11/13 | at Charleston Cougars | 7PM

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Re: 11/13 | at Charleston | 7PM

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Another point...there has been a lot of talk about our offense, but our defense gave them a number of drives to the hoop for fairly easy layups. Our guys weren't quick enough with their feet on the perimeter and inside they were often too slow on the rotation. Things i'm sure they will work on.

Give CoC some credit too. I don't care what level or league you are in, to win 18 in a row at home you have to be doing something right.
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 5 years ago Frustrating in that the game was there for the taking at the end. Definitely some teachable moments. Not sure about Preston's 14 footer or CL's baseline jumper. Cyril was a beast, but i don't want to see him putting the ball on the floor or trying to move with the ball 15 feet from the basket. He has to catch and lay in or put back missed shots. Not sure why he was the focal point of the offense the last 2 minutes.

As for Fatts, shooters gotta shoot. If he makes one he probably makes another. As bad as his night was, he had a decent look from 3 that would have made it a 3 pt game with 2 mins left.

Whoever says this team sucks....Fatts should take the bus home...etc....Thinking the team can do without your support...
Amen!
8 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Well just awful shooting , but I've seen that a lot in the past even with veteran teams such as last year's group . the freshman seem
very timid on offense , reluctant to shoot, but then firing it up without conviction . No timidity from Fatts, but he rushed every shot
and looked hurried all night while forcing up bad shot after bad shot . Martin was the only frosh who seemed to settle down some in
the second half. Offense seems to be pretty much ignoring Harris . I saw him open from three a couple of times where he is supposed
to be good , but it doesn't look like fatts and Jeff believe in him yet . Harris hasn't shown much so far but they aren't exactly feeding him.
Langevine was able to show some skill around the basket and Jeff had an okay game . They played decently on the defensive end for the
most part , but they have got to relax on offense and stop rushing shots . We will see how they look at home against Harvard. they can't
shoot much worse . they could have lost by 20-30 if they continued to shoot as they did in the first half . I have to try to remind myself
that it was career road game number one for most of the players . It was very disappointing, but not the end of the season or anything. They have
to relax and play with some confidence on Friday to beat a decent Harvard team. Hope we see some of what the coaches saw in HS from
the freshman soon . I'm forcing myself right now to give Harris a few games to show us why he was so highly rated. It can't come soon enough.
I was not that impressed by C OF C . They could have easily lost this game if URI had shot the ball even mediocre in the first half.
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Elm City should just take this year off. Come back next year when the players all have a year experience under their belt.
Ha - I’m too much of a fan to do this

I already got my PC tix <gulp>

Go RHODY
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Deja vu all over again. On the road URI takes 16 more shots than opponent but makes just one more basket. Opponent takes 11 more free throws and out scores URI at the line by 12. I remember seeing numbers like there’s quite a bit in 14-15 and 15-16 and they were the harbinger of good things to come. Keep the faith.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

89er wrote: 5 years ago Its almost unfair to Fatts that he is put in a position to lead. I feel he is not emotionally ready to handle that as he tends to rush things. In a perfect world, he'd still have Jared to teach him how to lead on the job.
The PG for CoC was a Freshmen. Jeff Dowtin led URI to the NCAAs as Fr & Soph PG.
Fatts got toasted by a kid playing in his 3rd college game. Please.
Fatts needs to do some soul searching and Coach Cox needs to help him.
I would prefer Jeff at PG but we don’t have an experienced SG.
I thought the best lineup tonight was the brief stint that Thompson played SG.

I think early in the season the Juniors and Senior should see a lot of playing time.
Experience matters.

Much better 2nd half. Let’s build off that and show we are a better shooting team against Harvard at home.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Few thoughts on tonight’s game.
1) We rebounded well. CL looked good rebounding the ball and Preston got in there as well. Decent for a young team.
2) We obviously didn’t shoot the ball well. I’m not overly concerned with that. I don’t think we’ll shoot 10% from 3 in most games. We didn’t take that many bad shots, just didn’t hit our shots.
3) One big negative was our floor spacing, which especially hurt us in the end. It should get better with more time playing together.
4) Team defense. Needs major improvement. This was the backbone of last years team. This should also get better with more playing time together.

All in all, our major issues should improve with playing time. That’s why people need to take a step back and calm down. We’re used to a team that played together for 4 years. The new guys have to get used to one another.
4 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 5 years ago Another point...there has been a lot of talk about our offense, but our defense gave them a number of drives to the hoop for fairly easy layups.
That's what I thought. Maybe some occasional less than stellar shot selection, scattered turnovers, but it seemed like every time you turned around, a Coug was making a layup.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Really? Maybe I just saw it differently but what I observed offensively is Dowtin doing plenty of dribbling and fatts doing a lot of dribbling and awful shot selection. Harris barely touched the ball, I feel like the vets don’t have confidence in the freshman but just static energy. Some good plays for sure but lots of “what do I do?”
Last edited by Rhodymob05 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
GO RAMS
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Unread post by NC_Ram »

one observation from Charleston. CT played his butt off against Riller. This guy was the CAA player of the week and CT pitched a near shut out in the 1st half.
3 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

SandorClegane wrote: 5 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago I also forgot what sad and bitter shitheads our fans can be when a game doesn’t go well. Buckle up, guys. You’re going to have a long year if this is how you’re going to be for every loss. There will be more of them this year.
Agreed.
Chill. Rough game. On to the next.
The only thing more disappointing than this FIRST GAME ON THE ROAD WITH A YOUNG TEAM AND NEW COACH was the responses on some of the knuckleheads on this board .... dopes
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I watched it all and it was a tough game to lose but we were outplayed and had a few chances to get back in the game late

Not impressed with Harris at all he needs to finish those easy baskets or at least get to the line where he shoots it well

I think Martin is the best of the Frosh. I like to see him get more minutes

I also agree have Jeff with the ball facilitating and play Fatts off the ball

Fatts couldn't hit the side of the barn and we still had a shot to win. He will get it going

Don't like Cyril in a post up situation with game on the line .

Preston needs better shot selection in key spots

We will have growing pains for sure with this team
1 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Most impressive stat of the night was Cyril played 38 minutes. Although I think this game showed just how little depth we have. 9 guys played but Silverio, Tate and Preston got 7, 4 and 8 minutes respectively.

Overall I wasn’t too surprised by the game, figured we’ll have games where we struggle to score. Will probably be a similar year to 14-15 when we relied heavily on our defense to keep us in games and have no idea what to expect from the offense.

Also anyone know if Tate was injured or is he likely not as ready as people thought?
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Anyone have link to post game presser or interviews?
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Anyone have link to post game presser or interviews?
What I’ve seen posted so far:

0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

josephski wrote: 5 years ago Most impressive stat of the night was Cyril played 38 minutes. Although I think this game showed just how little depth we have. 9 guys played but Silverio, Tate and Preston got 7, 4 and 8 minutes respectively.

Overall I wasn’t too surprised by the game, figured we’ll have games where we struggle to score. Will probably be a similar year to 14-15 when we relied heavily on our defense to keep us in games and have no idea what to expect from the offense.

Also anyone know if Tate was injured or is he likely not as ready as people thought?
Tate not playing in the second half surprised me. He started against St Johns and Pace. Coach Cox has praised his readiness in interviews. I don’t know if he was worried about their size.

Harris looks nervous. Let’s remember back to Hass’ first half of his Fr year. Give Harris some time. He played good D and rebounded well. The scoring will come once he settles down. It took for the second half for Martin to settle down.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
josephski wrote: 5 years ago Most impressive stat of the night was Cyril played 38 minutes. Although I think this game showed just how little depth we have. 9 guys played but Silverio, Tate and Preston got 7, 4 and 8 minutes respectively.

Tate not playing in the second half surprised me. He started against St Johns and Pace. Coach Cox has praised his readiness in interviews. I don’t know if he was worried about their size.

Harris looks nervous. Let’s remember back to Hass’ first half of his Fr year. Give Harris some time. He played good D and rebounded well. The scoring will come once he settles down. It took for the second half for Martin to settle down.
Yea I’m definitely not worried about Harris, he’ll figure it out eventually. Still unsure of what to expect from Thompson. He’s always been more of an outside shooter but has never really been too aggressive on offense. Hopefully come the A10 season Martin and Harris can combine for around 15 points a night.
1 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Still not sure what to make of this year's team. I didn't watch the game, but it looks like they struggled. 19 points in the first half against Charleston is not a good sign.
It's a young team and based on what I saw in against Bryant, the Freshman have a lot of defensive improvements they need to make. In my mind, I'm waiting to see what they look like by the time they play Holy Cross. I think I'll have a good gauge on whether Cox is improving the team and whether the Freshman are improving in certain areas or not. I certainly don't think this team will make the tournament this year unless they somehow pull everything together by the A10 tournament. I'm thinking this will maybe be a .500 or hair over .500 season for Rhody. Hope I'm wrong!
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I would've liked to see Thompson drive it more and take more shots.
0 x
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Unread post by mstyles22 »

Some of you need to calm down. Think about EC's early games as a Freshman. Or what about when JT was shooting around 20% thru December of his Freshman year. Or when Jimmy Baron wouldn't look for his shot or Hass was a fouling machine on D. The list goes on, and those are the best players in the recent history of the program.

There will be bumps along the way.

And I have to laugh at the buyers remorse I'm seeing with some of you re: Fatts. He's a volume scorer/microwave type player who was thrown into a starting role. He did not play well tonight but based on what I've seen from him historically, I think he'll settle in and we're lucky to have a player like him.

My 2 cents if they're even worth that:
- Gotta keep feeding Harris and running sets for him. After he missed a few bunnies you could tell he was in his head and JD/Fatts stopped looking to him on pick and pops. Just let him shoot his way out of this, get some buckets and get some confidence.

- CT needs to be a more focal point of the offense. Not that it's saying much, but right now I have the most confidence in him as an outside shooter.

- CL had a big game but they went to the well too many times at the end. Would have been a perfect time for the aforementioned CT 3-point attempt.

- Tate had two bad turnovers, but is that why he didn't get minutes? Perhaps Cox figured "All of the frosh look rattled so why play one more?"

- This year has a very 2015-2016 feel to it (minus the devistation of EC's injury) If you recall, Jarvis and JT had to grow up fast and that's what we'll see from Fatts and CT. Jeff and CL are the leaders of this team and need to keep everything together when things get tough, which they for sure will.

- Give our kids a chance. Let's see how this season plays out and who knows, maybe they start playing good ball down the stretch. The talent is certainly there.

Go Rhody!
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Harris has played 36 minutes in his career and is 0-6 from the field we need to get him going

Tate probably didn't play in the 2h because we were trailing and CL played 38 minutes

Need to right the ship vs a tough Harvard team
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

After reading all of these posts, only one thing to say.

They will get better.
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Did we expect this team to come out a polished, well oiled machine? Have to face adversity to build. Most people expect 14-15 losses this season, well, here’s the first of many. These guys will find their groove, I’m not the slightest bit worried. We know what we are capable of when firing on all cylinders, and vice versa...have to take the bitter with the sweet.
2 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

They played well to get back in it and with 4 minutes left started rushing things. Reminded me a lot of 2 years ago early in the season where we were losing games at the end. Throw out the first half tape, that won’t happen again.

For those putting down CoC, I thought they were a tough team that made big shots. Not as skilled as us but they were a quality college basketball team that will be in the NIT level, top 100ish team this year. No shame losing on their court as long as we learn from the end of the game.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Did we expect this team to come out a polished, well oiled machine? Have to face adversity to build. Most people expect 14-15 losses this season, well, here’s the first of many. These guys will find their groove, I’m not the slightest bit worried. We know what we are capable of when firing on all cylinders, and vice versa...have to take the bitter with the sweet.
.......my answer to the question is no.......however, I was expecting more than what I have seen from the freshmen, not competing for A-10 players of the week, but a few moments and plays that provide a take notice of the what is to come......crawl before you creep and all that.....Fatts seem to have total green lite to burp it up anytime.......not sure that is in this team’s best DNA going forward......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

These guys didn't have the right mindset. Young teams like this have tons of potential. Last year everyone already was who they were going to be.

URI just has to keep their heads down and fight. Fight like hell the next few days and see if you can beat Harvard at home. Should be fun.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

My guts telling me this is still an adjustment stage for players and coaches and that we will look back after finally getting it together and laugh. Hope I'm right.
1 x
GO RAMS
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

They also lost at Valpo in 2016. Same type of game. That last group never came out and won a game on the road like this early in the season. It's ok.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Some of you guys make me wonder if you have ever watched college basketball. I was not (and remain) skeptical of the hire but 50+ minutes coming from frosh and then players formerly used to playing second fiddle to EC/JT now settling into alpha roles. There is plenty of talent on this team. Just need to let it come together a bit.
3 x
wgracie99
Jeff Kent

Unread post by wgracie99 »

rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago After reading all of these posts, only one thing to say.

They will get better.
The players or the posters?
5 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Playing on the road is not easy in college basketball. It is why the high profile teams rarely ever do it in the OOC when they control scheduling.

URI has now lost its last six straight OOC true road games at Charleston, Alabama, Nevada, Houston, PC, and Valpo. It is 4-13 in these type of games in the last six seasons. The schedule for this year will not help matters with just five OOC home games, the lowest number since the Ryan Center opened. Furthermore, Rhody will play six straight games away from Kingston in the first four weeks of December. This is the longest such stretch in a regular season than I can ever recall. Games at PC and vs West Virginia (Mohegan Sun) will be very tall orders. Even games at Holy Cross and vs Bucknell will be tough.

Many people may be disappointed with a loss to a team like Charleston because it is not a sexy name. Given that the home team is typically victorious 2/3 of the time, a loss last night was the norm. Keep this in mind in the next few seasons when URI travels to places like Florida Gulf Coast, Middle Tennessee, and Western Kentucky. Given that URI is only likely to play true road games at P5 or fairly strong mid-tier teams, wins will be hard to come by.
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

wgracie99 wrote: 5 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago After reading all of these posts, only one thing to say.

They will get better.
The players or the posters?
The players. There's no hope for us
4 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Unless you are RJ Barrett, Zion Williamson , Cam Reddish or that type of talent, the college game is a big adjustment for freshmen. Cole Swider was a top 50 (40 something ) recruit. A few nights ago, he scored zero points and fouled out. But it wouldn't surprise me if he is Villanova's leading scorer next year as a sophomore. Our freshman are going to struggle. Get used to it. We'll see how quickly they can improve. I have confidence that 4 of them will. As far as Fatts goes, I don't have a problem with Cox giving him the green light. Fatts just has to learn what is a good shot and what is a bad shot. That also will come with experience. I picked us to go 14-16 this year because we will have a hard time winning road games. I also said that I think we'll be very good next year. Patience is the key word this season! Apparently, some here don't have any.
3 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

People bitching about Fatts today should step away from their computers for a couple hours and pop in the tape of the Providence and Oklahoma games last year. Dude is going to be fine. He is going to play himself into the lead scorer role, but it may not be beautiful every game along the way. As he spends more time in that role, he’ll develop a better sense of the shots he should be taking and the possessions he should be using. I trust him to figure that out and am not at all surprised he hasn’t done it one real competitive game into having that role.

(ETA: even once he gets all the way there, he’s going to have games where his FG % is not great. That’s the life of a volume scorer. Hopefully for URI those tough shooting nights are fewer and farther between, and he learns to figure out early when when of those nights is going and focuses on impacting the game in ways other than eating shots.)
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

yes, the bitching on Fatts and others is over-the-top. I get being critical and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but damn it is overwhelming at times on this board with how many posters complain. I need to step away at times cause I'm so dumbfounded.

The positives here are all about the 2nd half. They got back to almost steal the thing or atleast almost get it to a one possession game, the shooting was a lot better in the 2nd half, and its great tape to use and learn from. I'm optimistic for a winning season and hopeful for a NIT bid, that is my expectation in my mind. Others can have a different opinion, i'm cool with it, but as others have pointed out, this is a young team and road games will be pretty difficult. We will learn and develop, but everyone here needs to have patience
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Fatts will have a bad games, obviously.

But we as fans are allowed to get pissed over a 2-15, 0-10 from 3 performance with some bad shot selection.

It works both ways.
0 x
Go Rhody
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 years ago Fatts will have a bad games, obviously.

But we as fans are allowed to get pissed over a 2-15, 0-10 from 3 performance with some bad shot selection.

It works both ways.
Of course you are. I don’t think anyone was pleased with his performance, but those fans proclaiming the second coming of Baron and “this team sucks” have gone way overboard. This team is going to lose double digit games this year.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

I think we have to step back and look for gradual improvement with this team throughout the year. As leaders Fatts, Dowtin and Cyril will have to help the younger guys develop and find ways to be successful. I am the first to get mad and was very critical after the Fordham game two years ago and St.Joes last year. We have to treat this season differently than last year as realistically our best opportunity to make the NCAA tourney is to develop this team and win the postseason A-10. We are not getting an automatic bid this year. I think we will look back to these games at the end of the year and see the improvements of all the players with not just the freshman, but the veterans who are stepping into leadership roles. We lost 6 of our top 9 players. This isn’t Duke. I hope we get to see more of Tate and Silverio going forward also.
1 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago

It works both ways.
Of course you are. I don’t think anyone was pleased with his performance, but those fans proclaiming the second coming of Baron and “this team sucks” have gone way overboard. This team is going to lose double digit games this year.
There also was a comment made about Fatts "taking a bus back" or "not getting on the plane" if he shoots like that again. My point was it annoys me to see crazy posts like that, its very Skip Bayless like, and that dude is a ratings whore and absolute douche
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I have officially relinquished my title of Chief Gloom and Doomer to......several others it looks like.

Even I knew we were going to struggle for a while.

Check that...72 was always Number One....but I was the head volume doomer lol.....
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

wpbrown8267 wrote: 5 years ago

It works both ways.
There also was a comment made about Fatts "taking a bus back" or "not getting on the plane" if he shoots like that again. My point was it annoys me to see crazy posts like that, its very Skip Bayless like, and that dude is a ratings whore and absolute douche
all of those comments were made by 1 poster...

and that is an era Fatts needs to get better in. when its not your night shooting, become more of a facilitator/not forcing bad shots
1 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Da_Process_Survivor wrote: 5 years ago
wpbrown8267 wrote: 5 years ago

all of those comments were made by 1 poster...

and that is an era Fatts needs to get better in. when its not your night shooting, become more of a facilitator/not forcing bad shots
there was other commnets, maybe not to that extreme, but some that were aggressive. Ok, moving on from it

I agree about what said with Fatts, but that is part of his development and in a new role
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yes Fatts definitely forced things too much in that 1st half.....don't expect to see a repeat of that, at least to that extent.
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

I agree, If Fatts shot isn't falling he should get into the lane an either dish it or draw the foul.
He is so quick that there isn't many people who can really stop him from penetrating.
Although even his free throws(4 attempts) were only 50% last night. If he had even had a poor night
shooting instead of a terrible one we might have won the game. But you cant just chuck
it up from 25 feet all night if they aren't falling. I think there needs to be some
coaching to that effect and in time ( hopefully short) Fatts will get it.
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I def agree with some of the stuff being said about Fatts, but this was his first bad shooting game in his new role. He'll learn.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Anyone worried about any of the freshman, especially Harris or even Fatts after 3 weeks of practice, 2 games, maybe should take at least a month off from watching the Rams. I have great confidence, that in time Harris will not only be a good player but an absolute star in this league. And Martin I think will be the Dowtin type that proves to be much better than originally thought. Is it unusual for the Freshmen to look a bit nervous in their first road game? I think not. Martin seemed to settle down in 2nd Half and showed glimpses of great ability.

As far as Fatts, I think anyone that watched him last year knows what he can do. And you should also know that he is a very streaky player and you are going to suffer with some bad nights with him to go along with some great nights. And it cannot be underestimated the role he will be expected to have to take this year. It is a major difference as a player to come in as a fringe player to provide a spark with a bunch of great seniors in front of you, then it is to be someone that is relied on for leadership and a great deal of offense. It more often than not will take some time, not 2 games.

After 2 games, I think it's a bit early to make career projections on anyone. I am definitely not worried about Fatts, Jermaine or Tyrese out of anyone, even Dana.
Go Rhody
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

At least until Jan/Feb we will need Jeff, Fatts and Cyril - all 3 of them - to produce big numbers and perform close to their best to beat good teams, especially on the road. If any 1 of them has a horribly off night (ie Fatts last night) we won't have enough ammo from Freshmen and CT to beat a good team. I expect in time that dependence to lessen as the Frosh are able to become more consistent and the game slows down for them. But until 2019 anything they give us is gravy.

My 1 counter on Fatts is this, he cannot become a volume scorer or we won't be a good team. He has to remain aggressive and be an alpha out there, but he has to learn a good shot from a bad one and try to take as many good ones as possible while limiting the bad shots. He is a 'heat check' player and there will be times he forces the action, that I can live with and its what makes him so dangerous to go off. But he can't have nights where he hoists up 5-6 really bad shots too often if we want to have any type of success this year. I can remember at least 3-4 from last night that were just really low percentage shots.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 5 years ago I def agree with some of the stuff being said about Fatts, but this was his first bad shooting game in his new role. He'll learn.

he's a 35% shooter over his career.. hope he learns soon

i am behind all the Rams and will cheer them on

I can live w/ off shooting nights, but i hate bad/dumb shots

hoisting up 3's and forcing shots last night really tried my patience

of course it was compounded when they don't drop..

Go Rhody.

Hopefully game by game we improve as we go thru the growing pains.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Fatts adds many dimensions to the Rams play, but my concern is his three point shooting. He is no Jimmy Baron, not by a long shot. Yes, on this metric he was great in the Brown and PC games and excelled in the five post season games (42% three point shooting), but beyond those games he struggled on threes. For example, in 18 conference games last year, Fatts put in a total of 14 treys, a 21% rate. So his 3-point shooting is not confined to just having a bad game alone. For one thing I don't like the way he sets his feet prior to launching a shot.

It's no wonder that opponents zone the Rams.
0 x
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Unread post by sandman012 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago My guts telling me this is still an adjustment stage for players and coaches and that we will look back after finally getting it together and laugh. Hope I'm right.
Your brain should be telling you that.
0 x