PC/URI Tickets

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Re: PC/URI Tickets

Unread post by Rhodyram »

With a low of $50 face value I don't see tix going for much less than that.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ramster wrote: 5 years ago Which is why this year's game will not have the same demand as last year and the year before.
Both teams are down from last year with lots of new faces. Not senior laden teams where fans knew the names quite well
My guess is ticket prices will steadily drop from now to game time
You can’t compare last year (Ryan Center capacity - 7,657) to this year (Dunk - 12,400 capacity).
The Dunk will be sold out for the game on Dec 1st. I guess you are talking about tickets on the secondary market.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhodyram wrote: 5 years ago With a low of $50 face value I don't see tix going for much less than that.

I see Section 107 for $460 each. That is disgusting.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago

Yes, I am that petty and nitpicky when it comes to Tweets from people of the likes of Friar Frank. Couldn't even tag @GoRhodyRams in his tweet? I say this because he tagged Friar Athletics, too. I'm surprised he actually had @RhodyMBB in his tweet.
Man, I read that quickly and thought it said Billy Graham. Now THAT would have been something.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago

Yes, I am that petty and nitpicky when it comes to Tweets from people of the likes of Friar Frank. Couldn't even tag @GoRhodyRams in his tweet? I say this because he tagged Friar Athletics, too. I'm surprised he actually had @RhodyMBB in his tweet.
Man, I read that quickly and thought it said Billy Graham. Now THAT would have been something.

LMAO!!! Maybe in hologram form?
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

The frozen head of Billy Graham lol
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

I have a few tickets available for Saturday at PC. Just looking for face value ($60) to get more Rhody fans in the building.

2 or 4 available in 229
1,2, or 3 available in 230.

PM me if interested
1 x
dave11to28
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by dave11to28 »

Same here. I have 3 available in section 218 just looking to get back what I paid which was $60 a ticket and would prefer to sell them to rhody fans to get more rhody fans in the building. Also I am attending the pre game event at the g bar in providence 330-430. Looks like fun. Who else is attending?
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

dave11to28 wrote: 5 years ago Same here. I have 3 available in section 218 just looking to get back what I paid which was $60 a ticket and would prefer to sell them to rhody fans to get more rhody fans in the building. Also I am attending the pre game event at the g bar in providence 330-430. Looks like fun. Who else is attending?
I had thought about it and am still up in the air, tbh. I've talked to a few other people about getting together at Coast Guard House and watching the game there instead, and I also have a Christmas party that night. I never miss the game in Kingston, but I'm still not sure how much I feel about going to Prov on Saturday. I want to be guaranteed I'm watching the game with Rhody fans and not a section filled with people who don't even understand the game of basketball and got tickets just because. "YEH GO FRYAHZ - DAT RICK BAHNS HE STILL DA COACH? I REMEMBUH WHEN ERNIE D SCAWED"
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

i'll be there.. wouldn't miss it.. we better not get spanked !
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Never miss a PC URI game regardless of where it is played
4 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ramster wrote: 5 years ago Never miss a PC URI game regardless of where it is played
Listen I’d go to the North Pole if I had to!
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Didn’t know where else to stick this right now, but this guy either had his Twitter hacked or he really should just be a PC-only fan page. It was an 8:30 start, right? Not earth shattering in a typical college city. Get with the times.

0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Lowest price for tix on stubhub is $55 which is around what its been the last couple weeks. I don't see the low end getting much lower although the better seats may drop in price as the game gets closer and people realize they can't get what they're asking.
1 x
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

jmck wrote: 5 years ago I have a few tickets available for Saturday at PC. Just looking for face value ($60) to get more Rhody fans in the building.

2 or 4 available in 229

PM me if interested
The three in 230 are gone. I now have 2 available in 229, Row N. Just looking for $60 each. Cheaper than any comps on Stubhub right now
1 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

I'm looking for 4 tickets if anyone has any available.
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

In a conversation with URI Athletics, I was offered two tickets to good seats (not behind the team bench, but mid court) for $125 each!!! I was told URI just got their ticket allotment which was quite small. The lateness of the PC move indicates two motives; 1) keep the URI attendance down, and 2) see how ticket sales are going and if strong, hose the URI fans who want to attend. All schools have ticket shenanigans for big games, but PC takes pettiness and low class approach to a new level. I wouldn't give five cents to Dominicans, maybe the Little Sisters of the Poor, but never Dominicans. This incident just confirms a principle in my belief system, never trust PC. If you doubt that just ask the mayor of Providence or the city council members.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I think...if you're not leveraging ticket sales to the home fans as much as possible, right up til the last minute...you're not really trying are you? ;)
1 x
Donuts90
Frenchy Tomlin

PC/URI Tickets

Unread post by Donuts90 »

Ticket allocations are worked out months in advance. URI sticks PCs allocation in the top corner behind a AC duct. If Rhody is jacking up the prices on its fans to a big game, how is that PCs fault?
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Obadiah wrote: 5 years ago In a conversation with URI Athletics, I was offered two tickets to good seats (not behind the team bench, but mid court) for $125 each!!! I was told URI just got their ticket allotment which was quite small. The lateness of the PC move indicates two motives; 1) keep the URI attendance down, and 2) see how ticket sales are going and if strong, hose the URI fans who want to attend. All schools have ticket shenanigans for big games, but PC takes pettiness and low class approach to a new level. I wouldn't give five cents to Dominicans, maybe the Little Sisters of the Poor, but never Dominicans. This incident just confirms a principle in my belief system, never trust PC. If you doubt that just ask the mayor of Providence or the city council members.
In the close to five years I've been on KB, this may be one of my most favorite posts I've read ALL TIME.

Maybe the City of Providence is trying to further line their pockets with the proceeds from this game?

Someone I don't even want do admit to knowing (graduated from URI, but is a PC season ticket holder) offered on Facebook that someone could "buy his tickets" for the game. I'm like who wants to sit in your seats? Don't even put that you were granted a degree from URI on your resume at this point, bro.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Donuts90 wrote: 5 years ago Ticket allocations are worked out months in advance. URI sticks PCs allocation in the top corner behind a AC duct. If Rhody is jacking up the prices on its fans to a big game, how is that PCs fault?

Check the difference in the size of venues. Also, that's always where opposing teams are "stuck". UMASS fans are in the same section when they play us at the Ryan Center.
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Donuts90 wrote: 5 years ago Ticket allocations are worked out months in advance. URI sticks PCs allocation in the top corner behind a AC duct. If Rhody is jacking up the prices on its fans to a big game, how is that PCs fault?
I feel like you’re missing the basic point, which is that throwing haymakers at PC on the internet is fun.
7 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Also, it's low-hanging fruit when making fun of PC, which makes it all the more fun.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

This is inaccurate. URI allocates PC two groups of tickets at the Ryan Center. One group of tickets are very good seats.
PC previously did the same for URI at the Dunk. Not this year. PC was very late in providing URI their allocation.
When they finally did there were no good seats. All 200 corners. URI pushed back saying it was unacceptable.
I am not sure of the resolution but URI didn’t get the tickets until Monday. My seats are in 200s corner.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Come join the fun.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
This is inaccurate. URI allocates PC two groups of tickets at the Ryan Center. One group of tickets are very good seats.
PC previously did the same for URI at the Dunk. Not this year. PC was very late in providing URI their allocation.
When they finally did there were no good seats. All 200 corners. URI pushed back saying it was unacceptable.
I am not sure of the resolution but URI didn’t get the tickets until Monday. My seats are in 200s corner.
Donuts, piggy-backing off of this, PC gets the section right behind their bench AND the 300s section when they play at the RC. I know the URI ticket office isn't happy with how this went down and don't be shocked if PC loses those tickets behind their team bench next year.
2 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Next year at Ryan, I would give PC the same number of tickets behind their bench that they gave URI this year - 32!!. Then I would give them another 75 scattered in the 300 section. Send a message to these creeps.
4 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Obadiah wrote: 5 years ago Next year at Ryan, I would give PC the same number of tickets behind their bench that they gave URI this year - 32!!. Then I would give them another 75 scattered in the 300 section. Send a message to these creeps.
Which priest do I need to email? Haha

PC had pretty much the two sections behind their bench at the RC last year, minus the scattered season ticket holders in 104. I don’t believe all of 104 is URI season ticket holders. The RC is not even close to the capacity of the Dunk so I don’t even know why their fan base questions the ticket allotment they get in Kingston. Move along.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago Come join the fun.
My mother told me when I was little to not ever say I hate people but I can dislike people. So, I highly dislike PC.
1 x
hurleybirdspecial
Jim Eitner

Unread post by hurleybirdspecial »

jmck wrote: 5 years ago
jmck wrote: 5 years ago I have a few tickets available for Saturday at PC. Just looking for face value ($60) to get more Rhody fans in the building.

2 or 4 available in 229

PM me if interested
The three in 230 are gone. I now have 2 available in 229, Row N. Just looking for $60 each. Cheaper than any comps on Stubhub right now
Hey jmck -- those 2 in section 229 still available?
1 x
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

hurleybirdspecial wrote: 5 years ago
jmck wrote: 5 years ago

2 or 4 available in 229

PM me if interested
Hey jmck -- those 2 in section 229 still available?
Sorry my tickets are gone
0 x