The Coaching Carousel

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Re: The Coaching Carousel

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

No one thinks Louisville is in the mix now. We might have 150 pages on this topic before this is done
0 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

What's the over/under on number of hours for this thread to hit 100 pages?
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I will say, I don't think Goodman is that connected to URI. If Rothstein or Zags said this I'd be more concerned.
6 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

cRAM4finals wrote:No one thinks Louisville is in the mix now. We might have 150 pages on this topic before this is done
Good timing. And good guess with 150 pages.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

He’s not a fat lady and he ain’t singing so
0 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Forget Louisville, that program will be iced for years.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I would so love to shove that tweet down Goodman's throat.
2 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

cRAM4finals wrote:No one thinks Louisville is in the mix now. We might have 150 pages on this topic before this is done

someone will fill the Louisville spot likely leaving another quality opening.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

theblueram wrote:I would so love to shove that tweet down Goodman's throat.
Old Takes Exposed is never short on material.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

theblueram wrote:I would so love to shove that tweet down Goodman's throat.
For real!
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Taylor Swift wrote:
Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
rhodyrudder wrote: It was reported that you like beer and I like hot dogs.
And that CT traffic AND pizza suck.
And the B of T attorney likes ham.

Billy likes soda
Miss Lippy's car is green

HAHA! Is this before or after the Dodge Ball scene where Miss Lippy applies paste to her face? What a great movie!

Also, I know for the most part, we aren't fans of the General Assembly on this board, but I will proudly say that my State Representative is VERY pro Rhody. Also, as much as I'd want pizza for dinner after reading this thread and all ob KB'ers pizza recommendations the past 24+ hours-- I am about to put some ground turkey on the stove and make some tacos.
I like tacos.
1 x
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

rambone 78 wrote:Forget Louisville, that program will be iced for years.
Not typical sanctions are applied going forward. Mostly vacating prior wins though right?
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

SmartyBarrett wrote:

I will say, I don't think Goodman is that connected to URI. If Rothstein or Zags said this I'd be more concerned.
I liked the Fake Jeff Goodman better.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I just lost a lot of respect for Jeff Goodman
2 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

reef wrote:I just lost a lot of respect for Jeff Goodman
To be fair when he was in the "underground" of ESPN before the last few big reorganizations/layoffs, he followed a lot of the non-P5 teams and had a good beat on what was happening. But lately Jeff's been a jack of all trades for whatever strikes management's fancy. One week he's hard on the NBA, the next week he's overseas with the Ball family. So Goodman has fallen out of the loop in a lot of areas.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Ppl at ESPN don’t even like him / and I am getting this from a great source
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Please allow me to educate anyone on here - visiting or a regular.

Everything that has been reported as "known" or "fact" or "confirmed" at some point in time today, may have been true, may have been false - but one thing I can GUARANTEE and am comfortable putting out publicly; is that no one knows ANYTHING about what is happening right now. Dan may be so conflicted right now I wouldn't trust him as a source until something is signed.

In the last 2 hours I have heard things from extremely credible sources that completely voided and contradicted things I heard from separate credible sources. (Insert "sources" joke because why not, can confirm source is not my brain).

There has been everything from a meeting with staff, to a meeting with team, to no meeting, to pitt signed and delivered, to URI confirmed, to Danny not talking to anybody, to Dan talking to Thorr and Dooley, etc, etc, etc.

No one knows anything. Anyone telling you they know something does not. Anyone who is saying that I don't know anything is right, because they don't know anything either.

Dan could be in RI, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, or Guam.

I know he isn't about to watch the Sopranos with me and my wife, and I know he didn't eat Frank and John's from Italy pizza tonight. (right back on top of the power rankings btw).

He could announce tonight, tomorrow, or who knows.

Until you see it tweeted by Rothstein, Zags, DiSano, or Koch; you're being brought for a loop.

I would recommend putting alerts on those twitters and re-starting the best series of all time on television (spoiler: Sopranos). Enjoy the long night and I'll see y'all on the other side.
Last edited by Blue Man 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
9 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Because he gave an opinion? He's not reporting anything.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rhodyruckus wrote:
To be fair when he was in the "underground" of ESPN before the last few big reorganizations/layoffs, he followed a lot of the non-P5 teams and had a good beat on what was happening. But lately Jeff's been a jack of all trades for whatever strikes management's fancy. One week he's hard on the NBA, the next week he's overseas with the Ball family. So Goodman has fallen out of the loop in a lot of areas.
So once again, another example of journalistic integrity being bought by media.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Gonebarongone wrote:
Because he gave an opinion? He's not reporting anything.
Is he a reporter, or a blogger?
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Blue Man wrote:Please allow me to educate anyone on here - visiting or a regular.

Everything that has been reported as "known" or "fact" or "confirmed" at some point in time today, may have been true, may have been false - but one thing I can GUARANTEE and am comfortable putting out publicly; is that no one knows ANYTHING about what is happening. Dan may be so conflicted right now I wouldn't trust him as a source until something is signed.

In the last 2 hours I have heard things from extremely credible sources that completely voided and contradicted things I heard from separate credible sources. (Insert "sources" joke because why not, can confirm source is not my brain).

There has been everything from a meeting with staff, to a meeting with team, to no meeting, to pitt signed and delivered, to URI confirmed, to Danny not talking to anybody, to Dan talking to Thorr and Dooley, etc, etc, etc.

No one knows anything. Anyone telling you they know something does not. Anyone who is saying that I don't know anything is right, because they don't know anything either.

I know he isn't about to watch the Sopranos with me and my wife, and I know he didn't eat Frank and John's from Italy pizza tonight. (right back on top of the power rankings btw).

Until you see it tweeted by Rothstein, Zags, DiSano, or Koch; you're being brought for a loop.

I would recommend putting alerts on those twitters and re-starting the best series of all time on television (spoiler: Sopranos). Enjoy the long night and I'll see y'all on the other side.
damn it Blue, we had a good run going...

The Wire is the best series of all time
3 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I'll tell you there is one URI insider who does not seem concerned at all. Right now Fatts is on instagram playing Fortnight. I'm going to follow his lead and do the same.
5 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Not sure if this has been mentioned but isn’t Dan’s favorite team the Cincinnati Bengals?
Bad omen as I think Xavier is on his list and I would guess his favorite if/when it opens up.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

I never knew Goodman to be close to anything URI or Dan. How many tweets or stories did he have about URI during the year in comparison to Rothstein and Zags? Rothstein covered this team much more closely has been on campus a couple of times and seen many games. Him and Zags I would trust and believe a lot more in this situation. I know Goodman is pretty friendly with McNamara and also a bit with Gresh. I wouldn't doubt if those were his source of information, 2 guys that can't see Dan staying because its an inferior school , inferior program in an inferior league and has absolutely no right trying to be anymore successful than it has been.

ECR, funny I heard the same thing. Can't say I ever liked him just from watching him, but just a personal opinion.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Trust me - my source is a top guy there - was just blasting Goodman to him !
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Enough of this shet.
I’m going back to praying “DAN STAYS”.

GO RHODY!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jeff Goodman was cut off by the Ball family.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

reef wrote:Jeff Goodman was cut off by the Ball family.
Jeff Goodman had his Balls cut off? Nicely done.
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Blue Man wrote:Please allow me to educate anyone on here - visiting or a regular.

Everything that has been reported as "known" or "fact" or "confirmed" at some point in time today, may have been true, may have been false - but one thing I can GUARANTEE and am comfortable putting out publicly; is that no one knows ANYTHING about what is happening. Dan may be so conflicted right now I wouldn't trust him as a source until something is signed.

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Mad Men
4. The Leftovers
5. Breaking Bad
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

brady1 wrote:Enough of this shet.
I’m going back to praying “DAN STAYS”.

GO RHODY!
Call sister Jean for help!
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote: 1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Mad Men
4. The Leftovers
5. Breaking Bad
Leftovers is criminally underrated. Love seeing this in your top 5!
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Tomorrow.
0 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

TruePoint wrote:

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Mad Men
4. The Leftovers
5. Breaking Bad
My Top 5

1) Breaking Bad
2) The Wire
3) The Sopranos
4) Game of Thrones
5) Shameless
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

spar wrote:What's the over/under on number of hours for this thread to hit 100 pages?
I was gonna say 12, but some of us might get an hour or two of sleep
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

The longer this goes, the more I’m thinking he is coming up with a way to respectfully let us all know he’s leaving and he’s torn about doing it. Doubtful anything comes out this late unless he wants to sleep while those waiting “react”. I don’t feel good about the way this is going....
0 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

0 x
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Unread post by sandman012 »

My Top 5

1) The Sopranos
2) The Wire
3) Deadwood
4) Game of Thrones
5) Mad Men
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

DC_Rams wrote:The longer this goes, the more I’m thinking he is coming up with a way to respectfully let us all know he’s leaving and he’s torn about doing it. Doubtful anything comes out this late unless he wants to sleep while those waiting “react”. I don’t feel good about the way this is going....
Nope...even though it just started this week, the boneyard has more posts on this topic than KB...and as much as I hate to say it, quite a bit funnier, too :lol:
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

DC_Rams wrote:The longer this goes, the more I’m thinking he is coming up with a way to respectfully let us all know he’s leaving and he’s torn about doing it. Doubtful anything comes out this late unless he wants to sleep while those waiting “react”. I don’t feel good about the way this is going....
My sense (and it is just a sense) is that he now has all the information and that it is a harder decision than he thought it would be. I think he left the floor in Pittsburgh on Saturday knowing what he wanted to do, but now he is not as sure. There is a lot that goes into it. The three opportunities that we know he is choosing from (putting aside if there are more) all offer different pluses and minuses.

I predicted that this would be very hard for him a week ago (or maybe it just feels like a week).

http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f=6 ... 50#p359617
I believe Dan is UConn's target and he would have to make a decision that very few coaches (but not none) have made in the history of the sport to turn them down. And yet, I believe it will be a hard decision for him to make. Even if he has told someone he is going to do it, until he signs on the line you never know. At the risk of being seen as naive by anyone that knows for a fact that a decision has been made, I think it will be really hard for him to leave this situation. I think he likes it and feels good about it here. I think there are valid concerns about the UConn job. On the other hand, UConn is able to offer him things that URI cannot in terms of salary and niceties that would definitely make his job considerably easier . . . [T]hese are hard choices. I find it very hard to believe that all of that internal process has played out for Dan and his family considering what else he's had going on, unless he was committed to getting out of here no matter what or UConn is his dream job - both somewhat hard for me to believe, but again I know nothing. My gut tells me that UConn probably feels great about their offer, that his agent thinks he got Dan what he says he wants and should take it, and that Dan has some late nights ahead (hopefully in a few weeks) picking the brains of his coaching friends and mentors, weighing the pros and cons, and wrestling with what he wants the rest of his career to look like.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

The Wire
Chapelle Show
Twilight Zone
Cheers
Sopranos
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Is the UConn board confident they are getting their man ???
0 x
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Unread post by sandman012 »

I'm done, time to think about tomorrow's pizza
Last edited by sandman012 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote:Is the UConn board confident they are getting their man ???
Yes. Except for when they aren't. Seems half are confident and the other half are expecting a kick in the uh...groin....
Regardless....entertaining, especially for someone that used to live in CT.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

No show touches the Sopranos... Season two of The Wire was so bad that it could never be the best for me.

1. Sopranos
2. Breaking Bad
3. The Leftovers
4. GOT
5. Arrested Development
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RamIt!
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RamIt! »

Over 20 mins w/o a post???
New Reynolds Piece...

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RamIt! wrote:Over 20 mins w/o a post???
New even lamer than usual Reynolds Piece...
1 x
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Matunuck »

Great article Bunky.
0 x
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
He is the best sports writer Projo has, IMO.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Hurley Show wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
Compared to who -- Li'l Kevin? Five-foot-one Donaldson?
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
Hurley Show wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
Compared to who -- Li'l Kevin? Five-foot-one Donaldson?
Exactly, do you think they are better than Reynolds?
0 x