings don't mean too much. We like the buzz it provides, the potential boost it provides vis a vis recruiting other recruits and we hold out hope the rankings in this case turn out to be accurate because we're freaking fans!!

Go it. Lol. Enjoy
keep harshing on HS juniors
lol
now i have the last word.
Enjoy
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Talking basketball is harassment now. Lol
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Slim wrote: 4 years ago Talking basketball is harassment now. Lol
I wrote HARSHING not harassing numb nut. Like a polite way of saying you're shitting all over this kids thread.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

In more positive news hearing DiSano will have an interview with Wood out in the next few days...maybe he will address the hate he is receiving on KB from slim and ramster 😉
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago
Slim wrote: 4 years ago Talking basketball is harassment now. Lol
I wrote HARSHING not harassing numb nut. Like a polite way of saying you're shitting all over this kids thread.
Why you upset? Numb nut whatever that means. Lol
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago In more positive news hearing DiSano will have an interview with Wood out in the next few days...maybe he will address the hate he is receiving on KB from slim and ramster 😉
Hate?
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

I'm not upset, I wrote them in all caps so you would read the letters and sound them out. and the fact that you can't figure out what numb nut means, well, nuff said.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago I'm not upset, I wrote them in all caps so you would read the letters and sound them out. and the fact that you can't figure out what numb nut means, well, nuff said.

You do seem upset. It’s a basketball messageboard we are talking basketball. Then numb nut comes up whatever that is. Lol
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago In more positive news hearing DiSano will have an interview with Wood out in the next few days...maybe he will address the hate he is receiving on KB from slim and ramster 😉
Hate?
you really are a clueless magoo, BAR is weighing in on your side if anything. You see the winking face there, that means he's being a little sarcastic. I'm pretty sure he mean's I'm over-reacting by thinking the kids care about the KB board.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago
Hate?
you really are a clueless magoo, BAR is weighing in on your side if anything. You see the winking face there, that means he's being a little sarcastic. I'm pretty sure he mean's I'm over-reacting by thinking the kids care about the KB board.
Whatever you say let’s just talk basketball
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago I've read this whole thread, no one claims the kid is coming in and taking over, not a single person states they think he will come here and be a "star."

ramster stop grouping dc with yourself and slim, you are the only two consistently harshing on the kid, dc like a fan is willing to see how it goes, he has his reservations but see's the good in the commitment. Why won't you answer my direct questions? you ignore the important questions and only post what backs your opinion....I'll repeat "If he's over-rated by 50-100 spots we still have an extremely capable A10 player filling a need and an early 4* commitment, why isn't that enough for you to be the least bit excited?"
Yes sir - I will not mention DC anymore, orders received.

comment removed
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Realistically the team needs Wood to have impact on the 21-22 season. It’s a long time from now.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago 50 Spots would put him about 154, 100 spots would put him 204.
This is the useful kind of info that you just can’t get elsewhere folks. Make sure your subscriptions are paid up. I know I come here for the 2nd grade maths.
5 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

ramster you are so singular, you just love to dig in. This kid is a high school junior, we need him to make an impact when he is a college sophomore, if we don't mix in some shooters before then we're involved in a bigger conversation than this. So much remains unknown, he could fly, he could flop, he could do nothing more than fill a role, it doesn't change the fact that we landed a big, athletic, highly ranked combo guard early in the recruiting cycle, that is the specific thing I'm asking you to be excited about. The question I asked required you to suspend your belief Wood will be a total flop and to assume he would perform like he's ranked 210 instead of 110, would that be so bad? Is your faith in Cox really that bad? No chance Cox saw something in this kid slim hasn't? No chance Cox coaches him up?
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago The most polarizing 4* recruit in the modern Keaney Blue era, by far. And it just continues. I honestly see credence on both sides, the fans who want to hope for the best and let's be honest signing an early 4* is good for the program from PR and perception perspective, regardless if he lives up to the ranking...but I also don't have a huge issue with someone that has seen them play saying they are overrated, repeatedly. If you shun those 'insider' type voices then what is the use of a message board..i am all for blocking out trolls, whose sole reason to be here is to show up when times are bad and be provocative (ie GBG), but Slim is moreso a Wood doubter than a troll and this thread is a logical home for a lot of his POV.
It’s nice to get a guy who the staff seems to like locked up. On the other hand, in making the decision, they likely close the door on a bunch of other good players kind of early in the process. Best case scenario is your guy works out, and it doesn’t matter. It’s one of many reasons why I would be a terrible head coach- I could advocate for my guy like an assistant does, but I have no interest in being the final decision maker.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
ramster wrote: 4 years ago 50 Spots would put him about 154, 100 spots would put him 204.
This is the useful kind of info that you just can’t get elsewhere folks. Make sure your subscriptions are paid up. I know I come here for the 2nd grade maths.
Thanks TP,
Way to just take a statement out of contact ant try make someone look stupid. As you said, it’s why you come here.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago ramster you are so singular, you just love to dig in. This kid is a high school junior, we need him to make an impact when he is a college sophomore, if we don't mix in some shooters before then we're involved in a bigger conversation than this. So much remains unknown, he could fly, he could flop, he could do nothing more than fill a role, it doesn't change the fact that we landed a big, athletic, highly ranked combo guard early in the recruiting cycle, that is the specific thing I'm asking you to be excited about. The question I asked required you to suspend your belief Wood will be a total flop and to assume he would perform like he's ranked 210 instead of 110, would that be so bad? Is your faith in Cox really that bad? No chance Cox saw something in this kid slim hasn't? No chance Cox coaches him up?
nm
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
Thanks TP,
Way to just take a statement out of contact ant try make someone look stupid. As you said, it’s why you come here.
When addressing the very specific point of Wood being overrated by 50-100 spots, that quote is everything you said on that point. It is quite literally the exact opposite of "out of context."
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago
ramster wrote: 4 years ago

Thanks TP,
When addressing the very specific point of Wood being overrated by 50-100 spots, that quote is everything you said on that point. It is quite literally the exact opposite of "out of context."
I don’t get it. So what was the point? No idea then what either of you are talking about. I just know it made me feel like an idiot. Was it not supposed to?
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ramster - no harm intended. Just trying to make myself laugh. Sorry that you took it that way.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

This thread is bonkers, but I admit, at this point I can't even look away.
3 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

https://t.co/04aPcXTi18 New 2020 Rivals Rankings
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wood at 130 what was he before ???
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Wood at 130 what was he before ???
Freshman year he was rated really high has dropped every year for the most part. I believe he was top 100 before this Ranking
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Looks like he was 99 a year ago when this thread was started and dropped from 107 previously.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Expected when you don't play AAU. The rankings released today were updated on the Spring AAU season so obviously he was going to drop.
I not saying he is going to climb back into the top 100 but take a look at Bones Hyland who missed the AAU season between Jr & Sr year. He was a 3 star rated #319 going into his Sr High School season. His rating was changed to #76 recently (#60 by 247). The point being, if you miss AAU your rating will drop.
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago Expected when you don't play AAU. The rankings released today were updated on the Spring AAU season so obviously he was going to drop.
I not saying he is going to climb back into the top 100 but take a look at Bones Hyland who missed the AAU season between Jr & Sr year. He was a 3 star rated #319 going into his Sr High School season. His rating was changed to #76 recently (#60 by 247). The point being, if you miss AAU your rating will drop.
He played AAU this year and didn't play well, so didn't play anymore. That's pretty much what he always has done. He has never stood out in AAU. His rankings came early, so that's why he's still around but continues to drop. He seems to never play AAU in July.. Last year he started with Thrill but was done by May, and the year before started with Boo Williams, but bounced around. He hasn't done much in HS/AAU, but when your a 6'5 rising 9th grade with athleticism that's suppose to be PG you will attract attention nationally at camps and showcases. That's pretty much his story. We will see how he does at URI.. FYI, Bones is the real deal.. Him & ACE together Spell T-R-O-U-B-L-E
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Some good news
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

What was the tweet seemed to not load and possibly taken down?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Tweet from Elijah:
Today I learned I weigh 183lbs😂, beginning of the year I was struggling to keep up to 165🤦🏾‍♂️.. Work on your craft and God will answer your needs💯💪🏾
2 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Maret 70 BCC 40.

0 x