PC/URI Tickets

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
BleedBlue87
ARD

PC/URI Tickets

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Hoping someone can remind of what the deal was two years ago when we played at the dunk. I can't remember if single game tickets ever go on sale closer to the date or if the mini-plan is the only way in. For the life of me I can't remember.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: PC/URI Tickets

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Yes they always open individual tickets to public as you get closer to game.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I could be wrong but I don't think there were individual tickets two years ago to anyone who wasn't a donor or season ticket holder.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

It went to general availability as game approached, or at least it has all the other years cuz that’s how I get my tickets. I call Frisrs ticket office for one ticket.
2 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

Best bet is to buy a mini plan from PC and sell the other two games
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

FYI:

Today (11/12) PC 3 year season ticket holders have a chance of buying extra tickets to the URI game
Tomorrow (11/13) the remaining PC season ticket holders can buy tickets.
Whatever is left over will be available to the public. So if I were to guess it would be around the 19th of this month.

(They have a limit of 8 tickets per account)
1 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

PC tix up

Unread post by Rhodyram »

on sale at friars.com
0 x
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bpaz11 »

They are on sale today. 60 bucks for 200 level mid court. 50 bucks for 200 level end zone. https://ev6.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... =&appCode=
1 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

For $113 you can buy a 3 game mini plan(includes rhody game) for 2 seats in the 200s .
or
It will cost $105 for just 2 seats to the rhody game...
0 x
Pjhugnkiss
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Pjhugnkiss »

Call PC box office to avoid the fees the gauge you with online. Also the bar is on the 230 side of the arena
0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Rhodyram wrote: 5 years ago For $113 you can buy a 3 game mini plan(includes rhody game) for 2 seats in the 200s .
or
It will cost $105 for just 2 seats to the rhody game...
I'd rather save the eight bucks, not have to try and resell worthless PC tickets and not pad their attendance numbers. Bought my single tix.
3 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

In the past I have burned my money rather than give it to providence college.....I maintain that position.....
5 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Ramulous wrote: 5 years ago In the past I have burned my money rather than give it to providence college.....I maintain that position.....
I am with you. Definitely NOT buying their mini plan and adding another task to my list which would be having to sell/unload the tickets for the other games.
2 x
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Unread post by sandman012 »

bpaz11 wrote: 5 years ago They are on sale today. 60 bucks for 200 level mid court. 50 bucks for 200 level end zone. https://ev6.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... =&appCode=
Does this strike anyone as price-gouging? Rightly or wrongly I was stunned when I saw the price.
1 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

sandman012 wrote: 5 years ago
bpaz11 wrote: 5 years ago They are on sale today. 60 bucks for 200 level mid court. 50 bucks for 200 level end zone. https://ev6.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... =&appCode=
Does this strike anyone as price-gouging? Rightly or wrongly I was stunned when I saw the price.
Almost all teams dictate their prices depending on who their opponent is. It's supply and demand, demand is high, teams charge more to capitalize.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Dynamic pricing...its all the rage in sports these days. Pretty much everyone does it now.
1 x
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bpaz11 »

I thought the prices were a little absurd for a college basketball game and the location of the seats. That's why I made a point to note the prices in my post. I get dynamic pricing but 30/40 bucks would have made more sense in my opinion. This will be the first PC and URI game I'll miss in 10 years because of those prices. Be back at it next year when its part of my season ticket package.
1 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

The Red Sox have a 6th tier of pricing for next season. My seats almost double for some games. It's crazy
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

bpaz11 wrote: 5 years ago I thought the prices were a little absurd for a college basketball game and the location of the seats. That's why I made a point to note the prices in my post. I get dynamic pricing but 30/40 bucks would have made more sense in my opinion. This will be the first PC and URI game I'll miss in 10 years because of those prices. Be back at it next year when its part of my season ticket package.
I think that is because you are comparing it to URI and the Ryan Center which is definitely on the lower end of the price scale, even when dynamic pricing kicks in. But I'll tell you about Syracuse because I've looked at buying tickets before to go to the Carrier Dome. If you aren't familiar with the Carrier Dome, they basically play on a basketball court located primarily in an endzone would be for the football field. For them to play Cornell, you can buy last row endzone seats for $50 + fees. If you want to see them play Duke, you can buy endzone seats for $90 + fees. A little cheaper you can find some endzone seats for $75 plus fees. The catch is that the endzone seats that are available are the opposite endzone seats, so roughly 100 yards away from the court. These seats only open up for big games. That is an arena far bigger than the Dunkin Donuts Center, where upper row seats don't exactly offer the same view of the game. Unfortunately it is a supply and demand game. It's no different than Patriots charging $130 per seat for lower-tier games, $170 per seat for bigger games, and $220 or so for playoff games. Some think a college event should be cheaper, but if people are going to pay, charge accordingly. If no one pays, price decreases for all.
0 x
mjg13x
Jeff Kent

Unread post by mjg13x »

Rhodyram wrote: 5 years ago The Red Sox have a 6th tier of pricing for next season. My seats almost double for some games. It's crazy
Are you serious? Is that part of their new pricing system?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Looks like only singles left
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Rhodyram wrote: 5 years ago The Red Sox have a 6th tier of pricing for next season. My seats almost double for some games. It's crazy
They have done the tiered pricing for the last few seasons. The upcoming season is the first with 6 pricing levels. The extremes are a weekend game in the summer vs the Yankees can be more than double the price of a mid week April game vs Tampa. The box office sets the pricing.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

The Bruins have done this for at least four years. They added more tiers for the season in progress. Almost every game I bought tickets for had a different price for the same seats.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I'd wait and see what prices are at stubhub day of the game. PC losing by a lot to day does not help enthusiasm. Games against Iona and FDU prior to URI. If they lose one of those prices will fall.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ramster wrote: 5 years ago I'd wait and see what prices are at stubhub day of the game. PC losing by a lot to day does not help enthusiasm. Games against Iona and FDU prior to URI. If they lose one of those prices will fall.
They lost to Michigan today. They aren’t going to lose to Iona or FDU.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
ramster wrote: 5 years ago I'd wait and see what prices are at stubhub day of the game. PC losing by a lot to day does not help enthusiasm. Games against Iona and FDU prior to URI. If they lose one of those prices will fall.
A team that shoots 2-18 on 3 point FGs like they did today can lose to anyone. They did not look good today. PC already has had close games with Holy Cross and with Siena. They could lose to Iona.
Makai Ashton-Langford is playing worse than last season. He was #38 ESPN Class of 2017. He shot 3-25 on 3FGs last year and now 0-5 on 3FGs this year for 3-30. Jonathon Holton would beat Ashton-Langford in a 3 point shoot out. My guess is he transfers before this season is over. Can't have a point guard who can't shoot 3's or FTs. No idea how he was #38 on ESPN or what Cooley saw in him. He certainly hasn't developed.

I'll get my PC tickets later on. There will be plenty available the night before.
Last edited by ramster 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ramster wrote: 5 years ago
A team that shoots 2-18 on 3 point FGs like they did today can lose to anyone. They did not look good today. PC already has had close games with Holy Cross and with Siena. They could lose to Iona.
Makai Ashton-Langford is playing worse than last season. He was #38 ESPN Class of 2017. He shot 3-25 on 3FGs last year and now 0-5 on 3FGs this year for 3-30. Jonathon Holton would beat Ashton-Langford in a 3 point shoot out. My guess is he transfers before this season is over. Can't have a point guard who can't shoot 3's or FTs. No idea how he was #3 on ESPN or what Cooley saw in him. He certainly hasn't developed.

I'll get my PC tickets later on. There will be plenty available the night before.
Long rant on MAL. I am guessing you haven’t watched any of their games. MAL hasn’t started one game. MAL is averaging 8 1/2 mins/game (9th on the team). David Duke is the starting PG. Cooley is now starting 3 freshmen.

I will take PC and you take Iona in a bet :)
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

What did ramster say that was Incorrect? He just pointed out MAL’s poorer than expected play has continued into this season. All from #37 ranked player.
0 x
Donuts90
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Donuts90 »

Kid has struggled to develop; but looked just fine in this game last year. THAT is what Cooley, UConn, Hurley and everyone else who recruited him saw in him. Easy to be correct with hindsight.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Ramster is right; however, what is not mentioned is that they have two freshmen contributing in a big way. Which, at least for the time being, is two more than we have.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 5 years ago

Makai Ashton-Langford is playing worse than last season. He was #38 ESPN Class of 2017. He shot 3-25 on 3FGs last year and now 0-5 on 3FGs this year for 3-30. Jonathon Holton would beat Ashton-Langford in a 3 point shoot out. My guess is he transfers before this season is over. Can't have a point guard who can't shoot 3's or FTs. No idea how he was #3 on ESPN or what Cooley saw in him. He certainly hasn't developed.

Long rant on MAL. I am guessing you haven’t watched any of their games. MAL hasn’t started one game. MAL is averaging 8 1/2 mins/game (9th on the team). David Duke is the starting PG. Cooley is now starting 3 freshmen.

I will take PC and you take Iona in a bet :)
Looks like I’m not alone on thinking MAL will soon be out, if you don’t believe me how about his father?

https://247sports.com/college/providenc ... 124732842/
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Donuts90 wrote: 5 years ago

Kid has struggled to develop; but looked just fine in this game last year. THAT is what Cooley, UConn, Hurley and everyone else who recruited him saw in him. Easy to be correct with hindsight.
Hey Donuts, that's a very obscure Friar related tweet you found there. I wouldn't think any Ram fans would even know about it never mind be able to post it in such a timely fashion to this site.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago What did ramster say that was Incorrect? He just pointed out MAL’s poorer than expected play has continued into this season. All from #37 ranked player.
I thought Ramster was tieing in PC’s poor shooting performance to MAL. He isn’t playing. To say he is playing worse than last year and use 5 shots as your evidence is pretty weak especially when you use 3-25 from last year. MAL isn’t an outside shooter. He was recruited to play PG - distributing the ball & driving to the basket. When Cooley recruited Duke and AJ he promised them this playing time. I would say that MAL had very little impact last year and has no impact this year. Here are his stats.
This year 8.6 mins, 1.6 points, 0.2 assist
Last year 13.1 mins, 4.2 points, 1.7 assist

If he was bringing up MAL as a separate point from PC’s performance, I missed the separation.
0 x
Donuts90
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Donuts90 »

ATP,
It was on Twitter in a post from a URI grad fighting with his dad. Not exactly Sherlock Holmes type detective work.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago
Donuts90 wrote: 5 years ago

Hey Donuts, that's a very obscure Friar related tweet you found there. I wouldn't think any Ram fans would even know about it never mind be able to post it in such a timely fashion to this site.
That is just one of many items on social media from Mal's father. There is a long thread detailing much of this saga on one of the Friar Boards:

MAL Rumblings
http://friartownhoops.proboards.com/thr ... -rumblings
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I think MAL will transfer out of PC too. Anyone playing 4 minutes a game as a Soph with a Fr ahead of him should look to leave. Maybe he can transfer to UCONN:)
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago I think MAL will transfer out of PC too. Anyone playing 4 minutes a game as a Soph with a Fr ahead of him should look to leave. Maybe he can transfer to UCONN:)
At this point, only way MAL stays if Duke & MAL learn how to co-exist with MAL playing backup PG and playing a good amount of minutes as the #2.
His confidence is in the toilet, he's just not getting the PT... Makes a mistake and hits the bench.
I'm sure it's hard to watch a freshman (Duke) get that long leash to play through his mistakes and grow as a player.
I think MAL still has potential, but they aren't going to be able to unlock that if he's always one step away from riding the pine.
Given how MAL has played, you would have to think his transfer market would be limited.
Would have to think he's not sniffing any impressive P5 school.
Would also think he's probably not sniffing any aspiring A10 or AAC school.
Maybe would get a shot at some lower level P5, A10, or AAC school.
Given his family wanting to watch him play, some great landing spots might be Holy Cross, Northeastern, BU, UNH, etc.
Maybe someone a little better takes a shot on him to try to land his brother.
I think he would have to really flash to make himself marketable to anyone special, and at that point, do his minutes increase and does he stay and play?
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Yes, I am that petty and nitpicky when it comes to Tweets from people of the likes of Friar Frank. Couldn't even tag @GoRhodyRams in his tweet? I say this because he tagged Friar Athletics, too. I'm surprised he actually had @RhodyMBB in his tweet.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Let's not almost miss that he tagged unofficial Friar Basketball account. This is Friar Frank and Twitter isn't really his thing.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago What did ramster say that was Incorrect? He just pointed out MAL’s poorer than expected play has continued into this season. All from #37 ranked player.
I thought Ramster was tieing in PC’s poor shooting performance to MAL. He isn’t playing. To say he is playing worse than last year and use 5 shots as your evidence is pretty weak especially when you use 3-25 from last year. MAL isn’t an outside shooter. He was recruited to play PG - distributing the ball & driving to the basket. When Cooley recruited Duke and AJ he promised them this playing time. I would say that MAL had very little impact last year and has no impact this year. Here are his stats.
This year 8.6 mins, 1.6 points, 0.2 assist
Last year 13.1 mins, 4.2 points, 1.7 assist

If he was bringing up MAL as a separate point from PC’s performance, I missed the separation.
My point was that I would wait until later to buy PC Tickets because I don't see huge demand from their fans as in past years for this game. Many new faces for both teams. Saying that, I grabbed my tickets today.
PC is now starting 3 freshmen in Reeves, Duke and Nichols

Several ways to read this. One could be the Freshmen are looking better than expected, another would be that the returning players have not improved as much as expected. Certainly true about MAL who my guess is out in a matter of weeks. Maliek White has moved ahead of MAL fo rthe PG spot.
Jackson has been moved to the bench and shot only 1-12 vs South Carolina and Michigan, Nate Watson is off the bench - a guy who I thought would be starting by now although when I say him play in HS his coach had him come off the bench for the 2nd half and I was not so impressed with his play the one time I saw him, Holt is off the bench and seems to have a long road ahead but I liked him a lot when he was healthy.

I don't see Iona as an auto win as most would.

I think we win in Providence this year. I always to these games in Providence and I don't want to miss a victory
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago Let's not almost miss that he tagged unofficial Friar Basketball account. This is Friar Frank and Twitter isn't really his thing.
He loves dem Fryahs!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 5 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago I think MAL will transfer out of PC too. Anyone playing 4 minutes a game as a Soph with a Fr ahead of him should look to leave. Maybe he can transfer to UCONN:)
At this point, only way MAL stays if Duke & MAL learn how to co-exist with MAL playing backup PG and playing a good amount of minutes as the #2.
His confidence is in the toilet, he's just not getting the PT... Makes a mistake and hits the bench.
I'm sure it's hard to watch a freshman (Duke) get that long leash to play through his mistakes and grow as a player.
I think MAL still has potential, but they aren't going to be able to unlock that if he's always one step away from riding the pine.
Given how MAL has played, you would have to think his transfer market would be limited.
Would have to think he's not sniffing any impressive P5 school.
Would also think he's probably not sniffing any aspiring A10 or AAC school.
Maybe would get a shot at some lower level P5, A10, or AAC school.
Given his family wanting to watch him play, some great landing spots might be Holy Cross, Northeastern, BU, UNH, etc.
Maybe someone a little better takes a shot on him to try to land his brother.
I think he would have to really flash to make himself marketable to anyone special, and at that point, do his minutes increase and does he stay and play?
I see Maliek White ahead of MAL at this point and widening the gap.
Tough spot because Cooley gave MAL a lot of opportunity last year but he did not shoot 3's or FTs well - so it is a very tough spot for MAL because the HC and the Fans do not have confidence in him and he does not have confidence in himself

He needs a change of scenery just like hundred's of other D1 players do every year
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Also, if Billy GIlman is singing. Is he a country dude, or is he doing more of the Michael Buble thing now?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago Also, if Billy GIlman is singing. Is he a country dude, or is he doing more of the Michael Buble thing now?
I think Billy Gilman sang the national anthem once at the Ryan Center.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I am not sure of the secondary market for tickets but I believe PC announced there is less than 500 tickets left for the game. They increased their season ticket base to 7,500 plus they have 1,500 student season ticket holders. So starting with a base of 9,000. URI get 1,000 tickets for the game. It doesn’t take much to get to a sellout from there.

My theory is there is a good % of PC fans that will go to a big game who can’t tell you PC’s starting lineup.
2 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

My theory is there is a good % of PC fans that will go to a big game who can’t tell you PC’s starting lineup.
Same for URI and plenty of other schools in the United States.
Big games are always going to generate more interest.
All of a sudden there is a game of interest and no tickets are available.
Those are the sections of every fanbase that we call "fans."
3 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Agree RJ. PC probably has a larger base of the part time fans to jump on board. Being in Providence and PC being good for a long period of time. I know some PC fans that just go to the URI game every year it is at the Dunk and don't go to any other games.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I honestly like it when a student of the home team belts out the anthem.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago I know some PC fans that just go to the URI game every year it is at the Dunk and don't go to any other games.
Sure but again that's true of most schools. Last year PC/URI tickets at the RC didn't even make it to the general public. How many of those people were real fans versus people who just wanted to see URI/PC?
The bigger the fan base, the more people who are going to be bandwagon fans.
I'm sure the percentage of "fans" for all fanbases is roughly the same.
I'm sure proportionally URI and PC have the same amount of people who only care to attend marquee games.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Which is why this year's game will not have the same demand as last year and the year before.
Both teams are down from last year with lots of new faces. Not senior laden teams where fans knew the names quite well
My guess is ticket prices will steadily drop from now to game time
1 x