3/15 | Oklahoma Sooners | 12:15PM | CBS (NCAA 1st Rd.)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: 3/15 | Oklahoma Sooners | 12:15PM | CBS (NCAA 1st Rd.)

Unread post by RF1 »

1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Snuck off to Cleats in Westerly form work and had to go back but what a fantastic game! I was so excited I could barely text my family. Fatts was insane, the steal and step back three hot shit!!!!! Terrell’s long 3 set the second half pace. How about Cyril’s second half!!! And EC came thru how great for that kid! People are amazingly pumped about URI!!!
3 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Thanks to everyone for all of the links - being out of the country and literally on the road during the game, I really appreciate the recap stuff!
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Proud to be a part of the ram family in Pittsburgh today. Quite a battle! Nice to see us make foul shots at crunch time. Beat Duke!
5 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Last year, non-Rhody people fell in love with this team in Sacramento. It’s happening again. Nothing’s promised, enjoy this run.

—————
Between his matchup and his play, Russell shined Thursday, but his outsized sense of confidence hardly makes him unique on a team defined in part by its personalities, something that has captivated those who have crossed paths with it in Pittsburgh.

On the court, the Rams are a team as aggressive and intense as their coach. Off it, however, they’re a group senior Jarvis Garrett described as goofy, a unit that brims with bravado.
—————

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/marc ... 1803150158
Last edited by ace 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
6 x
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

i know its been said but can't give enough props to E.C. I was scared he was going to go into hero ball mode, but he was fantastic, that drive and kick to find fatts for a corner 3 was such a great play. watching in OT i had the feeling he knew he could take his man, but he didnt force it and got 2 great looks. really the only time i felt he forced a shot was that ridiculous and 1 so can't really complain about that when we really needed a lift.
6 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I texted my friends saying watch out for Fatts here and boom he goes off for 3 straight 3s love that kid !!
1 x
Justns11
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Justns11 »

I’m not a season ticket holder (went to 8 games so might as well be) and I sat in section 211 and was one if the only URI fans up there but I heard multiple people around me commenting about how great our fans travelled to this game. It really felt like the whole stadium was pulling for us. This whole day was perfect and my wife and I are having a great time in Pittsburgh so far. Can’t wait for Saturday!!
steviep123 wrote:Can't wait to go home and watch the recording! Anyone there in Pitt want to comment on how the crowd was?
6 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

wRe: 3/15 | Oklahoma Sooners | 12:15PM | CBS (NCAA 1st Rd.)

Unread post by ram1980 »

Not a happy camper about having to work for a living. My wife and I really enjoyed the DC experience.. Such fun... Wish we were in Pitt... Keep playing hard guys.. Make duke work for everything that get.. Great win today....
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: wRe: 3/15 | Oklahoma Sooners | 12:15PM | CBS (NCAA 1st Rd.)

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ram1980 wrote:Not a happy camper about having to work for a living. My wife and I really enjoyed the DC experience.. Such fun... Wish we were in Pitt... Keep playing hard guys.. Make duke work for everything that get.. Great win today....
That working for a living thing...all about sacrifices. So wish we coulda been in DC, but when my son and I come to see them in Pitts, they're undefeated, so here we are...big test of that streak tomorrow...Great game today, go Rhody!
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Can we all agree to stop using the term “hero ball” especially about this team. It connotes a sense of selfishness that this team simply doesn’t have. I hate the term. In basketball you go 1-on-1 at times. It’s part of the game. But this team has literally no one that plays for themselves or tries to be a hero. Let’s be better.
9 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: wRe: 3/15 | Oklahoma Sooners | 12:15PM | CBS (NCAA 1st Rd.)

Unread post by theblueram »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
ram1980 wrote:Not a happy camper about having to work for a living. My wife and I really enjoyed the DC experience.. Such fun... Wish we were in Pitt... Keep playing hard guys.. Make duke work for everything that get.. Great win today....
That working for a living thing...all about sacrifices. So wish we coulda been in DC, but when my son and I come to see them in Pitts, they're undefeated, so here we are...big test of that streak tomorrow...Great game today, go Rhody!
You are probably the greatest fan I know. Cheers. Make sure we cut nets on Saturday!!!!
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

bigappleram wrote:Can we all agree to stop using the term “hero ball” especially about this team. It connotes a sense of selfishness that this team simply doesn’t have. I hate the term. In basketball you go 1-on-1 at times. It’s part of the game. But this team has literally no one that plays for themselves or tries to be a hero. Let’s be better.
I was saying to my wife earlier when the announcers were noting our 3point shooting percentages that we shoot a lot of 3 point shots, which I will call difficult/tough since ppl are so sensitive on here lately. Doesn't account for when EC makes Trae Young fall down and has a wide open 3 point shot.

Our percentages aren't indicative of the shooting team that we are because the stats are skewed by tons of contested shots that are tough to make.

I think hero ball is just an easy way to describe when someone takes a contested shot after dribbling. I don't think it has the negative connotations ppl here or Disano attach. Just lazy way to say they are passing the ball less.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......looking back on today, feel really good for the seniors that washed most of the hell week bad taste out, with all making contributions today.....and living the weekend being alive.....do have to say the torch is being lit and ready to be passed to the Fatts era.....let’s give Duke all we got and Go s Rhody.....edit....and the likes of Chris DiSano and many of his peers are being wasted with Kenny and Charles....edit was meant for the Talk Thread......pass the merlot....l
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I know it’s not fair to our seniors but when Fatts plays like he did today I cannot help but look forward to next three years.
6 x
Slava Ukraini!
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

anyone have Steve McDonald's call of EC's 3?
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I do have a question about what happened to Jarvis. He played 13 minutes, which I know didn’t all come in the first half, but I barely remember seeing him down the stretch or in OT. Wonder if it was just a game flow thing with Fatts having the hot hand so they rode it and that ate into Jarvis’s minutes.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

TruePoint wrote:I do have a question about what happened to Jarvis. He played 13 minutes, which I know didn’t all come in the first half, but I barely remember seeing him down the stretch or in OT. Wonder if it was just a game flow thing with Fatts having the hot hand so they rode it and that ate into Jarvis’s minutes.
dont think it was anything more than riding the hot hand of Fatts. he had Young flustered
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

TruePoint wrote:I do have a question about what happened to Jarvis. He played 13 minutes, which I know didn’t all come in the first half, but I barely remember seeing him down the stretch or in OT. Wonder if it was just a game flow thing with Fatts having the hot hand so they rode it and that ate into Jarvis’s minutes.
Def a hot hand thing, but i do recall Jarvis (as usual) grabbing a couple of HUGE rebounds for us
4 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

RhodysRelevant wrote:
Def a hot hand thing, but i do recall Jarvis (as usual) grabbing a couple of HUGE rebounds for us
Yeah he was pulling down some important ones
0 x
NJ03
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NJ03 »

DC_Rams wrote:
steviep123 wrote:Can't wait to go home and watch the recording! Anyone there in Pitt want to comment on how the crowd was?
It was awesome! Felt like we were in our home arena. Fans were GREAT, HELLUVA TURNOUT!

Agreed. Great Rhody turnout. Oklahoma had by far the least amount of fans of the four schools playing. Rhody fans were everywhere and loud. Felt like a home game with most of the Duke and Iona fans on our side as well. People of Pittsburgh have been great. Been getting plenty of congratulations followed by a “we want your coach badly.” Sucks for them. Can’t wait for Sat!!
Last edited by NJ03 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

5 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

The Pittsburgh writers have been putting out some good stuff.

http://triblive.com/sports/-topstories/ ... th-destiny
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Uh oh, some of the mystery being unveiled in that Article! Who is Frogman?!?!?
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

So many great articles out right now, but if you missed this one the first time around, it’s definitely worth a read

As Rams Ready for NCAA Opener, Buchanan Sees Things Come Full Circle
http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/ ... 0314qw9idj

This one is good, too-

Loyalty, Accountability And Passion Key Blocks in What Hurley Has Built
http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/ ... 0315gmjth9

And this-
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I just very much enjoy everything right now.

The better Jeff plays - and Fatts and Cyril (who were 2 of the 3 the players Dan brought up at the presser yesterday) - the more sure everyone can be that Dan stays.

Money or not the guy is allergic to losing. He's getting 2 and 3 more years out of these guys, plus next year's recruiting class. The further we go and the better we play (and the more people that show up at these games), the more of a certainty Dan staying becomes, because he'll believe he will have the support and ability to get it done here.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

Don't know if this was posted earlier, but the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette had an article on the Frog Man:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/marc ... 1803150152
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Blue Man wrote:I just very much enjoy everything right now.

The better Jeff plays - and Fatts and Cyril (who were 2 of the 3 the players Dan brought up at the presser yesterday) - the more sure everyone can be that Dan stays.

Money or not the guy is allergic to losing. He's getting 2 and 3 more years out of these guys, plus next year's recruiting class. The further we go and the better we play (and the more people that show up at these games), the more of a certainty Dan staying becomes, because he'll believe he will have the support and ability to get it done here.
yup, he knows he isnt in for a mini rebuild after this year. Jefe, Cyril, Fatts is a damn good 3 to build on. Especially adding a top 25 class to it. He knows he's looking at about half a season of growing pains at worst
3 x
---
---
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

TulaneGradRamFan wrote:I guess Don and Steve (the voice of the Rams) aren't broadcasting this. The link to the audio coverage takes you to the Rush Limbaugh Show. Too bad because I like to listen to the half time analysis.
Sounds like you were trying online, I know RIU said you could listen to the game on the radio but they weren't allowed to stream the games online like they normally do. I imagine the B101 broadcast is under the same rules
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
steviep123
Sly Williams

Hurley on Mad Dog radio from yesterday:

0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Blue Man wrote:I just very much enjoy everything right now.

Archie Miller left the cupboard empty. Will Wade left some pieces but they cant win anything. URI is set up to compete next year and the years ahead. Looking very good.
2 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
RhodyRam2011
Abdul Fox

Unread post by RhodyRam2011 »

Maybe my favorite Rhody sequence ever.
6 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Just want to see what next year's recruiting class can do. Our program has come a long way, but it's not there yet.

Make the charters and recruiting charters happen. Make the practice facility happen. Make the assistants pay enough to keep them.

Do we need Dan here for a while longer to make these things happen? That's the question.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rambone 78 wrote:Just want to see what next year's recruiting class can do. Our program has come a long way, but it's not there yet.

Make the charters and recruiting charters happen. Make the practice facility happen. Make the assistants pay enough to keep them.

Do we need Dan here for a while longer to make these things happen? That's the question.
I mean...we're there. We were 2 bad basketball games away from being a 4 seed. We're playing Duke tomorrow. Back to back NCAA wins for the first time ever.

Are we a blue blood yet? No. Are we Gonzaga yet? No. But we're "there" - nationally relevant, nationally competitive, nationally ranked...we matter. We're there.

Do we need Dan here for a while longer to continue to get to that perennial second weekend team level? YES.

Just don't ignore where we're at now thinking it's nothing.
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Pittsburgh was heaven yesterday.

Probably the best sports experience I've ever had.

Fatts stealing the ball from Trae and nailing the three in his face was flat out bad ass, gangsta, unnecessary, mean, despicable, lovely, deplorable, wonderful.
HE ATE HIM ALIVE. I was poopin on the floor in that moment. Voice gone.

Loved walking around with pride in the arena.

I do have to say most fans were not very hype for any of the games.

I watched the Duke game and got to talk Rhody centric trash to their players and fans.

So many disgusting Duke fans. They aren't worried about us, they were laughing about playin us.

Let's show them.

The Rhody bar was awesome too. Cool people. Loved they had beer at the door. Really needed it.

I was trashed at the VT Bama game. I came with a tech fan. Almost a perfect day for both of us.
That game was fun.

Wish I realized for our game I could move down to better seats...

GO RHDOY
8 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Enjoy

2 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

rhodysurf wrote:Enjoy

jeez, they already took it down.

try Daily Motion or Vimeo instead...those are more like international waters
0 x
---
---
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

BUMMER. haha heres a direct link instead
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

ace wrote:
Goosebumps!!!

Even better to hear Steve making the calls. I'm enjoying every second of this.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

"Don't do it to them like that Fatts" by Reggie Miller is the new version of Brent Musbergers "How do you do" after the Kenny Green slam against Syracuse.
4 x
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

PeterRamTime wrote:Pittsburgh was heaven yesterday.

Probably the best sports experience I've ever had.

Fatts stealing the ball from Trae and nailing the three in his face was flat out bad ass, gangsta, unnecessary, mean, despicable, lovely, deplorable, wonderful.
HE ATE HIM ALIVE. I was poopin on the floor in that moment. Voice gone.

Loved walking around with pride in the arena.

I do have to say most fans were not very hype for any of the games.

I watched the Duke game and got to talk Rhody centric trash to their players and fans.

So many disgusting Duke fans. They aren't worried about us, they were laughing about playin us.

Let's show them.

The Rhody bar was awesome too. Cool people. Loved they had beer at the door. Really needed it.

I was trashed at the VT Bama game. I came with a tech fan. Almost a perfect day for both of us.
That game was fun.

Wish I realized for our game I could move down to better seats...

GO RHDOY
Can we hear some specific shit talking stories??
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The Sooner media perspective

Sooners didn't have enough to help Trae Young
Berry Tramel by Berry Tramel Published: March 15, 2018 8:15 PM CDT Updated: March 15, 2018 8:15 PM CDT
http://newsok.com/trae-youngs-sidekicks ... le/5587258
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Love this guy!
How I’m feeling right now!!! https://t.co/wIaLh1D9nm
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

1 x