The Coaching Carousel

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodyNJ
Steve Chubin

Re: The Coaching Carousel

Unread post by RhodyNJ »

I don't love that he met with the team today and nothing positive was announced following that meeting. :?
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

This is making me ill

BLOWS

So dejected if we lose Hurley
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

ElmCityRhody wrote:This is making me ill

BLOWS

So dejected if we lose Hurley
Same here
1 x
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Unread post by sandman012 »

RhodyNJ wrote:I don't love that he met with the team today and nothing positive was announced following that meeting. :?
You are reading into things. What if he met just to update his players where things stand, that he is mulling things over? What would you expect to be announced?

Get a grip people.
Last edited by sandman012 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

2 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Makes a ton of sense for both Pitt and Sean Miller.
Last edited by STC 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

1 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

no offense to anyone else but there are only 5 posters at most that i trust on here
4 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Please Sean go to Pitt.
2 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Let's go Sean Miller!

He'd be a better fit for them there than Dan.

Sean would be a lifer.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Where is Iggy?
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

If we lose him this year we better freakin invest the buyout money and the tourney credits straight into the program and keep building. We are bigger than DH - he was just the hungry coach who has pushed us to where we belong in the basketball world. We can be pushed farther!
5 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

TruePoint wrote:Rambone I would pay you money to post not more than once an hour. Just collect your thoughts, take a couple thousand breathes, walk your dog, etc. The stream of consciousness rapid fire posting is torture.
LMAO. I will contribute to that.
2 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Blue Man wrote:Ugh I have no self control.

It’s not pitt. It’s not money. It’s investments. Guarantee you there hasn’t been a decision yet and anyone reading tea leaves is doing just that.
How can you say that honestly? You have no idea, which is fine, because it's like the rest of use. He could have decided yesterday.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:For Pitt Sean Miller is in play.

http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2018/03/ ... n-to-pitt/
Told y'all UofA might open up......

I don't believe for a 2nd this is over with these 2 schools.....and don't give me the "wouldn't coach against his brother" crap. Tucson is freaking awesome town!

It's a big scrabble puzzle folks, hang on for a wild ride.....

Minnesota, UofA, Louisville, Xavier, uConn, Pitt, X, Seton Hall all potential major openings hung over URI admin heads. Others?

Great time to be a hot coach!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

If I had posted that it would take 5 years for URI to return to the NCAAs when DH was hired, I would have been laughed off this board. No one was predicting more than three. I will be sad if DH leaves, but I will thank him and wish him well. I will be dejected if his replacement is a buffoon and the buyout money is not used exclusively to support this program.
1 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RhodyO
Abdul Fox

Unread post by RhodyO »

hrstrat57 wrote:
Seawrightspostgame wrote:For Pitt Sean Miller is in play.

http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2018/03/ ... n-to-pitt/
Told y'all UofA might open up......

I don't believe for a 2nd this is over with these 2 schools.....and don't give me the "wouldn't coach against his brother" crap. Tucson is freaking awesome town!

It's a big scrabble puzzle folks, hang on for a wild ride.....

Minnesota, UofA, Louisville, Xavier, uConn, Pitt, X, Seton Hall all potential major openings hung over URI admin heads. Others?

Great time to be a hot coach!
Tempe .... awesome town
Tucson .... known for Live PD and Cops
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Gonebarongone wrote:

It’s not pitt. It’s not money. It’s investments. Guarantee you there hasn’t been a decision yet and anyone reading tea leaves is doing just that.
How can you say that honestly? You have no idea, which is fine, because it's like the rest of use. He could have decided yesterday.
Lmao I don’t need the dick measuring. I can sit this one out and let everyone eat each other then. Enjoy the speculation show.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Gonebarongone wrote:

you know that short list that Twisted mentioned a few posts up? The ones that acutally know things? Well, Blue Man is on that list.
4 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Gonebarongone wrote:

GBG you are the one who has no idea on this.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

It's not over until it's over.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ATP how many new users to the Board this week?
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Well it wasn't my most productive work day hitting refresh every 30 seconds but here is my 2 cents:

I would volunteer for a lengthy audit from the IRS if it meant Dan stayed. However I do understand if he does leave, in my opinion he delivered on his promises.

Seems pretty comparable to the timing of when Penders, Skinner, and even Harrick (just 2 seasons but level of success) left. It would be nice if it was possible for Dan to speak to each of those 3 former coaches, I have a feeling they would all would express a feeling of regret in leaving Rhody.

Working in our favor is the administration(Thor and Dooley) that we have compared to previous coaching departures. I have all the confidence in the world that Thor will do whatever he can to keep DH in town.

Can't take the anxiety anymore time for me to put an album on and let sweet old Mary calm me down

Hopefully ill read some good news in the AM
2 x
Clapton is God
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Going to Pitt would be a huge surprise to me. With a roster down to 4 or 5 players after an 0-18 league record the future is beyond dim. Danny could have a break down before the Pitt team reaches respectability in the ACC if they ever do again. And so much for this "family" stuff....
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Blue Man has no idea?!! Is that a joke?
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

The confidence and smoke on twitter right now just searching Hurley's name is insane.

Both Pitt and Uconn are confident it's over in their favor.

And then both are paranoid they swing and miss.

Other people pulling in Chris Mack/Sean Miller/Willard.

I feel like Dan Hurley is Frank Cushman and we are going to end up with Rod Tidwell. I got Cush-lash.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
theblueram
Frank Keaney

What's amazing is how a coach can turn a school into a powerhouse. Prior to Coach K, Dook made 7 NCAAT. Think about that. Coach K has taken Dook to 35 tournaments. I guess it just depends on what your ambitions are. You can be a coach at a school who has success and be another cog in the wheel, or you can be defined as a coach who took a school, made a program and you own it.
1 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Yea this is a complete shet show on all three boards. Everyone hanging on every word the Pitt board thought they won because of the injury source crap on our board tonight. Uconn is so screwed up with how they have fallen in the b-ball world they are more worried about this whole thing than we are on their board. It’s actually a hoot to read the crap that’s out there. Say your payers boys and hope for the best.

GO RHODY!
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I'm not one of 'the five or so', but I did predict more than 60 pages and took the 'over' on finding out by Wednesday.
1 down, Wednesday+ to go....
4 x
xcrun
Michael Andersen

Unread post by xcrun »

Just googled, "does blueman know about Hurley" and nothing came up...
1 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

theblueram wrote:What's amazing is how a coach can turn a school into a powerhouse. Prior to Coach K, Dook made 7 NCAAT. Think about that. Coach K has taken Dook to 35 tournaments. I guess it just depends on what your ambitions are. You can be a coach at a school who has success and be another cog in the wheel, or you can be defined as a coach who took a school, made a program and you own it.
this.

you can make your own legacy, or live in the shadow of someone else's for a few years before they throw you aside for the next hot coach.

To me, Hurley is in that 1st group. Wants to do things his way and make his own legacy
5 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
xcrun
Michael Andersen

Unread post by xcrun »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
theblueram wrote:What's amazing is how a coach can turn a school into a powerhouse. Prior to Coach K, Dook made 7 NCAAT. Think about that. Coach K has taken Dook to 35 tournaments. I guess it just depends on what your ambitions are. You can be a coach at a school who has success and be another cog in the wheel, or you can be defined as a coach who took a school, made a program and you own it.
this.

you can make your own legacy, or live in the shadow of someone else's for a few years before they throw you aside for the next hot coach.

To me, Hurley is in that 1st group. Wants to do things his way and make his own legacy

Bingo, and what we learn in the next few days will answer that. Will Hurley be a legend, or just another hired gun.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

this.

Yeah and if that's the case then URI needs to prove it can be the place that can get him where he wants.
0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

brady1 wrote:Yea this is a complete shet show on all three boards. Everyone hanging on every word the Pitt board thought they won because of the injury source crap on our board tonight. Uconn is so screwed up with how they have fallen in the b-ball world they are more worried about this whole thing than we are on their board. It’s actually a hoot to read the crap that’s out there. Say your payers boys and hope for the best.

GO RHODY!
I need more zeppoles to stress-eat my way through this. Can't do the kind of drinking it would take on a weeknight.
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Puck Frovidence wrote:
brady1 wrote:Yea this is a complete shet show on all three boards. Everyone hanging on every word the Pitt board thought they won because of the injury source crap on our board tonight. Uconn is so screwed up with how they have fallen in the b-ball world they are more worried about this whole thing than we are on their board. It’s actually a hoot to read the crap that’s out there. Say your payers boys and hope for the best.

GO RHODY!
I need more zeppoles to stress-eat my way through this. Can't do the kind of drinking it would take on a weeknight.
Don't underestimate yourself...I think you can if you try .
3 x
xcrun
Michael Andersen

Unread post by xcrun »

Just saying
Attachments
Screenshot_20180320-204727.jpg
7 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Where you been, XCrunner?
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

xcrun wrote:Just saying
He's cloning himself. :D
1 x
xcrun
Michael Andersen

Unread post by xcrun »

Thor...

ATP, there was no need for a dark knight. We need to fight again. We need to keep Hurley.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180320-205205.jpg
6 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote:Where you been, XCrunner?
If it's the same, we're gonna need a bigger boat!
1 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

ATPTourFan wrote:
Gonebarongone wrote:

GBG you are the one who has no idea on this.
You can't say no one knows, including yourself in that, and then guarantee something. That I can say with confidence.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Get it done Rhody! This is our chance to flip the script and no longer be the steppingstone program!
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Every time I see the “Think Big, We Do.” slogan I laugh harder and harder.
1 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote:Every time I see the “Think Big, We Do.” slogan I laugh harder and harder.
Have another. Might help.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

He amount of people focusing on these three schools is outrageous. I see barstoolRhody is trying to organize a gathering of supporters at the ryan tomorrow.
0 x
GO RAMS
Bigsnoop
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bigsnoop »

The Boneyard is getting beyond ridiculous. Now they're saying that Connecticut pizza is better than Rhode Island pizza.

Uuggggggggggghhhhh
4 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

xcrun wrote:
this.

Bingo, and what we learn in the next few days will answer that. Will Hurley be a legend, or just another hired gun.
And also, will Dooley let Dan define this basketball program how he wants it to be. Give him the reigns and let him take this school to the top.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Bigsnoop wrote:The Boneyard is getting beyond ridiculous. Now they're saying that Connecticut pizza is better than Rhode Island pizza.

Uuggggggggggghhhhh
Frank Pepe's is pretty good, just sayin
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

I honestly think he stays, we’ll have potentially our best team ever in two years if this freshmen class pans out plus the big 3 returning and any other recruits Dan gets to augment that squad. If Uconn is really only offering 2M and URI mid 1’s, the programs annual budget must be the issue.
0 x
Bigsnoop
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bigsnoop »

hrstrat57 wrote:
Bigsnoop wrote:The Boneyard is getting beyond ridiculous. Now they're saying that Connecticut pizza is better than Rhode Island pizza.

Uuggggggggggghhhhh
Frank Pepe's is pretty good, just sayin

Very good. Would probably make the top 20 in Rhode Island
0 x