‘19 F Anthony Walker (Miami ---> Indiana)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: ‘19 MD F Anthony Walker (Offer)

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 5 years ago Another canceled visit?
Did he verbal to Pitt?
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Hearing he may have pulled the trigger.
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago
Hearing he may have pulled the trigger.
DC, I think ur right again...unfortunately

Here is a IG post about 20 mins ago ending with a hand holding a pen

0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Not sure how you read into that post that he committed. The pic is him walking around the football field high fiving the fans. An empty and I meam empty Heinz Field. I don’t think it looks good for Rhody but I don’t get what he means by “In a game full of liars, it turns out that I am the truth”. On his IG story he posted “like and comment on my recent post”which he does all the time. Then he posted a milk shake and then a pic of the post above all scratched out with handwriting over it that I believe says “New post!”and has arrow pointing up in the corner. Good luck interpreting all of that.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Not sure how you read into that post that he committed. The pic is him walking around the football field high fiving the fans. An empty and I meam empty Heinz Field. I don’t think it looks good for Rhody but I don’t get what he means by “In a game full of liars, it turns out that I am the truth”. On his IG story he posted “like and comment on my recent post”which he does all the time. Then he posted a milk shake and then a pic of the post above all scratched out with handwriting over it that I believe says “New post!”and has arrow pointing up in the corner. Good luck interpreting all of that.
At least Walker was decent enough to smile in the picture when we did the in home visit. Bishop looked like we stole his dog. The social media things with recruits in general has kind of become a joke. They all get to toot their own horns and say “look at me.” Times have changed.
2 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Not sure how you read into that post that he committed. The pic is him walking around the football field high fiving the fans. An empty and I meam empty Heinz Field. I don’t think it looks good for Rhody but I don’t get what he means by “In a game full of liars, it turns out that I am the truth”. On his IG story he posted “like and comment on my recent post”which he does all the time. Then he posted a milk shake and then a pic of the post above all scratched out with handwriting over it that I believe says “New post!”and has arrow pointing up in the corner. Good luck interpreting all of that.
Sorry I didn’t see his latest post when he scribbled it out

What I was emphasizing on was the “pen in hand” emoji. I know kids can’t sign yet, just thought that might have some meaning, maybe a silent commitment, but maybe I am way off.

I’m sure he will have some big announcement with all the production similar to Dahmir when he does commit, whenever that is. I just hope it’s quiet this week and he gets to his OV next weekend, then maybe we have a shot
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah just get him on his OV then maybe we can seal the deal
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I think the pen is just there because it’s a lyric.

Social media may be new, but talented young people liking to hear good things about themselves and to receive compliments and hype is not. Let them live.
4 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

I can’t tell you how excited I was for the last few months following Bishop and Walker, but i’m at the point now that I hope he just gets it over with and signs with Pitt so I can stop following him on Instagram and Twitter. It’s getting to be too much to stomach. He is running around the stadium giving people high fives on a recruiting visit at a football game. Cmon. It felt good to unfollow Bishop and expect to do the same with Walker tomorrow. My own fault obviously for following these guys, but trying to find a silver liner and it really is getting old with all the self promotion. Lol.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Confirmed this morning that his visit is still on.
4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Confirmed this morning that his visit is still on.
I have to say I'm a little surprised. I thought he'd commit to Pitt before our visit.
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago I can’t tell you how excited I was for the last few months following Bishop and Walker, but i’m at the point now that I hope he just gets it over with and signs with Pitt so I can stop following him on Instagram and Twitter. It’s getting to be too much to stomach. He is running around the stadium giving people high fives on a recruiting visit at a football game. Cmon. It felt good to unfollow Bishop and expect to do the same with Walker tomorrow. My own fault obviously for following these guys, but trying to find a silver liner and it really is getting old with all the self promotion. Lol.
Dude, this process obviously stresses you out a bit too much.
Give the kids their moment in the sun.
When you were 18 yrs old, if you had been announced at a game with 34,000 people and cheered, you would have thought it was cool too.
Hopefully, the players and their parents are smart enough to see through all of that and think about what is best, long term.

We have built up the Bishop-Walker thing too much on this board.
We will get good players, no doubt.
4 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Obviously Ramstock wasn’t around for the JT recruitment. Might have killed him lol.
7 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago
I have to say I'm a little surprised. I thought he'd commit to Pitt before our visit.
He could still do that.
The initial thought with Walker was that he wanted to go to Kansas on Sept 28th and if Kansas offered he would accept.
So the expectation was that he wouldn’t announce a commitment until after Sept 28th.
As others have mentioned these are 18 year old kids being wowed on visits. They can change their mind any time.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago
He could still do that.
The initial thought with Walker was that he wanted to go to Kansas on Sept 28th and if Kansas offered he would accept.
So the expectation was that he wouldn’t announce a commitment until after Sept 28th.
As others have mentioned these are 18 year old kids being wowed on visits. They can change their mind any time.
Oh, ok. I thought you meant that he was definitely keeping our visit next week.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago Obviously Ramstock wasn’t around for the JT recruitment. Might have killed him lol.
I was around. I think it almost did. It might have taken 3 years off my life-lol.We actually lost it until the coaching change. That was a great moment. I think with Bishop it was tougher than Walker because of the relationship with Fatts.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago I can’t tell you how excited I was for the last few months following Bishop and Walker, but i’m at the point now that I hope he just gets it over with and signs with Pitt so I can stop following him on Instagram and Twitter. It’s getting to be too much to stomach. He is running around the stadium giving people high fives on a recruiting visit at a football game. Cmon. It felt good to unfollow Bishop and expect to do the same with Walker tomorrow. My own fault obviously for following these guys, but trying to find a silver liner and it really is getting old with all the self promotion. Lol.
Not to be too harsh here or anything, but this sounds like more a problem with you then it does with the 18 year old athletes who like when they have fans.
5 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

adam914 wrote: 5 years ago
Not to be too harsh here or anything, but this sounds like more a problem with you then it does with the 18 year old athletes who like when they have fans.
Adam914-not too be too harsh, but I really don’t care what you think!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago
adam914 wrote: 5 years ago
Adam914-not too be too harsh, but I really don’t care what you think!
Good, you totally shouldn't!
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago Obviously Ramstock wasn’t around for the JT recruitment. Might have killed him lol.
I was around. I think it almost did. It might have taken 3 years off my life-lol.We actually lost it until the coaching change. That was a great moment. I think with Bishop it was tougher than Walker because of the relationship with Fatts.
Which coaching change?
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

ace wrote: 5 years ago
Which coaching change?
Oklahoma State assistant that has recruited Terrell left
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Which coaching change?
Oklahoma State assistant that has recruited Terrell left
He changed his mind for a few reasons, not just Middleton.

Ah, memories...
http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f=8 ... ell#p41372

Page 62 remains a classic 😂
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Pitt is the favorite.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

That’s BS they play at a NFL stadium.
1 x
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Pitt scheduled visit at school with Karim Coulibaly (6’ 9”PF).
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Pitt scheduled visit at school with Karim Coulibaly (6’ 9”PF).
That has to be a good sign for URI. Or maybe Pitt is just doing that to pressure Walker into making a decision earlier. Hopefully we can get him on campus and have a chance in this.
0 x
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Unread post by FattsAndFurious »

CT Rhody wrote: 5 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Pitt scheduled visit at school with Karim Coulibaly (6’ 9”PF).
That has to be a good sign for URI. Or maybe Pitt is just doing that to pressure Walker into making a decision earlier. Hopefully we can get him on campus and have a chance in this.
One is a PF/C and the other is a SF/PF. I don't think Coulibaly is anything more than a backup for Wahab to Pitt. I doubt it means much for Walker.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Pitt isn’t near the lead for Coulibaly. St Joe’s Tulane & PC are the front runners. They are late entries as is UCONN. They are both listed at 6’8”. Coulibaly is listed as 230 lbs and Walker is 200 lbs.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Pitt basketball message board not very active about Walker (9 total post).
https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/th ... er.137335/

Pitt lost 3 out of their top 4 scorers from last year’s team. Does Walker realize how bad they are going to suck for his first couple of years at least. They were 0-18 in the ACC last year. Predicted to finish last again. Their fans on their board are debating between 0 to 3 wins in the ACC.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

At least he would start lol. Someone tell me how kids who want to go pro shy away from programs who have talent and would test their ability?
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Let's hope rhody kills this official visit this weekend with walker. Be cool if the ruckus showed some love to walker on the visit. Anyone know if it starts Friday or saturday?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

We will know based on his tweets as it gets closer. They get 48 hours so if he arrives Friday evening they could start the OV then. I am sure he is heading back to NH Sunday evening.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago At least he would start lol. Someone tell me how kids who want to go pro shy away from programs who have talent and would test their ability?
If Walker chooses Pitt it is because he was sold on what he thinks Capel can do to help him get to the NBA. Capel sells him on his coaching experience helping players get to the NBA. His best story is Blake Griffin since Capel was his HC and recruited him. But he also takes credit for helping Duke players improve etc (that seems BS to me). The second thing he sells is come play in the ACC, the best conference in the country. Play against top players on national TV all season. I am sure he sells immediate playing time and come be a part of something special turning this around. He probably sells the city of Pittsburgh as well. The immediate playing time everyone promises. The come be a part of something special everyone can sell - good teams sell special as a run in the tournament; crappy teams sell special as the rebuild. The rebuild can get old after two seasons of going 4-14 then 6-12 in the ACC and 12-19 then 14-17 overall.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Posters question what position Walker will play PF or SF. I see him as a PF.
Fyi, Kansas got a commit from a SF today. Their first verbal commit this year.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

He is going ACC or Illinois. Anyone thinking different will be disappointed. Time to get McLeod and Hammond
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago At least he would start lol. Someone tell me how kids who want to go pro shy away from programs who have talent and would test their ability?
Why do you think EC and Terrell came here?
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

CAPEL going to Brewster so soon after the OV at Pitt. He wants to close
the deal before Walker takes any more OV's. He's going to push hard
for a commitment today.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We should be there too, but maybe it doesn't matter at this point?

Like has been said many times before....the staff knows what's up...we don't.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

From what I was hearing that the staff felt like we were in a good position with him. You have to beat our great programs to get great recruits, just a fact if life. Get used to it if we want a top 25-35 nationally relevant program.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

So, is he coming this week?
0 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2018/09 ... t-to-pitt/

sounds like he's still keeping an open mind, but who really knows. don't love that pitt and miami are up at brewster and we aren't
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

bkoeppen wrote: 5 years ago https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2018/09 ... t-to-pitt/

sounds like he's still keeping an open mind, but who really knows. don't love that pitt and miami are up at brewster and we aren't
This sounds positive from a URI standpoint, let’s get him on campus and take our shot this weekend. That’s all we can ask for at this point.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

CT Rhody wrote: 5 years ago From what I was hearing that the staff felt like we were in a good position with him. You have to beat our great programs to get great recruits, just a fact if life. Get used to it if we want a top 25-35 nationally relevant program.

assume you mean "....other great programs" Pitt????????????????????
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

“Pitt stands in a good place,” said Walker. “Being able to do the visit did make me feel better about the program. I’m still not leaning towards a program but the visit was not a waste of time and it was great being there.”
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Love our chances if we get this kid in campus for a visit ???
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

josephski wrote: 5 years ago
Ultimately this might be our problem with Walker. Harris, Tate and Tyrese are all projected to be starters here. We have Cyril for another year. No immediate playing time and no guarantee he starts for the first 3 years he is here. Pitt can offer something more immediate. The downside of Pitt is that next year they will likely be recruiting a higher level player than walker to take the spot he gets next year by default. He will get good minutes here at Rhody for sure, but if it comes down to starting as a Freshmen we probably can not offer that. We can offer being a part of what would be the most talented front court in the A10 to go with Fatts and Jeff. Maybe the best team we will have had since the 90s.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

rhodylaw wrote: 5 years ago
Ultimately this might be our problem with Walker. Harris, Tate and Tyrese are all projected to be starters here. We have Cyril for another year. No immediate playing time and no guarantee he starts for the first 3 years he is here. Pitt can offer something more immediate. The downside of Pitt is that next year they will likely be recruiting a higher level player than walker to take the spot he gets next year by default. He will get good minutes here at Rhody for sure, but if it comes down to starting as a Freshmen we probably can not offer that. We can offer being a part of what would be the most talented front court in the A10 to go with Fatts and Jeff. Maybe the best team we will have had since the 90s.
I think sometimes we put too much emphasis on a team that signs or has on their roster a player of a similar position that is being recruited. For example if Pittsburgh signs a forward today that doesn’t mean they can’t sign Walker also. It has become a positionless sport and teams want the best talent which they will get on the floor regardless of if it is 3 forwards or 4 guards like URI used last year.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rhodylaw wrote: 5 years ago
I know the coaches like to tell the recruits that nothing is guaranteed and they have to earn it. They follow that up when talking with a top 150 recruit (Walker) with - however, we see you being a regular part of the front court rotation as a freshmen.

Cyril will be a Sr next year so if Walker came the two front court positions could be shared by Cyril, Harris & Walker. They could also have a few minutes in a game with all three on the floor. Assume a total of 64 mins playing time. Split could be something like Cyril, 25 mins, Harris 22 mins & Walker 17 mins. After next year, Harris and Walker definitely start together the following two years. Walker is better than you think.

They are telling these recruits how they are going to help them make it to the pro level. They aren’t doing that and leaving an impression that they might not start for their first three years.
0 x