KMAC buyout article?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

KMAC buyout article?

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... me-options

Why would buyout not be used to pay Coaches salaries if Cox gets job?
Would he work for same pay or nothing?
Coaches pay comes from seperate pool?

Don't understand the line-"Bjorn could also choose to save that money and hire in-house candidate David Cox, a current assistant coach. In that case URI would be free to spend the $1 million plus on other personnel, program enhancements or capital projects."

anyone know?
My bet are buyout $$ will just be used to kick the can vs, being used for something constructive.
Uninspiring list of candidates other than Cox.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: KMAC buyout article?

Unread post by adam914 »

Hal Kopp wrote:http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... me-options

Why would buyout not be used to pay Coaches salaries if Cox gets job?
Would he work for same pay or nothing?
Coaches pay comes from seperate pool?

Don't understand the line-"Bjorn could also choose to save that money and hire in-house candidate David Cox, a current assistant coach. In that case URI would be free to spend the $1 million plus on other personnel, program enhancements or capital projects."

anyone know?
My bet are buyout $$ will just be used to kick the can vs, being used for something constructive.
Uninspiring list of candidates other than Cox.
He is saying that if we hire someone other than Cox, from another school, and that coach himself had a buyout tied to his contract at that school, Thorr could use the money from the Hurley buyout to pay the other coaches buyout. Otherwise, if he hires Cox, that money can be used for other things.
1 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Joe Dooley does not excite me.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

This article tells us nothing we don't already know.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Hang down your head, Joe Dooley
Hang down your head and cry
Hang down your head, Joe Dooley
Passed over by URI

With apologies to the Kingston Trio
3 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Section104 wrote:Joe Dooley does not excite me.
What's a Joe Dooley?
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I can't read it damn projo wants to have paid subscriptions now
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

reef wrote:I can't read it damn projo wants to have paid subscriptions now
Don't waste your time.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Paleoguy
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Paleoguy »

reef wrote:I can't read it damn projo wants to have paid subscriptions now
It's been that way for several years now. I believe you're allowed 10 articles per month before the paywall appears, maybe less. Obviously, this is the case with many digital versions of print newspapers. If you must read it somehow, or feel that you must, you can just use a different browser that has not yet reached the free limit.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

God damn you Projo

Boston.com shuts me off too screw em
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

It is shocking how much you don't learn from Projo URI basketball articles.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I don’t get it still - people who complain about a product they don’t buy...yet still read? Why would they give people who aren’t paying customers everything they want and complain about?

Just pay the $16 a month or don’t read it.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I like all the Projo writers. Bill Reynolds especially Saturday mornings. Kevin Mac, Bill Koch......it’s my hometown paper. It’s much better that living in Boston or NYC where there is little local flavor

But I do not understand the huge criticism the Orijo gets here - and amazed how many do not want anything to do with the Projo and brag about their not buying it. I love getting my newspaper each day.

But to have the same people griping about how they only get 10 free articles per month? Makes no sense to me :roll: :roll: :roll:
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Most of the writers get their info right here !!!!
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We have better sources...they get their info from here and Twitter.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I've been getting the Projo my entire life. My parents got it when I was a kid and I continued to get it when I grew up (if that has indeed happened yet). I just got a letter in the mail saying the print edition is going up to 18 dollars a week. That was enough for me. That's almost 1000 dollars a year for a newspaper. So, I'm finally coming into the 21st century and going E.....and saving about 750 dollars a year!
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I'm a dinosaur......I still like having a paper newspaper....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Ramulous wrote:I'm a dinosaur......I still like having a paper newspaper....
So do I. My service has been terrible. I wasn't even getting a paper 2 or 3 times a week. I got tired of having to call them so often and complain. Then I get their mail telling me the price is going up again. Paying even more for poor service. That was enough for me. I'm still getting the Sunday paper though. My wife is a coupon cutter. Hopefully it gets delivered...
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:
So do I. My service has been terrible. I wasn't even getting a paper 2 or 3 times a week. I got tired of having to call them so often and complain. Then I get their mail telling me the price is going up again. Paying even more for poor service. That was enough for me. I'm still getting the Sunday paper though. My wife is a coupon cutter. Hopefully it gets delivered...
If you call and threaten to,drop it they will give you a deal. Give it a try. Worked for me two years ago.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Maybe I'll call and threaten to not get it (still) to see if they give me a deal. Then, if they say yes, I'll just say "no thanks."
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Billyboy78 wrote:
Me too the last mailing and proposed increase, pus a bunch of new fees, put me over the top. I have had a newspaper subscription since 1977 but not any more
0 x