The Coaching Carousel

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: The Coaching Carousel

Unread post by TruePoint »

I think Blueman's point was not that you're a bad person, or even a bad fan, if you cannot donate money (ETA: I wrote this before Blue Man himself responded). Buying tickets and merchandise is all helpful, as well. It's just that the most helpful thing you can do is donate money, so if you can afford to donate money (and you care enough about the program) you should do it.

The point about if the administration wants to do it they'll figure it out...I don't want to be an asshole about this, but this is both factually wrong and philosophically wrong. The school cannot spend money that it doesn't have - when you "donate" money what you are really doing is directly paying for the basketball program that you want. To the extent that the athletic department can "figure it out," what that means in practice is that they will figure out how to get more people to donate more money.

There is no pinning this on the "brass" - this is not the Boston Red Sox where the owner can theoretically spend a billion dollars if he decides he wants something bad enough. This is directly on us - there is nobody out there to save us, it's either we fund the program we want, or we don't get that program. The "brass" isn't holding anything back, money-wise. They aren't sitting on a pile of cash and refusing to spend it. The state isn't going to fund the basketball program we say we want, the A10's TV deal isn't, and they could put another 10,000 seats in the Ryan and sellout every game and it wouldn't be enough to fund the program that we say we want. So either the fans underwrite the cost of growing the program or it doesn't grow. That's the reality. You get what you pay for. If you cannot afford it or you think your money is better spent elsewhere, you don't owe anyone an apology for that but you also don't get to complain if the university is unable to sustain the improvements we've seen with the basketball program due to a lack of resources.
9 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

ah, the silent scream of the internet.

I will say that I put just about every last red cent I have into my 2 year old son's collegebound savings acct. But I can still find something to make a donation to the team, they have more than earned it.
5 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

TruePoint wrote:I think Blueman's point was not that you're a bad person, or even a bad fan, if you cannot donate money (ETA: I wrote this before Blue Man himself responded). Buying tickets and merchandise is all helpful, as well. It's just that the most helpful thing you can do is donate money, so if you can afford to donate money (and you care enough about the program) you should do it.

The point about if the administration wants to do it they'll figure it out...I don't want to be an asshole about this, but this is both factually wrong and philosophically wrong. The school cannot spend money that it doesn't have - when you "donate" money what you are really doing is directly paying for the basketball program that you want. To the extent that the athletic department can "figure it out," what that means in practice is that they will figure out how to get more people to donate more money.

There is no pinning this on the "brass" - this is not the Boston Red Sox where the owner can theoretically spend a billion dollars if he decides he wants something bad enough. This is directly on us - there is nobody out there to save us, it's either we fund the program we want, or we don't get that program. The "brass" isn't holding anything back, money-wise. They aren't sitting on a pile of cash and refusing to spend it. The state isn't going to fund the basketball program we say we want, the A10's TV deal isn't, and they could put another 10,000 seats in the Ryan and sellout every game and it wouldn't be enough to fund the program that we say we want. So either the fans underwrite the cost of growing the program or it doesn't grow. That's the reality. You get what you pay for. If you cannot afford it or you think your money is better spent elsewhere, you don't owe anyone an apology for that but you also don't get to complain if the university is unable to sustain the improvements we've seen with the basketball program due to a lack of resources.
+100000.

You write better than I do.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Rhody83 wrote:Why would Dan ever contemplate Xavier? His is loyal to the coaching fraternity. I don’t think he would ever consider/talk to someone about being interested in a job that isn’t open. It would be total disrespect to coach Mack.
I think I started this by talking Louisville Cardinals hoops.

Mack is talked about as a top candidate for the Cardinals job those making X vacant....

Sorry....
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

hrstrat57 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:Why would Dan ever contemplate Xavier? His is loyal to the coaching fraternity. I don’t think he would ever consider/talk to someone about being interested in a job that isn’t open. It would be total disrespect to coach Mack.
I think I started this by talking Louisville Cardinals hoops.

Mack is talked about as a top candidate for the Cardinals job those making X vacant....

Sorry....
Not that I want it to happen, but one consolation would be that having to face Hurley twice a year would probably drive some PC fans crazy.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

This is a fake story.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

....and while we are on the topic of cash.
Multiple folks including me were trying to get into the team store in the RC yesterday to buy swag whilst attending the home show.

S RI home show ongoing and not open.

Who has an explanation for that?

Not a thread poach since the discussion has morphed into $$$

I want to know why wasn't the store open to potentially do several hundred dollars of business?
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

You got a thing for Cincinnati, you got a thing for Cincinnati. I'm not donating $20 to Xavier.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
steviep123
Sly Williams

hrstrat57 wrote:....and while we are on the topic of cash.
Multiple folks including me were trying to get into the team store in the RC yesterday to buy swag whilst attending the home show.

I want to know why wasn't the store open to potentially do several hundred dollars of business?
What!?! How do you host a big event at the RC and NOT have the Ramzone open? That's just piss poor.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

It's ok, I'm not feeling salty just that bman likes to turn every other thread into a drive for donations. whatever. I still love everybody and the Rhody Rams!
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

ATPTourFan wrote:This is a fake story.
Saw it in multiple bits of Louisville media, talking head crap. Like the made up crap in this thread about Huskies. I should have said that in the above post......

I think Mack would be nuts to leave X wishful thinking by Cardinal fans.

Haven't had time to nose around today but yesterday I found no bits on the WWW linking DH to Louisville. Haven't had time to look today.

Doesn't mean I ain't worried about it......

See my previous Business Insider post linky of who is the richest program in D1 hoops....
Last edited by hrstrat57 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

steviep123 wrote:
hrstrat57 wrote:....and while we are on the topic of cash.

What!?! How do you host a big event at the RC and NOT have the Ramzone open? That's just piss poor.
Yeah Mrs hrstrat57 wanted to buy Rhody swag but she bought light bulbs and a goofy air chair instead....

No SWAG for me yesterday.

Seriously tho I want a legit reason for why the store was closed......
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Rhody83 wrote:
Weldinhall97 wrote: I got to thinking on my early morning flight today, what if anything can I do as a very passionate fan, alumni, and season ticket holder. I came up with 2 things. a.) I plan on donating to the program/athletic dept this week and b.) I decided I am going to type up an email with my thoughts and everything and thank him again for everything. I thought I would send that to Thorr (unless someone here has dan's email) and I thought I would ask Thorr to forward it for me. Will it do anything? Who knows but it is all I could come up with. So if others want to email Thorr and flood his email box with passionate emails to send to Dan, maybe it puts his decision over the top? Maybe maybe not but it is what I am going to do. Let me know if any of you have thorr or dan's email? ....
Dan’s and Thorr’s email are public on uri.edu. danhurley@uri.edu tbjorn@uri.edu

To make a donation:
Go to urifoundation.org and under the gift amount click on “list of Giving Opportunities”.
Page down to find URI Athletics and check on Men’s Basketball.
You can make a donation over the phone at 401-874-2389.
You can mail in a donation to URI Athletics Development, 3 Keaney Rd, Kingston, RI 02881
Make checks payable to URI Foundation

Sending my donation tomorrow as well.

Things to do:
Donate, Donate,Donate
Buy your seadon tickets tomorrow
Send letters to Dan, (danhurley@uri.edu) Thorr (tbjorn@uri.edu) & Dooley
Dooley’s Assistant in Linda Harrison (lharrison@uri.com). Office of Pres 401-874-2444
It seems the email address for Linda Harrison (lharrison@uri.com) is bad as my email bounced. The URI.edu website's directory has michelle@uri.edu under The Office of the President, so I directed my email to President Dooley to that address.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Blue Man wrote:
Not Mike Powell wrote:
Blue Man wrote:I can’t believe it takes something like this for people to donate.

This is the whole reason we’ve struggled for this long as a program.

Say Dan does leave...does this mean you stop donating then?

Expect to be right back in the Baron zone.

We couldn’t buy out a bad coach because we didn’t have the money. Thankfully we got a good coach to help us win and bring in money, but this is what Dan talks about...commitment to being a good basketball program by EVERYBODY.

I get it if you’re not like me and didn’t start giving money the second we fired Baron (I started working in 2010 but refused to support until we fired CFL)- but if you loved this program, regardless of the coach...and $20 a year is what you’re willing to give after 6 years of a heavy uplift...we’re never going to sustain success as a fan base.

Dan wants everyone - the school, the fans, the admins - to fully commit.

I love the idea of everyone giving even a little bit, every little bit helps.

But you can pay monthly. You can pay weekly. You can pay however works...athletics is flexible. You might even have a company match.

$20.18 is a nice, kitschy story - but what’s that tell athletics and Dan for next year if he stays and we do well - an extra $.01 will come in? That’s the support we’re willing to give?

The opinions on this board and the expectations of this fan base are way out of whack with a $20.18 donation.

$20.18 per month? That’s more like it. $20.18 per week? Now we can really talk about goals.

I really don’t mean to disparage anyone for the donation, it’s much better than the nothing that most give and it is definitely appreciated (plus everyone’s financial situation)...but we need to face the realities of this.

If we want the level of program Dan wants, it takes money.

Charter flights for recruiting, charter flights for games, coach salaries, practice facilities, etc, etc, etc - it’s not cheap.

Again, I LOVE that this run is inspiring people to finally open up their wallets - i just hope that it doesn’t take the best 2 seasons in 2 decades to pull $20 from the fans.

This is the point where everyone needs to choose what kind of a program we want to have. I really hope it’s worth a lot to everyone.
Alright, take a step back there and realize we're talking about donating to a college basketball program and not a charity...
A) By tax laws it's a charity.

B) Since you're posting on this board I would assume you can understand the benefits to the university as a whole if this basketball program is consistently good and making deep runs into March. Extrapolate what is donated ten fold for the benefits that come back each NCAA credit we attain. Beyond the money paid by the NCAA - the exposure, branding, and free advertising revenue that come with it equals more applications. More applications means we can take higher and more qualified students into the University. The more of those students that come from out of state, the more revenue they bring in by paying out-of-state tuition.

C) If you don't care about seeing a good basketball program, why are you posting on this message board? If you do care about seeing a good basketball program, donations are what it takes. Don't shoot the messenger.
-7,000+ people at our home games down the stretch
-Students lining up at 5AM for an under .500 Dayton game
-Huge Rhody crowds in DC and Pittsburgh.
-Best support the program has had in years and you're looking at it totally wrong. You do realize Hurley gets a percentage of the gate costs and I believe, a $30,000 bonus for winning the A-10 and $10,000 for winning an NCAA game, right?
- Hurley knows the fan support is there

I spent more than enough money going to those games in DC as it is. Didn't have the financial means to get to Pitt. I'm sure a lot of others on this board are in the same boat. Don't insult my fanhood because I'm not going to donate to the Dan Hurley salary fund.
3 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Dan gets $20,000 per NCAA game. URI gets $1.28 million per game.

I agree with TP’s post above but I would add that Dr. Dolley needs to find a way of getting 100% of this year’s NCAA Tournament money into the Men’s Basketball Program. URI will get $500,000/year for five years from the two NCAA games this year. That money goes to the URI General Fund.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Correction:
Hurley gets guaranteed money that is primarily paid for by gate receipts and supplemented by the URI Foundation as needed. He isn't paid a % of gate receipts.

Also, Coach Hurley earns $20k for each NCAA game appearance, $20k for A10 regular season or A10 Tournament Championship, $25k if Gross Tix Sales hit $1 Million and $5k for A10 Coach of the Year.

Also, $20k bonus for A10 championship and $25k bonus for NCAA Tournament achievement will be paid to Staff at discretion of Coach Hurley.

I wouldn't be surprised if those silly little bonuses (little in terms of his total comp package) will be given to his staff along with the discretionary fund he already holds to give to staff each season.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Not Mike Powell wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
Not Mike Powell wrote:
Alright, take a step back there and realize we're talking about donating to a college basketball program and not a charity...
A) By tax laws it's a charity.

B) Since you're posting on this board I would assume you can understand the benefits to the university as a whole if this basketball program is consistently good and making deep runs into March. Extrapolate what is donated ten fold for the benefits that come back each NCAA credit we attain. Beyond the money paid by the NCAA - the exposure, branding, and free advertising revenue that come with it equals more applications. More applications means we can take higher and more qualified students into the University. The more of those students that come from out of state, the more revenue they bring in by paying out-of-state tuition.

C) If you don't care about seeing a good basketball program, why are you posting on this message board? If you do care about seeing a good basketball program, donations are what it takes. Don't shoot the messenger.
-7,000+ people at our home games down the stretch
-Students lining up at 5AM for an under .500 Dayton game
-Huge Rhody crowds in DC and Pittsburgh.
-Best support the program has had in years and you're looking at it totally wrong. You do realize Hurley gets a percentage of the gate costs and I believe, a $30,000 bonus for winning the A-10 and $10,000 for winning an NCAA game, right?
- Hurley knows the fan support is there

I spent more than enough money going to those games in DC as it is. Didn't have the financial means to get to Pitt. I'm sure a lot of others on this board are in the same boat. Don't insult my fanhood because I'm not going to donate to the Dan Hurley salary fund.
Oh God - where are you getting this? Do you pay attention to anything?

1st of all "support" from fans doesn't equal "support" financially. Students waiting out in line at 5am is a benefit of a built program, not a contributor. If you want those crowds to continue, we need to keep winning. To keep winning, we need recruits. To attract recruits, we need funding to do all of the things mentioned here.

Just because we are better than we were doesn't mean we are better than anyone else in the conference. When the college basketball landscape changed in the mid-00's, we were left behind. We started to catch up in 2012...but everyone else kept moving the whole time. Now all we've done is stop being further behind the VCU's and Dayton's of the conference. It didn't move us ahead.

Pre-2000 in college basketball the success cycle was much quicker with regards to investments/talent. It's why we had a good program roughly every 10 years. Then it changed. It took us 20 to get back to the top. Now the investments cost more.

We want to be VCU or better. Everything I've talked about is what VCU does, or what similarly successful programs do.

I'm not "insulting your fanhood" - I didn't go to Pitt either. I spent a lot of money in DC too. None of that money went to the program. Asses in the seats are a benefit to a successful program. Sustained success costs literal money. It's the actual definition of putting your money where your mouth is.

This is not a donation to the "Dan Hurley salary fund" - it never has been. Dan always asks for investments to the program, not himself. He wants more money to pay his staff. He wants more money to be able to recruit kids in a wider range of places via charter flights. He wants more money to have the competitive advantage of charter flights to go to away games. He wants more money to build infrastructure that will help his players practice better and recruit more talented kids with every class.

There's obviously a market value for college coaches but if Dan was all about money, he'd have left for Rutgers, St John's, or Georgetown.

As TP said, you don't need to apologize to anyone for not donating - but you do lose your right to complain if Dan leaves and we go right on back to sucking for another 20 years.

As for his contract - yes, he gets a significant chunk of his $1.1M from gate receipts. $640k last year to be exact. So what does that tell you about where the rest of the salary gap would come from since there's only so much room in the Ryan Center?

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... -24-season
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
PillPushr
Michael Andersen

Unread post by PillPushr »

In regards to emails, both Dr. Dooley and Coach Hurley have uri.edu email addresses as school staff.

Dr. Dooley's is davedooley@uri.edu
Coach Hurley's is danhurley@uri.edu

I am sure as alums, current students, or supporters of the univetsity, we have a right to email them.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

For what it's worth at the end McNamara's article posted last night:

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... for-uri-pc

"Hurley will surely field calls with lucrative job offers. Rhody has reworked his contract four times in six years and the lawyers had better get ready again. It’s hard to see where a significant pay increase over his $1.2-million package is going to come from and a dedicated men’s basketball practice facility is a pipe dream. But Hurley has shown the school what a winning program can do for the campus, if not the state.

Now we’ll see if this marriage can last. A little more money, plus some program enhancements, will keep Hurley in town as long as a top-20 power doesn’t enter the picture. That’s probably not Connecticut, and certainly isn’t Pittsburgh. If a Louisville calls, however, all bets are off."

If McNamara's thoughts are correct, then we should be able to do what we can to keep Hurley. The article also mentions a practice facility being a pipe dream, but another thread on this board states it should be coming.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Kmac hopes the practice facility is a pipe dream.
0 x
GO RAMS
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Not sure if this is legit or not:

0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Bruce Pearl?? LOLOLOLOL

They never want to get off probation, or what?

(But seriously, pleeeeeease hire Bruce Pearl, UConn. I am not in any way trying to persuade you not to do that.)
3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

My guess Hurley’s agent set the bar high to see what he his market value is. Maybe UConn hoped to get him cheap.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

They're trying to fire Ollie for just cause and they would hire Bruce Pearl? I would say that tweeter has no credibility.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Iggy1979 wrote:They're trying to fire Ollie for just cause and they would hire Bruce Pearl? I would say that tweeter has no credibility.
Are they really firing him for just cause or is it because of his abysmal performance as a coach and they don't want to do the huge buyout?
3 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

BleedBlue87 wrote:
Iggy1979 wrote:They're trying to fire Ollie for just cause and they would hire Bruce Pearl? I would say that tweeter has no credibility.
Are they really firing him for just cause or is it because of his abysmal performance as a coach and they don't want to do the huge buyout?
They're firing him for losing but they're saying it's because he cheated, which means they really can't go out and hire a cheater.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
steviep123
Sly Williams

He may or may not have credibility, but the Trump/Keady comment had me laughing my a** off!
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Iggy1979
Sly Williams

steviep123 wrote:For what it's worth at the end McNamara's article posted last night:

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... for-uri-pc

"Hurley will surely field calls with lucrative job offers. Rhody has reworked his contract four times in six years and the lawyers had better get ready again. It’s hard to see where a significant pay increase over his $1.2-million package is going to come from and a dedicated men’s basketball practice facility is a pipe dream. But Hurley has shown the school what a winning program can do for the campus, if not the state.

Now we’ll see if this marriage can last. A little more money, plus some program enhancements, will keep Hurley in town as long as a top-20 power doesn’t enter the picture. That’s probably not Connecticut, and certainly isn’t Pittsburgh. If a Louisville calls, however, all bets are off."

If McNamara's thoughts are correct, then we should be able to do what we can to keep Hurley. The article also mentions a practice facility being a pipe dream, but another thread on this board states it should be coming.
PC lost Holt to injury and Cartwright was hurt. URI got lucky because the A-10 was down this year. PC has a good class coming in; no mention of URI's class.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

It's not like Uconn ever had a squeaky clean image, and their boosters and fan base definitely want to win and win quick. So I am not sure I would discount the Bruce Pearl connection so quickly. They cannot hire a mid major guy without star power - with Hurley you get the rising star but also the brand name coach that wins a press conference. Not many others out there that get you that. Nate Oats doesn't get you that. Ryan Odom doesn't get you that.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Kmac is such a turd.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

KMac should leave the coaching/program speculations to someone who actually follows the program and knows what is going on like Bill Koch.
3 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhodymob05 wrote:Kmac hopes the practice facility is a pipe dream.
......I think the practice facility is more a pipeline thing than a pipe dream thing......
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

I could be wrong but pretty sure Kmac at the beginning of the season was saying this could be one of the deepest pc teams Cooley has had. Boy have the tunes changed since. No mention of ec injury issues as an excuse from Kmac for uri last two years.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

BleedBlue87 wrote:Not sure if this is legit or not:

I almost lost focus on this because of the initial shock Bruce Pearl being air dropped into this whole situation, but if Hurley was less excited about their offer and the general idea of going to UConn than they had assumed he would be while they were discussing the parameters of a deal with his agent, "he wanted too much money and wasn't willing to budge" is fairly adept spin by UConn. It's like not only did he initially have crazy ideas about how much he is worth but even when we tried to reason with him he stayed stubborn about it. I don't know anything about this guy tweeting about this, but that kind of take just looks and smells like exactly what UConn would backchannel to their people in the media to save face. Would be great if that is what were happening here.
3 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

ace wrote:
In the past Xavier has hired within (Matta to Sean Miller to Chris Mack). Would they continue that with Travis Steele (9 year assistant at Xavier) or would they go for Hurley? My gut says that they'll want more than an assistant now that they're firmly placed in a top conference fresh off having a 1 seed and a great crop of young talent.

This job and the Seton Hall job are the two that have scared me for quite some time. Jones and Marshall were both recruited by Rhode Island. I'd imagine Hurley is their top candidate and don't see him turning down this type of opportunity. Plus he's a Bengals fan.

Hoping Mack stays put, but I can see him leaving.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I don't blame DH for high contract demands. If I were him I woukd start at 4 milly per year . If they won't budge just move on
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

section(105) wrote:
Rhodymob05 wrote:Kmac hopes the practice facility is a pipe dream.
......I think the practice facility is more a pipeline thing than a pipe dream thing......
I'm not an insider (if you guys didn't already know that!), but I was there in Pittsburgh and I certainly got the impression that it's more pipline than pipedream.
1 x
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Unread post by FattsAndFurious »

0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Jeff Jacobs of Herst Media in CT reporting Hurley to CT is close to a done deal.
0 x
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Unread post by mstyles22 »

Was just gonna post that...

If true, I just hope we announce our replacement (Cox) soon...
Last edited by mstyles22 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
mstyles22
Kenny Green

0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Boom goes the dynamite...
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Bos8 wrote:Jeff Jacobs of Herst Media in CT reporting Hurley to CT is close to a done deal.
Dear Dan,

I get it. There might be five non stepping stone gigs in college basketball. I don't have any problem with trying to improve your lot. Please...just not UConn. You can win just as much here.

Sincerely,

GBG.
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Dre3000 wrote:Boom goes the dynamite...
I hope you’re not happy if you’re proven right. That’s kind of a crappy thing to gloat about.
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

mstyles22
Kenny Green

steviep123 wrote:
Dre3000 wrote:Boom goes the dynamite...
I hope you’re not happy if you’re proven right. That’s kind of a crappy thing to gloat about.
Was thinking the same thing. Even earlier posts had a kind of “I hope I’m right, so I can tell everyone that I was right” vibe to them.
1 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

I'm actually indifferent. It'd be great if he stayed, but I am genuinely happy for him. Hopefully Cox gets hired, anyone else comes in and the recruiting class goes elsewhere as well as Dowtin, Russell, and Langevine. At least that's what is believed at this point.
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Believed by who? If everything is moving then get the right guy. He has a buyout. He's built some stuff here. I like Cox. I like all these assistants but who says that's what URI needs?
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry