2018-19 Current Season schedule discussion (top post is current)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: 2018-19 schedule discussion (top post is current)

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rambone 78 wrote:Let's hope we can do better than them. No thanks. We have 300 RPI Brown. One a year of that is enough.

Like reef said, 2 or 3 home games against 100-150 RPI types would be OK.
Don't be dumping on my Wildcats now... :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

So as it stands, we only have 2 games at the RC in November and December? sheesh.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Can we update the WVU game to be a neutral game? As a ST holder, I still had to pay separately for my seats to that game. Was I scammed?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I'm trying to do the math, but it might be cheaper to buy my seats individually for every home game rather than season tickets.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

theblueram wrote:I'm trying to do the math, but it might be cheaper to buy my seats individually for every home game rather than season tickets.
I bet it would be cheaper. Granted you wouldn't have the same seat for every game but with all of the different promos that they run throughout the season there shouldn't be a problem finding a good seat for most of the games. I think attendance will dip this year w/o the PC game anchoring a mini-plan.
Last year was my first year as a season ticket holder and I loved it. But I find it a bit weird that they put a flat price on the plan w/o a definite # of games. ( and no adjustment in price if there is more or less games than the previous year)

I've had a Red Sox Season ticket plan (weekends/opening day) for the last 18 seasons. I pay for the games that are scheduled- it changes each year. Sometimes it's 28, this year it's 30 games. Depends on the way the calendar falls. It's a plan that's no longer offered by the team- once I step away from it, it's gone.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhodyram wrote:
theblueram wrote:I'm trying to do the math, but it might be cheaper to buy my seats individually for every home game rather than season tickets.
I bet it would be cheaper. Granted you wouldn't have the same seat for every game but with all of the different promos that they run throughout the season there shouldn't be a problem finding a good seat for most of the games. I think attendance will dip this year w/o the PC game anchoring a mini-plan.
Last year was my first year as a season ticket holder and I loved it. But I find it a bit weird that they put a flat price on the plan w/o a definite # of games. ( and no adjustment in price if there is more or less games than the previous year)

I've had a Red Sox Season ticket plan (weekends/opening day) for the last 18 seasons. I pay for the games that are scheduled- it changes each year. Sometimes it's 28, this year it's 30 games. Depends on the way the calendar falls. It's a plan that's no longer offered by the team- once I step away from it, it's gone.
I'm just being a wiseass. I'm sure individual game ticket prices are going up substantially. At least based on the increase in season tickets, I would expect that to be the case.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

2017-18 Rhody had 2 away games and 2 neutral site games and 29 games in total.
2018-19 Rhody has 4 away games and 4 neutral site games (including WV here) and 28 games scheduled. They can still schedule 2 more homes games to get to max of 27 games plus the Hawaii tournament. The could add another game in Hawaii if the play it against a Hawaii school.

The rule is 27 games + one tournament with a max of 31 or 29 games without a tournament. Then there is an exception for playing an additional game against a Hawaii school if you are playing in a tournament there.

With PC and Brown being away on the same year and adding WV (not playing at the RC), they will have three less games at the RC for 2018-19. It should be 13 home games vs 16 home games. That is a big decrease.

Has anyone verified with the Athletic Dept whether the seadon ticket price include 1 ticket for the WV “home” game?
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote:2017-18 Rhody had 2 away games and 2 neutral site games and 29 games in total.
2018-19 Rhody has 4 away games and 4 neutral site games (including WV here) and 28 games scheduled. They can still schedule 2 more homes games to get to max of 27 games plus the Hawaii tournament. The could add another game in Hawaii if the play it against a Hawaii school.

The rule is 27 games + one tournament with a max of 31 or 29 games without a tournament. Then there is an exception for playing an additional game against a Hawaii school if you are playing in a tournament there.

With PC and Brown being away on the same year and adding WV (not playing at the RC), they will have three less games at the RC for 2018-19. It should be 13 home games vs 16 home games. That is a big decrease.

Has anyone verified with the Athletic Dept whether the seadon ticket price include 1 ticket for the WV “home” game?
Looked to me like all you got was "option to buy" for WVU....
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:2017-18 Rhody had 2 away games and 2 neutral site games and 29 games in total.

Looked to me like all you got was "option to buy" for WVU....
Yes only option to buy for WVU game. If they only schedule 13 games at the Ryan Center my season seats in the Loge go from about $22 per game to $29 per game. I'm all for supporting the program but this is a significant price increase, especially with no PC game. The last couple years they have had deeply discounted ticket sales during the season to a good portion of the games on the schedule.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Got to pay the piper for the enhancements.....I still think we're pretty reasonable compared to other similar schools.

Remember VCU fans have to donate big bucks just to have the right to get better seats.

That could be us down the road a bit. I mean we do that now but at a much lower level.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Holy crap. If they're gone....they won't be that good a win for us next season.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

rambone 78 wrote:Holy crap. If they're gone....they won't be that good a win for us next season.
If they're gone we may have a chance to win that game.....
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Declaring doesn’t mean they’re gone anymore. Just yes omg the waters.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

They should tweet when someone announces that they are not declaring for the draft without hiring an agent. It's gotten out of hand.
2 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I wonder if URI will try to put off one of its expected road games next season to another year. Possible candidates would include Brown, Holy Cross, or Charleston.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The Alabama game at the Ryan Center might be a lot less attractive:

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote:The Alabama game at the Ryan Center might be a lot less attractive:

Can't really worry about less attractive...can like 'more winnable' tho
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
RF1 wrote:The Alabama game at the Ryan Center might be a lot less attractive:

Can't really worry about less attractive...can like 'more winnable' tho
And if the Martin twins also get drafted, so will the Nevada game. They have declared they will test the waters, but not hire an agent.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Not surprising at all about Sexton - no one should have been counting on seeing him next year. Been a projected lottery pick all season. Guys like that 95 times out of 100 go pro (as they should)
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I think Caroline is a potential solid pro..... be a bit surprised if we see him. Pretty sure we’ll see the twins next year

Is there any downside to declaring under the current rules ?( other than throwing your fan base into a tizzy)
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

hrstrat57 wrote:I think Caroline is a potential solid pro..... be a bit surprised if we see him. Pretty sure we’ll see the twins next year

Is there any downside to declaring under the current rules ?( other than throwing your fan base into a tizzy)
Nope, as long as you don't hire an agent you can still come back. It's a good way for players to see where they stand and make a more informed decision.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Both twins are probably good enough.
They just have a funky jumper. It goes in most of the time though.
Athleticism, ball handling and passing all good.

If all three come back...they will be hell for us.

Hopefully we make them come play us at 11:30am...
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RhodyKyle wrote:Can we update the WVU game to be a neutral game? As a ST holder, I still had to pay separately for my seats to that game. Was I scammed?
I originally had it as a neutral game and it was changed by a moderator
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I was told as URI manages the tickets, it is not considered neutral for the purposes of RPI. The Mohegan game is our "home" game of this home/home series with WVA.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

ATPTourFan wrote:I was told as URI manages the tickets, it is not considered neutral for the purposes of RPI. The Mohegan game is our "home" game of this home/home series with WVA.
Thats BS we still have to pay for tickets on top then
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I think you would trust my source on this -- someone who was directly involved in setting up this arrangement. I'm not intentionally trying to confuse or annoy.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

ATPTourFan wrote:I was told as URI manages the tickets, it is not considered neutral for the purposes of RPI. The Mohegan game is our "home" game of this home/home series with WVA.
Only reason I asked is because I was told that ESPN was running/controlling everything with this doubleheader showcase event. My mistake.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote:I think you would trust my source on this -- someone who was directly involved in setting up this arrangement. I'm not intentionally trying to confuse or annoy.
I don't think it's you that's confusing or annoying. I think it's just annoying that it's being called a home game...and tix are $$ on top of season tix.
Unless, of course...you're the one that set it up that way? :lol: :lol:
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

So if they forced everyone with season tix to buy seats to the game we'd have people complaining about that. Not everyone is able to make it to Mohegan. For most season tix holders, the first time they heard about the Mohegan game is when they received notice to renew their tix. Season tix holders got first access to the game if they want to attend.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

From a season tickets perspective, I don't care whether it is called a home game or a neutral game. I get why they're doing it the way they are. From an RPI standpoint, though, I am a little annoyed that we won't get credit for a neutral game. Big picture, not a huge deal. Still a great get from a scheduling perspective.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

It was the ONLY way to get WVA on our schedule in anything close to a home/home arrangement. I hope all can appreciate that.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote:It was the ONLY way to get WVA on our schedule in anything close to a home/home arrangement. I hope all can appreciate that.
Yep, can appreciate that. Also can appreciate the other point about season tix...people that have to pay separately gonna be annoyed, but if people had to pay for them as included and couldn't go, they'd be annoyed, too. I therefore, drop my annoy-ment in full appreciation for the sched get - great opportunity!
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Should not have said annoyed. More like minorly disappointed. In perfect world it would be a neutral game if not at the Ryan. But it is not something I feel is worth complaining about because, like I said, getting the game on the schedule was a great get.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

If it's considered a home game, the tickets should somehow be included in the season ticket package.

Simple as that.
0 x
Go Rhody
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Scroll up a few posts, Rhody15.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

RhodyKyle wrote:
Only reason I asked is because I was told that ESPN was running/controlling everything with this doubleheader showcase event. My mistake.
Does anyone know what the other game in the double header is?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I hope DH had Cox sit in on all that goes into scheduling

I thought that DH put a great schedule together that allowed us to best compete for big dances with the team that we put out there

I hope Cox is as good
1 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

Any thoughts on the reports out of Nevada saying they aren’t coming to rhody?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

urirx wrote:Any thoughts on the reports out of Nevada saying they aren’t coming to rhody?
Yes.
Thought: That sux.
1 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
urirx wrote:Any thoughts on the reports out of Nevada saying they aren’t coming to rhody?
Yes.
Thought: That sux.
Wow if that’s true then a big f*** you to Neveda and musselman, so we go out and play a game at 11p or whatever it was and they can’t come out the following year, which I thought was agreed upon
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

What is the penalty for canceling a return game? Should be at least the rate for a buy game I’d think?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What are the reports ?? Is there a link somewhere or is this speculation???
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote:What are the reports ?? Is there a link somewhere or is this speculation???
See the Way Too Early Polls thread
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

There is usually a buyout clause to most series contracts. I can't imagine why URI would not want Nevada coming to the Ryan Center given they are in dire need of home games. I am then left to assume this is the Wolfpack's decision. If Nevada does not want to play us, it would be a bush league move. Rhody went out there to their court and was their best win of the regular season. They may have went to the Sweet-16 this past season but URI made the round of 32 in each of the last two seasons. I just don't understand this. Hopefully an explanation will emerge soon.

Could there have possibly been a provision that Nevada could opt out if Hurley were no longer coach after going out there? If so, that would suck.

Nevada Wolfpack Fan Forum Thread on their OOC schedule:
https://247sports.com/college/nevada/Bo ... -117044765
Last edited by RF1 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

TruePoint wrote:What is the penalty for canceling a return game? Should be at least the rate for a buy game I’d think?
It depends on the contract. I hope there wasn’t an out for Neveda if Dan left. That would suck.

The article with the “full list” has 8 OOC games and states that they will play 12-13 OOC games.
Last edited by Rhody83 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhody83 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:What is the penalty for canceling a return game? Should be at least the rate for a buy game I’d think?
It deprnds on the contract. I hope there wasn’t an out for Neveda if Dan left. That would suck.

Just had the same thought and edited my earlier post and then saw your above post. If URI signed such a contract, shame on the school as it would not have been in its best interest. I hope the AD has to sign off on contract language so the school is protected.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I am sure the Athletic Dept signs the contract and not the basketball coach. I would think Thorr is involved in negotiating the contract. Neveda still has to schedule 5 more OOC games. Let’s see if this reporter is correct first.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

So if this Nevada news pans out, we only have 1 home OOC game scheduled??????? Sheesh.
0 x