11/16 | Harvard Crimson | 7PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Re: 11/16 Harvard

Unread post by Obadiah »

The Harvard Crimson's write-up on game:

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2018 ... -urigamer/
3 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Spook wrote: 5 years ago What an incredible ass hole Koch is with the tweet about the lights going out to hide empty seats. Just a fatter dumber version of McNamara.
Definitely a dick comment but I’ve been saying for years that the Ryan Center looks really dark on tv compared to other courts. Would certainly look better if they had some more lights on.

Obviously not an extremely critical improvement but it’s one of those things that seems easy to improve and worth it considering we’ve had more games on national tv in recent years.
0 x
Bill Koch
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bill Koch »

Spook wrote: 5 years ago What an incredible ass hole Koch is with the tweet about the lights going out to hide empty seats. Just a fatter dumber version of McNamara.
I mean, sure, anyone can see I have a few pounds on Kevin. Not really all that thrilled with my appearance at the moment, but it is what it is. I'm working on it.

To say I'm obviously dumber than Kevin without offering any evidence is where this starts to lose some credibility.
7 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Bill Koch wrote: 5 years ago
I mean, sure, anyone can see I have a few pounds on Kevin. Not really all that thrilled with my appearance at the moment, but it is what it is. I'm working on it.

To say I'm obviously dumber than Kevin without offering any evidence is where this starts to lose some credibility.
Why do you keep criticizing our attendance? You did it last year and I believe the RC set record for attendance.
1 x
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

Attendence is pretty simple in the New England region. Win and it will be good. Lose and it won’t. I remember when I was little running up and down the rows at the Patriots games because there was no one at the game.

There are more interesting things to read about than attendance.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Just read the Harvard game review linked here......they were pretty impressed with our fans.....
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

Bill Koch wrote: 5 years ago

This comment is incredibly uncalled for. I’m sure Bill knows that most URI are not this ignorant.
2 x
Common sense is not common.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea I actually think Bill does a good job with Rhody.
2 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think when Fatts drives he needs to try and create contact and get to the line. I think he was 8-8 last night so that needs to continue.
I also would prefer JD initiating the offense with Fatts off the ball
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Nice to make the observation, but would be even better to just follow up with Ryan Center staff to answer the question and confirm there was any change in lighting and the reason. Not to mention upper deck wasn’t empty, but crowd was late to arrive for sure.

Tweet was 703p, and LEDs aren’t 100% full brightness after being turned off for introductions. Also depends on what is displayed on the banner as that seriously brightens the floor when anything close to white is on there.

Ryan Center for years has not illuminated the concourse and upper levels with the old fluorescent lights. Instead they have spot lighting on the stairways. Celtics and other NBA arenas all do this on the age of LED floor lighting.

4 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Spook
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Spook »

Uncalled for? Please. Koch is an ass. I followed him on Twitter, liked virtually every tweet re URI hoop last year and retweeted many to show support and a following. No more. He does not do a good job. He is merely there as an assignment and chooses as part of that assignment to continually bust our balls about any shortcomings. That tweet totally uncalled for. That’s something a visiting writer puts in not our “own” beat guy. As previously discussed, Will G and Chris D do a good job. They’re interested in the basketball which is what I want to read about. Not seats and his friggin internet connection.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

A thought when evaluating our Fr
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago Nice to make the observation, but would be even better to just follow up with Ryan Center staff to answer the question and confirm there was any change in lighting and the reason. Not to mention upper deck wasn’t empty, but crowd was late to arrive for sure.

Tweet was 703p, and LEDs aren’t 100% full brightness after being turned off for introductions. Also depends on what is displayed on the banner as that seriously brightens the floor when anything close to white is on there.

Ryan Center for years has not illuminated the concourse and upper levels with the old fluorescent lights. Instead they have spot lighting on the stairways. Celtics and other NBA arenas all do this on the age of LED floor lighting.

His MO is and has always been to take pot shots. Don’t recall a tweet last year about breaking attendance records, or how well Rhody fans traveled to DC or Pittsburgh. With friends like him who needs enemies.
4 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

A few thoughts

I like the coverage Bill Koch gives us....he is balanced and fair....we need better support and attendance..

I don't like body shaming in any form....it is contemptible...

The article from the Harvard Crimson was very well written....I enjoyed reading it
7 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

I have to disagree. If he was fair and balanced there would be less gripes. There is plenty to criticize with the program and support and most level headed fans would acknowledge that. But there are also times where the positives could be highlighted. It’s finding a balance, and he tends to veer towards the cynical and takes a shot almost anytime the opportunity presents itself.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

He has pointed out several times when the crowd is good. People here just don't point it out when it happens so it only feels like he takes shots when the reality is significantly different
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......I am pretty much neutral on Bill Koch reporting on the games, his tweets do not bother me.....I only read them hear......what I don’t like is the Journal decisions not to send him to some away games......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

“I have to disagree. If he was fair and balanced there would be less gripes. There is plenty to criticize with the program and support and most level headed fans would acknowledge that. But there are also times where the positives could be highlighted. It’s finding a balance, and he tends to veer towards the cynical and takes a shot almost anytime the opportunity presents itself.”

I would disagree. Unless a reporter is an unapologetic Johnny Most Homer he is the anti-Christ. The slightest negative comment uttered turns some people on this board into snarling dogs who attack the reporter! I.e. said fat shaming!
Koch definitely more of a critic than will or Chris who tend to emphasize the positives. But there is room for both here. At least he takes the time to get the facts straight before he writes his comments.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

I agree that there is no place for the personal attacks (ie the comments about weight etc), it’s just stupid and uncivilized. However I disagree that his takes are fair and balanced. I’m not looking for a homer. But if you are going to take shots more often than not, and at times even go out of your way to do so (like in this case where he was commenting on the lighting in the arena) then I’m going to call BS. If you don’t see a stark difference from his takes prior to Projo versus once he had a larger platform then we can agree to disagree.
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Off topic but love the O2 lighting during the ATPTour finals....plays awesome on TV, great visual.

Perhaps Bill has hit on a great suggestion.....

Lights out! Uh huh!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

The dunk dims their upper tier lighting during games Too.
0 x
GO RAMS
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

We have to remember what our coverage from the projo was before Koch and keep things in perspective. We want this program to be a top 1-2 program in New England and to do that we should be close to selling out the Ryan every night. We continue to increase our season ticket base but we still aren’t where we need to be revenue and fan support wise compared to most on this board want to see this program. Don’t blame Kock for pointing that out, just shows his a journalist and not a URI booster like Kmac is for PC.
1 x
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

Heaven forbid a beat writer have an opinion that isn't positive :roll:

Koch does a great job. Yes, everyone is allowed to disagree with his opinion. Fine. However, commenting on his body says a lot more about you than it does his writing. Get a life.
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

CHICO 78 wrote: 5 years ago “I have to disagree. If he was fair and balanced there would be less gripes. There is plenty to criticize with the program and support and most level headed fans would acknowledge that. But there are also times where the positives could be highlighted. It’s finding a balance, and he tends to veer towards the cynical and takes a shot almost anytime the opportunity presents itself.”

I would disagree. Unless a reporter is an unapologetic Johnny Most Homer he is the anti-Christ. The slightest negative comment uttered turns some people on this board into snarling dogs who attack the reporter! I.e. said fat shaming!
Koch definitely more of a critic than will or Chris who tend to emphasize the positives. But there is room for both here. At least he takes the time to get the facts straight before he writes his comments.
Unless the team sucks. IIRC, it got pretty vicious in the other direction toward the end of the Baron years because some posters felt that beat reporters weren't shitting on the coaching enough. Always fun to see how the pendulum swings back and forth.
1 x
Bill Koch
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bill Koch »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago
ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago Nice to make the observation, but would be even better to just follow up with Ryan Center staff to answer the question and confirm there was any change in lighting and the reason. Not to mention upper deck wasn’t empty, but crowd was late to arrive for sure.

His MO is and has always been to take pot shots. Don’t recall a tweet last year about breaking attendance records, or how well Rhody fans traveled to DC or Pittsburgh. With friends like him who needs enemies.
If what I've been told by mutual acquaintances is correct, BAR, your professional background is in public relations and marketing. That makes us somewhat naturally opposed in terms of perspective. I get it. But to say I haven't noted attendance records or positives of any kind just isn't the truth.
I'll readily admit to having a different style than Chris or Will, both of whom do a great job in their own right. I can't be them. And sometimes, like anybody else, I might read back on something and wish I had framed it differently. But there is good and bad in any entity, and I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't at least attempt to illustrate both.
I did a little reading through some clips this morning and found the following excerpts that appeared in Projo over the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons -- mostly from last year. To portray me as some kind of enemy is simply false. And to do so because I'm occasionally critical or say things you don't like is disingenuous.

Creighton, NCAAs in Sacramento -- 'Terrell’s steal and runout jam with 1:59 to play made it a 16-point game, and the healthy URI contingent that made the trip got the party started early on the west coast.'

UNC Asheville -- 'The defending Atlantic 10 champions placed four players in double figures, and the 6,367 who jammed the seats well before tip – the largest crowd to witness a Ryan Center opener – loved every second.'

Providence -- 'The sellout crowd of 7,959 – the second-largest since the venue opened its doors in time for the 2002-03 season – was treated to a grudge match between two proper postseason contenders.'

George Mason -- 'The Rams returned to conference play with a bang on Saturday, jumping on George Mason from the opening tip and never letting up in front of an appreciative Ryan Center crowd.'
'George Mason (6-8, 0-1) called timeout after just 2:03, and this one was already just about beyond its grasp. Jeff Dowtin’s corner 3-pointer had the 6,383 on hand roaring, thrilled to be both out of the snow outside and watching the prohibitive league favorite in action.'

Duquesne -- 'The sellout crowd on Saturday was the first for an Atlantic 10 contest since the 2008-09 season.
URI’s 72-71 defeat in the regular season finale against Massachusetts was the last time every seat was filled for a conference opponent, and 71 games have passed since that night. Sales have been brisk for season’s last four home games, with Ryan Center officials expecting capacity crowds through the end of 2017-18.
It was something Hurley noticed on Wednesday. There’s usually a fair amount of Keaney blue in the seats at Rose Hill Gym, but the Rams’ New York alumni seemed to multiply from the team’s last visit in 2015-16.'

Davidson -- 'The overflow crowd of 7,743 was on fire as the Wildcats used a timeout staring at a 26-14 deficit, one that never crept into single digits again.'
'URI students began lining up at 1 a.m. to secure wristbands for Friday’s game, tokens that could be exchanged for a ticket before the 7 p.m. tip.
It was the second straight home sellout and third of the season for the Rams, who have enjoyed something of a spike at the box office coinciding with their winning ways. It’s something Hurley has noticed all the way to his regular Sunday morning mass at Kingston’s Christ the King Church, one presided over by Rev. Jared Costanza.'

Dayton -- 'The Rams rode their tenacious defense, terrific guard play and a rocking Ryan Center crowd to new heights on Friday night, with Dayton powerless to stop the new bully on the block in the Atlantic 10.
No. 18 URI surged on either side of halftime to wipe out an early deficit and the Flyers, 81-56, as the third sellout of the season roared its approval all the way to the final whistle.
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

BK, I didn’t imply that you never say anything positive, given the volume of success of the last 2 seasons that would be almost impossible anyhow. My point has only been in the balance.
0 x
Spook
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Spook »

Alright so I was out of line on the personal attack and apologize. I happen to be fatter and dumber than McNamara myself.

Everything else I stand by. It’s ball busting not reporting. I don’t expect glowing reviews on everything I’m not naive. Maybe I’m too dumb to understand why one wants to piss off their own followers. Continually.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

In regards to attendance, people were very late arriving to the game. I try to get there around 6:15-6:20 and see warmups, etc. I sat in 104 and the three rows in front of me were virtually empty for the first 5-7 minutes of the game. I still think the security screening is contributing to a lot of later arrivals combined with the parking situation.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Back to the freshman discussion, I’m a little concerned with the development. Comparing this class to other freshman around the country and they don’t look good at all. We use the adjustment reasoning but freshman on other teams are contributing much more then they are here and I’m not sure why. I’m holding a higher standard because of the high rated class we have. I could be prematurely judging here but just my observation from this week.
2 x
GO RAMS
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Thanks Rhodymob05 for returning this thread back to Harvard game analysis from the 30+ replies on some dumbass comment by Koch on attendance.

Yes, there are significant freshman on other teams making contributions to game outcomes that we are not seeing with the URI newcomers. It only proves that the recruiting rating systems are suspect and the one that said we had the best class in the A-10 wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. And I bought that Kool-Aid.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Before we leave

I want to thank Bill Koch for coming here and posting his slant....many reporters would run and hide.....
11 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Obadiah wrote: 5 years ago Thanks Rhodymob05 for returning this thread back to Harvard game analysis from the 30+ replies on some dumbass comment by Koch on attendance.

Yes, there are significant freshman on other teams making contributions to game outcomes that we are not seeing with the URI newcomers. It only proves that the recruiting rating systems are suspect and the one that said we had the best class in the A-10 wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. And I bought that Kool-Aid.
.......#Me Too......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

It’s still too early to evaluate the Fr. Go back and look at the box scores for the first 10 games Jeff’s Fr year. Then go look at his performance the last 10 games that year. I am not predicting anything regarding the Fr. It is just too early either way.
David Duke didn’t look good the first 3 games and has turned the corner the last 2 games.

I did expect more out of Harris and Martin early on but will continue to be patient. It also seems that Fr big men take longer to adjust. I watched games at the National Prep Showcase today. You couldn’t throw any of the players that I watched into a competitive D1 game right now and have them do well. That includes Bouknight.
1 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 5 years ago Does anyone else find it a bit alarming Fatts just flat out ignored Cox’s play and told him he wasn’t going to listen to him as they left the huddle?

Obviously the shot went in and all is well, but am I the only one who doesn’t like a player just straight up ignoring coaches orders, telling the coach that, and then doing their own thing?Next time that shot might not go in...

Just something to ponder.
Yes, it was fool’s gold. He was 1-18 from three in the last two games at that point. You are down by 1. Get the ball to Dowtin. Jeff drives - could score, get fouled, pass for an easy basket or someone puts in the rebound.

Fatts had just turned it over on the previous possession. Dowtin came of a screen and Fatts waived him off on thst possession.

I hope Cox’s comments to Fatts are different than what he said after to the media. It needs to be another learning experience. My comment would be don’t disregard my instructions again.
+1. There is never a scenario where a player goes against the coach and it's positive for the team long term. Understand they won and don't doubt Fatt's desire to win, but this could lead to issues down the road. Cox said the right things to the media, but I'm sure behind the scenes he had an unpleasant conversation with Fatts and hopefully nipped this in the bud.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

bkoeppen wrote: 5 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 5 years ago Does anyone else find it a bit alarming Fatts just flat out ignored Cox’s play and told him he wasn’t going to listen to him as they left the huddle?

Obviously the shot went in and all is well, but am I the only one who doesn’t like a player just straight up ignoring coaches orders, telling the coach that, and then doing their own thing?Next time that shot might not go in...

Just something to ponder.
Yes, it was fool’s gold. He was 1-18 from three in the last two games at that point. You are down by 1. Get the ball to Dowtin. Jeff drives - could score, get fouled, pass for an easy basket or someone puts in the rebound.

Fatts had just turned it over on the previous possession. Dowtin came of a screen and Fatts waived him off on thst possession.

I hope Cox’s comments to Fatts are different than what he said after to the media. It needs to be another learning experience. My comment would be don’t disregard my instructions again.
+1. There is never a scenario where a player goes against the coach and it's positive for the team long term. Understand they won and don't doubt Fatt's desire to win, but this could lead to issues down the road. Cox said the right things to the media, but I'm sure behind the scenes he had an unpleasant conversation with Fatts and hopefully nipped this in the bud.
I am not sure why Cox said anything about it at the press conference. He clearly didn’t need to mention Fatts whispering in his ear “wrong decision” when they broke from the huddle. If he was asked if that was the play called, he could’ve answered no and stated that they had options.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......I have no problem with either Fatts saying to Coach Cox and doing what he did, nor Coach Cox being totally honest with his comments on the play called and the result......it is both a coaches game and players game......imagine if you will what this Board would have been like loosing on a missed shot on the called play......and to Harvard at home......
Last edited by section(105) 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Not sure what you mean by your last point. Imagine the reaction if Fatts missed and then we found out the coach called the play for Jeff and Fatts ignored him. The easy comment would be why did Fatts think a three by him was a better play than Jeff driving to the basket. Especially since Fatts was 1-18 from three the last two games and Jeff was 13-19 that game.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

I agree with 83, that the comment to the media was odd, whether it happened or not.
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Not sure what you mean by your last point. Imagine the reaction if Fatts missed and then we found out the coach called the play for Jeff and Fatts ignored him. The easy comment would be why did Fatts think a three by him was a better play than Jeff driving to the basket. Especially since Fatts was 1-18 from three the last two games and Jeff was 13-19 that game.
If it hadn't worked methinks Cox wouldn't have said anything.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 5 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Not sure what you mean by your last point. Imagine the reaction if Fatts missed and then we found out the coach called the play for Jeff and Fatts ignored him. The easy comment would be why did Fatts think a three by him was a better play than Jeff driving to the basket. Especially since Fatts was 1-18 from three the last two games and Jeff was 13-19 that game.
Very likely the case
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 5 years ago
But the fan base and media would want to know why Dowtin never touched the ball. People would be questioning Cox and Fatts. The comment started with how the Board would’ve reacted. We would be on page 12 of this thread by now :)
1 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

CT Rhody wrote: 5 years ago We have to remember what our coverage from the projo was before Koch and keep things in perspective. We want this program to be a top 1-2 program in New England and to do that we should be close to selling out the Ryan every night. We continue to increase our season ticket base but we still aren’t where we need to be revenue and fan support wise compared to most on this board want to see this program. Don’t blame Kock for pointing that out, just shows his a journalist and not a URI booster like Kmac is for PC.
yeah, it was Paul Kenyon.

Koch is a pretty big step down from what he brought to the table.

on top of being a great writer, he actually wrote stories about the team and players. With Koch we just get game write ups and twitter 1 liners more appropriate for an open mic night

edit: mixed up my writers, it was Kenyon. 1 demerit to me
Last edited by Da_Process_Survivor 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Heh? Paul Kenyon covered URI until he retired, and then they hired Koch.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago Heh? Paul Kenyon covered URI until he retired, and then they hired Koch.
Side note I do notice Bill Reynolds is always sitting at the media table for each game, too. Bunky.
1 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago Heh? Paul Kenyon covered URI until he retired, and then they hired Koch.
good catch, i always confuse them for some reason. fixed it
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The more thought I give this game, the bigger its importance becomes. With so few home OOC games (5) this season, winning them all is key to a decent year. Harvard looks to have been the toughest home OOC opponent on paper. The fact that it came early for an inexperienced URI team made it even more difficult. Took a last second basket but the team did get it done.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Judging from this thread we are more active in the face of adverse comments than laudatory ones. Case in point, I earlier I posted a write-up from the game in the Harvard Crimson student newspaper which offered a positive view of the Ryan Center crowd and only one poster, hrstrat57, bothered to comment positively about it as compared to the 30+ posts on Koch's dim lighting comments.

I found the Harvard perspective much more illuminating. Let's face it, last week the Crimson had an A-10 week; on Tuesday they played at UMass and won a close game before a somnambulant crowd of 2,645, then on Friday they lost a close game before a frenzied Ryan center crowd of 5,494. The Harvards were impressed with the difference as we should also be.
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Sound words from Chris.
2 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago I agree with 83, that the comment to the media was odd, whether it happened or not.
So, I re-watched the end of the game after hearing the comments to see the exchange coming out of the huddle. It definitely happened.

I also think Fatts was right, Harvard was going to be all over Jeff. Meanwhile the defender sagged off Fatts a little expecting him to pass or drive to the hoop giving him a good look from deep. Probably his best look from deep all night.

Either way, both Fatts and Jeff have huge confidence in end of game situations which is why I am so bullish on this team. I think Cox’s comment to the media was an attempt to maintain that confidence and not get into his guy’s head too much.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rhodylaw wrote: 5 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago I agree with 83, that the comment to the media was odd, whether it happened or not.
So, I re-watched the end of the game after hearing the comments to see the exchange coming out of the huddle. It definitely happened.

I also think Fatts was right, Harvard was going to be all over Jeff. Meanwhile the defender sagged off Fatts a little expecting him to pass or drive to the hoop giving him a good look from deep. Probably his best look from deep all night.

Either way, both Fatts and Jeff have huge confidence in end of game situations which is why I am so bullish on this team. I think Cox’s comment to the media was an attempt to maintain that confidence and not get into his guy’s head too much.

Fatts was not right in flat out ignoring coaches orders, telling the coach he was wrong / ignoring the play, and then shooting a pull up 3 when he was 1-18 (!!!!) from three the last two games.

He made the shot which is great, but he was not right in his decision.

That’s straight up defiance.
1 x
Go Rhody