3/15 | VCU | 12:00PM (NBCSN) | A10 Quarterfinals

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: 3/15 | VCU | 12:00PM (NBCSN) | A10 Quarterfinals

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago I can’t help but notice it’s been about three weeks since some of my “favorite” posters have shown up around here. Wonder how those guys are doing? Hope they’re enjoying themselves.
Mr. Cut Bait aka Mr Thing BIG DO WE is still here. Most fairweather of them all...

I find it humorous between this board and twitter the uptick of “yayyy team!!!” from the same crowd a month ago who said Fatts belonged in D2 and that David should never be a HC... 😂 I never left. Thanks for joining us at the table.
10 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 5 years ago
Da_Process_Survivor wrote: 5 years ago
RF1 wrote: 5 years ago For a fan base that talks a lot of smack (with it often backed up on the court), the VCU fans do surprisingly seem a bit over sensitive when they lose.
Honestly, they're worse than Friar fans
Ummm, no. Yes, they’re bad, but they haven’t shown the opposite of class for decades as have the Fryuh Faih-weathah Faithful.

Oh 100% agreed
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago I can’t help but notice it’s been about three weeks since some of my “favorite” posters have shown up around here. Wonder how those guys are doing? Hope they’re enjoying themselves.
Always notice who is quiet when times are good, those are the useless people that bring nothing to the table. This is a fan forum; not a haters forum. Be gone trolls.
4 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Dino611 wrote: 5 years ago

Someone please go to page 44 or 45 on the VCU forum about the game and tell these idiots the coach said it says a lot about “The CULTURE of our program”.

Fucking illerate d-bags.
45 PAGES ??? Man it’s only 8-10 for this board when we lose but talk about a load of salty fans
IIRC, their board has fewer posts per page than ours, so it’s not a 1:1 comparison. Also, they lost to the eighth seed, who they beat by 34 points a few weeks ago, who has now knocked them out of the tournament 3 years in a row...so safe to say they’ve been quite busy setting themselves on fire. We’ve seen what that does to post counts on this board.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by the_one_mike »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago
Mr. Cut Bait aka Mr Thing BIG DO WE is still here. Most fairweather of them all...

I find it humorous between this board and twitter the uptick of “yayyy team!!!” from the same crowd a month ago who said Fatts belonged in D2 and that David should never be a HC... 😂 I never left. Thanks for joining us at the table.
Can I just join you guys in this moment? Onward and upward, Rhody. Haters gonna hate.

The furthest I went was to say Fatts should be seeing 20-25 minutes off the bench until he earns his starting role back. Outside his NPOW performance, I'm sticking with that assessment................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to see him, and the team with their heads on straight. We're on to St. Bonaventure.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Uploading/Processing for another few hours but the game replay will be here in the morning:

9 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

VCU's streak bookended with loses to RHODY! Love it!
This game was very well coached by DC. He deserves props.
3 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Mark Macon wrote: 5 years ago
rhodyrudder wrote: 5 years ago
Rhodyram wrote: 5 years ago

I need to see/hear this
Channel 10 will NEVER show that
Or if they do it will be to show that our guys are disrespectful of their star
Carpano is a PC hack. Works for PC, Hosts the PC Coach's show, sucks up to every PC coach possible. Never shows in Kingston UNLESS PC is playing there or it has to be a really BIG URI game. 35 minutes from Cranston studio is just too far.

Incessant faux enthusiasm from Fryuh Frank. He acts like everything that program does is the equivalent of splitting the atom. And where is PC tonight....?😂
Last edited by Taylor Swift 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago
Dino611 wrote: 5 years ago

Someone please go to page 44 or 45 on the VCU forum about the game and tell these idiots the coach said it says a lot about “The CULTURE of our program”.

Fucking illerate d-bags.
45 PAGES ??? Man it’s only 8-10 for this board when we lose but talk about a load of salty fans
IIRC, their board has fewer posts per page than ours, so it’s not a 1:1 comparison. Also, they lost to the eighth seed, who they beat by 34 points a few weeks ago, who has now knocked them out of the tournament 3 years in a row...so safe to say they’ve been quite busy setting themselves on fire. We’ve seen what that does to post counts on this board.
This, plus there were more than a few posters with voices of reason - at least on the pages I saw. Every board has its chuckleheads and I'm sure big losses like today bring them out. Their style is a little different than ours - when we get beat, we turn inwards - the less stable people here sort of implode with self loathing and masochistic gnashing of teeth. Classic Rhody. The hysterical contingent among VCU's fans seem to be more outwardly focused, coming up with conspiracies, finding ways to project malice and villainy onto their vanquishers. Same shit, different toilet. I'm sure most A10 fans would enjoy hanging out for the 99% of the year they're not playing each other.
4 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

I think your take is as equally as funny. Any knowledgeable b-ball fan knows they had astromical bad numbers earlier in the season. Glad it has averaged out but it’s equally as hilarious people who come on and want to call us out. I have always supported everyone on this team. When you’re last place shooting 3’s in the country it is not exactly out of line. Glad they all have turned it around. But don’t pretend anything was unjustified. Happy for fatts and all of them. Let’s win this thing
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

15 Year Lurker wrote: 5 years ago

I think your take is as equally as funny. Any knowledgeable b-ball fan knows they had astromical bad numbers earlier in the season. Glad it has averaged out but it’s equally as hilarious people who come on and want to call us out. I have always supported everyone on this team. When you’re last place shooting 3’s in the country it is not exactly out of line. Glad they all have turned it around. But don’t pretend anything was unjustified. Happy for fatts and all of them. Let’s win this thing
No offense, but that’s an excuse. Even the optimists could see it was just a phase. We saw the glimpses and chose to stay on the side of optimism instead of combustion. My motto all along is it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon. I’m certainly happy to be on the right side...CT said it today in the post game, this was something they had to go thru to bring them all closer together. Necessary evils can be a bitch.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I haven’t had a chance to get through every post because 48 hours of magners and margs will do that to you, but the most underrate MVP of this game might have been Omar.

Losing Fatts against Havoc - with or without Evans - is nearly a death sentence. Jeff even talked about needing fatts to help break the press.

For a kid who imo didn’t get enough burn this year - and more importantly never seemed to be trusted as a ball handler - his 8 turnover free minutes against a great defense won us this game.

Plus, him playing that well allowed Cox to wait longer on bringing Fatts back in, giving him more rest and allowing fatts to be the freshest starter on both teams going into today.

Just a huge game for the freshmen all around.
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Hey lurker, stats don't paint a picture, giving up on your team does, you did, players and coaches didn't. Just admit. You're justifying instead of admitting. Just say the words..."I was wrong."
3 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Hey I was wrong too...not the first time and won't be the last I'm sure....

but this time I sure don't mind being wrong!

Like Blue Man just said, no matter what happens from here, there's a lot to look forward to.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

15 Year Lurker wrote: 5 years ago

I knew it would turn around. Enjoy the game!!!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I didnt agree with ECR’s unhinged “CUT BAIT” campaign while it was happening, but I certainly understood his frustration. I also don’t think anyone can accuse the people who lost their minds during that rough stretch of not being fans. If anything, maybe they are a little too emotionally invested. My beef is 100% with the posters who just helicopter in at the lowest points of every season, year after year, essentially to taunt the fans that are here every game, every day, over the summer, etc., and try to pour salt in their wounds. Give me ECR everyday over those assholes. Whether you agree with every ECR post or not, at least he is here wearing it on his sleeve.
4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

A tradition unlike any others.... URI beating VCU in the A10 tournament 😜
3 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

Running Ram wrote: 5 years ago Hey lurker, stats don't paint a picture, giving up on your team does, you did, players and coaches didn't. Just admit. You're justifying instead of admitting. Just say the words..."I was wrong."
I never gave up on them. In fact I said after their two blowout losses it was either going to be a new season or they’d give up. Glad it was a new season.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 5 years ago
No Ace, either, though! Ace, where are you?
I’m here! I decided to take a bit of a break from on-line activity, and there’s too much craziness here. Then they started winning and I got superstitious. I’ve long been annoyed by VCU fans. Glad to see so many catching up and joining me... feels good.
Last edited by ace 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
6 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Welcome back Ace. You were missed!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

VCU is nationally ranked once again. #13 for Most Obnoxious Fans in College Basketball.

The 16 Most Obnoxious Fans in College Basketball
https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment ... tball-fans
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago VCU is nationally ranked once again. #13 for Most Obnoxious Fans in College Basketball.

They definitely make their presence known. The first time we went to the A10T a few years back and saw them all there...was a what the heck moment. But, if you're going to beat someone on a neutral floor - might as well do it with a chitload of their fans on hand.
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago VCU is nationally ranked once again. #13 for Most Obnoxious Fans in College Basketball.

The Duke entry is world-class funny.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

I mean, can you blame them for having a chip on their shoulder?

We complain about the Ryan Center, but it's the Taj Mahal compared to the Siegel Center.

Imagine the complaints we'd have if we played in what looks like some bleachers thrown into an airplane hanger. No soul, no features, just a big white box with stands in it.
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---