interesting article

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

interesting article

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

https://www.pawtuckettimes.com/sports/h ... 640c0.html
Right on:

Secondary needs to pick it up. Improvement there will add some W's.
Pires has breakaway speed.
There are bunch of FCS min. prospects this year in RI. Fleming cannot give up on them.
0 x
Uncle Ed
Jeff Kent

Re: interesting article

Unread post by Uncle Ed »

Good for Momodu - he is a good story for URI. Fleming on the other hand has been a disgrace. And frankly his arrogance is Trumpian. If he is not worried about losing his job then Thorr isn't doing his job. That URI could not find a better coach than one with 7 wins and 38 losses is an insult - especially to Thorr and Dooley. And if it is true then football should be dropped! Finally', there are a lot more people disappointed than Fleming. Ask any of his former players.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

That line from Fleming rubbed me the wrong way as well.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

Fleming inherited a team without much talent. The almost move to the NEC cost up 5-7 years.
Facilities are the worst. I don't agree with many coaching decisions the last two years, the team is so much better than it was 5 years ago.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Trainor had a better winning percentage than Fleming has and he actually had to work with the NEC decision.

Maybe in a couple years we'll start hearing how that decision cost us 25 years...
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Edskater
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Edskater »

Heard a interesting fact a month ago from a old friend of mine bobby wylie offered to come help trainor with team or looking for job,thorr was called by some people to see if they would be interested never got a response,google him and see his background,this school doesn't give two hoots about football success,let's get D1 HOCKEY
1 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

2010 we had Probst, and 5 wins, I think the NEC decision was made EOY 2010
2011, we played Syracuse tuff, won only 3 games with Trainer.
2012 we were 0-11, the NEC implications start to kick in.
2013 3-9 Trainers last season.
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

According to this article, the NEC announcement was made almost immediately after the 2010 season ended and the announcement that we were staying in the CAA came before the 2012 season.

https://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/28/ ... -football/
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Edskater wrote:Heard a interesting fact a month ago from a old friend of mine bobby wylie offered to come help trainor with team or looking for job,thorr was called by some people to see if they would be interested never got a response,google him and see his background,this school doesn't give two hoots about football success,let's get D1 HOCKEY
While I disagree about the hockey aspect, interesting to see Coach Wylie's name as he was clearly the breakout star in last nights Hard Knock!
0 x