1/23|VCU Rams|7:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: 1/23|VCU Rams|7:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by adam914 »

Had to watch on DVR tonight and avoid all contact with the outside world and just finished up. Pretty amazing second half. Seemed like everyone ended up contributing at some point. Fatts was great all night, and really have to give credit to the freshman. They all made some huge plays in that second half and never looked rattled, even if there were some mistakes mixed in there.

Great win, really our first win against a very good team this season, so hopefully something we can build on. The next 5 games all will be tough. 4-1 would be huge.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great win indeed

No let downs at UNass need that one
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I mean yeah we beat a top A10 team, and our freshmen are improving, and Cox has done a good job of reigning in our three point attemps, and Fatts is playing better, and all that is nice. But you're all missing the most important thing. We're back on the college basketball imperialism map baby!

Hint, look out west
5 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Love Coach Cox's sense of humor when describing Jermaine's yoooog bucket:

"I figured I’d clear it out and call a Jermaine Harris iso. Great call on my part.” He added, in seriousness, “They gave him some space. He’s a really good 15-foot and in shooter and he stepped into it and knocked it down. Huge shot.”
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago I mean yeah we beat a top A10 team, and our freshmen are improving, and Cox has done a good job of reigning in our three point attemps, and Fatts is playing better, and all that is nice. But you're all missing the most important thing. We're back on the college basketball imperialism map baby!

Hint, look out west
What does this mean RR2?
1 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Tyrese Martin = STUD
4 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 5 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago I mean yeah we beat a top A10 team, and our freshmen are improving, and Cox has done a good job of reigning in our three point attemps, and Fatts is playing better, and all that is nice. But you're all missing the most important thing. We're back on the college basketball imperialism map baby!

Hint, look out west
What does this mean RR2?
Every team starts off the season controlling the counties closest to their campus. Whenever you play and beat a team controlling land you take over that land. At the end of the season, the team that wins the championship should control the entire country, though there are scenarios with the Ivy League where that wouldn't be the case. Think of it like a game of Risk, but with the college basketball season as the moves
2 x
Vsmith48
Zach "1 and Done" Marbury

Unread post by Vsmith48 »

All that matters is the land
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Hint, look out west
I guess I don't know how this works. Why did URI gain land out west? We didn't play anyone out there? Or was it b/c that was VCU's land and our win took it from them?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Correct, VCU had that land, we beat them, their land belongs to us now
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

We essentially booted VCU from a tourney bid for now anyways, which hurts our conference, but I still would never place conference over team.
2 x
GO RAMS
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by the_one_mike »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago We essentially booted VCU from a tourney bid for now anyways, which hurts our conference, but I still would never place conference over team.
In my opinion, that reopened the door for us as much as it closed theirs. If we can beat UMass on the road and conference favorite St. Louis, we are back in the hunt. A lot of basketball left this year, if we can just win good things will happen.
4 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago We essentially booted VCU from a tourney bid for now anyways, which hurts our conference, but I still would never place conference over team.
no, we didnt.

losing on the road to URI is not a resume buster. If anything, them winning would've been a resume boost
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

the_one_mike wrote: 5 years ago
In my opinion, that reopened the door for us as much as it closed theirs. If we can beat UMass on the road and conference favorite St. Louis, we are back in the hunt. A lot of basketball left this year, if we can just win good things will happen.
I also forgot about Duquesne, who looks for real after last night. A loss on the road against them doesn’t look like a mark on our resume anymore but presents a huge opportunity to separate ourselves as an elite in the conference. Next 4 games are going to be a huge litmus test for who this team actually is... time to dig deep!!
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

DIG DEEP !
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

thoughts on last night's game

-Tyrese Martin is going to be a GREAT player here. I'm hard pressed to think of another URI player in recent history that has his size and athleticism. Yes, I know JT was a beast, but he didn't have Martin's hops. The kid can jump through the roof. He has shown the ability to make jumpers. Once he becomes consistent with that jumper...watch out...

-Give Cox credit where it is due. He has made adjustments and the team has responded. Tyrese to the starting line up made sense 10 games ago. And nice to see 3 point attempts way down the last 3 games. Defensive intensity also appears to be up over that time.

-I love all our guys, but I wouldn't be all that sad to see Christian Thompson's minutes cut to 10/game. Spread the remaining minutes out to Tate and Silverio. I think the charge CT took with 27 seconds left was his first contribution in 3 games. I cringe every time he touches the ball especially against that press last night. He is slow on D. And a terrible 3 point shooter. Not sure it is all injury related, but the kid was better as a freshman than at any other time in his career (I think Akele fit this mode as well).

-I'm not with those that think Harris is our best FT shooter. I still think Dowtin and Fatts are probably the best. Haven't looked, but perhaps statistically Harris has a better percentage, but if so, that has to be with far few attempts. I do like his touch though. It is great to see that we have a big man that will be able to knock them down with consistency. He also made perhaps the biggest shot of the night last night.

-Love Fatts' play the last three game. He has made an obvious attempt to curtail his 3 point gunning yet the scoring is still there. and I think it not so coincidentally has helped him up his defensive game. I don't see him hanging his head in discouragement anymore. It is amazing how he stops in midair when he drives to the hoop.

-Great to see Tyson Wheeler at the game last night. He and Garrick my two favorite Rams over the last 40 years.
7 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Agree with the call out on adjustments being made by DC and staff. I am very pleased with things we have seen in terms of strategic adjustments game to game, modifying Fatts approach, and personnel moves. All great signs. I will say that another finesse situation that Coach Cox will have to manage is the point in time where Jermaine and Cyril's roles basically switch. Jermaine becomes the guy we throw the ball into down low, and Cyril is more of a pick and roll, offensive rebounder, garbage pail type. Jermaine's offensive skill set will be far more dynamic and fluid than Cyril's, and Cyril really is better suited in a Ben Wallace type role. And while ultimately I think that is what is best for the team, and will eventually happen (either late this year or for next season) it will certainly be a situation that coach has to handle delicately.
4 x
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

Both can get their touches down low but we need to start working more inside out and post to post action while in the half cpurt. ISO post with the goal of giving guards space and watch everyone’s scoring increase.
1 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago Agree with the call out on adjustments being made by DC and staff. I am very pleased with things we have seen in terms of strategic adjustments game to game, modifying Fatts approach, and personnel moves. All great signs. I will say that another finesse situation that Coach Cox will have to manage is the point in time where Jermaine and Cyril's roles basically switch. Jermaine becomes the guy we throw the ball into down low, and Cyril is more of a pick and roll, offensive rebounder, garbage pail type. Jermaine's offensive skill set will be far more dynamic and fluid than Cyril's, and Cyril really is better suited in a Ben Wallace type role. And while ultimately I think that is what is best for the team, and will eventually happen (either late this year or for next season) it will certainly be a situation that coach has to handle delicately.

agree with this in principal bar. just not sure JH is strong enough at this point to do what Cyril does. conversely, sometimes cyril is too strong. Harris will definitely have a better all around offensive game in time. and like you said, Cyril is so good around the glass, he will still get his 12-14 pts every night.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

The best stat last night was Fatts’ three point attempts.

One.
2 x
Go Rhody
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 5 years ago thoughts on last night's game

-Tyrese Martin is going to be a GREAT player here. I'm hard pressed to think of another URI player in recent history that has his size and athleticism. Yes, I know JT was a beast, but he didn't have Martin's hops. The kid can jump through the roof. He has shown the ability to make jumpers. Once he becomes consistent with that jumper...watch out...

-Give Cox credit where it is due. He has made adjustments and the team has responded. Tyrese to the starting line up made sense 10 games ago. And nice to see 3 point attempts way down the last 3 games. Defensive intensity also appears to be up over that time.

-I love all our guys, but I wouldn't be all that sad to see Christian Thompson's minutes cut to 10/game. Spread the remaining minutes out to Tate and Silverio. I think the charge CT took with 27 seconds left was his first contribution in 3 games. I cringe every time he touches the ball especially against that press last night. He is slow on D. And a terrible 3 point shooter. Not sure it is all injury related, but the kid was better as a freshman than at any other time in his career (I think Akele fit this mode as well).

-I'm not with those that think Harris is our best FT shooter. I still think Dowtin and Fatts are probably the best. Haven't looked, but perhaps statistically Harris has a better percentage, but if so, that has to be with far few attempts. I do like his touch though. It is great to see that we have a big man that will be able to knock them down with consistency. He also made perhaps the biggest shot of the night last night.

-Love Fatts' play the last three game. He has made an obvious attempt to curtail his 3 point gunning yet the scoring is still there. and I think it not so coincidentally has helped him up his defensive game. I don't see him hanging his head in discouragement anymore. It is amazing how he stops in midair when he drives to the hoop.

-Great to see Tyson Wheeler at the game last night. He and Garrick my two favorite Rams over the last 40 years.
Definitely agree that Thompson's minutes should be reduced. He contributes very little when compared to the amount of time he plays every game. And maybe I'm wrong, but he appears to be disinterested a lot of the time. Tate should be absorbing the bulk of his minutes.

I also think Martin is going to be a stud for URI. Love his skill set, and he plays with a bit of swagger. Flexing after that big bucket late in the second half got the crowd fired up. Very excited to see him blossom over the next few years alongside Harris and Tate, who are both starting to find their groove by the way. Harris's turnaround jumper with 30 seconds left in regulation was enormous. And Tate seems to be that prototypical lunch pail player that every team needs. Hard-nosed and gritty. He'll never be flashy, but he'll make the most of his minutes.
3 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 years ago The best stat last night was Fatts’ three point attempts.

One.
I must be losing my mind, because I could've sworn that he had missed a 3 pointer last night and was 1-2 - but I looked at the stats and apparently he did only take the lone three-pointer.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 years ago The best stat last night was Fatts’ three point attempts.

One.
It has been the big difference since the George Mason game. Both Fatts and the team as a whole have cut down on three point attempts in the subsequent three games (which probably not coincidentally were all wins). It has helped individual players as well as the team.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Great second half last night. There were good signs from the three freshman Harris, Martin and Tate. I thought Fatts outside of a couple decisions played a great game compared to what he was doing earlier in the year. He is penetrating and driving to the hole and only taking three pointers when the right situation arises. Thompson had a nice rebound in the second half and the charge, but other than that I am holding my breath every time he touches the balk. I think this will be his last season with URI. He just doesn’t have the mindset to want to improve or to want to be here. I think 30+ minutes was a record for Harris without a foul. I think the only negative which we can’t do much about is the shooting. VCU looks like they have the same problem. Many rock fights in the A-10. I really like the progress that Tate and Martin have made. Maybe they can incorporate Silverio’s shooting in situations where they can hide his defensive problems.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Shaolin Swat wrote: 5 years ago

One.
I must be losing my mind, because I could've sworn that he had missed a 3 pointer last night and was 1-2 - but I looked at the stats and apparently he did only take the lone three-pointer.
I also thought he took another one as well, but it must have been just an inch inside the line.
1 x
Go Rhody
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago

One.
It has been the big difference since the George Mason game. Both Fatts and the team as a whole have cut down on three point attempts in the subsequent three games (which probably not coincidentally were all wins). It has helped individual players as well as the team.
Glad that there has been immediate payoff. When you ask someone to make an adjustment to what they’re doing, the longer you go without seeing results the less likely they are stuck with it. Conversely, it seems that this change has worked so well that hopefully it not only gets the players to stay with it but also increases the coaching staff’s credibility when they ask for buy-in on something else in the future.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

One.
Definite adjustment in his play, at one point in the second half he passed up an open 3 took a few steps in to the side of the foul line and calmly made a mid range J. More of that please !
2 x
Clapton is God
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

I think VCU was expecting a lot more out of Marcus Evans when the year started. He was an excellent scorer at Rice and they landed him over some blue blood programs (Kansas, among others) when he hit the transfer market. They have a similar team to us in many ways - struggle to score, mix it up defensively, and have long athletes that are interchangeable in a "positionless" basketball world.

I keep thinking back to the A10 as a whole and I wouldn't trade our spot with anyone. Travis Ford, and to an extent Anthony Grant, both have the talent, but aren't doing too much with it. Davidson is always going to be upper half of the league, but I'm not sure McKillop's recruiting will ever get them to the point of being a 7-9 seed by way of at-large bid. St. Joe's is a mess and appears to be a few years away from a Martelli retirement/forced resignation. Duquesne is Duquesne and although they show promise I'd imagine Dambrot is gone the second they sniff the NCAA tournament. George Mason is an unknown, but until they actually make the NCAA tournament I don't see them as a regular threat as a top 5 contender. Bonas is down and will be until their freshmen (Osun and Lofton) become upperclassmen. Etc. Etc.

I see the league as VCU and URI as the only real sustainable models given their coaches and programs and although I'm biased right now I think URI has the edge.

A 2020 stud Point Guard has to be on top of the wish list.
3 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I think Thompson looks disinterested, too. And he has let Martin know that when the two of them are in the game, he will take the low position on foul shots, which is ridiculous.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I hope Langevine/Harris doesn't become an EC/JT thing.

Harris's seemingly natural stroke doesn't need to be pushed at the expense of Cyril's nearly 14/10 a night. If they play off of each other :o :o .
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Someone may have already posted this but I read on a recruiting thred that Thompson made a difference and they mentioned the charge and bounce pass for an assist late. He did have one other charge call earlier but that was really it. He had no points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist & 2 turnovers in 24 minutes. He made a horrible pass against the press and then didn’t jump to the ball on the inbounds pass from Jeff that led to a steal and layup late. I think Cox didn’t want to put Dana in a position late where he might fail against the press when VCU was making a run. Eventually Dana will be ready for that (probably this year). Tyrese is ready for it now and was in there. Having a Fr make a costly mistake (that leads to a loss) can set him back. It’s all about development at the right pace.
3 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

CT was close to what would have been a very nice one-handed putback dunk, but na he missed.
2 x
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago CT was close to what would have been a very nice one-handed putback dunk, but na he missed.
I just wished he put the ball in the basket for the 2 points ;)

Thompson does need to play because Rhody is down to a 7 man rotation. Dana and Harris can’t play 30 minutes. You can see their games slip a little if there on the floor too long.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

2 main things stick out for me about this game: 1) the "top tier" of the A10 is not that good and anyone can win Brooklyn 2) we are going to be a very good team.

Cox was asked by Bill Koch about the "culture" and how it contributed to a win like this - and he couldn't have been more right.

Pre-Hurley or Early-Hurley - this is a game we lose. Young team, big lead late, tough pressure, bad calls, gap closes - and then we blow it.

This team fought through all of that. They made their free throws down the stretch. They got stops when they needed to. Made HUGE shots when they needed to. Even Christion Thompson got into the "winning plays" column with the charge he took.

This team is led by guys with the experience and expectation to win games and to close them out. Jeff, Cyril, Fatts, and CT all have 2 or 3 years of experience watching and seeing what it takes and what is needed to finish games and get wins. Even the bench mob has been indoctrinated into the culture of winning. Essentially all of that is why I'll never hate Hurley because it's a heavy lift to get a team to buy into that, but if it's done right it will last much longer than just one class of students.

Being able to watch Martin make big plays all over the place was just exciting. I won't repeat everything that everyone else said, but this kid is a STUD. Just goes to show that recruit rankings don't mean anything outside the top 25.

Tate made veteran decisions, including the play where he passed up a 3 after having a tough night, got into the lane, made a high percentage shot in traffic (was also fouled and it wasn't called), and ate up the full 30 second clock at a time when we really needed to.

Harris hit a huge shot and I think he's finally starting to feel himself more. Still looks like he has a long way to go in terms of his physicality - but he's a freshman big and I think it's unfair to expect anything resembling a college level post game before mid-sophomore year.

In front of that crowd last night, this win will help bigger crowds follow. Hopefully we take care of UMass handily on Sunday and keep the train rolling.
11 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Section104 wrote: 5 years ago I think VCU was expecting a lot more out of Marcus Evans when the year started. He was an excellent scorer at Rice and they landed him over some blue blood programs (Kansas, among others) when he hit the transfer market. They have a similar team to us in many ways - struggle to score, mix it up defensively, and have long athletes that are interchangeable in a "positionless" basketball world.

I keep thinking back to the A10 as a whole and I wouldn't trade our spot with anyone. Travis Ford, and to an extent Anthony Grant, both have the talent, but aren't doing too much with it. Davidson is always going to be upper half of the league, but I'm not sure McKillop's recruiting will ever get them to the point of being a 7-9 seed by way of at-large bid. St. Joe's is a mess and appears to be a few years away from a Martelli retirement/forced resignation. Duquesne is Duquesne and although they show promise I'd imagine Dambrot is gone the second they sniff the NCAA tournament. George Mason is an unknown, but until they actually make the NCAA tournament I don't see them as a regular threat as a top 5 contender. Bonas is down and will be until their freshmen (Osun and Lofton) become upperclassmen. Etc. Etc.

I see the league as VCU and URI as the only real sustainable models given their coaches and programs and although I'm biased right now I think URI has the edge.

A 2020 stud Point Guard has to be on top of the wish list.
We are in the mix for quite a few 2020 guards. We will land one maybe two. Stamp that.
5 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 5 years ago thoughts on last night's game

Tyrese Martin
I'd say Tyrese should have been in the starting line up from Game 1, and I said it preseason too, back in May, not just now.
Last Season one of the premier prep games had Cam Reddish versus Tyrese Martin. These two guys did not disappoint as Martin went for 31 points and Reddish for 32. Often they were going head to head. Martin's team won in Overtime 84-82. Reddish has started all 17 games this season for Duke. Reddish was #3 ESPN. NBADraft.net has Reddish going 7th in this years draft. Gives you an idea of the talent Martin got his 31 points playing against - head to head
Watch this 7+ minutes of highlights of Reddish versus Martin. You can also watch the entire game, can easily find it.
Martin was better than Thompson from Day 1, but Cox brought him along slowly and gave Thompson every possible chance to prove himself but now Martin should get more and more minutes, Thompson must get less and less.

Jermaine Harris Free Throw Shooting
- Harris has hit 30-39 FTs this season for 76.9% to lead the team
- Russell is 73-99 for 73.7%
- Dowtin is 52-69 for 75.4%

In High School last year Harris hit 159-198 for 80.3%
In the games that he took 10 or more FTs he hit:
- vs Lee (11-12)
- vs Olympic (12-14)
- vs Sanford (10-12)
- vs Capital Christian (11-11)
- vs National Christian (19-23) plus he had 22 rebounds and 35 points in a 74-64 victory - his best total production of the season for a single game
- vs Capital Christian (14-17)

The guy is money at the Free Throw line. Watch all of this 39 attempts that have included 9 misses, fact is that the misses are most all right on line with the hoop and most often hit the back rim - just a bit too strong. Most of his 30 makes hit nothing but net. He has excellent form, does not get nervous, has a nice release and a smooth follow through. It is not by luck he hit 80.3% in high school and he did that on a huge sample size of 198 FTs. He would be higher than 76.9% this year but he is just a freshman, and his minutes have been a bit sporadic so he does not keep the sweat going and the playing time maxed out yet as he did in High School. My bet would be that he is consistently over 80% his next 3 years here at URI and could push 90%.
Harris is also very capable with the 3 point shot. Even though he is 0-6 his shots have been right on and just rimmed out. He is an excellent shooter for a guy his size, and a guy any size for that matter. He is an immense talent who will continue to improve and be one of URI's best big men in history when all is said and done
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I have no problem if JH takes the technicals this guy can shoot FTs , he needs to get to the line as much as possible
2 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

so ramster...the %s are close and harris has the best on the team as i expected he may, but that fatts and jeff have taken significantly more shots. in amherst on sunday if we need two big fts at the end of the game i would still rather see fatts or dowtin on the line. that may change next year, but for now i'd prefer those two.

i said harris had a nice stroke and i'm certainly confident when he goes to the line. thanks for digging up the information, but i'm not sure how much relevance HS shooting percentages are to the college game...especially freshman year. these guys were all the best players on their teams in HS. the game was significantly slower for them and shooting fts is all about slowing your heart rate and adrenaline. that's why it is so difficult to practice and take them to the game. there is no way to create the same adrenaline and game pressure in practice easier done when you are one of, if not the best player on the floor. and i hope you're right. how great would it be to have a big that can knock them down at 80-90%. time will tell. he's on the right path.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I think RhodyRam86 that it is fantastic that we can even be having a conversation about a 6'8" Freshman Top 100 ESPN player at URI even being in the same conversation about two solid Point Guards who are good FT Shooters. Great that we can have Harris 77%, Russell 74% and Dowtin 75%. I agree with you at this point in time I would have Dowtin or Russell shoot Technicals but I would not be disappointed if Harris was the guy taking them either - which is saying a ton for a Freshman Big at Rhody.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

VCU Message Board is a very busy place
URI Game Thread is now 49 pages, 720 replies and 21,181 views
Picture1.png
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Waching the game again. With 11+ minutes left Rhody had 31 points. They scored 40 points in the last 11 minutes.

With 8 to go they put up a blurb that the last time Rhody didn’t have a 3 pointer was Nov 2011.
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Yep. Crazy inflection point at 10 mins left on the game. Both teams’ scoring pace increased 4x !!
CAF2056F-4C1F-4887-875F-51B4F5837792.jpeg
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Waching the game again. With 11+ minutes left Rhody had 31 points. They scored 40 points in the last 11 minutes.

With 8 to go they put up a blurb that the last time Rhody didn’t have a 3 pointer was Nov 2011.
WOW! I knew we played great offense in the second half, but that stat is CRAZY! Makes me giddy to think much of that was due to our Freshmen.

:D
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago Yep. Crazy inflection point at 10 mins left on the game. Both teams’ scoring pace increased 4x !!

CAF2056F-4C1F-4887-875F-51B4F5837792.jpeg
You hear about hockey stick charts in finance but you don’t see it a lot in basketball games!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

A lot of those points were after VCU had to foul, but still, it's pretty impressive.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 5 years ago VCU Message Board is a very busy place

Picture1.png
A lot of that is their posters complaining about pop-up ads on the site, particularly one apparently very racist dude who just about lost his mind because he got a “meet black singles” ad and posted about it nearly 100 times.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago
ramster wrote: 5 years ago VCU Message Board is a very busy place

Picture1.png
A lot of that is their posters complaining about pop-up ads on the site, particularly one apparently very racist dude who just about lost his mind because he got a “meet black singles” ad and posted about it nearly 100 times.
I know, I read. But apparently the anger is geared towards the new site they started using for their message board that. Ones with all these pop ups. Actually quite funny some of the comments about the pop ups.
Thankfully we have a great site and moderating team.
2 x