Watching the games in Boston

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
DelroyIsMyHero
Michael Andersen

Watching the games in Boston

Unread post by DelroyIsMyHero »

Hey all! I’m here at Harry’s Bar in Boston to watch all 3 games. It’s quiet and empty and they’re putting it on the big screen for us each day. Good food and drinks. Come join if you can’t make it to DC! Official game watch is the Championship Sunday.
3 x
DelroyIsMyHero
Michael Andersen

Re: Watching the games in Boston

Sidebar, does anyone know the direct TV channel for NBCSN in Boston?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

0 x
DelroyIsMyHero
Michael Andersen

Thanks reef! Got it on -
2 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

Hmm I might try to make it there tomorrow.
2 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
URI_CellBio14
Abdul Fox

Unread post by URI_CellBio14 »

I’m in Boston and will try to make it tomorrow to Harry’s
0 x
DelroyIsMyHero
Michael Andersen

Good to hear! I wasn't there today. A bit under the weather so I saved my energy for tomorrow and watched from home. How was it? We had about 6-10 folks for game 1, but I'm expecting plenty more tomorrow.

The game watch we did for Big Chill Weekend had like 30-40 people.

Also, harrys is frigging awesome. They ordered Gansetts for the game - not normally featured there.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Aren't "awesome" and "Gansetts" mutually exclusive? :lol: :lol:
3 x
Micheal_Phelps_22
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Micheal_Phelps_22 »

Took the risk of working yesterday and today so I could have tomorrow off with the hope of being able to watch Rhody distraction free. WILL check out Harry's for the viewing party.

Was at tavern in the Square north station during the day and we had a decent Rhody crowd watching the game. Headed over to the Caskn Flagon for my night shift and saw more Rhody fans still sitting at this bar. It is AWESOME seeing so much Rhody pride up here. Certainly wasn't like this when I got up to Boston two + years ago.
3 x
DelroyIsMyHero
Michael Andersen

Micheal_Phelps_22 wrote:Took the risk of working yesterday and today so I could have tomorrow off with the hope of being able to watch Rhody distraction free. WILL check out Harry's for the viewing party.

Was at tavern in the Square north station during the day and we had a decent Rhody crowd watching the game. Headed over to the Caskn Flagon for my night shift and saw more Rhody fans still sitting at this bar. It is AWESOME seeing so much Rhody pride up here. Certainly wasn't like this when I got up to Boston two + years ago.

Very true. I'm surprised just how many of us there are in Brighton alone too! It has been a blast watching the games only a 15 minute walk from home.
1 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

We had a really sad 3 person watch party with guys from the board up in Somerville a few years back :lol:
1 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Hoping to make it tomorrow. All depends on when my wife gets home from work. Will need to watch our 2 year old until then. She will be home before 1pm so I can watch. It all depends on if she gets home early enough for me to get to Harry's in time for the start.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

skwalk47 wrote:We had a really sad 3 person watch party with guys from the board up in Somerville a few years back :lol:
Was that the time I met you at Olde MaGoun's Saloon?
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
DelroyIsMyHero
Michael Andersen

Hey all were here! First floor near the door. Say hi! I think we’re all scattered in the bar. Come join in the front.
1 x