The Coaching Carousel

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: The Coaching Carousel

Unread post by TruePoint »

0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

urirx wrote:This thread is still 400 posts ahead of the boneyard thread about the Hurley situation. Excellent work team!
I think they are gaining quickly though...at times, they are creating pages faster than they can be read...
0 x
Kingston
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Kingston »

Cox scouts all teams that run a motion offense. The Davidsons of the world. He comes from a motion offense and I for one want more of that instead of our current isolation and so forth.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

looks like something is about to pop, maybe within the hour.

Kingston, I agree. Especially with a young team next season.
0 x
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Unread post by mstyles22 »

According to my sources, Main Source is a criminally underrated 90’s hip-hop group even though “Breaking Atoms” got 5 mics from The Source.
3 x
Surfri72
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Surfri72 »

Word. Main source was dope
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If Dan stays, we need Cox to stay with him. Going to take a big raise though.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rambone 78 wrote:If Dan stays, we need Cox to stay with him. Going to take a big raise though.
And no program wanting him as head coach
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

6 years with Hurley left us spoiled. Everyone on the same page. No bickering. No back biting.

Apparently, many of you forgot what 2000-2012 was like, to be a fan of this team. Complete farce of a hiring in 2000. Completely stonewalled hiring two years later by Carothers the musk rat.

You don't have a real search to attract the best talent out there, and we're going to be back to that real quick. 50/50. The Loyalists vs. The Outraged. The Hatfields vs The McCoys. So, be prepared.

That MIGHT NOT be the way you want to go, if you aspire to be a Big Time Program.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

It's worked for Xavier multiple times....if you have the right people, it'll work.

I think Cox could be the guy.
3 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote:6 years with Hurley left us spoiled. Everyone on the same page. No bickering. No back biting.

Apparently, many of you forgot what 2000-2012 was like, to be a fan of this team. Complete farce of a hiring in 2000. Completely stonewalled hiring two years later by Carothers the musk rat.

You don't have a real search to attract the best talent out there, and we're going to be back to that real quick. 50/50. The Loyalists vs. The Outraged. The Hatfields vs The McCoys. So, be prepared.

That MIGHT NOT be the way you want to go, if you aspire to be a Big Time Program.
This isn't like hiring a new marketing guy. They know who the talented people out there are. They should be ready to make a hire within 24 hours if coach goes.
2 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

rambone 78 wrote:If Dan stays, we need Cox to stay with him. Going to take a big raise though.
I think a raise and upgraded title may at least keep him from going to a low major as a head coach. We shall see how it shakes out...
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Kingston wrote:Cox scouts all teams that run a motion offense. The Davidsons of the world. He comes from a motion offense and I for one want more of that instead of our current isolation and so forth.
Yes, this was an exception to the rotation
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

jcru wrote:6 years with Hurley left us spoiled. Everyone on the same page. No bickering. No back biting.

Yup, when time comes, hire the best coach available NATIONALLY.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Is DH staying or going ???
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Kingston wrote:Cox scouts all teams that run a motion offense. The Davidsons of the world. He comes from a motion offense and I for one want more of that instead of our current isolation and so forth.
I would love to this!
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

TruePoint wrote:This isn't like hiring a new marketing guy. They know who the talented people out there are. They should be ready to make a hire within 24 hours if coach goes.
Absolutely not. Anything less than 2-3 weeks, isn't a real search. Minimum.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

rhodyruckus wrote:
I think a raise and upgraded title may at least keep him from going to a low major as a head coach. We shall see how it shakes out...
He's already associate head coach, I'm not really sure what else you can do with the title
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
rhodyruckus wrote:
He's already associate head coach, I'm not really sure what else you can do with the title
Call him GURU?
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rhodyruckus wrote:
He's already Associate Head Coach. What upgraded title are you going to give him? Super Associate Head Coach?
3 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
rhodyruckus wrote:
The ol' Josh McDaniels "No really, you're our next head coach, for real, man" title?
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote:
TruePoint wrote:This isn't like hiring a new marketing guy. They know who the talented people out there are. They should be ready to make a hire within 24 hours if coach goes.
Hurley was less than 2 weeks after Baron. There was no splintering of the fan base after the hiring, and I'm saying this as someone who doesn't think we should just automatically give the job to Cox
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I think Dan was more iso due to the abilities of EC and JT......hopefully he will adjust if need be. Of course if he's here.
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

jcru wrote:
Not even remotely true. These things can be done in 2-3 days. Part of an AD's job is to have plan's b, c and d ready to move on.
3 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

reef wrote:Is DH staying or going ???
Dan didn’t call me back.
7 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Enough about Cox for now, focus on Dan.
2 x
GO RAMS
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Has anyone put out a search warrant on ACE?
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Perhaps switch gears and stop trying to promise one of the assistants the head job on a silver platter if the hc leaves. ?
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:
rhodyruckus wrote:
He's already Associate Head Coach. What upgraded title are you going to give him? Super Associate Head Coach?
Make him "most exalted associate head coach" and have him wear a special hat like in the Flintstones
5 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote:
rhodyruckus wrote:
Just throw "Executive" somewhere in there and you have a deal. Needless to say the RAISE would be a bigger factor.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

BleedBlue87 wrote:
Not even remotely true. These things can be done in 2-3 days. Part of an AD's job is to have plan's b, c and d ready to move on.
Sounds to me like you want to eliminate any candidates from applying... hmmmm?
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

rambone 78 wrote:looks like something is about to pop, maybe within the hour.

Kingston, I agree. Especially with a young team next season.
Going to be really pissed at you rambone if I'm sitting here an hour later with no new info.
3 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

urirx wrote:This thread is still 400 posts ahead of the boneyard thread about the Hurley situation. Excellent work team!
To be fair this thread is a year old. Before it was an anxiety support/pizza forum, this used to be a basketball message board. Thank god those days are behind us now.
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

How about “THEE ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH” emphasis on THEE.
1 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

jcru wrote:
BleedBlue87 wrote:
Sounds to me like you want to eliminate any candidates from applying... hmmmm?
What are you talking about? I didn't write anything like that. Sounds to me you just don't know anything about recruiting coaches.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

BleedBlue87 wrote:
jcru wrote:
Especially in a situation like this where you know your coach is having contact with other schools. If he doesn't have a list already and he's not on the phone with at least one candidate within five minutes of finding out Dan is leaving, if he's leaving, then he's not doing his job
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Just conduct a real search, and let it play out, and cut the nonsense about Cox.

If he measure up favorably to the OTHER dozen applicants looking to make $1.5 Mil at a good job, then he'll get it, if not, NOT
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
rhodyruckus wrote:
Make him "most exalted associate head coach" and have him wear a special hat like in the Flintstones
Attachments
Poobah.PNG
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote:How about “THEE ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH” emphasis on THEE.
This isn't Ohio State
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I'm good with Grand Poobah and him wearing the furry hat with horns.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Bless his soul, but if Dan leaves we all knew who Rod wanted to be the next coach.

208, you beat me to it!
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
BleedBlue87 wrote:
jcru wrote:
Especially in a situation like this where you know your coach is having contact with other schools. If he doesn't have a list already and he's not on the phone with at least one candidate within five minutes of finding out Dan is leaving, if he's leaving, then he's not doing his job
I would imagine Thorr may have already back channeled other potential replacements agents.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.....I got nothing, my wife says nothing new.......just doing my part for getting us to 100 pages....
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

There is no way a legitimate national search is done in 2-3 days. Nonsense.
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote:
There is no need to do a "search." Where are they going to look? They have a list in the top drawer. Start at the top. Presumably they will not have to make more than two calls to fill this job, depending on whether Cox or Oats is first on that list.
1 x
KillSteenKill
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by KillSteenKill »

Are most of you checking this thread for news or chronically searching the web and if so whats sites/sources are you checking?
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

If Dan doesn't stick with Rhody. KEaney Blue has more long days ahead. Only the winner gets to rest. Hopefully we win!
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Moto
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Moto »

Bump
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

This is why twitter was invented
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

There will be one of 2 things that should happen. Either a full search, or Cox gets the job right away, although it couldn't be officially announced for a while due to state hiring practice regulations.

If they do a search, I would hope they don't half-ass it.
0 x