The EC and Fatts Show

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: The EC and Fatts Show

Unread post by TruePoint »

Attachments
925DF41C-C282-4A8E-8140-D847D8B57C2B.jpeg
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Everyone's all in.....except for Adams of course....things are looking good.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

I think the culture of the team and chemistry and relationship they have in that locker room is stronger then just a head coach. But I also think some of the support and atmosphere the fans and supporters brought this year to the games have potentially stuck with some of the players. The joy of some of the games in the Ryan center this year could have helped make a decision a little easier.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Fatts became a fan favorite against pc with a 20 pt game. Maybe five games into his college career?
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Fatts year 1 video. Limitless!

1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

And yet, still this. I spent all season being mad about this, and I guess I’m not stopping now.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... sland-rams

Told you he wanted them all to stay.
3 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Those of you that are on Instagram might want to take a look at Boswell's story. This decision coming today was no random happening. Great work by our staff to keep great communication with players and their families!
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Dre3000 wrote:Those of you that are on Instagram might want to take a look at Boswell's story. This decision coming today was no random happening. Great work by our staff to keep great communication with players and their families!
What’s his IG name?
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Why didn’t you post the instagram link? I can’t find Ty on Instagram. Stories usually aren’t on Instagram. There isn’t a story on Twitter.
I don’t think anyone thought it was a random happening. Ty was with Fatts all the time on Friday. I even ran into the two of them sitting in the concourse after the press conference and interviews.
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

DC_Rams wrote:
Dre3000 wrote:Those of you that are on Instagram might want to take a look at Boswell's story. This decision coming today was no random happening. Great work by our staff to keep great communication with players and their families!
What’s his IG name?
Coach_tyron

And Instagram stories don't have links to my knowledge.
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Rhody83 wrote:Why didn’t you post the instagram link? I can’t find Ty on Instagram. Stories usually aren’t on Instagram. There isn’t a story on Twitter.
I don’t think anyone thought it was a random happening. Ty was with Fatts all the time on Friday. I even ran into the two of them sitting in the concourse after the press conference and interviews.
You're taking the word "story" too literal. It's the "stories" bar that runs across the top of Instagram that has shory 15 sec clips. But Ty posted one of him in Philly's airport shortly before Fatts' Instagram post.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Omg, what a story. Ty was in the Philly airport.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow sounds like Fatts gave serious consideration to leaving. Thank god he stayed !!
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Rhody83 wrote:Omg, what a story. Ty was in the Philly airport.
:lol: I see you have the deductive reasoning skills of a 2nd grader. Do you think he was just in Philly because he likes cheesesteaks? I won't spell this one out for you, but use your brain bud.
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Dre3000 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:Omg, what a story. Ty was in the Philly airport.
:lol: I see you have the deductive reasoning skills of a 2nd grader. Do you think he was just in Philly because he likes cheesesteaks? I won't spell this one out for you, but use your brain bud.
I understand he was in Philly to visit Fatts’ family. I thought you had some insight from a story on how they convinced Fatts to stay.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

In fairness the simple fact that a large majority of us were are that Fatts was at least considering leaving validates the speculation of me and others. As well as showing that we are not total Paranoid idiots.

Indeed it's proof a fair amount of us have some inside info with the program. Granted, clearly some to much more/less degree then others...

Personaly Ed Cooley's brother told me he was gone to UCONN and had told the kids already, this was 2 days before it was announced... Apparently Louisville wants Coooley bad he now says....
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

EGram wrote:In fairness the simple fact that a large majority of us were are that Fatts was at least considering leaving validates the speculation of me and others. As well as showing that we are not total Paranoid idiots.

Indeed it's proof a fair amount of us have some inside info with the program. Granted, clearly some to much more/less degree then others...

Personaly Ed Cooley's brother told me he was gone to UCONN and had told the kids already, this was 2 days before it was announced... Apparently Louisville wants Coooley bad he now says....
Remember, you're only paranoid if they are NOT out to get you.

EG, I'm not sure I'm following. Who was gone to UConn? DH? Fatts? Cooley? Also, Louisville hired Chris Mack. Do you mean they wanted Cooley but he turned them down?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

Sorry, i meant Cooley was wanted badly y Louisville.

Also he (cooleys bro) told DH was gone 2 days before it happened, and he knew because a plyer told him.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

EGram wrote:Sorry, i meant Cooley was wanted badly y Louisville.

Also he (cooleys bro) told DH was gone 2 days before it happened, and he knew because a plyer told him.
Look...you can't talk about that - it's NOT TRUE. Start another thread or another board or something...that's just simply not acceptable talk here... :roll:
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:

Look...you can't talk about that - it's NOT TRUE. Start another thread or another board or something...that's just simply not acceptable talk here... :roll:
Maybe we can get a very 2018 list of censored topics so we can know when to stifle it.

Although it really doesn't matter if DH was gone before he was gone, because either way he's gone now. Have fun pushing square pegs into round holes in Storrs DH.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:

I'm sorry i like you NYG man but i wasn't aware you were the guy who decided what topics were censored or acceptable to talk about.

Personally i was gonna leave the the whole thing alone after my original post until you posted that However, The fact to that mod mods said anything in private or public about my post tells me your likely wrong with your wanting to censor talk on Hurley talking to players, and Cooley being offered by Lville.

Also How can you say IT"S NOT TRUE. When it was reported by other sources and i have a pretty strong source myself

Did you talk to all the the same Cooley Bro himself? Did u talk to everyone to the URI BB team? and, even in this unlikely scenario who knows if they were being honest. Your suggesting everyone should just no listen to me and not talk about it and take your word for it?

Now, I don't intend to bring it up again in this thread unless more aggressive posts like this. so why dont we just agree to disagree OK. Cooleys Bro could easily have incomplete/incorrect info. But on the same Token you could easily be wrong by trying to censor talk based on (i'm assuming) whatever source you won't reveal.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Anyway this is the EC Fatts thread.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Short of that, prepare for rightful questioning of such claims. Those with long term track records will receive benefit of the doubt. You cannot expect the audience to just accept your claim.
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

EGram wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:

I'm sorry i like you NYG man but i wasn't aware you were the guy who decided what topics were censored or acceptable to talk about.

Personally i was gonna leave the the whole thing alone after my original post until you posted that However, The fact to that mod mods said anything in private or public about my post tells me your likely wrong with your wanting to censor talk on Hurley talking to players, and Cooley being offered by Lville.

Also How can you say IT"S NOT TRUE. When it was reported by other sources and i have a pretty strong source myself

Did you talk to all the the same Cooley Bro himself? Did u talk to everyone to the URI BB team? and, even in this unlikely scenario who knows if they were being honest. Your suggesting everyone should just no listen to me and not talk about it and take your word for it?

Now, I don't intend to bring it up again in this thread unless more aggressive posts like this. so why dont we just agree to disagree OK. Cooleys Bro could easily have incomplete/incorrect info. But on the same Token you could easily be wrong by trying to censor talk based on (i'm assuming) whatever source you won't reveal.
EG, my post was total sarcasm - in reaction to being told not to talk about certain topics...that some people don't like, or want to face.
I think we should be able to talk about anything, anywhere, I don't want to censor or be censored on anything...I cheer you on.

I also think that what you heard from Cooley's bro is waaaaaay more likely to be true than not.
As much as people don't seem to want to hear it...it's all about careers and 'business'...it isn't about honor and trust like the boy scouts...

Carry on!
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Tone gets lost in texts messages/message boards.

And especially gets lost on this board. Unless people think similarly. Then they get it.
2 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
EGram wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:

EG, my post was total sarcasm - in reaction to being told not to talk about certain topics...that some people don't like, or want to face.
I think we should be able to talk about anything, anywhere, I don't want to censor or be censored on anything...I cheer you on.

I also think that what you heard from Cooley's bro is waaaaaay more likely to be true than not.
As much as people don't seem to want to hear it...it's all about careers and 'business'...it isn't about honor and trust like the boy scouts...

Carry on!

Alright, im sorry i'f i went off on you a little. Your post just came out a bit hostile to me imo., Perhaps becaue of the limtations of writing, sarcasm . and one as others mentioned.. ect..

I apologizie For my second post going after you a little with it.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

ATPTourFan wrote:Anyway this is the EC Fatts thread.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Short of that, prepare for rightful questioning of such claims. Those with long term track records will receive benefit of the doubt. You cannot expect the audience to just accept your claim.
Alright np, i think we resolved it and agreed it was just a mix up on reading each others posts.

Although in fairness i was the first person to post Fatts might be leaving also, , i wont clam to be some super insider, and this Fatts/Cooley/and Hurley talking to players is the first thing I've ever posted "ITK, nor do i intend to write much id info because i don't know much about it." based on other posts it's pretty obvious other posters had heard the rumors also.

BTW, is Hurley telling the players he's leaving a couple days b4 the announcement really an extraordinary claim Or that Cooley is wanted by some big schools like Lville.? I 100% agree with what you stance on ITK posts and scrutiny otherwise but i don't think my claims were all that outrageous.

But i do live as basically neighbor to cone of Cooley brothers.. and although i rarely post stuff like that i don't see he harm in posting it occasionally.

Personally I think unless the board is being is being bombarded with sketchy rumors i don't see what's wrong with people posing occasional rumours.. People can tell the difference between something like what i said and Pat Riley.
2 x