2018-19 Prediction Contest Summary

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: 2018-19 Prediction Contest Summary

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

No doubt. I love Obie for doing this contest. I was really close in all 3 categories, but won none of them. It's always fun.
0 x
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bpaz11 »

Congrats to Rhody15 on winning this year. I lasted until 13 mins left in the game yesterday. The furthest I've ever made it. Hopefully one day I can hit it right. Thanks Obie for running this year after year. Makes it another fun thing to follow throughout the season. Now let's take Brooklyn by storm!!
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Thought I was had no shot when we were were 12-14.

Glad the team got hot at the right time!

(For both my prediction and momentum for the tournament :lol: )
1 x
Go Rhody
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

I will claim a share of the crown, but fully understand I didn’t get the 1 seed. Congrats Rhody15!
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I would be remiss if I didnt also take this opportunity to toot my own horn for calling the 16-14 (9-9).
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 years ago Thought I was had no shot when we were were 12-14.

Glad the team got hot at the right time!

(For both my prediction and momentum for the tournament :lol: )
Well played and congrats from the proud winner of the 17/18 contest. Enjoy the fruits of victory.

Continuing kudos to Obadiah for hosting this fabulous contest!

Go Rhody!
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

WAY too early prediction for next season....

Overall record 22-9
10-3 OOC
12-6 league

NCAA bubble team....but end up #3 seed NIT

Hope I'm wrong on the low end....
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Doooooooooooooom
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Nah. I thought it was a decent prediction, actually.

I really hope we can better it though. It's doable.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

It's tough to make a decent prediction when we don't know the full schedule. We could at least make an A10 prediction if we knew for sure which teams we were playing twice vs. once. If we assume the same A10 schedule, I'm going to say we split with SLU/Dayton/Davidson/VCU and sweep UMass (even though weird things happen at UMass). That's a 2 game improvement there. We lose at SBU, but win at GMU, wish is the opposite of this season and a wash. We win at GW, at Fordham, home vs. LaSalle, home vs. Richmond, home vs. SJU, home vs. Duquesne for a record of 13-5. A 4 game improvement. I probably will get one of the wins wrong (likely one of the VCU/SLU/Dayton/Davidson group, as any of those teams could sweep us or we could sweep them). Again, pure speculation since we don't know how are play twice teams are.

For current OOC opponents, Brown, PC, West Va, Fl GC, Mid Tenn, Alabama, and W Ky, the over optimist in me says 6-1 with the only loss being at W Va. However, it is more probably of a 5-2 in that group. Alabama is a good team (bubble this year), so they could beat us, as could Providence (sorry, but I will predict a win at the Ryan Center). Florida GC could be a challenge on the road. I would be surprised if they went 3-0 in this trio of games.

Counting the 4 games from the Jamaica tournament, they have 11 OOC games. I'm hoping they pick up another 2 or 3 games (I'm not sure what the limit is - I think someone mentioned the Jamaica is exempt). If they have 32 games (14 OOC), I'm hoping they go at least 10-4 in the OOC and 13-5 in the A10 for 23-9. Depending on the strength of schedule and who the losses are to, it should be enough gain an NCAA bid. Early season, I think the goal should be to make sure we somehow play LSU in the Jamaica tournament. Remember in 2017, beating Cincinnati was a great win, but it also got a Q1 game vs. Duke. The next season, beating Seton Hall got us a Q1 game vs. Virginia. (Before that we also won games in tournaments that got us to Maryland and Kansas). We didn't have any of those opportunities this year. We need them back in the coming years to bolster our OOC strength of schedule.

All that said, until we know the actual full schedule it's tough to make a reasonable prediction (and even with one, my predictions are typically unreasonable lol)...but it's still fun while we wait for next season.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Since Bone predicted I will go
19-12
8-5
11-7
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago Nah. I thought it was a decent prediction, actually.

I really hope we can better it though. It's doable.
Well I’d hope you’d think your own prediction is decent.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone look at their own future prediction, and go “well that’s shitty.”
0 x
Go Rhody
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I've done that with 4 of my wives.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yeah I wish I could predict that Ramulous…..lol

When I married for the 3rd time, people said well the 3rd time's the charm....

More like 3 strikes you're out......
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

NCAA or BUST!!!!!!
0 x