URI Day of Giving Match

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

URI Day of Giving Match

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Today is URI Day of Giving (4-25). Any donation you are going to make to Rhody Athletics you should do today.

A major donor has offered a 1 for 1 match on every individual donation to MBB up to $1,000 (for each donation).
There is also a competition amongst teams with the first place team (for both men and women) getting a $4,000 bonus.

Many of the other teams have a donor offering to match as well. Link in Tweet from Thorr below.

1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Re: URI Day of Giving Match

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody MBB needs 8 more donors of any $ amount to receive a $3,000 bonus. Go to urifoundation.org and make a $10 donation to help your team.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Link to make a donation. Even $10 could lead to $3,000 bonus for MBB.

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1638/03 ... code=DOG19
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

The URI Day of Giving was an overwhelming success and far exceeded what was accomplished last year. A total of $785,644 was raised from 2,158 donors for the 24 hour period - of that total URI Athletics got $291,000 including $25,181 raised for basketball.

Many schools hold similar events and as a benchmark I checked out what UConn results were. Their event actually covered 36 hours and 4,868 donors gave $408,642. Their basketball program raised $6,734. UConn usually exceeds UR in giving, but this is a case of the opposite.

This is just another example of how much progress has been made by the University under the leadership of David Dooley. Strong alumni support is a sign of a great institution. Kudos to everyone involved in this effort.
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Disappointed that MBB finished 5th in # of donors for Men’s sport teams with 55 donors. No bonus $ for MBB. Missed 3rd by 3 donors.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Disappointed that MBB finished 5th in # of donors for Men’s sport teams with 55 donors. No bonus $ for MBB. Missed 3rd by 3 donors.
It's all good. The MBB program is bringing in $500k a year for the next 5 years from NCAAT revenue. Plus, the build out of the practice facility. Plus the increase in season ticket prices the last year.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

When I gave I just selected URI Rams Fund. Wish I knew there was a teams competition.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

After putting in the amount there was the option to select funds
I’m assuming the URI Fast Break Club was the Fund being referred to in the competition
Not seen any formal results of the distribution of contributions
Not seen who the 4 were above the 5th place MBB
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I split my gift between Men's and Women's basketball and Football

I will make an additional gift to some other sports soon...nominal gifts just to show I care about the teams...
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Information and leaderboard can be found here: https://www.urifoundation.org/s/1638/03 ... &pgid=3116
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Disappointed that MBB finished 5th in # of donors for Men’s sport teams with 55 donors. No bonus $ for MBB. Missed 3rd by 3 donors.
I view this a different way. Basketball already receives extra money, the smaller sports can probably make better use of the bonus money
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I think other programs do better with this drive because other athletic programs have larger alumni groups that also have stronger loyalty ties. This is especially true with football which has far more players on its roster and consequently produces substantially more alumni.
1 x