12/01 | @ Providence Friars | 5PM (FS1)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Re: 12/01 | @ Providence Friars | 5PM (FS1)

Unread post by bkoeppen »

pretty much sums it up:

3 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Fatts IG post have been limited and on point.
“Gotta have a short memory”
“It’s coming” pic of him practicing
“There is beauty in every struggle”
2 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

:D
0 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

bkoeppen wrote: 5 years ago :D
whoever does that rhody blog with the weekly URI nice and mean tweets is gonna be working overtime this week.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

bkoeppen wrote: 5 years ago
whoever does that rhody blog with the weekly URI nice and mean tweets is gonna be working overtime this week.
Pretty sure this cat needed to say, "act like they are THE shit" instead of "act like 'they're' shit". If you're going to insult at least get it right.

I read through some of this account's supposed parody tweets, but they come across pretty angry and infantile rather than humorous.

Also, if I wanted to be part of a cult I chose wisely if it's a bunch of Rhody fans. :lol: 8-)
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Will be interesting to see how Cooley manages the first PG off the bench when he replaces Duke. Will it be White or will it be MAL?

http://friarbasketball.com/2018/11/30/m ... rn-lineup/
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

This guy is worse at talking shit than the Brown Barstool goof.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

URI is now in last place (#351) with 3 point team shooting. Hopefully this game is the one that turns it all around.
1 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I liked Omar's body language and energy last game. He was talkative. Hopefully they tell him MAL isn't too good and Omar can put in some work.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago URI is now in last place (#351) with 3 point team shooting. Hopefully this game is the one that turns it all around.
Now THAT is embarrassing.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

On the bright side, we can't shoot 3's any worse!!! Only can get better.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago On the bright side, we can't shoot 3's any worse!!! Only can get better.
We are 4th in team defense against the 3. So, at least there is that.
1 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Donuts90
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Donuts90 »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago
This guy is worse at talking shit than the Brown Barstool goof.
Something we all agree on, this guy SUCKS

Is it gametime yet?
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

Seawrightspostgame wrote: 5 years ago I liked Omar's body language and energy last game. He was talkative. Hopefully they tell him MAL isn't too good and Omar can put in some work.
Or tell him that he's matching up with Terry Rozier again and get a repeat performance from the summer
2 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: 12/01 Providence College

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

:)
spookydog wrote: 5 years ago Let's just keep this here for posterity's sake...

Bump
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I love and hate this game at the same time. One of the reasons I can't stand it is because of how early in the season it is. The URI team they have tomorrow will not be the same team in March and vice-versa.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 5 years ago I love and hate this game at the same time. One of the reasons I can't stand it is because of how early in the season it is. The URI team they have tomorrow will not be the same team in March and vice-versa.
But equals out for both teams...
Plus it’s basically that way for most all rivalries with out of Conference teams.
PC starts 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores.
URI only starts Harris as a Freshman plus a sophomore, 2 juniors and a senior. Granted URI is not very experienced with only Langevine and Dowtin back as starters from last year.
I think we win this game.
1 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago URI is now in last place (#351) with 3 point team shooting. Hopefully this game is the one that turns it all around.
given that we are 3-2, albeit against a fairly weak schedule to date, we should be happy given how bad the 3 pt shooting is. if we could have hit 30% from 3 so far, we might be 5-0. i think we will see us turning it around pretty quickly.
0 x
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

ramster wrote: 5 years ago
BleedBlue87 wrote: 5 years ago I love and hate this game at the same time. One of the reasons I can't stand it is because of how early in the season it is. The URI team they have tomorrow will not be the same team in March and vice-versa.
Plus it’s basically that way for most all rivalries with out of Conference teams.
URI only starts Harris as a Freshman plus a sophomore, 2 juniors and a senior. Granted URI is not very experienced with only Langevine and Dowtin back as starters from last year.
Diallo and Young are both juniors. Granted most games Young comes out quickly for Watson who is a sophomore
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Ah yes.. the moving screen that concusses and knocked Christion out of the game, let’s post that!!!

Fuck PC
2 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

rhodysurf wrote: 5 years ago

Ah yes.. the moving screen that concusses and knocked Christion out of the game, let’s post that!!!

Fuck PC
Pretty shitty for PC Athletics official instagram to be posting that- Thats stuff I expect from a fan site. The hate is real
1 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

by BleedBlue87 » 20 minutes ago

I love and hate this game at the same time. One of the reasons I can't stand it is because of how early in the season it is. The URI team they have tomorrow will not be the same team in March and vice-versa.

Pee Cee starts 2 freshman (Duke & Reeves) and have 3 that see significant playing time. So by your measure this isn't the same Pee Cee team that they will be in March. Unfortunately their top 2 freshmen haven't been playing like freshmen and ours have.
Harris needs to repeat his performance level against Brown and Fatts needs to get untracked this game ( an efficient 15+ points) , Cox needs to have him on a real short leash or this could get really ugly really fast. Plus when Duke is in at the 1 and Reeves is in at the 2 Fatts is stuck playing man on a 6'5" point guard in Duke. In a man defense they can clear out and let Duke post him up and destroy Fatts.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

ramster wrote: 5 years ago
Who is the senior we start? Are you considering CT a senior, tho he is a redshirt Junior
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Fuck PC
That is in real poor taste for something coming from an official account.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago

Fuck PC
That is in real poor taste for something coming from an official account.
Raise your hand if you are shocked - SHOCKED! - to see something in poor taste coming from the Providence athletic department.

Poor taste is the organizing principle of the whole institution.
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Fuck PC
So trashy to have that as the first picture. Always have to hide behind the fact that they're "Catholic" and a "community of Christ", and then pull this?

I do not know why PC fans are so hung up on make-believe URI acceptance rates, 110% one of the signs said? It makes ZERO sense. They hardly have any hard sciences as a major, I believe they only offer Chemistry and Biology, which is geared to Secondary Ed. majors anyway. :lol:

Also, leave it to da Fryahz to live in the past. "OMG we were sooo good when we had Kris Dunn!" "OMG ERNIE D!!! Dave Gavitt!" Whoopdie friggin' do!
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Fatts breaks out with 25+, five 3's.

W.
1 x
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I don't have high expectations as a Rhody fan for the outcome of the game tomorrow. Body of work thus far does not give me cause for a lot of optimism.
3 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

They took it down
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 years ago Fatts breaks out with 25+, five 3's.

W.
Holding my breath but I also think this will happen. Break out game for this team, silence the Criars. Beers and shit talking at Murphy's across the street in my Rhody Blue gear, nice little Saturday.
Last edited by Rhodymob05 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
GO RAMS
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

FYI.... The PC Athletic Department realized it was a huge mistake to have that picture of Thompson up so the post has been taken down. BYE!!!

It was actually a threat to do that since Thompson is still on the roster. They obviously do not use common sense in their Athletic Department.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

If this podcast hasn't been posted yet:

https://www.woonsocketcall.com/sports/p ... 7bcd1.html
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago I don't have high expectations as a Rhody fan for the outcome of the game tomorrow. Body of work thus far does not give me cause for a lot of optimism.
This is a fair way to feel about it if you’ve only watched us and haven’t caught any Providence yet this year.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

PC is NOT good this season. Their limited advantage tomorrow is being at their home court. This is why they talk about "acceptance rates" and their teams from the past.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Rhodyram wrote: 5 years ago They took it down
Ha, i posted a comment that in the era of CTE it was poor form to show a concussed college kid on their account. hashtag christian values. Dummies
3 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

If anyone from the URI Mens basketball program did not see that post from the official PC Athletics account before they took it down, I am more than happy to send it to CT and staff to hang on their bulletin board
Last edited by Ram1019 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I saw PC-7 for a line on their board. Any updates on that?
0 x
GO RAMS
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Ha, i posted a comment that in the era of CTE it was poor form to show a concussed college kid on their account. hashtag christian values. Dummies
I commented, "Of all the pictures you have access to you chose one of a concussed player on the court? Shame." Should have added, "now go to confession tomorrow morning and say 10 Hail Marys you're going to need them."
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Ram1019 wrote: 5 years ago If anyone from the URI Mens basketball program did not see that post from the official PC Athletics account before they took it down, I am more than happy to send it to CT and staff to hang on their bulletin board
I have a screenshot of my comment, not the pic. I think I commented right after you, and it was taken down a few minutes later.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago

Fuck PC
So trashy to have that as the first picture. Always have to hide behind the fact that they're "Catholic" and a "community of Christ", and then pull this?

I do not know why PC fans are so hung up on make-believe URI acceptance rates, 110% one of the signs said? It makes ZERO sense. They hardly have any hard sciences as a major, I believe they only offer Chemistry and Biology, which is geared to Secondary Ed. majors anyway. :lol:

Also, leave it to da Fryahz to live in the past. "OMG we were sooo good when we had Kris Dunn!" "OMG ERNIE D!!! Dave Gavitt!" Whoopdie friggin' do!
the academic barbs have always been ironic coming from Practically College
4 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Da_Process_Survivor wrote: 5 years ago

the academic barbs have always been ironic coming from Practically College
Checking their major list here" https://about.providence.edu/fast-facts/majors-minors/

Looks like the type of coursework a fossil would be interested in. Completely out of touch, looks like a list from 1965.
1 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago
I commented, "Of all the pictures you have access to you chose one of a concussed player on the court? Shame." Should have added, "now go to confession tomorrow morning and say 10 Hail Marys you're going to need them."
At least one player will be psyched tomorrow. Hope CT gets 50.
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Remember the motto "Never trust Dominicans"! In the church they are the Order of Bullshitters and so it is no mere coincidence that PC President Shanley is a member of a family of hucksters. And remember Father Shanley..... the guy who was going to really get to the bottom of the mascot incident, the same guy who talked about his "good friend" President Caruthers and don't we all misspell the name of our good friends. Hypocrisy at its best. If you want more, then also ask the mayor of Providence and some council members about the "generosity" pf PC. Never has a school, done so little for the community where it is located. And if PC low class and poor taste can't sink lower, you have the case of one of their forum moderators picking on the young ladies that comprise the Ramettes.The world is full of "givers" and "takers", low class PC is firmly in the "takers" category. And at the end of the game on Saturday you will see a vivid display by PC fans in either their "poor losers" or "poor winners" mode, garnished with a complete repertoire of obscenities and references like "youse guys".
2 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

I made sure to screenshot prior to PC deleting the post. I asked our friends at Projo for their thoughts on the instagram post

4 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago I don't have high expectations as a Rhody fan for the outcome of the game tomorrow. Body of work thus far does not give me cause for a lot of optimism.
I agree with this 100%. I've seen PC play twice this year and even though they are also young, it appears we have few advantages in the match up. Having said that, the fact its a rivalry game can mask a lot of warts for teams (like our horrendous shooting), lets see how Cox responds to the zone Cooley is sure to throw at us. The key to us having a chance is for Cyril to stay on the floor, PC is going to attack Cyril early and often and he needs to avoid early foul trouble. If Cyril can play 30+ minutes, we will be in the game.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Obadiah wrote: 5 years ago Remember the motto "Never trust Dominicans"! In the church they are the Order of Bullshitters and so it is no mere coincidence that PC President Shanley is a member of a family of hucksters. And remember Father Shanley..... the guy who was going to really get to the bottom of the mascot incident, the same guy who talked about his "good friend" President Caruthers and don't we all misspell the name of our good friends. Hypocrisy at its best. If you want more, then also ask the mayor of Providence and some council members about the "generosity" pf PC. Never has a school, done so little for the community where it is located. And if PC low class and poor taste can't sink lower, you have the case of one of their forum moderators picking on the young ladies that comprise the Ramettes.The world is full of "givers" and "takers", low class PC is firmly in the "takers" category. And at the end of the game on Saturday you will see a vivid display by PC fans in either their "poor losers" or "poor winners" mode, garnished with a complete repertoire of obscenities and references like "youse guys".
The PC mentality is that they'll only "help" and "serve" those who look and act like they do. They'd NEVER go out of their way to help the community surrounding their school, which is probably the most in need in the entire city of Providence. They have apparently "tried" to teach their student body about diversity but failed.

"YOUSE GUYS - I gotta rezzzivation faw dinnah. The game bettah be ova by 7."

The fact that they're stooping as low as picking on Rammettes is pretty disgusting.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Section104 wrote: 5 years ago I made sure to screenshot prior to PC deleting the post. I asked our friends at Projo for their thoughts on the instagram post

WOW - f*ck them
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

CHICO 78 wrote: 5 years agoby BleedBlue87 » 20 minutes ago

Pee Cee starts 2 freshman (Duke & Reeves) and have 3 that see significant playing time. So by your measure this isn't the same Pee Cee team that they will be in March. Unfortunately their top 2 freshmen haven't been playing like freshmen and ours have.
Harris needs to repeat his performance level against Brown and Fatts needs to get untracked this game ( an efficient 15+ points) , Cox needs to have him on a real short leash or this could get really ugly really fast. Plus when Duke is in at the 1 and Reeves is in at the 2 Fatts is stuck playing man on a 6'5" point guard in Duke. In a man defense they can clear out and let Duke post him up and destroy Fatts.
PC starts 3 freshmen - Duke, Reeves & Nichols. Nichols has started the last 4 games.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Section104 wrote: 5 years ago I made sure to screenshot prior to PC deleting the post. I asked our friends at Projo for their thoughts on the instagram post

LMK if any of the Projo guys reply. My guess is they won't. It's much easier to take shots at us.
1 x