12/01 | @ Providence Friars | 5PM (FS1)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: 12/01 | @ Providence Friars | 5PM (FS1)

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Especially for McNamara, BAR.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote: 5 years ago Practically College
I've been around a long time and I've never heard that one, nice!

:lol:
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

If you haven’t taken a listen, listen to Stone Freeman commentator for the YurView games intro on his newest podcast episode. Spoken very highly of both sides and really hits a lot of great points.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/epi ... 47416&mt=2
2 x
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Re: 12/01 Providence College

Unread post by FattsAndFurious »

steviep123 wrote: 5 years ago
spookydog wrote: 5 years ago Let's just keep this here for posterity's sake...

Lol. Some fool on Twitter a couple of years ago was trying to tell me Cooley was never an assistant coach at URI. I sent him the proof and he deleted the tweet. He couldn’t even own up to being wrong.
need that shirt
1 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago
Section104 wrote: 5 years ago I made sure to screenshot prior to PC deleting the post. I asked our friends at Projo for their thoughts on the instagram post

LMK if any of the Projo guys reply. My guess is they won't. It's much easier to take shots at us.
Bill Koch, probably:
"Christion Thompson, below, appears motionless and unmotivated, likely a result of continued poor URI fan support on the road. Rhode Island never stood a chance in this one as they were blown away 63-60 in front of the energetic sold-out home crowd at the state of the art Dunkin Donuts Center. URI, who chose to take a bus to Providence instead of a chartered jet due to limited athletic resources, looked tired as they showed up for this one after a long day of travel. Dan Hurley, likely to leave for a larger conference at the end of the year, was justifiably upset as he entered into the professional locker room of it's big brother rival. This now makes it 8 years in a row that URI, part of the mid-major Atlantic 10, has failed to beat the states Flagship program out of the heralded Big East. The question has to be asked: why isn't this game played in Providence every year?"
19 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

LOL ^^

McNamara is such a twit, i challenged him on a few things last year and he blocked me on twitter. But not until he first puffed his chest about how many followers he had. Can't make this shit up. I told him there was probably a stripper from Pawtucket that posted pics of herself in bras and panties that has 5 times more followers then he does and he blocked me.
5 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Kevin "I didn't see the game" McNamara, ever technologically challenged, somehow was still unsure "where" the photo was posted, even though if he clicked the image to see full screen, it would show @pcathletics official instagram. Ugh.. At least we know he is aware.

1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

Anyone know the early spread for the game. Can’t find it anywhere.
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

gazakaza wrote: 5 years ago Anyone know the early spread for the game. Can’t find it anywhere.
my guess is 7.5-8.5 range in favor of PC.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I haven't seen a legitimate Friar breakdown on here, so here it is:

PG - David Duke (6'5, 198, FR)
Averages: 26.1 mpg, 8.3 ppg, 2.4 apg, 2.3 rpg, 2.9 tov
Strengths:
Athleticism in the open floor
Can hit an open jump shot
Weaknesses:
Struggles as a halfcourt distributor
Lacks solid defensive instincts

SG - A.J. Reeves (6'6, 210, FR)
Averages: 25.4 mpg, 13.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 47% 3
Strengths:
Able to consistently hit semi-open perimeter shots
Athletic in the open floor
Weaknesses:
Has yet to shown consistent ability attacking the basket in the half-court
Also lacks defensive instincts

SF - Alpha Diallo (6'7, 213, JR)
Averages: 35.4 mpg, 18.7 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 3.9 apg
Strengths:
Can score from all three zones
Length can cause problems on the defensive end
Weaknesses:
Sustainability of perimeter shooting - Shooting 42% from 3 after hitting 22.4% last two seasons
Typical solid free throw shooter who can get cold (6-13 against Wichita St, 75% all other games including games of 6-6 and 7-9).

PF - Jimmy Nichols Jr. (6'8, 220, FR)
Averages: 12.6 mpg, 3.3 ppg, 1.7 rpg, .9 bpg
Strengths:
Has great length and athleticism
Can block a lot of shots as help defender
Weaknesses:
Known as a good shooter in HS, has not hit a perimeter shot this season
Prone to getting lost on defense

C - Kalif Young (6'9, 250, JR)
Averages: 15 mpg, 3 ppg, 4.3 rpg
Strengths:
Solid post defender
Surprisingly quick up the floor can lead to easy baskets
Weaknesses:
Not an assertive offensive player
Lacks foot speed to switch defensively

-----------------------------------------------------------
Key Bench Players:

Isaiah Jackson (6'6, 225, RS-SR)
Averages: 28.6 mpg, 9.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 2.1 apg
Strengths:
Great length
A decent shooter who can get to the basket at times
Weaknesses:
Can play out of control with the ball in his hands in the open court
Not a good passer

Nate Watson (6'10, 250, SO)
Averages: 22 mpg, 9.9 ppg, 5.1 rpg
Strengths:
Capable of having the offense run through him depending on matchup
Draws a lot of fouls (averaged 7 FT attempts last 5 games)
Weaknesses:
Not a good defender
Does not rebound well for his size

Maliek White (6'2, 180, JR)
Averages: 18.5 mpg, 6 ppg, 1 rpg, 2.2 apg
Strengths:
Often seen as an offensive/defensive sparkplug off-the-bench
Improved PG skills (Had 6 assists to zero turnovers against Iona)
Weaknesses:
Shooting only 27.6% to start the season
Occasionally struggles defensively because of his size

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Others:

Makai Ashton-Langford (6'3, 185, SO)
Averages: 10.7 mpg, 2.3 ppg, .7 apg
Strengths:
Seen as a defensive spark when in the game
Weaknesses:
Often plays out of control offensively
Struggles to score from all areas of the court

Emmitt Holt (6'7, 215, RS-SR)
Averages: 6 mpg, 1 ppg, .2 rpg
Strengths:
When healthy, a scorer from all three zones
Weaknesses:
Lost a lot of his strength from before his illness
Has struggled with the speed of the game since his return

Drew Edwards (6'3, 185, RS-JR)
Averages: 3.8 mpg, 0.0 ppg, .4 apg
Strengths:
Has been utilized in the past as a defensive stopper
Weaknesses:
A non-factor offensively
Matches up defensively with smaller players
2 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 5 years ago I haven't seen a legitimate Friar breakdown on here, so here it is:

PG - David Duke (6'5, 198, FR)
Averages: 26.1 mpg, 8.3 ppg, 2.4 apg, 2.3 rpg, 2.9 tov
Strengths:
Athleticism in the open floor
Can hit an open jump shot
Weaknesses:
Struggles as a halfcourt distributor
Lacks solid defensive instincts

SG - A.J. Reeves (6'6, 210, FR)
Averages: 25.4 mpg, 13.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 47% 3
Strengths:
Able to consistently hit semi-open perimeter shots
Athletic in the open floor
Weaknesses:
Has yet to shown consistent ability attacking the basket in the half-court
Also lacks defensive instincts

SF - Alpha Diallo (6'7, 213, JR)
Averages: 35.4 mpg, 18.7 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 3.9 apg
Strengths:
Can score from all three zones
Length can cause problems on the defensive end
Weaknesses:
Sustainability of perimeter shooting - Shooting 42% from 3 after hitting 22.4% last two seasons
Typical solid free throw shooter who can get cold (6-13 against Wichita St, 75% all other games including games of 6-6 and 7-9).

PF - Jimmy Nichols Jr. (6'8, 220, FR)
Averages: 12.6 mpg, 3.3 ppg, 1.7 rpg, .9 bpg
Strengths:
Has great length and athleticism
Can block a lot of shots as help defender
Weaknesses:
Known as a good shooter in HS, has not hit a perimeter shot this season
Prone to getting lost on defense

C - Kalif Young (6'9, 250, JR)
Averages: 15 mpg, 3 ppg, 4.3 rpg
Strengths:
Solid post defender
Surprisingly quick up the floor can lead to easy baskets
Weaknesses:
Not an assertive offensive player
Lacks foot speed to switch defensively

-----------------------------------------------------------
Key Bench Players:

Isaiah Jackson (6'6, 225, RS-SR)
Averages: 28.6 mpg, 9.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 2.1 apg
Strengths:
Great length
A decent shooter who can get to the basket at times
Weaknesses:
Can play out of control with the ball in his hands in the open court
Not a good passer

Nate Watson (6'10, 250, SO)
Averages: 22 mpg, 9.9 ppg, 5.1 rpg
Strengths:
Capable of having the offense run through him depending on matchup
Draws a lot of fouls (averaged 7 FT attempts last 5 games)
Weaknesses:
Not a good defender
Does not rebound well for his size

Maliek White (6'2, 180, JR)
Averages: 18.5 mpg, 6 ppg, 1 rpg, 2.2 apg
Strengths:
Often seen as an offensive/defensive sparkplug off-the-bench
Improved PG skills (Had 6 assists to zero turnovers against Iona)
Weaknesses:
Shooting only 27.6% to start the season
Occasionally struggles defensively because of his size

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Others:

Makai Ashton-Langford (6'3, 185, SO)
Averages: 10.7 mpg, 2.3 ppg, .7 apg
Strengths:
Seen as a defensive spark when in the game
Weaknesses:
Often plays out of control offensively
Struggles to score from all areas of the court

Emmitt Holt (6'7, 215, RS-SR)
Averages: 6 mpg, 1 ppg, .2 rpg
Strengths:
When healthy, a scorer from all three zones
Weaknesses:
Lost a lot of his strength from before his illness
Has struggled with the speed of the game since his return

Drew Edwards (6'3, 185, RS-JR)
Averages: 3.8 mpg, 0.0 ppg, .4 apg
Strengths:
Has been utilized in the past as a defensive stopper
Weaknesses:
A non-factor offensively
Matches up defensively with smaller players
Pretty deep to have Holt, Edwards, MAL as "others"...btw, what's the deal with MAL - will he transfer?
1 x
Donuts90
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Donuts90 »

Obadiah wrote: 5 years ago Remember the motto "Never trust Dominicans"! In the church they are the Order of Bullshitters and so it is no mere coincidence that PC President Shanley is a member of a family of hucksters. And remember Father Shanley..... the guy who was going to really get to the bottom of the mascot incident, the same guy who talked about his "good friend" President Caruthers and don't we all misspell the name of our good friends. Hypocrisy at its best. If you want more, then also ask the mayor of Providence and some council members about the "generosity" pf PC. Never has a school, done so little for the community where it is located. And if PC low class and poor taste can't sink lower, you have the case of one of their forum moderators picking on the young ladies that comprise the Ramettes.The world is full of "givers" and "takers", low class PC is firmly in the "takers" category. And at the end of the game on Saturday you will see a vivid display by PC fans in either their "poor losers" or "poor winners" mode, garnished with a complete repertoire of obscenities and references like "youse guys".
Obadiah,

Your hatred for PC is well documented; but I’d leave moderator behavior out of the argument. This sites mods have wished for fires in the athletic dorms at PC(funny given the history, right) and encouraged assault vs PC supporters in attendance last year. Among countless other baseless threats and claims vs. PC.

It’s a rivalry game. There is going to be some back and forth. The mascot assault not withstanding; URI has to decide if they can take it.

Can’t have an entire arena chanting “F PC” during warm ups and then try and claim the moral high ground.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Donuts90 wrote: 5 years ago

This sites mods have wished for fires in the athletic dorms at PC(funny given the history, right) and encouraged assault vs PC supporters in attendance last year. Among countless other baseless threats and claims vs. PC.
No, they have not. That is a lie. Have a pro-Friar take if you want, but lie about what people here have said or done and you’re out. If you do it again it’s your last post.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Obadiah wrote: 5 years ago Remember the motto "Never trust Dominicans"! In the church they are the Order of Bullshitters and so it is no mere coincidence that PC President Shanley is a member of a family of hucksters. And remember Father Shanley..... the guy who was going to really get to the bottom of the mascot incident, the same guy who talked about his "good friend" President Caruthers and don't we all misspell the name of our good friends. Hypocrisy at its best. If you want more, then also ask the mayor of Providence and some council members about the "generosity" pf PC. Never has a school, done so little for the community where it is located. And if PC low class and poor taste can't sink lower, you have the case of one of their forum moderators picking on the young ladies that comprise the Ramettes.The world is full of "givers" and "takers", low class PC is firmly in the "takers" category. And at the end of the game on Saturday you will see a vivid display by PC fans in either their "poor losers" or "poor winners" mode, garnished with a complete repertoire of obscenities and references like "youse guys".
Obadiah,

Your hatred for PC is well documented; but I’d leave moderator behavior out of the argument. This sites mods have wished for fires in the athletic dorms at PC(funny given the history, right) and encouraged assault vs PC supporters in attendance last year. Among countless other baseless threats and claims vs. PC.

It’s a rivalry game. There is going to be some back and forth. The mascot assault not withstanding; URI has to decide if they can take it.

Can’t have an entire arena chanting “F PC” during warm ups and then try and claim the moral high ground.
dont they teach you fools to read at that "prestigious" institution of brotherhood and higher learning? or just to believe in made up stories
1 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Obadiah,

I think all the fan vs fan vitriol is completely acceptable and expected, and all is fair since it goes both ways. When the school's official social media account fans the flames by posting a picture of a concussed college kid it is just flat out dumb and crosses the moral compass line.
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I'm going to shed a little light as to how PC Athletics took that down earlier this morning. In typical best friends of 16 years/college roommate fashion, I texted a link of PC Athletics' IG post to my best friend in DC. She is an attorney in DC, we go back and forth talking about how distasteful it was, I send her a screenshot of my comment about how they posted a picture of a concussed URI player (CT) on their account. She texts me back with how she's calling the PC Athletic Department immediately saying that the picture is a formal threat to our team, even though the PC player also in the photo no longer plays for the team (as far as I know). She dials up PC Athletics and they immediately put her on the phone with the individual who is involved with their social media content, he was completely unaware of the severity of posting an image like this. Apologized, and the post was deleted within a minute.

I understand the rivalry, competition, etc. as I am sure most of us do on this board. What I don't get is how of ALL the images that exist of these games in the past-- that's the one they chose? Glad it was handled quickly.
2 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

That photo needs to be posted on the URI locker room bulletin board. Not that any more
motivation is needed but it will keep the fire burning brightly. We can use all the juice
we can get. No violence, or cheap shots just intensity and competitive fire.

If they are stupid and insensitive enough to post it , PC should pay for it. With hopefully
an upset loss to your in state rivals.
2 x
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Unread post by FattsAndFurious »

CHICO 78 wrote: 5 years ago That photo needs to be posted on the URI locker room bulletin board. Not that any more
motivation is needed but it will keep the fire burning brightly. We can use all the juice

If they are stupid and insensitive enough to post it , PC should pay for it. With hopefully
Any extra motivation is a welcomed sight in my eyes. They way w'eve played so far, we'd lose by 15 points vs. Providence. We need this to be by far our best performance so far this year.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

FattsAndFurious wrote: 5 years ago
CHICO 78 wrote: 5 years ago That photo needs to be posted on the URI locker room bulletin board. Not that any more

Any extra motivation is a welcomed sight in my eyes. They way w'eve played so far, we'd lose by 15 points vs. Providence. We need this to be by far our best performance so far this year.
you do realize that PC has been just as inconsistent and looked just as disjointed, right?

they've survived dog fights against Farleigh Dickinson, Holy Cross, Iona and Siena. And got their doors blown off by Michigan.

Their best win is against a bad South Carolina team that has also lost at home to Stony Brook and Wofford.

neither team has really looked good yet this year
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Section104 wrote: 5 years ago
gazakaza wrote: 5 years ago Anyone know the early spread for the game. Can’t find it anywhere.
my guess is 7.5-8.5 range in favor of PC.
Spot on. Just saw an opener of PC -8.5
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Obadiah,

Is that you, SeanMc? You've earned your Friar badge. If you can't participate like RJ and the several other decent, honest Friar fans who come here, your time will be short.
5 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Donuts90
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Donuts90 »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago

This sites mods have wished for fires in the athletic dorms at PC(funny given the history, right) and encouraged assault vs PC supporters in attendance last year. Among countless other baseless threats and claims vs. PC.
No, they have not. That is a lie. Have a pro-Friar take if you want, but lie about what people here have said or done and you’re out. If you do it again it’s your last post.
Actually you did. Lets see if you have the integrity to post this and apologize
Attachments
rhody1.PNG
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Actually you did. Lets see if you have the integrity to post this and apologize
I’m happy to post it but I’ll be damned if I apologize.

If you think that’s what that says then you’re really struggling. That doesn’t say anything about athletic dorms catching on fire, which implies wishing physical danger upon students, specifically athletes. That is definitely not what was being said there, and I’m sure you realize that. That was a colorful way of saying I root for bad luck to find PC in any and all conceivable ways.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Elorza is one of their biggest cheerleaders, and after Googling him I see he has his undergraduate degree from URI?! How did I not know this? I feel only his JD from Harvard is discussed. Then I see this: https://www.uri.edu/features/jorge-elorza-98/
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I thought Sean was banned from here?
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Quiet a difference between the tweet from URI MBB and PC Athletics.

3 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Section104 wrote: 5 years ago Pretty deep to have Holt, Edwards, MAL as "others"...btw, what's the deal with MAL - will he transfer?
That's the nice way to put it.
Reality is that specifically with Holt and MAL, they are not ready for primetime.
People underestimated how bad Holt's illness was last year-- he lost over 40 pounds and was in the hospital for almost two months I believe.
Even when he got out, it took a long time to get cleared to work out, and obviously even longer to be cleared for contact.
If Holt was even 75% of what he was two years ago, he likely has a meaningful role.
But right now, he doesn't give much besides that veteran leadership.
MAL is a different story.
Still doesn't have a shot, but also seems to be suffering from a confidence crisis.
Seems to always be looking over his shoulder, waiting for a sub.
Probably the first time in his life he's not getting max minutes by being a superior athlete on the court.
At this level, everyone is an athlete, intangibles are what make the player.
The other night he was a spark off the bench, playing high-energy defense and making some nice passes on offense.
But at the same time, White was out with a minor illness.
While White can also slide off-the-ball, it'll be interesting to see if he can sustain that momentum against a better opponent than Fairleigh Dicksinson.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Quiet a difference between the tweet from URI MBB and PC Athletics.

Exquisite. Shared it on Facebook and waiting for troll Pee Cee fans I’m “friends” with (non alums) to come out and post about nonexistent facts about their “school” and how kewl it is.
1 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Quiet a difference between the tweet from URI MBB and PC Athletics.

Exquisite. Shared it on Facebook and waiting for troll Pee Cee fans I’m “friends” with (non alums) to come out and post about nonexistent facts about their “school” and how kewl it is.

Maybe they'll come back with a picture of the Big Blue Bug. 😀
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ramfan85 wrote: 5 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago

Maybe they'll come back with a picture of the Big Blue Bug. 😀

Johnston landfill would be a better representation.
2 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago Elorza is one of their biggest cheerleaders, and after Googling him I see he has his undergraduate degree from URI?! How did I not know this? I feel only his JD from Harvard is discussed. Then I see this: https://www.uri.edu/features/jorge-elorza-98/
URI alum Elorza was introduced and honored at halftime at a Ryan Center game a few years back.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago Elorza is one of their biggest cheerleaders, and after Googling him I see he has his undergraduate degree from URI?! How did I not know this? I feel only his JD from Harvard is discussed. Then I see this: https://www.uri.edu/features/jorge-elorza-98/
URI alum Elorza was introduced and honored at halftime at a Ryan Center game a few years back.
RF1 wrote: 5 years ago
I vaguely remember that now only because you mentioned it. Still is a lacking alum overall. Especially since he’s sitting pretty into a new term as a mayor of that corrupt city.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago
ramster wrote: 5 years ago
BleedBlue87 wrote: 5 years ago I love and hate this game at the same time. One of the reasons I can't stand it is because of how early in the season it is. The URI team they have tomorrow will not be the same team in March and vice-versa.
But equals out for both teams...
Plus it’s basically that way for most all rivalries with out of Conference teams.
PC starts 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores.
URI only starts Harris as a Freshman plus a sophomore, 2 juniors and a senior. Granted URI is not very experienced with only Langevine and Dowtin back as starters from last year.
I think we win this game.
Who is the senior we start? Are you considering CT a senior, tho he is a redshirt Junior
Yes I consider him a Senior. He is in his 4th year and age wise he is a Senior.
Not a done deal he returns for a 5th year.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Obadiah,

You're damn right on the hatred part which is not based on opinion, but insider facts over many years on how the PC Athletics Dept and Administration has interacted with URI in such small minded and petty ways. It is also based on the many business, cultural and social meeting interfacing with many RI leaders on different levels where the opinion is that of all the schools in RI, PC makes the least contribution to the community. Most refer to as a "basketball factory".

As for the mods, don't give me any of your whiny, right wing style, dogmatic attempts at obfuscation, taking things out of context, purposive exaggeration and distortion about wishing fires on people. And chanting is minor, as compared to the thousands of examples continual bad and uncouth behavior by the PC fan base. Just ask fans from other schools who come to the Dunk what they think. Your fan base has a deserved low life reputation and you have to live with that fact.
7 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CHICO 78 wrote: 5 years agoby BleedBlue87 » 20 minutes ago

I love and hate this game at the same time. One of the reasons I can't stand it is because of how early in the season it is. The URI team they have tomorrow will not be the same team in March and vice-versa.

Pee Cee starts 2 freshman (Duke & Reeves) and have 3 that see significant playing time. So by your measure this isn't the same Pee Cee team that they will be in March. Unfortunately their top 2 freshmen haven't been playing like freshmen and ours have.
Harris needs to repeat his performance level against Brown and Fatts needs to get untracked this game ( an efficient 15+ points) , Cox needs to have him on a real short leash or this could get really ugly really fast. Plus when Duke is in at the 1 and Reeves is in at the 2 Fatts is stuck playing man on a 6'5" point guard in Duke. In a man defense they can clear out and let Duke post him up and destroy Fatts.
no, Jimmy Nichols Jr, the 6'8" freshman from Conway South Carolina will be in the starting line up along with David Duke and Reeves
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago I thought Sean was banned from here?
He was and is, now under his new alias. We tried to give him a chance but he can’t help himself. PC fans want to come here and talk basketball, that’s fine. Friendly barbs are cool, too. We are not letting this thread turn into an off-topic cesspool, which is why he was banned in the first place.
6 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

Rhody Rhody Rhody!!! Where we drinking pre game beers??!!
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

[quote=ATPTourFan post_id=383235 time=1543605335 user_id=2]
Kevin "I didn't see the game" McNamara, ever technologically challenged, somehow was still unsure "where" the photo was posted, even though if he clicked the image to see full screen, it would show @pcathletics official instagram. Ugh.. At least we know he is aware.

https://twitter.com/MattGiraitis/status ... 2241966080
[/quote]

Anyone have a clip of Ruben (The Thug) laying out Mike Andersen with a sucker punch in '96?
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago I thought Sean was banned from here?
He was and is, now under his new alias. We tried to give him a chance but he can’t help himself. PC fans want to come here and talk basketball, that’s fine. Friendly barbs are cool, too. We are not letting this thread turn into an off-topic cesspool, which is why he was banned in the first place.

And in itself the City or Providence is a proverbial cesspool.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

bkoeppen wrote: 5 years ago :D
This guy is worse at talking shit than the Brown Barstool goof.
Couldn't agree more. I can talk way better shizwa than that.
1 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Has anyone seen an apology by Practically College regarding the posting of the Christion Thompson photo? It is really surprising that the great RJ who has an opinion about virtually everything somehow did not have a comment about it in his earlier post. He must be at a loss as to how to defend the "school" for this which was done in incredible poor taste.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 5 years ago
Section104 wrote: 5 years ago Pretty deep to have Holt, Edwards, MAL as "others"...btw, what's the deal with MAL - will he transfer?
That's the nice way to put it.
Reality is that specifically with Holt and MAL, they are not ready for primetime.
People underestimated how bad Holt's illness was last year-- he lost over 40 pounds and was in the hospital for almost two months I believe.
Even when he got out, it took a long time to get cleared to work out, and obviously even longer to be cleared for contact.
If Holt was even 75% of what he was two years ago, he likely has a meaningful role.
But right now, he doesn't give much besides that veteran leadership.
MAL is a different story.
Still doesn't have a shot, but also seems to be suffering from a confidence crisis.
Seems to always be looking over his shoulder, waiting for a sub.
Probably the first time in his life he's not getting max minutes by being a superior athlete on the court.
At this level, everyone is an athlete, intangibles are what make the player.
The other night he was a spark off the bench, playing high-energy defense and making some nice passes on offense.
But at the same time, White was out with a minor illness.
While White can also slide off-the-ball, it'll be interesting to see if he can sustain that momentum against a better opponent than Fairleigh Dicksinson.
RJ,
What was the nature of the illness Holt had? Pretty impressive that he is back on the team active after 2 months in the hospital. He was strong as an ox so the inactivity had to take its toll on him. Is he getting his strength back?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

He had emergency abdominal surgery almost a year ago. Very scary. People close to the PC program reported that he almost passed away.

Not sure he will ever be at the level he played in 2016-17. He is only averaging 6 mins/game and didn’t play in their last game.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

eli#10 wrote: 5 years ago Has anyone seen an apology by Practically College regarding the posting of the Christion Thompson photo? It is really surprising that the great RJ who has an opinion about virtually everything somehow did not have a comment about it in his earlier post. He must be at a loss as to how to defend the "school" for this which was done in incredible poor taste.
I had posted earlier on this thread on how Pee Cee ended up taking the post down, but apparently apologies don’t fall in line with their “Dominican” and “Catholic” values. Everything gets swept under the rug, so don’t expect an apology from them my friend. I am sorry FOR them.
Last edited by Taylor Swift 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Have 2 extras for the game. Face = $40. Need to pick them up at URI will call table. Private message me if interested.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 5 years ago I haven't seen a legitimate Friar breakdown on here, so here it is:

idk I thought this was pretty accurate

2 x
Clapton is God
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I gotta admit / the SB loss got me down / really down.. I never was patient for rebuilding ..

But today I got really upset over that post they made / they awoken a sleeping dog

I’ve been getting more and more fired up all day today

It is time to wake the eff up and just start playing ball and start hitting shots

It starts tomorrow - this game can catapult us into start playing to our potential

We are playing w house money and we have nothing to lose

Yes, we are the dog in this game but guess what, it’s time to wake up and attack

So fired up for this game / leaving CT at noon

Let’s go.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 years ago I gotta admit / the SB loss got me down / really down.. I never was patient for rebuilding ..

But today I got really upset over that post they made / they awoken a sleeping dog

I’ve been getting more and more fired up all day today

It is time to wake the eff up and just start playing ball and start hitting shots

It starts tomorrow - this game can catapult us into start playing to our potential

We are playing w house money and we have nothing to lose

Yes, we are the dog in this game but guess what, it’s time to wake up and attack

So fired up for this game / leaving CT at noon

Let’s go.
.........not exactly a patented Blue Man rant, but pretty good.......thx
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

eli#10 wrote: 5 years ago Has anyone seen an apology by Practically College regarding the posting of the Christion Thompson photo? It is really surprising that the great RJ who has an opinion about virtually everything somehow did not have a comment about it in his earlier post. He must be at a loss as to how to defend the "school" for this which was done in incredible poor taste.
I didn’t see the picture so I don’t have an opinion. Sorry.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Section104 wrote: 5 years ago I made sure to screenshot prior to PC deleting the post. I asked our friends at Projo for their thoughts on the instagram post

Rj, just click on this for the picture.
0 x