The David Cox Era

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Re: The David Cox Era

Unread post by Ramulous »

I have met Leila Cox several times already......she is an impressive and talented young woman....we will be proud to have her as a fellow alum!!
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

It’s difficult to move to a close knit town like Westerly as a freshman and make an impact like Leila. She’s going to succeed like her Dad.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody83 wrote:
Are you saying that Sutton is in Kingston like Moore was last June?
Sutton is here to recruit Cox?!?!? :o
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody83 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:Not really
I have not heard that.

Has Marshall’s replacement started? Ty had an Instagram video clip earlier this week of the fitness area and he showed it empty. Not sure if he was making a statement or showing that he was working out with no one else there.
There was a segment on URI basketball last night (on the channel 12 evening news) and in one of the video clips Sutton was right next to Cox coaching during a drill in practice. Just because it was not announced does not mean it isn't true. We all need to settle down a bit. November cannot come soon enough.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah it's just a mere formality, we will be just fine
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

RhodyKyle wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:Not really
I have not heard that.

Has Marshall’s replacement started? Ty had an Instagram video clip earlier this week of the fitness area and he showed it empty. Not sure if he was making a statement or showing that he was working out with no one else there.
There was a segment on URI basketball last night (on the channel 12 evening news) and in one of the video clips Sutton was right next to Cox coaching during a drill in practice. Just because it was not announced does not mean it isn't true. We all need to settle down a bit. November cannot come soon enough.
If someone could post that it would be great. Went on Ch 12 site and didn't find it.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I just asked JP Smollins on Twitter for a link. Couldn't find it at all.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

bump ahead of other thread
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Why are you randomly bumping threads?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Why are you randomly bumping threads?

Because the thread about our CURRENT coach should be ahead of the former coach that deserted us.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Ok, that's kind of silly, petty, and a waste of time
2 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Everybody has there own style, reef bumps threads along constantly and good for him, you didn't attack him.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Reef adds comments to the discussion, he doesn't bump just to say bump because he's mad at Hurley and thinks there should be an order to the posts on this board. Last I knew RF1 wasn't a moderator, which means what order the posts are in isn't his job. If he wants to add comments on David Cox, those threads will be at the top and no one would say boo. I'd also add that I didn't attack RF1, I attacked his post.

Look, we still talk about Frank Keaney here. We still talk about Tom Penders. We still talk about Al Skinner. We still talk about Jim Harrick. We even still talk about Jerry D and Jim Baron. People better get used to Dan Hurley talk and the sooner they do, the better, because it's not going away for decades. And they better get used to it real fast, because we're in recruiting battles with him, so he's going to come up often.
3 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I thought it was ok because RhodyKyle posted there is a video clip from channel 12 news of Rhody practice that shows Sutton in it. Other posters have asked for a link to that clip and RhodyKyle hasn’t responded. U
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Reef adds comments to the discussion, he doesn't bump just to say bump because he's mad at Hurley and thinks there should be an order to the posts on this board. Last I knew RF1 wasn't a moderator, which means what order the posts are in isn't his job. If he wants to add comments on David Cox, those threads will be at the top and no one would say boo. I'd also add that I didn't attack RF1, I attacked his post.

Look, we still talk about Frank Keaney here. We still talk about Tom Penders. We still talk about Al Skinner. We still talk about Jim Harrick. We even still talk about Jerry D and Jim Baron. People better get used to Dan Hurley talk and the sooner they do, the better, because it's not going away for decades. And they better get used to it real fast, because we're in recruiting battles with him, so he's going to come up often.
I mostly agree with this, but just want to point out that moderators don’t order posts, either (other than making some information-centric posts sticky). The order of discussion topics is entirely democratic, in that they will always be ranked in the order in which the most recent discussion has taken place. So if you want a topic to be front and center, drive the topic with actual discussion.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

So who will headline our banner this year? I'm guessing Dowtin, Fatts and Cyril will be up there. Who else?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

theblueram wrote:So who will headline our banner this year? I'm guessing Dowtin, Fatts and Cyril will be up there. Who else?
Christion
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote:
theblueram wrote:So who will headline our banner this year? I'm guessing Dowtin, Fatts and Cyril will be up there. Who else?
Christion
Billyboy, we haven't seen him play in quite awhile. You think he gets up and running quick?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
Christion
Billyboy, we haven't seen him play in quite awhile. You think he gets up and running quick?
I do. Just a hunch though.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

We could always use a 6-4 guard with experience.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Chris DiSano interview with Jeff.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody83 wrote:I thought it was ok because RhodyKyle posted there is a video clip from channel 12 news of Rhody practice that shows Sutton in it. Other posters have asked for a link to that clip and RhodyKyle hasn’t responded. U
And I won't be responding as I don't have the video link. It was by chance that the news was on in the bar I was in otherwise I would not have seen the segment. For such a lengthy piece on the program, I am surprised that the video isn't up on their site.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Great to see Sutton at the end of the video in Rhody coaching attire fist bumping the players. So happy with that.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Reef adds comments to the discussion, he doesn't bump just to say bump because he's mad at Hurley and thinks there should be an order to the posts on this board. Last I knew RF1 wasn't a moderator, which means what order the posts are in isn't his job. If he wants to add comments on David Cox, those threads will be at the top and no one would say boo. I'd also add that I didn't attack RF1, I attacked his post.

Reef adds very little to the conversation, I add very little to the conversation, RF1 adds very little to the conversation, you add very little to the conversation, reef was just an example because he likes to keep it short and sweet, I didn't mean to single him out, I appreciate reef's posts which sometimes are little more than bumps, as many of my posts could be considered little more than bumps. We all mostly are just stating our opinions, well its RF1's opinion that the Cox era thread should be near the top, maybe its a little petty, but so what? My point is bumps happen all the time, they just take the form of other words and sentences of a non-informative nature.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Stop! Rammer Time
Kenny Green

Unread post by Stop! Rammer Time »

Billyboy78 wrote:Chris DiSano interview with Jeff.
Always love these pieces by Chris, great to get some insight on Jeff's thoughts.
2 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

Can season start already.....I’m ready to take in a practice session.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great article on JD by DiSano, got to love that leadership he provides and hopefully he takes that next step in his development

It was great to see Sutton in that clip at the end

As far as bumping threads I don't go to old threads and post anything I only comment on the current stuff of the day. Once I see a thread is more than a day old with no comments I don't even click on it
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

reef - you're the man. Keep doing you. Not sure how you got dragged into this.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Jeff has been mature beyond his years since he got here. He and Fatts need to make a jump for this to be a special year
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

TruePoint wrote:reef - you're the man. Keep doing you. Not sure how you got dragged into this.
I explained using reef as an example was not to single him out in critical light, I further explain that I enjoy reef's style, actually more than I enjoy RF1's style. My point, that you, TP, seem to support, is "keep doing you", that includes reef, RF1, myself, and anyone else that has made a comment in a thread that does not elicit direct response (which is little more than a bump). We've all done it, wittingly or not, and it pushes the thread to the top. If RF1 wants to bump the Cox thread to the top and he actually uses the word "bump" so what? why go on the attack? It's just RF1 doing RF1. I've done it with recruits that interest me, I've done it with topics that interest me, sometimes all you have to do is bring a topic back up to get others to reengage. RF1 saying "bump" in this thread is like him hearing a few folks talking about something else, coming up to them giving a little elbow and saying "how about that coach Cox?"
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I mentioned this a few weeks ago in a post. I hope the athletic department is working on getting a local tv partner once again. URI, without the Hurley name and much of the talent departed (along with a less sexy OOC schedule), is not as attractive as it was the previous two years. This will most certainly translate over to the national network tv appearances. There will be far less games on national networks which would make streaming on the ESPN+ subscriber service the only option. It is thought that these streams will be the production content provided by the schools which most likely would be of lesser quality with limited graphics and audio (and dead-spots during timeouts). I therefore really hope that Thorr attempts to leverage the success of the last two seasons and gets a local partner such as MyRITV or MeTV.
Last edited by RF1 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Clip from yesterday’s practice. Full video will air tonight on Channel 10 News at 6:00.
Both Sutton and Carroll on the floor at end of practice. Interesting that TJ is in uniform. Must have been an extra for practice. Cox did mention a few players were being held out because of injury.
Also see Layssard and Tertsea. Someone posted concern about Layssard because he was missing from a recent team event.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Physical practice. No fouls.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

The full clip from the piece on Channel 10 News.

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Was that Tyrese guarding JD ?? He looked big and physical on him
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Rhody83 wrote:Physical practice. No fouls.
That move by Fatts around :40 was awesome
2 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

OK-I give up. Who is #55 at the end of the NBC10 clip?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

eli#10 wrote:OK-I give up. Who is #55 at the end of the NBC10 clip?
Mike Tertsea
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

He looks much bigger than what I recall at the end of the season a short 3 months ago.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

adam914 wrote:
Mike Tertsea
55 at the end of the nbc video is TJ. They were short players so he participated in the practice.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Another good reason to have TJ on staff.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Rhody83 wrote:
adam914 wrote:
Mike Tertsea
55 at the end of the nbc video is TJ. They were short players so he participated in the practice.
My bad, I saw TJ in there but didnt notice his number. Just knew Tertsea was #55.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Tertsea for sure. Get that man some minutes.
0 x
GO RAMS
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

eli#10 wrote:He looks much bigger than what I recall at the end of the season a short 3 months ago.
If TJ looks bigger than Mike did at the end of last season, that is not a good sign.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

sf2010 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:Physical practice. No fouls.
That move by Fatts around :40 was awesome
That step back by Omar was pretty nice as well at the end.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by DanInAZ »

adam914 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:
adam914 wrote:
Mike Tertsea
My bad, I saw TJ in there but didnt notice his number. Just knew Tertsea was #55.

My dad into his 50s was still playing full court with his players. :)
1 x