NPOW FATTS!!!!

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

NPOW FATTS!!!!

Unread post by Running Ram »

Just how many national players of the week has Rhody had?

So where's the love??!?

The Kid is special and those that gave up on him should go to confession. And I don't want to read about how each of you justifies your lack of faith, cut with the "can you blame us" crap, cos' yeah I can. Ye of little faith eat crow.

Fatts daggered Martelli with one of the most amazing individual performances and no outpouring of love from the keaneyblue faith? Then he follows up with a 27 and helps salt away a second round entry into the tournament and still no love...gets recognized by national press and the NCAA as the best player last week in all of college division one basketball (as a sophomore none the less) and I am starting his thread a day later?

I count myself lucky that Fatts represents the basketball program that I love.
10 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Mongo
ARD

Re: NPOW FATTS!!!!

Unread post by Mongo »

One of the best weeks for a Rhody player I’ve ever witnessed.
3 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Mongo wrote: 5 years ago One of the best weeks for a Rhody player I’ve ever witnessed.
Ditto
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Thanks for posting this, because I had no idea. As you can see from my avatar and signature tag, I am -- and always have been -- a fan of our Philly Phlash. :P
3 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

I mean it's cool that people got frustrated, some folks are always going to react like that, but now that Fatts got his swagger back people should be on here like "my bad," and "won't doubt him again" etc. etc. National player of the week is a really special honor.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

We all were more than justified critizing his play for most of the season.

Awful shot selection, turnovers, 18% from three, continued free lance, ignored coaches orders at the end of Harvard game.

All the criticism was justified.

Obviously he has now turned the corner and figured it out for one reason or another and has played incredible the last month, not a coincidence we’re playing our best when he has been at his best.

Hopefully he stays hot this weekend.
3 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Never been so happy to be proven wrong.

Hurley said Fatts would average 20 a game in the A10 this year. I’m sure he and most of us were mystified with how most of the year went.

We will go as far as Fatts takes us this weekend.

Carrying this performance through this weekend will cement Fatts as a lower college road legend.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Blue Man wrote: 5 years ago Never been so happy to be proven wrong.

Hurley said Fatts would average 20 a game in the A10 this year. I’m sure he and most of us were mystified with how most of the year went.

We will go as far as Fatts takes us this weekend.

Carrying this performance through this weekend will cement Fatts as a lower college road legend.
Coach Hurley's exact words were that Fatts would be the A-10 scoring leader. He didn't specify a year, but he loved him as much as I do.
3 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

Fatts has that confidence and killer instinct that Hurley likes in his players
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

That's why DH wanted Fatts to come to UConn....

Up until 4 games ago, we were OK with that...now, no way.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago That's why DH wanted Fatts to come to UConn....

no doomy, you were ok with that, not we! We understood we need Fatts, his ability to handle the ball as a guard is needed even when he's having an off game.
6 x
Go Rhody!!!
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Honest question: Does anyone believe that there is still a chance Fatts would transfer, or has that ship pretty much sailed?

Hope he can keep it rolling starting today!
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

No. Best he excels and gets lots of pub in the A10 while driving the team back to the NCAA Tournament next two seasons.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

Running Ram wrote: 5 years ago I mean it's cool that people got frustrated, some folks are always going to react like that, but now that Fatts got his swagger back people should be on here like "my bad," and "won't doubt him again" etc. etc. National player of the week is a really special honor.
Ridiculous. There is not a coach in the country who wouldn’t have said anything differently than I said and I was hard on him. Glad it’s going in the other direction ab he has always been streaky. Hope it streaks in the good direction for awhile
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

RI_Bred wrote: 5 years ago Honest question: Does anyone believe that there is still a chance Fatts would transfer, or has that ship pretty much sailed?

Hope he can keep it rolling starting today!

I never thought he would consider leaving. Why would he? When he was playing poorly he was still getting minutes and shots. If that's the player he was, why would a more prestigious basketball school want him? And why would he want to transfer to a lesser school?

The only reasons I could see him transfer is if his minutes were cut or if he felt he was so good and his talents were being wasted here. Neither are the case.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

It's all about confidence with Fatts. The best example is the 3 pointer against Oklahoma last year. It might not have been the smartest idea to take that shot at the time, but it seemed he knew it was going in. When he's confident, all parts of his game raise a level, especially his shooting.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago That's why DH wanted Fatts to come to UConn....

Haha yeah, easy on the "WE" there rambone! :lol:
4 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I can't believe this Fatts transfer stuff is still being justified

Dumbest thing ever suggested on these forums

Really really dumb....
4 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!