Why Do We Shoot So Many Threes? A thread.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Re: Why Do We Shoot So Many Threes? A thread.

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

For some reason it seems that when Fatts drives and shoots a layup he doesn’t seem to get many fouls called (and many times takes a God awful shot). It seems to me that they should be coaching him up on how to properly go to the hoop and draw a foul regardless if he makes the basket or not as opposed to throwing up crazy shots to try to make the basket and as a result, not drawl the foul.
0 x
Beachcomber
Frenchy Tomlin

Re: Why Do We Shoot So Many Threes? A thread.

Unread post by Beachcomber »

What is disconcerting to me about the horrific 3-point percentage is how they have missed. I don't think I've ever seen a team throw up more air balls or clanks or off-balance contested shots. I understand that you have to keep the other team honest, and completely giving up on taking threes, especially wide open ones, can work against you. That said, if you are throwing up air balls, or clanking 23 foot contested threes, then you need to stop. If something isn't working, you have two choices: get better at it, or stop doing it and focus on doing the things you are good at.

Cox needs to figure that out -- he needs to coach them, and require them, to do what they can do and stopping doing what they have amply demonstrated as a team they cannot do. Until then, to quote the immortal Clubber Lang, I have one prediction for Ram fans: pain.
0 x