Exhibition: Coast Guard Academy- November 2, 7:00pm

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: Exhibition: Coast Guard Academy- November 2, 7:00pm

Unread post by ace »

It's Nik and Xavier............. and everyone else
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

i know its an exhibition but 6 assist to 1 turnover is good for Powell, and 8 steals as a team is also encouraging
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

23% shooting and 19 turnovers are also great defensive stats we havent seen in some time

given its prob a lot of bad offense too
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Just said Bigby is here for 1 year.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

I think there may be a rule where if you use a post-grad transfer waiver you only have 1 year of eligibility. Like I said before I don't know if this is true or not.
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

I'd thought it would be good to post the box score from each game in the game thread so everyone can look at it..this is done easily with the code function.

Code: Select all

HOME TEAM: Rhode Island
                                TOT-FG  3-PT		     REBOUNDS	
#	  Player Name	            FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA  OF  DE  TOT  PF  TP  A   TO  BLK  S  MIN
23	 MALESEVIC, Nikola...	f	 7-11	3-4	 4-4	0	5	5 	1	21  1	1	1 	1	24
34	 AAMAN, Mike.........	f	 1-2	 0-0	 2-2	4	5	9 	2	4	1	4	2 	1	23
01	 POWELL, Mike........	g	 3-7	 0-2	 1-2	0	2	2 	1	7	8	2	0 	2	28
05	 MUNFORD, Xavier.....	g	 7-12	2-3	 1-2	1	1	2 	1	17  2	1	0 	3	25
12	 MALONE, Andre.......	g	 4-12	1-6	 0-0	2	1	3 	2	9	0	2	2 	0	26
00	 BIGBY, Alwayne......	 	 4-7	 0-1	 0-1	4	7	11	1	8	3	0	0 	4	22
04	 HARE, Jordan........	 	 5-7	 0-0	 2-5	4	6	10	1	12  2	2	1 	1	15
20	 YOUNCOFSKI, Eric....	 	 0-2	 0-0	 1-2	0	0	0 	0	1	1	1	0 	0	8
22	 NAZARKO, John.......	 	 1-2	 0-0	 0-0	0	0	0 	0	2	1	1	0 	0	9
30	 PLUNKETT, Shane.....	 	 0-1	 0-0	 0-0	0	0	0 	0	0	0	0	0 	0	2
33	 BROOKS, Ryan........	 	 1-2	 0-0	 0-0	1	5	6 	0	2	0	0	0 	0	18
TM	 TEAM................	 	 	 	 	         3	0	3 	0	    0	 		
      TOTALS..............       33-65  6-16  11-18   19  32  51   9   83  19  14  6    12  200

TOTAL FG%	1st Half: 50.0%	2nd Half: 51.6%	Game: 50.8%
3-Pt. FG%	1st Half: 36.4%	2nd Half: 40.0%	Game: 37.5%
F Throw%	 1st Half: 66.7%	2nd Half: 60.0%	Game: 61.1%
ATP-if you don't want me to post these just let me know
Last edited by twisted3829 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

Yes this was an exhibition, but winning by 52 is nothing but a positive sign as far as I'm concerned. Sounds like we played hard on defense which is good news as well.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Love the box score! I really enjoyed sitting 2 rows from the Hurleys in the second half. Players have so much respect for the coaching staff. Eye contact. Supportive criticism when needed. All coaches involved.

NEW ERA
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

It's hard to say how this game will translate to the regular season. Jordan Hare looks awfully young and needs to develop more physically. Yet, because CG was so small, he got a double-double in less than 20 minutes of playing time. Nick and Mumford dominated offensively, and Powell has developed under Bobby's tutelage. My biggest takeaway is the intensity of their defense. Even when they were up 30 and 40 points in a meaningless game against a weak opponent, they played as if they were down 2 in the A10 championship game. They always seemed to be in the passing lanes, disrupting the CG offense. The other takeaway is that they seemed to be playing under control and intelligently.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rhodyRams08
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by rhodyRams08 »

Best part of the game for me was Dan Hurley. He did not sit once during the game and was coaching from opening tip to final buzzer.....very refreshing to see.....what a difference from baron putting an ass print on the bench too Hurley who was in constant motion....instructing..teaching...coaching...encouraging all his players
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

ATPTourFan wrote:Love the box score! I really enjoyed sitting 2 rows from the Hurleys in the second half. Players have so much respect for the coaching staff. Eye contact. Supportive criticism when needed. All coaches involved.

NEW ERA
Did he get in the huddle right away or did he wait for the first horn to sound (I'm joking of course)
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Here's my take on what I saw tonight.
Late arriving crowd. Twenty minutes before the game, I was thinking how embarassing the crowd was.
I saw exactly what I expected to see from this team.
Relentless defense. Swarming. Causing disruption, turnovers and easy baskets.
Offfense began slowly, and turned it on after the first five minutes or so.
Powell was what a point guard should be. Totally under control, looking to pass first, taking the shot when he had it.
Scoring is going to come from Nik, Munford and Malone, in addition to Powell.
When these guys get hot from the outside, all at once, they are going to give other teams problems.
Munford is a player! I really like this guy.
Nik was sharp. Could be a huge season ahead for him.
Bigby is going to be a low risk contributor. Does a lot of little things, and seems to have court awareness.
I like Hare, for what I think he'll be. Was very aggressive on offense. Seemed good around the hoop. Needs to work
on his free throws.
Somebody behind me said Aaman reminded him of Shengalia. Ouch! He didn't seem as fast down the floor as the rest of the team, but worked hard underneath. Didn't finish well, but it's his first game.
Brooks looks in good shape and provides size off the bench.
This team is very likeable! They will hustle and never stop playing defense.
Defense shows up every night, even when the shots aren't falling.
Hurley called a couple of timeouts, when he saw things he didn't like.
I know it was against Coast Guard, but it's watching a team with a real coach, and that team executing
what they're coached. That's exciting. That's entertaining.
Can't wait for next Friday!
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

One more note.
One of our guys was on crutches, with a boot.
I assume it was TJ.
If it was him, I wouldn't expect to see him play
anytime soon.

This from Gil, It's killing him to not be playing:

0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Thanks for all the input from your guys that were there. It was exciting even to just listen to the game online tonight, but I really can't wait to get my first look at this team on Friday (assuming it will be streamed).
0 x
Rhody4324
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Rhody4324 »

rodfromcranston wrote:One more note.
One of our guys was on crutches, with a boot.
I assume it was TJ.
If it was him, I wouldn't expect to see him play
anytime soon.

This from Gil, It's killing him to not be playing:

Gilvydas Biruta
@Gi7vis
@RodfromCranston I can't wait to b a part of the winning plan that @dhurley15 @BobbyHurley11 @ has!I want to put on the jersey already!

AJ Kemp was the one on crutches. TJ is nursing a foot injury and should be back within the month.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow, great reports guys very encouraging
0 x
Wickfordram
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Wickfordram »

Thanks for the insight from those that were there. Cannot wait to see the team play the style of basketball I've been waiting to see for years.
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Rhody74 wrote:It's hard to say how this game will translate to the regular season. Jordan Hare looks awfully young and needs to develop more physically. Yet, because CG was so small, he got a double-double in less than 20 minutes of playing time. Nick and Mumford dominated offensively, and Powell has developed under Bobby's tutelage. My biggest takeaway is the intensity of their defense. Even when they were up 30 and 40 points in a meaningless game against a weak opponent, they played as if they were down 2 in the A10 championship game. They always seemed to be in the passing lanes, disrupting the CG offense. The other takeaway is that they seemed to be playing under control and intelligently.
74 you couldn't have said it better, regardless of the opponent the intensity on defense trough the whole game was great. In your face man to man for 40 minutes. My first impression of hare is he has quick feet and a knack for the ball from a rebounding perspective. He will struggle at times this year against some of the bigger bodies he will face but by the beginning of his junior year he will be an absolute beast.
I spent a lot of the game watching the Hurley coaching his team. Love how he doesn't even have a chair and continues to coach every thing. He lets his players know when they make mistakes but in a way that is respectful of the player and he makes his point.

There will be bumps this year but the program is finally headed in the right direction.
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

One very strange stat for the game.... Coast Guard did not attempt a free throw the entire night. Even though we were playing very tough defense all night, we did not take a lot of fouls. That tells me that players have been taught not to take the silly type fouls, the reaching type, fouls 30 feet from the basket....another improvement from past years...it's amazing what a little coaching can do.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I remember how smothering the UMass defense was under Calipari; it was difficult to even get off a shot. They used to substitute a whole 5 player unit and keep up the intensity. If we can even come close to that, it would keep us in a lot of games. I did not get to see the game, but it sounded like that is what we are working towards.

I do have two concerns about this type of defense this year:

- lack of depth; fouls will happen especially against better/faster players
- this also has to do with depth-will they tire as the season and games go on? Bobby was asked that on the post game show, and he thought that shouldn't be an issue since most teams use an 8-9 man rotation even when playing this type of defense. Conditioning is the key.
0 x
Issac
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Issac »

It's hard to judge the Rams from a game played against an inferior team like Coast Guard, but there was much to encouraged about. The team came out and looked unified and spirited like we never saw last year. The coaching staff was fully engaged and and was continuously barking instructions. In one timeout, Dan pulled Aaman by the jersey to get him into his huddle - inattention will not be tolerated by this coach.

The team showed jitters in the first seven minutes of the game; missed shots, turnovers, and a lapse in defense when the CG broke the press with an uncontested lob pass down court to an CG player for an easy lay-up with no Ram within 40 feet. For a second I thought Jim Baron was back. But the Rams then got going with a 21-0 run to blow open the game. With the outcome not in doubt, attention was devoted to individual player performance.

You have to be impressed with the play of Munford as an offensive threat on a team that will have scoring woes. Munford can hit the three, but also showed nifty moves around the basket. His three steals were impressive. Needs better FT shooting. Powell did a good job as PG as shown by his 8 assists. Saw little of that last year. He did get beat several times on the ball against D-3 opposition, so it will be interesting to see if Mike can improve against D-1 level teams and keep up with other PGs such as Chaz Williams. Mike Aaman came off as oafish. 4 TO's was not good. He has terrible feet and appears to be an accident waiting to happen. To his credit his play did improve over the time he played. Very impressed with Hare and he showed some great rebounding moves. Great hands. He will make us forget Jonathan Holton. If anything he did not take mindless threes. Nikola seems on the rebound and found his shot. He will be critical to offsetting scoring droughts. Nikola handling the ball on the dribble is not a pretty sight. Andre Malone has lost his outside shot. Andre did show show nice moves in scoring around the basket, but his overall play was so-so. Ryan Brooks seems to have acquired some intensity, certainly a Hurley contribution. Bigby showed his experience and court savvy and will add to this team.

Exhibition games against teams of the caliber of the Coast Guard are meaningless, witness the two runaway wins last season against Ryerson and RIC from a team that ended up winning seven games. The CG game only provided the opportunity to see what the newcomers were all about. I was very encouraged by the Rams defensive intensity, but again this was against inferior competition. On the offensive side, I was a bit more discouraged. This team lacks offensive threats and so forget seeing 80 or more points often this season. No Taco Bells.

I do agree that this team is very likeable.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Did Isaac just criticize Baron?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Please don't start down that road. We have a nice thread going here.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

It was obvious from the competition last eve that CG is an inferior foe, sure that is to be expected, basketball isn't exactly the reason folks join the coast guard, that being said CG was a team that looked well coached, just over-matched. Players were where they were supposed to be, working for open shots, working for rebounding position, looking to outlets, filling lanes, etc...Unfortunately for CG, URI was also playing like a well coached team, in years past, Rhody would have taken that game, but it would have been strictly because our players were better athletes. For a young team, early in their development, Rhody did not disappoint. Not even a moment of frustration was felt by this viewer, you can already see coaching beginning to overwhelm old bad habits. With the exception of transition plays nobody had the ball for more than 3 or 4 seconds at a time. There is a lot of work to be done, really you can tell they will never stop working, but from last nights showing I think we can ratchet up our expectations once again, at least I will be, ever the optimist as most know...
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

My big disappointment of the night was the size of the crowd. I realize it was an exhibition but I would have figured all the regulars would have shown up to see the new coach.

One other thig about the defense and lack of fouls, as Dan was walking out after halftime he looked at Nik and said no fouls. I thnk much emphasis has been placed on playing defense without reaching
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Ryan Rowdy
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Ryan Rowdy »

You guys also have to remember, Southern RI was hit very hard by Sandy and many are still without power.

I'm sure that played a role in getting to the game.
0 x
What Would Jon Clark Do?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Does anybody know the approximate attendance?
0 x
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Coast Guard may have been the worst exhibition opponent we've ever played. PA guy confused one of the walk ons that got in at the end with AJ Kemp. High marks to Nick and X. Hare will be a player but needs to bulk up. Very skinny. Projo this morning quotes Hurley as saying Hare's limited mins due to practice effort ( paraphrasing)
0 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote:Does anybody know the approximate attendance?
3210 tickets distributed, per the official box score.

I, for one, was pleased with the turnout for the exhibition game. I would think that we will have a solid showing next Friday with a good opponent and the women's game doubleheader.

I hope the Lady Rams can also put on a good show.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I'd guess 1,500 or so. Hard to tell, because people were spread out all over the arena.
If we have a similar crowd next Friday, I'll begin to think our fanbase is all talk, no action.
This is the change we wanted and the coach we wanted.
He's shown early on, that he can deliver.
Now, what about our fans? Are they content to talk about the team, or do they want to
make the effort and expense to actually support this team?
Where are all the blowhards that said they'd get season tickets, if Baron was canned?
Talk is cheap. Tickets aren't.

PS, the PA guy was off all night. Not telling who the subs were, and getting the name wrong with Kemp and another walk on.
Also, it looks like they're trying to replicate the chaos and noise during timeouts, like at the Dunk.
I always liked to talk to people around me about the game during timeouts, but between the blaring music and the hysterical
announcer, not gonna happen.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Did students show up for the game? I think that's the key. There were times last year when I bet there were less than 100 students at games. We need lots of students there making lots of noise.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Continued to be impressed with Bigby: 11 rebounds, 4 steals. Non-stop hustle; gets his hands on a lot of balls.
Hurley was sending a message to Hare: work harder in practice if you want to play a lot of minutes. I think he'll get the message.
Was impressed how under control Nik was. Opposite of last year.
Hopefully the shots start falling for Malone. He's been ice cold in scrimmage and this game.But he's playing harder and trying to be a leader.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Rod

My opinion exactly about the fans. I was one of the boycott until baron was gone and I was there last night. I was talking to someone about why I hadn't been to a game in six years and I said I was back because we finally had a real college coach and a woman siting next to them looked at me with a look like saying how dare you say that
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote:Continued to be impressed with Bigby: 11 rebounds, 4 steals. Non-stop hustle; gets his hands on a lot of balls.
Hurley was sending a message to Hare: work harder in practice if you want to play a lot of minutes. I think he'll get the message.
Was impressed how under control Nik was. Opposite of last year.
Hopefully the shots start falling for Malone. He's been ice cold in scrimmage and this game.But he's playing harder and trying to be a leader.
Speaking of being a leader, they said on the radio last night that Malone is the Captain of the team. I was a little surprised. I though Nik would be the Captain, or at least Co-Captain. It's possible Steve McDonald was wrong, but that's what he said.
0 x
Issac
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Issac »

I thought the crowd was fair. The game atmosphere put on by Athletics was great especially given it was an exhibition game. The Mob seemed energized. The cheerleaders and Ramettes were outstanding as was the pep band. The Ramettes now total 21 hotties. I liked the intermission game of musical chairs with the five dudes dribbling a basket ball and making a shot. The winner will not only need some luck, but it also requires some skill at quickly making a lay-up. And the prize being tickets to a Patriots game ain't bad.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

as long as its not for this weeks game ;-)
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
RhodyO
Abdul Fox

Unread post by RhodyO »

Anyone see the monster alley oop that munford threw down? He has ups for a 6'2 sg
0 x
RamJam
Abdul Fox

Unread post by RamJam »

Yes... too bad we dont have him 4 years!
0 x
Issac
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Issac »

In following some ex-Rams: Stevie Meija wil be in action today as Hofstra plays an exhibition contest versus Queens College. East Carolina U. does not play an exhibition so Akeem Richmond will not see his first action as a Pirate until next week.

Also, Canisius played an exhibition last night against Ryerson, a URI exhibition game rival of last year. The Griffs won 77-54 with Billy Baron being the game's high scorer with 22 points and 5 assists on 33 minutes of playing time. Game attendance was 838. What a comedown from UVA.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Issac wrote:In following some ex-Rams: Stevie Meija wil be in action today as Hofstra plays an exhibition contest versus Queens College. East Carolina U. does not play an exhibition so Akeem Richmond will not see his first action as a Pirate until next week.

Also, Canisius played an exhibition last night against Ryerson, a URI exhibition game rival of last year. The Griffs won 77-54 with Billy Baron being the game's high scorer with 22 points and 5 assists on 33 minutes of playing time. Game attendance was 838. What a comedown from UVA.
Did we ever find out where guys like McKoy, Shengalia and Vedder went? I'm a little curious to see what they're doing as well.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Vedder is at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), division 2 school. McKoy is at Crowley College, a community college in Kansas, I think. Shengalia is now an Albany '13 recruit.
0 x
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

rodfromcranston wrote:I'd guess 1,500 or so. Hard to tell, because people were spread out all over the arena.
If we have a similar crowd next Friday, I'll begin to think our fanbase is all talk, no action.
This is the change we wanted and the coach we wanted.
He's shown early on, that he can deliver.
Now, what about our fans? Are they content to talk about the team, or do they want to
make the effort and expense to actually support this team?
Where are all the blowhards that said they'd get season tickets, if Baron was canned?
Talk is cheap. Tickets aren't.

PS, the PA guy was off all night. Not telling who the subs were, and getting the name wrong with Kemp and another walk on.
Also, it looks like they're trying to replicate the chaos and noise during timeouts, like at the Dunk.
I always liked to talk to people around me about the game during timeouts, but between the blaring music and the hysterical
announcer, not gonna happen.
Mike Mancuso was doing the a10 soccer tournament. Not sure who the fill in was.
0 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ace wrote:Vedder is at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), division 2 school. McKoy is at Crowley College, a community college in Kansas, I think. Shengalia is now an Albany '13 recruit.
Vedder looks like he's been hitting the weights.
http://www.iupathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball&
0 x
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

Billyboy78 wrote:
ace wrote:Vedder is at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), division 2 school. McKoy is at Crowley College, a community college in Kansas, I think. Shengalia is now an Albany '13 recruit.
Vedder looks like he's been hitting the weights.
http://www.iupathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball&

Wow, he looks BIG!
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

ATPTourFan wrote:Love the box score! I really enjoyed sitting 2 rows from the Hurleys in the second half. Players have so much respect for the coaching staff. Eye contact. Supportive criticism when needed. All coaches involved.

NEW ERA
Atp where were you second half I was right behind Stevie Mac
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Rhodyhooopz wrote:My big disappointment of the night was the size of the crowd. I realize it was an exhibition but I would have figured all the regulars would have shown up to see the new coach.

One other thig about the defense and lack of fouls, as Dan was walking out after halftime he looked at Nik and said no fouls. I thnk much emphasis has been placed on playing defense without reaching
I think Hurley is probably more of the mindset that if you have no foul s you are probably not playing aggressive enough defense
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Quite the opposite.
Bob Hurely preaches what Hoopz said.
Be aggressive without fouling.
If you're in foul trouble, you can't play aggressively, and therefore
hurt the team.
Watching this team, if I'm an opposing coach, I'd jam the ball
down low all night. Brooks will get some minutes, by default.
As for Hare. we don't need one of the few people with size, looking to take 3's.
Our 3 point shooting is what we're going to live and die with this season.
Nik, Munford, Malone and Powell. If two or three get hot from the perimeter. look out!
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

My brother looked at me during the game and said, "a lot of teachable moments." Exactly.
Hurley talked to players when they came out of the game, offering tips, criticism.
At one point Hurley took Powell out of the game for trying to pick the pocket of the other PG. In the past, mistakes were tolerated against weaker foes and thus repeated in games that mattered.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Rhody Guy wrote: Atp where were you second half I was right behind Stevie Mac
I was right behind Chris DiSano, 2nd row.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

rodfromcranston wrote:Quite the opposite.
Bob Hurely preaches what Hoopz said.
Be aggressive without fouling.
If you're in foul trouble, you can't play aggressively, and therefore
hurt the team.
Watching this team, if I'm an opposing coach, I'd jam the ball
down low all night. Brooks will get some minutes, by default.
As for Hare. we don't need one of the few people with size, looking to take 3's.
Our 3 point shooting is what we're going to live and die with this season.
Nik, Munford, Malone and Powell. If two or three get hot from the perimeter. look out!
I agree. I think the halfcourt offense will be all about getting Munford, Malone and Nik open looks, and a lot of them from 3 point land. I think Munford and Nik will be fairly consistent from the outside. The wild card I think will be Malone. He seems like a very streaky shooter to me. He might have a night where he is 3-12 from the field, and the next game he might hit four 3 pointers in a row. I don't see a lot of offense coming from inside. The big guys will have to get their points from putbacks and an occasional alleyoop to Hare. If they can create a lot of turnovers on defense and turn them into points, they will be competitive in many games. If they can score off of turnovers AND the outside shots from the three shooters are falling, they can beat some good teams. It should be very interesting and a lot of fun!
0 x