'19 PA C - Naheem McLeod (Florida State ---> Syracuse)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: '19 PA C - Naheem McLeod

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

bd5c993bd2f7dd946103619d8e40b81a--best-movie-quotes-tv-quotes.jpg
bd5c993bd2f7dd946103619d8e40b81a--best-movie-quotes-tv-quotes.jpg (16.77 KiB) Viewed 4252 times
1 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

If I had to choose between Walker and Mccleod.

I would choose Mccleod.

We already have a bunch of forwards and good ones at that.

We have Cyril and Tertsea at Center in two years.

There is more upside to having Mccleod than Walker.

7'3 guys that are good impact the game A LOT.

Can you imagine having Mccleod out there with a senior Cyril against some regular A-10 team? Or Mccleod and Harris?
Fatts alley oops in the lane to Naheem?

Sign me up!

Rod would be doing cartwheels in heaven watching a big guy like that.
3 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

I would agree with above, let’s land McLeod and move forward. He seems like the perfect recruit to top this class off.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

MCLeod
Long
Mading
Hammond

Pretty darn good job by the staff
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

reef wrote: 5 years ago MCLeod
Long
Mading
Hammond

Pretty darn good job by the staff
This would more than likely be the top class in the A-10. Some great potential within this class.
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

In two years you could have a 7’2,6’10,6’9
Front line With a 6’6, 6’3 back court. In the A10 that would be scary
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

That is if he signs here which he hasn't yet. We did the same thing with Bishop and to a lesser extent with Walker after his visit on how these guys would look in our lineup and it didn't happen. Hopefully they can get this done over the next week with McLeod. He would be a great addition and changes the look of the class. I still think I would much rather have Walker if I had to choose as he is a stretch 4 that can really score and is more of a sure thing than McLeod. Potential and talent are great, but give me the more established player that can score. With that being said let's get McLeod committed to Kingston soon.
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

"That is if he signs here which he hasn't yet. We did the same thing with Bishop and to a lesser extent with Walker after his visit on how these guys would look in our lineup and it didn't happen." -  by RamStock » 3 hours ago

So true unfortunately. Really it's not a sure bet until the NLOI is signed!!! People don't back out of verbal's that often but it has been
know to happen.

Come on Naheem - sign up so we can all move forward!!!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

So just a quick sanity check here - Naheem does in fact have an offer, right? Forgive my laziness of not going back thru the thread, but maybe one of our recruiting experts can just confirm so that I can update the title if warranted?
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago So just a quick sanity check here - Naheem does in fact have an offer, right? Forgive my laziness of not going back thru the thread, but maybe one of our recruiting experts can just confirm so that I can update the title if warranted?
I changed it, both 247 and Verbal Commits are showing an offer.
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Re: '19 PA C - Naheem McLeod (Offer)

excerpt from earlier in this thread. Just let these numbers roll around in your head.

Leader Johnson: How have you done this AAU season? In what game did you have the most impact?

Naheem McLeod: I would say I have done alright; I had a triple double with 18 points 15 rebounds and 10 blocks

That would sure look good in a Rhody Box score!!!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If we don't get Walker and we are truly recruiting for 5, why not both McLeod and Somerville? McLeod backs up Cyril next year while Somerville sits and learns. In 2 years, Cyril is gone. We would have a rotation at the 4/5 of Harris, McLeod and Somerville with Somerville backing up both positions. Then next year we focusing our recruiting on 2 high quality guards.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I don't know that we are necessarily recruiting for five - I think we'd take five if Walker wanted in after McLeod had already committed. As it is, we will have to create room for the fourth guy; having to create room for the fifth guy would only make sense if that guy is a program-changer, as Walker would be.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He’s looking for help on doing commitment video.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

As long as he's committing here.....help him someone!
2 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

I think it is pretty simple in terms of McLeod. If he comes back to URI next weekend than he will give us a verbal prior to him leaving. Why else would he come back? Florida State has attended some games in the summer with assistant coaches, but that is about it. They have not made him a priority like URI. The thing I’m wondering about is although I said yesterday I thought we might have only 4 scholarships at the max for 2019 is why would Somerville still be visiting URI? We obviously don’t want him I would think if we are getting McLeod, but is there that chance that they end up with both? I hope not in terms of Somerville.
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago I think it is pretty simple in terms of McLeod. If he comes back to URI next weekend than he will give us a verbal prior to him leaving. Why else would he come back? Florida State has attended some games in the summer with assistant coaches, but that is about it. They have not made him a priority like URI. The thing I’m wondering about is although I said yesterday I thought we might have only 4 scholarships at the max for 2019 is why would Somerville still be visiting URI? We obviously don’t want him I would think if we are getting McLeod, but is there that chance that they end up with both? I hope not in terms of Somerville.
Until McLeod makes his decision we're going to continue to recruit Somerville, and that's why Somerville's official visit is still scheduled.

I don't think anyone is certain what school McLeod will choose or when he will make his decision.

Is it even certain he's returning to Kingston for Rhody Madness next week?
Last edited by reckless jake 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

reckless jake wrote: 5 years ago
RamStock wrote: 5 years ago I think it is pretty simple in terms of McLeod. If he comes back to URI next weekend than he will give us a verbal prior to him leaving. Why else would he come back? Florida State has attended some games in the summer with assistant coaches, but that is about it. They have not made him a priority like URI. The thing I’m wondering about is although I said yesterday I thought we might have only 4 scholarships at the max for 2019 is why would Somerville still be visiting URI? We obviously don’t want him I would think if we are getting McLeod, but is there that chance that they end up with both? I hope not in terms of Somerville.
Until McLeod makes his decision we're going to continue to recruit Somerville, and that's why Somerville's official visit is still scheduled.

I don't think anyone is certain what school McLeod will choose or when he will make

Is it even certain he's returning to Kingston for Rhody Madness next week?
100% certain.

He’s said it several times on IG Live/Story.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Because coaches (and me) get nervous when a kid has a great visit but weeks later still hasn't pulled the trigger.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

URI should put together the video for him. This year’s three verbal commits all did still pictures.
There seems to be two companies that do these videos and get the advertisement of their name out there.
I am guessing they don’t charge the kids.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

So next week slash weekend is the time that McLeod could commit, come join the party Mcleod, perfect opportunity for somebody with his skill set!
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Does anyone follow FSU recruitment closely enough to know how many guys have to say no until they get to McLeod? Seems like it’s still a rather lengthy list.
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Hopefully Kai Jones commits soon to FSU, I would think that will knockout McLeod’s visit to FSU...hopefully
1 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

There are at least four higher rated centers with offers from FSU that are listed on 247Sports as “Warm.”
1 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

KevanBoyles wrote: 5 years ago There are at least four higher rated centers with offers from FSU that are listed on 247Sports as “Warm.”
Yeah, I thought there was a few. I think Jones (according to 247 crystal ball) has FSU favored to get him, even though crystal ball is not always accurate
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

McLeod is an absolute must now next weekend with Walker off the board. Somerville shouldn’t even be a consideration. This last move will define how the recruiting class is looked at. Let’s get McLeod.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago McLeod is an absolute must now next weekend with Walker off the board. Somerville shouldn’t even be a consideration. This last move will define how the recruiting class is looked at. Let’s get McLeod.
Agreed, this is a must have now.
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Agree with the above and I think Ace said it in the AW thread, I think McLeod is close to a commitment (knock on wood)

He’s had an unofficial in June, official in September, now coming to Rhody madness next weekend. Also seems to chat it up on Fatts and Cyril’s IG lives at times. Time for Cox to close him and get a commitment next weekend or very shortly after, early next week
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Someone asked him when his commitment date is and who’s leading, he replies “waiting on God to finish his plan”....
1 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Someone asked him when his commitment date is and who’s leading, he replies “waiting on God to finish his plan”....
lets simplify this, he is obviously waiting to see how the FSU situation pans out. There are a few centers in front of him and if they go elsewhere, I would put good money he's going to FSU. He's either waiting on FSU or someone else, but that's what has to be holding up the decision. Obviously risk involved with Somerville in the back round for URI, but he could always go to Lasalle or VCU if he waits too long and misses on FSU and URI goes in another direction.

I really thought he would have pulled the trigger by now, because unlike walker he really didn't have anything planned visit wise (except for FSU) after us. Lets just pray one of the centers signs with FSU soon.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Looking at FSU targets they only have one other C who visited or is visiting. It is Kai Jones (Brewster Academy) who has completed all of his visits. He is ranked #53. He only visited 3 schools. FSU leads in CB at 50%.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am not worried about FSU at all , I feel we are in the drivers seat for MCLeod
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Someone asked him when his commitment date is and who’s leading, he replies “waiting on God to finish his plan”....
:roll:
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago
:roll:
Have we considered that god is the name of the guy making his commitment video? No?
3 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

If we can finish this class with McLeod then it will be a solid four man class. One could argue it would be a top 3 class in the last 25-30yrs. Agree? Disagree?
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Top 3 would be a very tough claim to justify today. If McLeod signs, it would be four players with great potential, certainly.
But three of them have played against lower levels of competition and may struggle physically at first.
The one player in the class that is physically ready (Long) has to develop his skill set.
With no one you can point to and say "without doubt, he will be a solid contributor next year", it will take few years to rate this group.

I agree with Ace, this class has a decently high ceiling, but also a much, much lower floor than a Bishop-Walker led class.
To me this ended up as a 'players that complement the 2018 class" class. Not horrible, but top 3? Not today.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

rhodyblue12 wrote: 5 years ago Top 3 would be a very tough claim to justify today. If McLeod signs, it would be four players with great potential, certainly.
But three of them have played against lower levels of competition and may struggle physically at first.
The one player in the class that is physically ready (Long) has to develop his skill set.
With no one you can point to and say "without doubt, he will be a solid contributor next year", it will take few years to rate this group.

I agree with Ace, this class has a decently high ceiling, but also a much, much lower floor than a Bishop-Walker led class.
To me this ended up as a 'players that complement the 2018 class" class. Not horrible, but top 3? Not today.
100% agree with there being no sure fire contributors right out of the gate, but clearly one or more of this recruits could easily prove us wrong.

However, what other three classes just based off national rankings coming out of HS would you put in front of them? Clearly last years but what others?
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

CT Rhody wrote: 5 years ago If we can finish this class with McLeod then it will be a solid four man class. One could argue it would be a top 3 class in the last 25-30yrs. Agree? Disagree?
Pretty tough to do without one player in the top 175. I get that rankings aren’t everything, but we have had Martin, Matthews, Tyrell, Harris who were highly rated I past years. We got transfers in Iverson and Robinson who were top 75 recruits which I get is a different topic. We have had some very highly ranked talent the last 3-4 years whether by recruit or transfer. Can we sustain it with many guys that have potential? We will see. The 2018 class will be the key to this. Tyreses Martin was severely underanked and should have been a top 150 player probably.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago
CT Rhody wrote: 5 years ago If we can finish this class with McLeod then it will be a solid four man class. One could argue it would be a top 3 class in the last 25-30yrs. Agree? Disagree?
Pretty tough to do without one player in the top 175. I get that rankings aren’t everything, but we have had Martin, Matthews, Tyrell, Harris who were highly rated I past years. We got transfers in Iverson and Robinson who were top 75 recruits which I get is a different topic. We have had some very highly ranked talent the last 3-4 years whether by recruit or transfer. Can we sustain it with many guys that have potential? We will see. The 2018 class will be the key to this. Tyreses Martin was severely underanked and should have been a top 150 player probably.
Martin did finish top 130 on 247 sports in fairness to him. McLeod has an 80 score on ESPN and was a top 100 prospect until their latest update. Essentially we’ll finish with three top 200 recruits with Mading being the high ceiling under recruited type to round out the class.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

We are saying all this after Cox has been head coach for not even ONE SEASON. Can we allow the product to show and prove first. Can we see what transfers fall in our lap? We still have the #1 class in the A10. Allow the process to begin before coming to a conclusion.
2 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago
We are saying all this after Cox has been head coach for not even ONE SEASON. Can we allow the product to show and prove first. Can we see what transfers fall in our lap? We still have the #1 class in the A10. Allow the process to begin before coming to a conclusion.
Agreed. Let it play out before we pass judgement as one of the best also!!!!!
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Ughh.

Let's just get our giant center and get on with the season already!

Tired of this recruiting crap!
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

PeterRamTime wrote: 5 years ago Ughh.

Let's just get our giant center and get on with the season already!

Tired of this recruiting crap!
One more commitment away until we can all do this! Come on McLeod, make this happen!
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Doing more research on McLeod, he was top 100 within ESPN’s rankings before the latest update and is 119 within 247Sports top 250 rankings. I can see him taking the role Preston fills this year for his freshmen year and just expanding on that role as Cyril graduates.

Last guy we need, let’s go!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Kai Jones announcing tonight at 8PM.
1 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago Kai Jones announcing tonight at 8PM.
Hoping for a FSU verbal
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Looks like most experts are expecting a Texas verbal...will be interesting to see if they go after Mcleod immediately after Jones falls through
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Not looking good.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Not looking good with McLeod? Uggh
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

DC have you heard anything directly with Mcleod? Or are you referring to Kai Jones and possibly going to Texas
0 x