The Coaching Carousel

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: The Coaching Carousel

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Shinze88 wrote:
rjsuperfly66 wrote:
Shinze88 wrote:UConn is nowhere near ready to compete for a national title and the UCONN job is lateral at best. Dan's next move (if he even makes a next move) is to a place where he can make deep runs in the ncaa every year. The UCONN brand is a shell of what it was, i'm sure Dan's dream job is not another massive rebuild.
UCONN might not be ready to compete at this moment but it's still a school that has won 4 National Championships in the last two decades, and is only four years removed from their last one. The right hire with the right mentality can definitely turn UCONN around, the problem was that program lacked discipline. It's also a program that with a little juice can return to recruiting 4/5 star recruits with consistency, which I think the right hire can help with. The only thing I've ever heard about Hurley (money aside) is that if he were to take that last step in his career, it would be to a place where he could recruit at a tremendously high level. That's definitely not UCONN in it's current shape, but something worth noting.

I dont disagree, but it just feels like the 4 NC's and the UCONN brand mean zilch right now. The fact they are in the AAC and have the NCAA investigating them is what makes this job unattractive to a coach like Hurley who'll have much better options. I'm not saying he'll be at URI forever, but at this point in his career you'd have to think he's looking for a much better opportunity than what the UCONN job is offering. There's not much difference between the programs and conferences at this point in time.
Plus...job 1 would be to recruit guys capable of beating the women's team on the same campus...
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

If Dan leaves he owes uri nothing in terms of what he promised.It is the most backward of complements but at a school like uri, the highest complement you can be paid is that everybody wants your coach. I will say as much as I am getting pumped for this game in an hour, trolling uconn fans on Twitter is equally entertaining. Anytime uconn feels like they are *just* another New England state school, the better for us.
2 x
Bigsnoop
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bigsnoop »

Billyboy78 wrote:Is this Dan's way of trying to get more improvements for URI? We know that he and Zags are tight. So, is this a negotiating ploy for a facility, chartered planes and assistant salaries?
Adam Zagoria‏Verified account @AdamZagoria · 17m17 minutes ago
 Again, Dan Hurley will be very popular on the Coaching Carousel in the coming weeks.
You are greatly over-estimating the relationship between Hurley and "Zags"
0 x
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

Billyboy78 wrote:
rhodysurf wrote:I gotta say it’s some bullshit to be throwing around Hurley’s name in public when the team is in the middle of trying to make a tournament run
Totally agree with that. This can't wait two weeks or so?
Cooley's name is also being mentioned like I have said before I think both Hurley and Cooley are way to smart to get caught up in that dumpster fire.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

OK real reluctant to bump this thread with Hurley talk but I believe Dan will wait for a Tobacco Road job. Perhaps a Big 10 or Big 12 blue blood. Yep I’m talking UNC, NCState, Kansas, Indiana etc.

Last job move. I don’t see that job open at present.

I further strongly believe that he will be in direct competition with Ed Cooley for that dream hoops job. It would be difficult for me to pick between the two.

That’s it from me.

Coach stays.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Yeah, here's our 'friend of the program' again after the announcement of the Ollie firing. Screw him.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Re Cooley to UConn tho I would love it if it happened there is no way he would make that particular move to create the level of resulting hatred from his home state.

Johnny Damon, Wade Boggs type hate.

Even if it was a plum job no way.

I believe Cooley and Hurley are in pretty much the same place.

Now I’m really gonna focus on Rhody hoops!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

RF1 wrote:
RIFan wrote:Maybe because we are not in their media market that we don't hear it, but i'm surprised Mark Schmidt is not mentioned for any openings...I assume he will be at the end of this season. He has done great work up in Olean.

His name (Schmidt) has been associated with Pitt. He has connections to the area as he coached at Robert Morris in metro Pittsburgh for six years and met his wife, a local native, when he was there. Still has family on his wife's side there.
Ahh, I figured it was strange that I don't remember seeing his name for any openings. He seems too good to not be in demand. Thanks.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

hrstrat57 wrote:OK real reluctant to bump this thread with Hurley talk but I believe Dan will wait for a Tobacco Road job. Perhaps a Big 10 or Big 12 blue blood. Yep I’m talking UNC, NCState, Kansas, Indiana etc.

Last job move. I don’t see that job open at present.

I further strongly believe that he will be in direct competition with Ed Cooley for that dream hoops job. It would be difficult for me to pick between the two.

That’s it from me.

Coach stays.
2 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

College Game Day just discussing the Ollie firing and the only candidate they mentioned was Hurley. They also mentioned the Georgia job is opening up. Not sure if geography works, but that would seem to be a much better job than UCONN or PITT.

Didn't we lose a coach to Georgia once before???
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I had no idea Kevin Willard’s dad coached at Pitt.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Billyboy78 wrote:Yeah, here's our 'friend of the program' again after the announcement of the Ollie firing. Screw him.
Your stress is stressing me out. This is college hoops, it's how it works. Just let it roll off your back, my man.
4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

TruePoint wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Yeah, here's our 'friend of the program' again after the announcement of the Ollie firing. Screw him.
Your stress is stressing me out. This is college hoops, it's how it works. Just let it roll off your back, my man.
Sorry. I've just seen it happen too many times, after 78(Kraft sickness), 88 and 98. For once, I just want it to last for a while. If there is another prolonged period 'til it happens again, I'll probably be dead. At least I will be stress free.
0 x
VCUDevDog
Jim Eitner

Unread post by VCUDevDog »

Hey All,

Let me start by saying great game yesterday. You guys have built something special. I think you have the talent to make an impressive run in the NCAA tourney this year.

In regards to the coaching carousel, as a VCU fan we can definitely relate. It seemed like a yearly thing for us and it was frustrating as heck to see people talking about our coaches leaving. Its unforunately the nature of winning. The more success you have the more schools will be gunning for your coach.That said , I hope you keep your coach. Him staying is good for the conference as a whole.
We at VCU all thought Shaka would stay forever. The guy did interviews saying he was happy here. His wife was very involved in the community and they just had a little girl. He turned down countless offers from P5 schools. Then out of the blue he takes the Texas job. Then with Will Wade we all figured he would be around for atleast 5 years, but then the guy took a job with a school whose AD was considered a lot worse then VCU. It just made no sense. Not to count that most coaches who move up from VCU dont seem to do very well. That still didnt stop these guys from leaving.

I say that to say this. Enjoy the ride. Dont try to read the tea leaves. Because the only people who truly know if he stays is him an his family. Regardless if Hurley stays for 30 years or 3 months. You the fans are what makes Rhode Island successful.

Good luck in the tourney
14 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

We have a game today that starts in less than 30 minutes. Let's focus on that. This crap can wait.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Dan isn't gonna leave for a dumpster fire in a conference that 1. Is a baby step up from the A10 and 2. Won't exist in 5 years.

He will likely eventually leave but it's going to be for a top level P5 job.
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
woodennickel1
ARD

Mark Fox out at Georgia.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Kinda hilarious how many posters on 247 PC Scout forum have Hurley with his bags packed.

Friartown sure want him gone.

:)
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Georgia...bad Deja vu!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RIFan wrote:Georgia...bad Deja vu!
Lol. There is literally 0.0% chanceDan is in Athens next year. Better odds he is in Athens, Greece.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

If you comment on this thread with actual fear that Dan Hurley goes to any non-blue blood school this off season, please self suspend yourself from posting for the next 6 months so the rest of us don’t have to read your uniformed idiocy.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Blue Man wrote:If you comment on this thread with actual fear that Dan Hurley goes to any non-blue blood school this off season, please self suspend yourself from posting for the next 6 months so the rest of us don’t have to read your uniformed idiocy.
I actually fear that Dan will leave and go coach at Memphis. So there, fight me!!

Some similarities with this season and Hurley’s previous best season as a college coach (2011-12), prior to this one: 25-6 overall, 15-3 in conference.

In the NEC, that didn’t even get them an NIT bid.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Billyboy78 wrote:I don't know. Dan and Zags are pretty tight. Why would Zags put Dan's name out there.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/03/10/citi ... vin-ollie/
Dude. Obviously to just boost Dan’s profile. Doesn’t mean anything related to Hurley’s future plans.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

ace wrote:
Blue Man wrote:If you comment on this thread with actual fear that Dan Hurley goes to any non-blue blood school this off season, please self suspend yourself from posting for the next 6 months so the rest of us don’t have to read your uniformed idiocy.
I actually fear that Dan will leave and go coach at Memphis. So there, fight me!!

Some similarities with this season and Hurley’s previous best season as a college coach (2011-12), prior to this one: 25-6 overall, 15-3 in conference.

In the NEC, that didn’t even get them an NIT bid.
In the A10, it got him trophies, possible banners and an NCAAT bid locked up. Seems like a nice place to stay.
1 x
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

In all honesty UConn is not a good job. First off, there's obviously issues with potential sanctions. Second, they're in probably the 7th best conference in the country with some lousy schools who have little chance to ever compete (while there's no Fordham, good luck with schools like Tulane and East Carolina). If you're going to move up from the A10 and you are an in-demand coach, moving up maybe 1 level of conference is basically a lateral move. Third, Storrs is in the middle of nowhere. Fourth, and maybe most importantly, you have very little chance at ever becoming a true success at the school. You're always going to be compared to Calhoun, they already won 4 titles recently, so what are you going to accomplish? Either you win quickly or the alumni and boosters will get impatient and you'll end up like Kevin Ollie (Ollie was in trouble way before any of the recent news hit).

I can understand Hurley leaving. If he goes to Pitt or Georgia then good luck to him. But I'll be extremely disappointed if he goes to UConn. It would feel like a slap in the face that he sees a school like Connecticut, with all the issues that I highlighted, to be that far superior to URI.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

This quote by Danny seems encouraging.
1 x
GO RAMS
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I've been saying what Lappas is saying here for a while - since rumors first started percolating a month or so ago that UConn might try to weasel out of paying Ollie by saying they were firing him for cause. I'm including Pender's reply just because he is Tom Penders.

Also, the UConn alumni in the basketball world don't seem to be very happy with the state of affairs. Basketball alumni basically openly calling for them to shutter the dumb football program lol. That place is a mess.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhodymob05 wrote:

This quote by Danny seems encouraging.
Reading into quotes like this only make the resentment much greater if he spurns us. He’s saying all the right things because he’s still here. Hasn’t fielded a single offer yet...it’s all politics. The firmer he sounds when saying he will stay, the harder suitors will have to work for his services. It’s all a game. I believe there is truth in his desire, but money talks.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Not worried in the least about losing DH to Pitt or UConn

There will be jobs that open up in the future that will be worrisome SH , Cuse, UNC, Duke and others but I think DH is here for another few years

Let's hope he is like Mark Few sure worked out for him
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

scine20 wrote:In all honesty UConn is not a good job. First off, there's obviously issues with potential sanctions. Second, they're in probably the 7th best conference in the country with some lousy schools who have little chance to ever compete (while there's no Fordham, good luck with schools like Tulane and East Carolina). If you're going to move up from the A10 and you are an in-demand coach, moving up maybe 1 level of conference is basically a lateral move. Third, Storrs is in the middle of nowhere. Fourth, and maybe most importantly, you have very little chance at ever becoming a true success at the school. You're always going to be compared to Calhoun, they already won 4 titles recently, so what are you going to accomplish? Either you win quickly or the alumni and boosters will get impatient and you'll end up like Kevin Ollie (Ollie was in trouble way before any of the recent news hit).

I can understand Hurley leaving. If he goes to Pitt or Georgia then good luck to him. But I'll be extremely disappointed if he goes to UConn. It would feel like a slap in the face that he sees a school like Connecticut, with all the issues that I highlighted, to be that far superior to URI.
Good points. To sum it all up Hurley’s market value is well above UCONN. Their fans may not want to recognize that but it is what it is.
He is Mid to upper level P5. And the scandals resonating in the College Basketball world have only made a guy like Dan Hurley stand even higher above the crowd of potential candidates.
His market value continues its upward trajectory.
My hope is he stays, my expectation is he stays.
As always, URI Administration needs to follow his requests because everything he touches turns to gold. Build the practice facility and a nice one. Raise assistant coaches salaries. Raise support staff salaries. Do everything he requests. Look at VCU and Dayton, powerhouse perennial A10 Basketball schools reeling from coaching departures. You lose kids to transfers, you lose kids in recruiting. Not just the 2018’s but also the kids you were recruiting for 2019 and 2020.
There is a big cost to having to start anew.
Time to pony up for all requests because this guy knows the way. Follow his lead. He has his players ready to step up and freshmen to step in next season to accommodate the departure of 5 great seniors
All will be fine. Enjoy Sunday and the NCAA Tourney.
2 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

If money was all that mattered, Hurley would have left after last season. Every time another school has come sniffing around, he's always always gotten more money or years, but he's always gotten more for the program -- more for his assistants, for charters etc.

Besides, UConn is a crappy job. There's the investigation, not one but two dumpy home arenas, a spoiled-rotten fan base, an ill- conceived, ridiculously-expensive league in which they're trapped ...

The Leg-humpers need to get over themselves and take a long look in the mirror.
3 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Since the investigation hasn't proved wrongdoing yet, but it's very likely there was....that's why the settlement.
Ollie was fired for just cause. As in, "just 'cause they didn't win enough games."
ESPN story is saying that he's contesting it, with union support, I can't imagine they wouldn't reach a settlement, otherwise, will get even uglier...then again, having lived in CT for almost two decades, it's not like they don't have it in them....
1 x
woodennickel1
ARD

If you take a look at the Boneyard board it is scary how unrealistic their fans are they still think they are in the old Big East. They think they are getting Billy Donavan.
5 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Nothing says “great employer” like firing a guy with a national championship ring and figuring out how not to pay him the remainder of his contract.

I’m sure lots of people will be lining up for that.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote:Nothing says “great employer” like firing a guy with a national championship ring and figuring out how not to pay him the remainder of his contract.

I’m sure lots of people will be lining up for that.
I'm saying...
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

woodennickel1 wrote:If you take a look at the Boneyard board it is scary how unrealistic their fans are they still think they are in the old Big East. They think they are getting Billy Donavan.
Ive taken a dive into this topic and ...... :shock:
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Uconn Scandal

Unread post by CT Rhody »

And this keeps getting worst for Uconn. Does Dan really want any part of this fiasco?

0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

ramster wrote:
scine20 wrote:In all honesty UConn is not a good job. First off, there's obviously issues with potential sanctions. Second, they're in probably the 7th best conference in the country with some lousy schools who have little chance to ever compete (while there's no Fordham, good luck with schools like Tulane and East Carolina). If you're going to move up from the A10 and you are an in-demand coach, moving up maybe 1 level of conference is basically a lateral move. Third, Storrs is in the middle of nowhere. Fourth, and maybe most importantly, you have very little chance at ever becoming a true success at the school. You're always going to be compared to Calhoun, they already won 4 titles recently, so what are you going to accomplish? Either you win quickly or the alumni and boosters will get impatient and you'll end up like Kevin Ollie (Ollie was in trouble way before any of the recent news hit).

Good points. To sum it all up Hurley’s market value is well above UCONN. Their fans may not want to recognize that but it is what it is.
He is Mid to upper level P5. And the scandals resonating in the College Basketball world have only made a guy like Dan Hurley stand even higher above the crowd of potential candidates.
His market value continues its upward trajectory.
My hope is he stays, my expectation is he stays.
As always, URI Administration needs to follow his requests because everything he touches turns to gold. Build the practice facility and a nice one. Raise assistant coaches salaries. Raise support staff salaries. Do everything he requests. Look at VCU and Dayton, powerhouse perennial A10 Basketball schools reeling from coaching departures. You lose kids to transfers, you lose kids in recruiting. Not just the 2018’s but also the kids you were recruiting for 2019 and 2020.
There is a big cost to having to start anew.
Time to pony up for all requests because this guy knows the way. Follow his lead. He has his players ready to step up and freshmen to step in next season to accommodate the departure of 5 great seniors
All will be fine. Enjoy Sunday and the NCAA Tourney.
I think Pitt is just about right for DH's market value, which is a compliment. Pitt is a top 25 gig, in my opinion. Great basketball tradition, great league, and I would guess they aren't going to be cheap about the hire. Short of a few really great runs in the tournament, I don't think Dan would be on any list for the tier above PItt. He's not going to get a call from Louisville.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Gotta disagree....unless you're talking about 'current openings'...just can't see Pitt as a Top 25 gig...
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Can’t believe this guy GBG is back again. A ghost through a magical season he must have been really busy, but the minute there is adversity here is this great fan of ours showing face. You clearly aren’t a fan of URI hoops, really not sure what your MO is but it’s odd. And it’s not welcomed here. Get lost.
6 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Gotta disagree....unless you're talking about 'current openings'...just can't see Pitt as a Top 25 gig...
Really? I just think you would be hard pressed to come up with 25 better. They have played in 30 NCAA tournament games since 2000. They just made a bad hire and, frankly, rectified it really quickly. Maybe it's top 20...maybe it's top 30. Who knows? But, they play in the best league, pay well, have tradition, and recruit the northeast/mid-atlantic really well. I don't think DH ever gets a top 10 type job and he has turned down low P5 gigs like Rutgers. If he were to leave, which (again), I don't think he will, a program like Pitt would be the destination.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

bigappleram wrote:Can’t believe this guy GBG is back again. A ghost through a magical season he must have been really busy, but the minute there is adversity here is this great fan of ours showing face. You clearly aren’t a fan of URI hoops, really not sure what your MO is but it’s odd. And it’s not welcomed here. Get lost.
Welp...I had realized I spent too much time on a message board typing dopey replies and getting into it with others. I still read all the game threads for, mostly, pretty good insight not found in other media. I just find the coaching stuff pretty interesting. And, again, I am saying I think he stays. Thanks for your comment, though. Hope everyone here is doing well.
PS Magical season? A good team with great guards playing a weak schedule. It will become magical with a few wins.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

I like to think UConn isn't what it was and wont be again. But that is me. My gut has turned a 180 on this coaching stuff.

In reality, trying to disparage UConn is silly. They win national titles and recruit top players. MSG is a home court to them. The AAC has what? 3-4 teams dancing and that doesn't include recent dynasty UConn? League is not that bad.

Obviously it is a top job.

There are a ton of sources close to DH being mentioned. And things coming out in media articles that point to him being interested. I mean Jim C was with Dan this summer. They offer 3x times what he makes now and? He can jump into Calhoun's shoes. Live near Storrs and come back to their house in RI in the summer for whatever his wife likes about it. Obviously Calhoun is doing it.

I bumped into a UConn booster at a baby shower and he stared at my hat. Then he went into detail about potentially taking DH. This was a month ago. At the time I just thought ah whatever I hope not, "they cant can Ollie."

I also think it is a natural transition with the graduating class. Even tho there has to be a pull to stay with Dowtin/Cyril/Fatts.

Sanctions aren't even what they used to be. UNC has been rife with scandal since Hansborough's mom was using funds for vacations. Nothing. Nothing that bad will happen.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Seawrightspostgame wrote:I like to think UConn isn't what it was and wont be again. But that is me. My gut has turned a 180 on this coaching stuff.

In reality, trying to disparage UConn is silly. They win national titles and recruit top players. MSG is a home court to them. The AAC has what? 3-4 teams dancing and that doesn't include recent dynasty UConn? League is not that bad.

Obviously it is a top job.

There are a ton of sources close to DH being mentioned. And things coming out in media articles that point to him being interested. I mean Jim C was with Dan this summer. They offer 3x times what he makes now and? He can jump into Calhoun's shoes. Live near Storrs and come back to their house in RI in the summer for whatever his wife likes about it. Obviously Calhoun is doing it.

I bumped into a UConn booster at a baby shower and he stared at my hat. Then he went into detail about potentially taking DH. This was a month ago. At the time I just thought ah whatever I hope not, "they cant can Ollie."

I also think it is a natural transition with the graduating class. Even tho there has to be a pull to stay with Dowtin/Cyril/Fatts.

Sanctions aren't even what they used to be. UNC has been rife with scandal since Hansborough's mom was using funds for vacations. Nothing. Nothing that bad will happen.
USED to be a top job.

they havent won a thing since the Big East, and haven't recruited top players without the Big East behind them.

the 2014 title was with Big East recruits, not AAC.

MSG is not a home arena for them anymore.

the AAC has 3 dancing, same as the A10 in a down year. you mention UConn adds more dancing for the AAC...well what does perennial powers Dayton and VCU rebounding do for the A10's dance card?

your post sounds as delusional as the ones over at the Boneyard claiming they have their choice between Matta and Donovan. this isnt your dad's UConn anymore. What you are seeing is a once great program slide into mediocrity with no grace.
0 x
---
---
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

It was easier to take that position, which I have for the past few years. Even with Rutgers. But apparently he entertained that more than we knew at the time.

Now? Just google UConn and DH name and there are tons of articles. "Sources close to." Jay Williams tweeting. Rothstein saying on the show. There is tons of smoke if there is no fire.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

This scandal keeps getting worse by the day for Uconn. Dan should want no part of this unless he really hates being at URI.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

CT Rhody wrote:This scandal keeps getting worse by the day for Uconn. Dan should want no part of this unless he really hates being at URI.
^this

1. they are under NCAA investigation
2. they are attempting to weasel out of paying their coach the $ he's due
3. they just ran said coach out of town on a rail only 4 years removed from a national title
4. the program itself is on the fast track into the toilet
5. they're bleeding recruits and players

yeah, that's a good opportunity for Dan to go and have the relationship and family atmosphere he wants... :roll:

Nevermind the fact that Dan's future job prospects are bigger than a UConn. Shaka went to Texas, Archie went to Indiana, Dan is a top half P5 level
1 x
---
---
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Gonebarongone wrote:
bigappleram wrote:Can’t believe this guy GBG is back again. A ghost through a magical season he must have been really busy, but the minute there is adversity here is this great fan of ours showing face. You clearly aren’t a fan of URI hoops, really not sure what your MO is but it’s odd. And it’s not welcomed here. Get lost.
Welp...I had realized I spent too much time on a message board typing dopey replies and getting into it with others. I still read all the game threads for, mostly, pretty good insight not found in other media. I just find the coaching stuff pretty interesting. And, again, I am saying I think he stays. Thanks for your comment, though. Hope everyone here is doing well.
PS Magical season? A good team with great guards playing a weak schedule. It will become magical with a few wins.
A weak schedule? Wasn’t our OOC SOS Top 5 in the country. Don’t let facts get in the way. Convenient you realize you posted too much just as we started winning. Would love to know how many posts you have made since the Fordham game last year to now. You are a wolf in sheep’s clothing and you aren’t even good at that. Let’s bring back your posts about Xavier Mumford. You have been wrong since Day 1. Carry on troll.
2 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

bigappleram wrote:
Gonebarongone wrote:
A weak schedule? Wasn’t our OOC SOS Top 5 in the country. Don’t let facts get in the way. Convenient you realize you posted too much just as we started winning. Would love to know how many posts you have made since the Fordham game last year to now. You are a wolf in sheep’s clothing and you aren’t even good at that. Let’s bring back your posts about Xavier Mumford. You have been wrong since Day 1. Carry on troll.
Non conference SOS (kenpom) is #67. Tell me what you think the five best wins are. I posted after last season very positively about DH. You can look it up since you are so obsessed. My opinion on him has changed. It's OK to change in life as you take in experience. I thought he was going to bounce from URI as soon as he could. I was wrong. I thought losing Preston and Bobby would hurt his recruiting. It did for a few years until this class but this is a good one. I still hate his sets in big spots and, probably, what will cost URI a deep run. But the fact that there is a run to be discussed is a testament to him. I just got tired of typing the same stuff over and over replying to weirdos like you.
0 x