‘19 F Anthony Walker (Miami ---> Indiana)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: ‘19 MD F Anthony Walker (Offer)

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I agree that yes he's got other visits scheduled, but why go out of his way to post that comment?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

God I am so confused with that post. Who takes a photo shoot with a team (and his parents) without commuting?
0 x
GO RAMS
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

rambone 78 wrote:The "Not Committed" part is not good, at least in my opinion.
I think as posting these pictures in full uniform and stuff on visits becomes more common, these guys are trying to say “hey I like this school, but just FYI no decision yet.” That’s fine. It’s a big decision. They’re just trying to avoid confusion so when they go on another visit somewhere and post something similar, crazy ass fans don’t blow them up like they caught them cheating or something.
7 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

TruePoint wrote:
I think as posting these pictures in full uniform and stuff on visits becomes more common, these guys are trying to say “hey I like this school, but just FYI no decision yet.” That’s fine. It’s a big decision. They’re just trying to avoid confusion so when they go on another visit somewhere and post something similar, crazy ass fans don’t blow them up like they caught them cheating or something.
I agree with TP. I would expect him to come back to Kingston on an official visit in the Fall.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
I agree with TP. I would expect him to come back to Kingston on an official visit in the Fall.
If he comes back, he will commit.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

From what it sounds like, his dream school is Kansas. He is visiting there on their version of Midnight Madness at the end of September. They haven't offered yet, but if they do, he'll most likely go there.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice that he posted the pics of his visit and in uniform

I could go without the not committed part we know it's early in the process and he has some great schools on his list
0 x
Surfri72
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Surfri72 »

Recruits, at least big time football ones always have full uniform photos taken. Its a part of their recruitment.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Seton Hall hadn’t offered Walker yet. They did today during his visit.
Interesting that he would visit before getting an offer.

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote:Seton Hall hadn’t offered Walker yet. They did today during his visit.
Interesting that he would visit before getting an offer.

He's doing the same thing at Kansas. They haven't offered, but he's going to their Midnight Madness. I'm pretty sure that's where he wants to go.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

If the Kansas trip is unofficial, he has to pay for everything himself - flights, lodging, meals.
I was just surprised Seton Hall hadn’t already offered. These schools offer 20-30 players.
I am guessing any school Walker does an unofficial visit to is in his final list.
Hopefully, he then takes official visits to 3-5 of his final list schools.
I would expect an official visit to URI in Sept/Oct timeframe.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Is he good enough to play for Billy Self at Kansas ??
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Kansas 2019 recruiting. They have made offers to 3 top targets, 12 high choice and 18 interested. Walker is not in those 33 recruits. He is listed under the last category scout look. He is the last one on that list.

Kansas has made offers to 8 PFs that are ranked nationally at #2, 4, 10, 19, 26, 47, 56 & 90.

#19 Robinson-Earl is considered 100% Kansas. He had 2 unofficials and an in-home from Self. The kid is from Kansas.
He played on the USA team for Self two weeks ago. His father played for KU and his mother went to KU.

Kansas is considered the favorite for #4 player Matthew Hurt out of MN. Self has visited with him 3 times this year.
Hurt also played on the USA National team for Self.

Walker is not ranked nationally. It seems like Walker is really wasting his time & money chasing Kansas.

Kansas has two Sr for 2018-19. None of their underclassmen are in the 2019 nba mock draft. They will probably have two scholarships available. They are losing a C and F. They had the #5 recruiting class for 2018 signing 4 recruits ranked 10, 21, 36 & 129.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

If Robinson-Earl is son of Lester Earl pretty sure he was on the Kansas team we beat in 98.
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

I think he is delusional to think he’ll end up with Kansas. Saying he’s a long shot would be an enormous understatement.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

bigappleram wrote:If Robinson-Earl is son of Lester Earl pretty sure he was on the Kansas team we beat in 98.
Lester Earl is his father.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yes Earl scored 8 points in 15 minutes off the bench for Kansas in that game in 1998
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

ECU visit and offer
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Highly doubtful he ends up at ECU
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rivals updated rankings out. Walker cracks the Rivals 150 at #147.
Bishop is ranked #77.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Those sound like are top 2 targets

Guess we will take getting 1 of 2 ???
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Walker to go to Brewster for his Sr year. I wonder if URI had any influence in that. I realize there are other schools Rhody competes with for recruits out of Brewster. It seems like most of them are N.E. Schools and I don’t think they have offered Walker or are on his list. We have the Terrell connection and Ty’s connection with the coach at Brewster.

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote:Walker to go to Brewster for his Sr year. I wonder if URI had any influence in that. I realize there are other schools Rhody competes with for recruits out of Brewster. It seems like most of them are N.E. Schools and I don’t think they have offered Walker or are on his list. We have the Terrell connection and Ty’s connection with the coach at Brewster.

Brewster kids are recruited by everyone, including the blue bloods. All you have to do is look at some of Jared's teammates when he was there like Donovan Mitchell, Devonte Graham and Isaac Copeland.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

His ranking will rise and more top teams will get involved. At best, this is neutral for URI.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I think we can nab a verbal from him before the season starts.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I do see that Brewster players go everywhere. In the last 5 years (started with Terrell’s class) 17 players have gone to colleges in the Northeast.

He isn’t doing a PG year. This is his Sr year of HS. If he is going to blow up I think it will be from summer AAU.

I still think he will commit in the Fall before the Brewster season starts. I like Rhody’s chances.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

I guess this kid is sent to the archives for a bit.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhodymob05 wrote:I guess this kid is sent to the archives for a bit.
What does that mean? He was and still is in the class of 2019.

The thought was that he would do official visits in Sept & Oct and make a decision late Oct/early Nov.

Rhody is considered good for an official visit.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

This kid sounds like a player. Be great to get a commitment from him before he blows up
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

FYI, that is a post from a friend of Anthony’s that is trying to promote him. Post is from two months ago.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Rhody83 wrote:FYI, that is a post from a friend of Anthony’s that is trying to promote him. Post is from two months ago.
I would double check that. It may be written from two months ago, but it was written by Joseph Katz, a reporter who is pretty active in the DMV area.

https://twitter.com/DCBaltimoreHoop
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I should say he is promoting Anthony Walker. He does this with other players. I wouldn't call it an article. Somewhat biased. A post on Maryland 247.

The comment about the two months is that a lot has happened in recruiting in the last two months with Walker.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Thought he was graduating earlier.
0 x
GO RAMS
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Lotsa HM coaches watching Ant’s game. 6’9 shot blocker and three point shooter. Didn’t spend a ton of time inside on offensive end did most of damage from outside. But can’t teach height and athleticism and he has both. Him and Harris together would be scary, a guy can dream.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

bigappleram wrote:Lotsa HM coaches watching Ant’s game. 6’9 shot blocker and three point shooter. Didn’t spend a ton of time inside on offensive end did most of damage from outside. But can’t teach height and athleticism and he has both. Him and Harris together would be scary, a guy can dream.
Agree. Coach Carroll was there all day and courtside for Walker’s game.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Let's get Bishop and Walker and then have a big time celebration!!
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

BBC small forward Anthony Walker’s stock has taken off this AAU season and he didn’t slow down with his play last night. Walker matched up very well against one of the best small forwards in the nation in Christian Brown as he dropped 26 points. Walker’s athleticism and improved skill set was a sight to see. With high major schools now keeping an eye on him, plenty of new offers should be coming his way shortly.
https://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/933822
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

URIRecruitingInfo wrote:
BBC small forward Anthony Walker’s stock has taken off this AAU season and he didn’t slow down with his play last night. Walker matched up very well against one of the best small forwards in the nation in Christian Brown as he dropped 26 points. Walker’s athleticism and improved skill set was a sight to see. With high major schools now keeping an eye on him, plenty of new offers should be coming his way shortly.
That's why we hope for early verbals on kids like this. Once they blow up, they're most likely out of reach.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Which is why URI is tracking a lot of bigs.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote:
URIRecruitingInfo wrote:
That's why we hope for early verbals on kids like this. Once they blow up, they're most likely out of reach.
Tell me the last top player that committed before the July AAU tournaments. It’s a nice wish but it is a dream. Not happening. Dana was early last year in August. Early verbals are typically in Sept & Oct after official visits.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Walker another good game. struggled from three (0-5). 21 points on 6-16 FG, 9-13 FT and 5 Rebs. His team won by 5.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Ugh
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Team BBC (Walker’s team) plays tonight in the Round of 16 at 6:00 pm on Court 4 it could be the Live Stream game. If it isn’t, Bishop’s team (K Low) will be the live stream on Court 5 at 6:00 pm. Free streaming at adidasgauntlet.com.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

What happened to BFC posting here? Haven’t seen him posting anything in a while; in the past he’s been all over these recruiting threads and super helpful with the profiles. He’s obviously still following it. Possible he has rebranded himself URIRecruitingInfo on here if that is also his twitter handle?
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Not surprised by Illini offer, Orlando Antigua (assistant at IU) was sitting next to me watching Ant on Thurs night.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Team BBC won tonight in the round of 16. Play in the quarterfinals tomorrow at 10:30 am. Walker had 20 points tonight.
Walker hit 8-9 FT. Love a big man that can hit FTs.
Box score below:
https://basketball.exposureevents.com/1 ... 566705&r=7
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... -takeaways

"Last week, 6-foot-8 forward Anthony Walker debuted in the 2019 Rivals150 at No. 147. The next time we update it, he's making a strong case to rank somewhere in the top 100.

Walker is a long and bouncy athlete who can really move from end of the floor to the other. He's capable of playing above the rim and is a good rebounder, but what myself and many college coaches like about him is his ability as a faceup player. Walker handles the ball pretty well, shoots with range to the three point line and looks very natural facing the basket on offense. He's still a little rough around the edges but is starting to get production that matches his potential.

Rhode Island, Arizona State, Maryland, VCU, Illinois, East Carolina, Virginia Tech and UMass were all watching him on Saturday while Kansas' Bill Self, Virginia's Tony Bennett, Seton Hall's Kevin Willard and Nebraska's Tim Miles were among the head coaches watching him on Saturday."
2 x