The Official - URI’s NEW Head Coach is DAVID COX

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Re: The Official - URI’s NEW Head Coach Thread....

Unread post by DC_Rams »

jersey Joe wrote:IGGY!!!!!! omg YOU'RE the douche who attacked me 6 years ago on here when I joined when Danny got hired hahahahahaha. I couldn't remember the name for the life of me until just now hahaha. back to attacking me again this is classic stuff. i remember back 6 years ago after our exchange I got an email, not even a private message but an email from a guy who told me how much he despised you. I gotta find that email from 6 years ago lol.

Iggy, what do you have??? anything at all to share? or just spew?
And to prove how little a life you have, you keeps tabs of who hurt your widdle feelings 6 years ago? What a puss...grow a pair.
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Getting closer and closer to "The Politics Thread" potential by the minute...?
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He was working 3 jobs back then, but remembers who took their lunch money 6 years ago...yeah, you’re quite the man. *eyeroll*
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

jersey joe....would love to know the name of that coach....lol

But like I said, if Cox was the guy all along why even bother to interview people...do what Xavier does and promote from within without any pretenses?

Keeping all in suspense, especially the recruits, is not a good look.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote: We are in steep decline.
This...
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

rambone 78 wrote:jersey joe....would love to know the name of that coach....lol

But like I said, if Cox was the guy all along why even bother to interview people...do what Xavier does and promote from within without any pretenses?

State law?
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Getting closer and closer to "The Politics Thread" potential by the minute...?
It's not. Because my finger is on the button.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:jersey joe....would love to know the name of that coach....lol

I thought Rhody 'had to' go through the motions as a state school?
Wouldn't think X would have the same requirements?
2 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

Either you trust the roles and decisions of Dooley and Thorr or you don’t.

The state rules require the process we are going through, according to some recent pain I have had to endure in training.
X is private Jesuit school

My personal POV is Thorr is an aggressive AD who is looking to win. Getting Dan was not a sure thing back in the dark days, but he closed the deal with the best the school could afford and available. Dooley has helped improve the academics of the university and maintain and even grown enrollment in a difficult market as the pool of New England high schoolers shrink. Both know basketball value to URI is far beyond tix sales, and know this is critical to keep rolling. I have faith the two working together will look out the best for the program.
7 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Rhody nation is on FIRE. I’m somehow loving the insanity.
3 x
GO RAMS
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

jersey Joe wrote:last week a high major coach who doesn't feel the love anymore from his administration as his program has gone a bit stale (but still makes the NCAA every year) had his agent reach out to Rhode Island. smart idea by this coach to stay ahead of the curve and possibly land at a place where he can win right away. agent was told "no thanks". kind of surprising considering this coach's rep, accomplishments, cleanliness, that he wasn't even considered. this told me 100%. that D Cox was gonna be the coach. if the job were truly "open" there's no way your AD doesn't look at this particular coach. so there's been some oddness to it from my perspective. Becker and Dooley? cmon. no chance
I mean this board is having a crazy night, which is to be expected.. but can we get a conference? Mainly because I am curious and nosy and would find this much more fun to discuss
2 x
jersey Joe
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by jersey Joe »

rambone, message me,

DC_Rams, if you think life is tough now wait until you have a wife and kids. when the wife screams "instead of posting about Rhode Island basketball why don't you earn more than 45k a year!!" it will really get under your skin.

Iggy, I found the email, but it's from a guy who still posts here, I will gladly share it with you privately but am not out to embarrass this guy on the board. he said "Joe, ignore Iggy he doesn't like new posters' hahahah. omg, grown men who have opinions about the newness of message board posters. this should be a feature film
2 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Ok let’s all just take a step back refresh and with the rumors out there now let’s postpone the decision till next Thursday. This is finally a real live coaching search.

Boo-yah!

GO RHODY!
Last edited by brady1 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

steep decline indeed....if we still had the politics thread we'd really see how far things have fallen....

Just have to wait until the posting ends, no need to interview anyone....and X doesn't have to even do that, they aren't a state school.

Private schools can do whatever they want.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

My girlfriend “I thought Uri was done!?”. Me “It’s head coach season now”
8 x
GO RAMS
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

jersey Joe wrote:rambone, message me,

DC_Rams, if you think life is tough now wait until you have a wife and kids. when the wife screams "instead of posting about Rhode Island basketball why don't you earn more than 45k a year!!" it will really get under your skin.

Iggy, I found the email, but it's from a guy who still posts here, I will gladly share it with you privately but am not out to embarrass this guy on the board. he said "Joe, ignore Iggy he doesn't like new posters' hahahah. omg, grown men who have opinions about the newness of message board posters. this should be a feature film
Wow. That's a damning email! Glad you held onto it. I never said everyone likes me so it doesn't mean anything to me. You were full of it then, you're full of it now. You're not a URI fan so go away.
3 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

This thread is fucked. Totally unreadable with the spam from jcru and laugh out loud horrible takes from others. Probably a good call to stick with Twitter until Cox is hired
13 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

"Probably a good call to stick with Twitter"...THAT is seriously laughable under ANY circumstances...
3 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Better signal to noise ratio
4 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I have a hot take. My sources say that jcru and jersey Joe is the same damn person.
5 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Jersey Joe joined last week. He has 17 post all on this thread.
Here is my email to Jersey Joe. You are an idiot. You aren’t a URI fan.
When the coach is announced this week you can leave and come back to troll in 6 years again.
4 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:"Probably a good call to stick with Twitter"...THAT is seriously laughable under ANY circumstances...
Reliable/credible people's tweets are a great source of information. Please try to deny that?
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

BleedBlue87 wrote:I have a hot take. My sources say that jcru and jersey Joe is the same damn person.
It's a 9.5 on a scale of believable.
2 x
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:"Probably a good call to stick with Twitter"...THAT is seriously laughable under ANY circumstances...

I'd rather read tweets like these than scroll through pages and pages of utter stupidity
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

So this puts to bed any chance of there being any truth to the Pitino rumor. No school is going to go this far to deny something that might have any truth to it.

3 x
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

Why are some of you melting down here? You all realize how good of a spot you're in, right?

Sucks to lose a coach, but all things considered, you couldn't really be in a better position for the next guy.
7 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Any one with common sense knew that story was a crock of shit.
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PCFriars wrote:Why are some of you melting down here? You all realize how good of a spot you're in, right?

Sucks to lose a coach, but all things considered, you couldn't really be in a better position for the next guy.
Yep, and I don't think the vigor with which one party or another denies something, always necessarily has connection to the real truth...which the public will probably never know....
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

PCFriars wrote:Why are some of you melting down here? You all realize how good of a spot you're in, right?

Because we got to go most of this last year without a complete board meltdown. So we were due? Add in some uri inferiority complex and bingo! :lol:
1 x
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Matunuck »

Never reading anything from gorhody again.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Hurley Show wrote:Never reading anything from gorhody again.

You mean from golocal?
2 x
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Matunuck »

DC_Rams wrote:
Hurley Show wrote:Never reading anything from gorhody again.

You mean from golocal?
Yes, thank you.
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

The only people who believe Rick Pitino was interviewed and made a URI offer are PC fans which, as no surprise, confirms the low class of those fakesters and the fact they are dumber than dumb.
6 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Obadiah wrote:The only people who believe Rick Pitino was interviewed and made a URI offer are PC fans which, as no surprise, confirms the low class of those fakesters and the fact they are dumber than dumb.
Look, I can handle being called dumber than dumb (not quite that dumb, but at least I can tolerate that), just don't call me a PC fan. 8-)
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

OK..new theory... if the interviews are supposed to be tomorrow...maybe that's when they officially talk to Slick. So, for go rhody to say, they haven't met/spoken with Pitino, that could be true..,.then they meet with him tomorrow...and Thursday (or Friday)...Rick Pitino be walking through them doors... and nobody lied... YESSSSSS!!!!
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote:Any one with common sense knew that story was a crock of shit.
jcru finds the gorhody article 9.5 unbelievable.
Jersey Joke finds the gorhody article 10.0 unbelieveable.
So his average is 9.75 :D
5 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:OK..new theory... if the interviews are supposed to be tomorrow...maybe that's when they officially talk to Slick. So, for go rhody to say, they haven't met/spoken with Pitino, that could be true..,.then they meet with him tomorrow...and Thursday (or Friday)...Rick Pitino be walking through them doors... and nobody lied... YESSSSSS!!!!
I hope you are joking. Do you really believe that Thorr and the President of the University would damage their reputations with a sleezy move like that? It is ok to believe credible articles.
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

For what it's worth, I had also heard there were talks with Pitino. Saying there has been no conversations with Pitino is not really saying much. Because just like Hurley, Pitino is letting his agent have those discussions. So based on what I had heard I actually do believe SOME of Jersey Joe's source. I'm not sure it got so far as an offer though. That part seems far fetched IMO, I doubt there'd be talk of an agreement before Dooley giving his approval.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Some people here tonight have totally lost their minds.
Last edited by RF1 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I freakin love this “fake” story - gets it out there that Rhody turned down a hall of fame coach.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Opportunity lost...not necessarily something to be proud of....
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

GoLocalProv is a rag and an electronic version of a tabloid with journalistic integrity lower than whale shit. Read anything there with great skepticism. You can also tell that from the low class comments of many of their readers, many of whom are PC fans.
5 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

What the hell did I do? Why is it that everything that goes wrong around here is my fault?

I didn't start any rumors, I just said they were interesting.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

DC_Rams wrote:
jersey Joe wrote:IGGY!!!!!! omg YOU'RE the douche who attacked me 6 years ago on here when I joined when Danny got hired hahahahahaha. I couldn't remember the name for the life of me until just now hahaha. back to attacking me again this is classic stuff. i remember back 6 years ago after our exchange I got an email, not even a private message but an email from a guy who told me how much he despised you. I gotta find that email from 6 years ago lol.

Iggy, what do you have??? anything at all to share? or just spew?
And to prove how little a life you have, you keeps tabs of who hurt your widdle feelings 6 years ago? What a puss...grow a pair.
Actually Iggy came at JJoe so hard and with such vitriol that he made an ass of himself 6 years ago. Iggy can be a bit overwhelming, slightly less mean than some but relentless with the directed bitterness.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I've had a truce with Iggy for some, I don't know, 15 years, but before that, if you said anything at all that he didn't like or agree with, he would tackle you on sight. He's super aggressive. He's not the nicest person going, but it's ok. I come from an Italian family, we overlook a lot. Swearing is caring.

He does have a legitimate source, which I have given him credit for in the past. But apparently that doesn't carry a lot of weight with him, if you put a freakin toe out of line, he comes after you like the sentinel.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

jcru wrote:What the hell did I do? Why is it that everything that goes wrong around here is my fault?

I didn't start any rumors, I just said they were interesting.
Don't worry about it j, most people don't do reading comprehension anymore. All they remember at this point is that you dared to wish for a full search for a new coach and that you had reservations about hiring a coach with the goal of keeping recruits. They missed the parts where you actually have read others, considered their thoughts and stated that you are coming around on the idea of Cox as head coach. I've been behind a Cox hire right along but I dared to speculate what slick could offer, so I'm a slick guy.
2 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I appreciate it, RR. Now, of course, like an ameoba, I probably just absorbed your account as well. Anyone who dares even talk to me who isn't a moderator is accused of being me, these days.

Strange times indeed.

I know certain people hated the old Projo boards because they couldn't control the narrative at all times. I'm talking about Iggy and the like, sure, but who I am really talking about is whoever Iggy's source is. They want one narrative, one direction, at all times. What you just witnessed tonight, is actively controlling the narrative. I've never seen URI, for instance, officially denounce a rumor like they did tonight on the official website. That's Big.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Gotta love the irony of the guy who has made about 50 posts on this topic today alone calling out others for trying to control the narrative.
9 x