'19 PA C - Naheem McLeod (Florida State ---> Syracuse)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Re: '19 PA C - Naheem McLeod

Unread post by Ramulous »

With all due respect to RhodyMob05......I would take another Will Martel on my team any day......
7 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Ramulous wrote:With all due respect to RhodyMob05......I would take another Will Martel on my team any day......
Absolutely.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Ramulous wrote:With all due respect to RhodyMob05......I would take another Will Martel on my team any day......
So we can agree we need height, I’ll take that.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Current roster has 6 scholarship players 6’7” or taller
Tate 6’7” Fr
Preston 6’7” Sr
Layssard 6’8” Jr
Langevine 6’8” Jr
Harris 6’9” Fr
Tertsea 6’10” Soph

Targeted Recruits
Long 6’7”
Walker 6’9”
Somerville 6’10”
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Will Martel is a real good example of a big who paid his dues for a couple years and then became a solid contributor.
3 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Better video from the guy who helps run the league. Aseem Luckey is #21 (Bishop’s teammate on KLow). video of his team vs McLeod last night in quarterfinals of Philly league. McLeod is in some of the video. Luckey is 6’7”.

0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Naheem just cut his list to 6. His is planning to take 3 official visits.

Last edited by Rhody83 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Solid 6
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What happens if MCLeod chooses us before Walker makes a decision, does that matter ??
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

reef wrote:What happens if MCLeod chooses us before Walker makes a decision, does that matter ??
The coaches know how to handle it. They have that situation almost every year.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

reef wrote:What happens if MCLeod chooses us before Walker makes a decision, does that matter ??
If they are really targeting four in this class then this won’t be an issue.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody coaches are trying to get McLeod to schedule an official visit in Sept.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He took down his Final 6, then told someone on his IG story it wasn’t really his final 6....
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

DC_Rams wrote:He took down his Final 6, then told someone on his IG story it wasn’t really his final 6....
Maybe a new offer that he is considering?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote:He took down his Final 6, then told someone on his IG story it wasn’t really his final 6....
He was joking in his IG story. In an ask me any question segment Someone asked the question “was that really you top 6 schools” and he responded “Nah”.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Put out final 6 again. Same list he had on IG.
Believe he is planning to schedule 3 visits.

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Pretty solid list there I hope we get him
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Jake
@jakeweingarten
Rhode Island will host 2019 big man Naheem McLeod for an official visit on September 6th-9th, he tells Stockrisers.

McLeod is a 7-2 prospect who ran with
@TeamPYOhoops
this summer.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

The tweet. Jake works for company that runs a lot of the non-sneaker AAU events in the Northeast. He is a reliable source. I message with him on Twitter.

0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody83 wrote:The tweet. Jake works for company that runs a lot of the non-sneaker AAU events in the Northeast. He is a reliable source. I message with him on Twitter.

If they can get McLeod to commit on his visit do we use the scholarship right away and hope to get Bishop and figure out the third scholarship if we are lucky enough to get Walker also? I think we have to do our best to get him when he is here. He is friendly with Bishop also I believe.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I posted this on the Walker thread this week:
I don’t think Rhody is pulling the trigger on any other big man until they hear from Walker. That is unless they are recruiting for four spots. The coaches know how to manage the process. They have been thru this juggling act before.
I am not saying they wait until the Spring for Walker. If he doesn’t visit in Sept/Oct, then they will go with someone else.

I know as of last night they are still waiting for Walker to cut his list and schedule a visit. They are trying to get him to visit the same weeknd as Bishop.

Scheduling visits for McLeod and Diawara is either an indication that they are recruiting for 4 spots (which most think is the case) or they are trying to put some pressure on Walker to move his process to the official visit phase.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody83 wrote:I posted this on the Walker thread this week:
I don’t think Rhody is pulling the trigger on any other big man until they hear from Walker. That is unless they are recruiting for four spots. The coaches know how to manage the process. They have been thru this juggling act before.
I am not saying they wait until the Spring for Walker. If he doesn’t visit in Sept/Oct, then they will go with someone else.

I know as of last night they are still waiting for Walker to cut his list and schedule a visit. They are trying to get him to visit the same weeknd as Bishop.

Scheduling visits for McLeod and Diawara is either an indication that they are recruiting for 4 spots (which most think is the case) or they are trying to put some pressure on Walker to move his process to the official visit phase.
I’m not sure why everyone thinks they are recruiting for 4 scholarships? People would have to assume it is Layssard or Tertsea who would be leaving. If Thompson is expected to have an important role like we expect he isn’t going to leave as a grad transfer. I know things have a way of working out, but highly doubt we pull a Nevada and have 15 players for 13 scholarships and force people out. I think Walker would be an incredible get and with Bishop makes it an incredible class, but he seems to be loving the big schools offering him scholarships and will be very difficult to get now.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Three reliable posters on this board have stated that Rhody is recruiting for 4 scholarships. All three posters have different sources close to the Rhody program.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody83 wrote:Three reliable posters on this board have stated that Rhody is recruiting for 4 scholarships. All three posters have different sources close to the Rhody program.
So, why can't anyone say what player is leaving the program?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

McLeod on Bishop’s live chat today. Telling him when he is flying to RI. Bishop responded that he didn’t remember what weekend he is going to Rhody. McLeod mentioned that he is going to UCLA Sept 16-18. Fatts was also on the live chat earlier. Bishop asked him where he was at. Bishop was at Imhotep for his friend’s commitment announcement (football player for Imhotep).
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

I know it’s not easy to force a player out of their scholarship, but this isn’t a charity game. Cox has to do what he has to in order to win. If (God willing) we get 3 4-star talents to commit to URI in ‘19 (in addition to Long) I think Cox should go ahead and have conversations with some of the bigs on the bench. Realistically, if you’re a true collegiate b-ball player and you’re told you’re going to sit the bench, you should want to explore other options. Just my thoughts.
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Billyboy78 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:Three reliable posters on this board have stated that Rhody is recruiting for 4 scholarships. All three posters have different sources close to the Rhody program.
So, why can't anyone say what player is leaving the program?
I mean, do you really need to ask that question?
Not only is it poor form, but players, coaches, administrators read this board. If you had a source that is a surefire way to lose it.
C'mon man.
4 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

It’s simple. There is zero benefit to sharing a player’s name IF one has even been identified. There is potential damaging in sharing it. The coaching staff knows what they are doing. Look at the years of experience that Cox, Sutton and Carroll have. The information that comes out of the staff to some people with connections is planned. They aren’t just sharing any information because they are friends.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

rhodyblue12 wrote:Blurry video, I know, but something to consider. He moves really well.
Shoots with either hand and has touch.
Give him a year to fill out, and you may have a steal.

This reminds me of when I used to lower the hoop in my parent's driveway to dunk. Looks so easy for him. Huge advantage.
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree with this I really like this player hope we get a commit on his visit
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

The 4th scholarship could be as easy as Christian wanting to get a start on his pro career. I don’t think another year at Rhody is going get him to the NBA level. Go to Europe and make some money after you show you are healthy this year.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

rhodylaw wrote:The 4th scholarship could be as easy as Christian wanting to get a start on his pro career. I don’t think another year at Rhody is going get him to the NBA level. Go to Europe and make some money after you show you are healthy this year.
We really don’t know what to expect out of Christian Thompson this year, but if we get from him solid defense and he can contribute on the offensive side which is very possible I would expect him to stay for his senior season. The 2019-20 team looks to potentially be a very good team after all the newcomers get some valuable experience this year and I would think he would want to be part of it. If anyone were to leave it would likely be one of the big guys on the bench.
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

rhodylaw wrote:The 4th scholarship could be as easy as Christian wanting to get a start on his pro career. I don’t think another year at Rhody is going get him to the NBA level. Go to Europe and make some money after you show you are healthy this year.
The 4th scholarship is already open.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Dre3000 wrote:

The fourth scholarship isn’t open. If everyone returns next year there are only three.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Dre3000 wrote:
Care to elaborate? I am counting 10 players under scholarship for next season as of now. Is it already known that 1 will be leaving (without naming names if necessary).
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Some things are not ours to know. Don't worry about this. Not worth questioning or debating.
Lots of factors that come into play - the players' privacy is priority.
The staff's actions will show us what is what.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Here is one way to look at this player. Suppose a team we play has a 7'2/7'3 center, the coaching staff HAS to create a game plan for that player, even if he's just an average player. Height is huge. I remember seeing URI play against larger opponents and it changes the way you look at the game, different rotations, different defense etc. For the first time in a while, we can have that advantage that can change opponents gameplans (in the paint).
1 x
GO RAMS
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

One thing that we all can agree on is that if they are able to find a way to sign Bishop, Walker and McLeod it will happen without worry about how many scholarships we have available. Things have a way of working themselves out and you don’t pass on big recruits.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

As long as he uses two hands to jam the ball in the basket. We don't need a 7'2 finess guy.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

real simple, if a kid is 7'3 and can walk and chew gum at the same time, you take him..every single time.

one who is also a 4* recruit, you make a top priority
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

My opinion but love this kid and potential or upside. Granted I've only seen him once live, but do believe he's a steal if we get him to Kingston.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Read an article from the Lasalle board that said he wanted to commit by mid August. Good sign we have the first official visit in September.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Kind of random, but Naheem and his teammates are going to have a new gym to play in this season. A much-needed upgrade.

1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

McLeod is flying in Thurs night. Rhody’s first official visit. McLeod’s first official as well.
He seems excited about it. I believe Rhody is his first choice.
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago McLeod is flying in Thurs night. Rhody’s first official visit. McLeod’s first official as well.
He seems excited about it. I believe Rhody is his first choice.
Any feelings that we might get a commitment by the time the weekend is out?
0 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

I would be very happy to see him come to Rhody.....let’s show this kid some love.
3 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Yeah sign this kid up
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Sign him up please! Top 100 and 7' tall...let's get a commitment on Thursday. Would be awesome. Fingers crossed!
2 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

He certainly appears to be one of the first options with the remaining scholarships, you don’t bring a kid in early September if he was only a fallback option so hopefully they can get a commitment out of him next weekend!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Can someone just tell me who has this kid ranked Top 100? Can't find it anywhere.Rivals has him a 3* and Scout has him unranked.
0 x