3/10 | St. Joe's Hawks | 1PM (CBSSN) (A10 Semifinal)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

3/10 | St. Joe's Hawks | 1PM (CBSSN) (A10 Semifinal)

Unread post by TruePoint »

#25 University of Rhode Island vs. Saint Joseph's University
Capital One Arena
Washington D.C.
Saturday, March 10, 2018
1:00PM (CBSSN)

Media

TV: CBSSN

Radio: B101, 101.5 FM

Previews:

Vegas:

As the Berenstein Bears say, it's never too late to correct a mistake.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: 3/9 | St. Joe's Hawks | 1PM (CBSSN) (A10 Semifinal)

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Against the Hawks...attack the basket. Don't settle for 3's.

Zone or no zone. Going to take excellent ball movement. It can be done.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Let's get some revenge on these guys !!!
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I think we need Berry and Langevine on the floor at the same time. Disrupt the zone first and foremost, then go attack with the guards.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Excellent idea blueram.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Where is aroogas?
0 x
GO RAMS
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Shopping complex across from crown plaza hotel in Warwick.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

theblueram wrote:I think we need Berry and Langevine on the floor at the same time. Disrupt the zone first and foremost, then go attack with the guards.
I understand your idea blueram but I don't think we can risk it due to potential foul trouble. We need Berry OR Langevine on the floor. Putting them in together is a big risk. Plus I think Berry is best when he plays 20 minutes or so.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......I just don’t see the Cyril and Andre combo, now if Preston had turned out to be a reliable contributor......maybe......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Get Andre the ball down low.. Hit some early 3's.. Make them come out of that zone... Get some easy hoops off turnovers... Jump on this team.. We are better than them
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Well we made 50% of our 3's today....do that tomorrow and we have a winner.
3 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

I don't care how, just end the 40 minute regulation with one more point then the damn HAWKS!
5 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

The player at the foul line is key and needs to be a good decision maker and passer with height. We dont have it. Iverson was great there last year.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Roz wrote:The player at the foul line is key and needs to be a good decision maker and passer with height. We dont have it. Iverson was great there last year.
I agree about the importance of the player at the foul line against the zone, but I don't think height is as important as just being a good passer/decision maker. TJ was pretty good at it and he isn't super tall. I actually wonder how it would work putting Dowtin there and letting a combo of Jared/Fatts/Jarvis play out top.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote:
Roz wrote:The player at the foul line is key and needs to be a good decision maker and passer with height. We dont have it. Iverson was great there last year.
I agree about the importance of the player at the foul line against the zone, but I don't think height is as important as just being a good passer/decision maker. TJ was pretty good at it and he isn't super tall. I actually wonder how it would work putting Dowtin there and letting a combo of Jared/Fatts/Jarvis play out top.
That's kind of interesting. I've thought Stan would be the logical guy there just because he kind of plays Iverson's position to some extent, but whoever is there has to be a pretty good target, tall enough to see and throw out of a collapsing zone, a good enough ball handler to be a threat to put it on the floor and get to the rim, and a good enough shooter that they have to respect you there. Plus be able to set the high ball screen on occasion. It's a pretty specific kind of role. I also wonder if EC could do it, aside from him not being the world's foremost passer. But I don't think he's unwilling to move the ball. Akele could also do it for limited stretches if they need him in the game on the other end of the floor. Idk what they will do, but I think it's probably the thing I'm most interested in tomorrow from an Xs and Os standpoint, because we will see 40 minutes of gross 2-3 zone.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote:
adam914 wrote:
That's kind of interesting. I've thought Stan would be the logical guy there just because he kind of plays Iverson's position to some extent, but whoever is there has to be a pretty good target, tall enough to see and throw out of a collapsing zone, a good enough ball handler to be a threat to put it on the floor and get to the rim, and a good enough shooter that they have to respect you there. Plus be able to set the high ball screen on occasion. It's a pretty specific kind of role. I also wonder if EC could do it, aside from him not being the world's foremost passer. But I don't think he's unwilling to move the ball. Akele could also do it for limited stretches if they need him in the game on the other end of the floor. Idk what they will do, but I think it's probably the thing I'm most interested in tomorrow from an Xs and Os standpoint, because we will see 40 minutes of gross 2-3 zone.
Same here, very curious to see how we handle it this time around. I have no idea how much they have practiced it and who they have had practice that position/role in a zone, so maybe they won't just throw Jeff in that spot tomorrow if he's never done it before. I just know thats who I would feel most comfortable with making those decisions, assuming its something they are going to have to do a ton.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I don't know how much they practiced it, either, since Hurley said in his press conference after the game that they didn't expect VCU to play zone as they are typically a man team, so they weren't really prepared for it. Sounds like they weren't exactly practicing their zone beaters all week.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

TruePoint wrote:I don't know how much they practiced it, either, since Hurley said in his press conference after the game that they didn't expect VCU to play zone as they are typically a man team, so they weren't really prepared for it. Sounds like they weren't exactly practicing their zone beaters all week.
The nice thing is we beat the zone today after facing it unexpectedly, and got to watch St Joes play.

Also, if we don’t shoot 5% from 3 today I feel good.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

So this is fun.

80 minutes away from the title. Win over VCU AGAIN in our pocket.

Matchup against someone we all don't like. Who recently added to the long history.

Conference tournaments.
2 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Today is the day!!!!
Pay back for senior night
Pay back for 30 + point loss at home
Pay back to a school the A-10 looks out for
Man if this game doesn’t get your blood moving then you are not a true fan!!!
I expect to see really big games today from JT and EC it’s there time to LEAD the RAM CHARGE!!!
1 x
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

I think we need to work it inside and get Taylor Funk in foul trouble early. The freshman is a real pain in the ass for us. Can shoot and rebound. And I hate what he does with his shorts - tucking one leg up under his compression shorts - drives me crazy. I want to send in Preston for one play just to pants him :twisted: :o
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote:
TruePoint wrote:I don't know how much they practiced it, either, since Hurley said in his press conference after the game that they didn't expect VCU to play zone as they are typically a man team, so they weren't really prepared for it. Sounds like they weren't exactly practicing their zone beaters all week.
The nice thing is we beat the zone today after facing it unexpectedly, and got to watch St Joes play.

Also, if we don’t shoot 5% from 3 today I feel good.
Yup agree. The not shooting 5% from three is key.
0 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

Damn, CBSSN again... Don't get that one.
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I signed up for Hulu Live at the beginning of the season to get CBSSN. Think they have 1 week free trial...It's also available on YouTube's TV service.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Call your cable company, order it today, cancel it tomorrow. That's what they told us to do a couple years ago when we found we needed NBCSN and CBSSN...and we did that...except for the canceling part....can't really live without it now... Good luck!
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

RIFan wrote:I signed up for Hulu Live at the beginning of the season to get CBSSN. Think they have 1 week free trial...It's also available on YouTube's TV service.
Yeah YouTube tv has a week free too and CBSSN
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

I have a little concern about minutes. Jared played 40 yesterday and JD 38. Was that more a reflection of Jarvis not being 100% or the foul trouble for Andre and Cyril?

In any case, I don’t think either of them have had played those minutes all year. Interesting to see how they respond.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RhodyRam86 wrote:I have a little concern about minutes. Jared played 40 yesterday and JD 38. Was that more a reflection of Jarvis not being 100% or the foul trouble for Andre and Cyril?

In any case, I don’t think either of them have had played those minutes all year. Interesting to see how they respond.
They're both young, and more importantly, healthy. I don't have any concern about their minutes. Some of the other guys who have been sick or injured or whose bodies are beat up (Stan) are the ones whose minutes might have to be monitored, imo.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Minutes
PC Plays Creighton then #3 ranked Xavier the next night. Bullock plays 41 minutes. Diallo and Cartwright play 42 minutes each vs Xavier. It's what you do now.

I want Dowtin and Terrell playing every possible minute, They are playing the best of anybody on the team right now. Ride them to the title. Whoever is hot gets the minutes. Right now it is Dowtin and Terrell. But Stan got hot late yesterday and he played some nice defense sometimes with the assignment on Tillman believe it or not. Russell is also playing fearlessly

St Joseph's only played 7 guys yesterday
Mobley and Adams both played 40 minutes last night
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

These guys haven’t even played half of an NBA season yet, and the only guy on our team who would be in the top-40 of minutes per game in the NBA is Jared. One hundred and fifteen NBA players play more minutes per game than the guy on URI who plays the second most minutes. I really don’t think minutes are an issue at this time of year.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Always got to have this when we play St Joe's:

2 x
TulaneGradRamFan
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by TulaneGradRamFan »

Darn! Are Don and Steve not covering the rest of the tournament on B101/I heart radio? The links to the radio station were on the GoRhody.com team schedule for the games yesterday I'm pretty sure.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

TulaneGradRamFan wrote:Darn! Are Don and Steve not covering the rest of the tournament on B101/I heart radio? The links to the radio station were on the GoRhody.com team schedule for the games yesterday I'm pretty sure.
I know it was on 920 AM yesterday, but I thought I heard that it would be on B101 today.
0 x
TulaneGradRamFan
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by TulaneGradRamFan »

i hope you are right because there is no media coverage info for this game at all on the schedule.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Headed to the Capital Center now. GO RHODY RAMS!!!!!!!!!
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Got to attack that zone today and make some outside shots early. Important to get off to a good start.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Streaming for those without CBSSN

https://www.reddit.com/r/ncaaBBallStreams/
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

At what point do I start worrying that whatever women's game is on right now is going to interfere with the start of our game on TV? I hate how these networks schedule these games back-to-back without any buffer. I will say this, though, if they stay with this garbage rather than go to our tip, I will be writing a strongly worded letter to CBS. Nobody is watching this game on purpose. If you care, you're probably related to someone playing and are at the game.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Getting close to game time.

Rhody Rhody Rhody Rams Rams Rams
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

TruePoint wrote:At what point do I start worrying that whatever women's game is on right now is going to interfere with the start of our game on TV? I hate how these networks schedule these games back-to-back without any buffer. I will say this, though, if they stay with this garbage rather than go to our tip, I will be writing a strongly worded letter to CBS. Nobody is watching this game on purpose. If you care, you're probably related to someone playing and are at the game.
I started worrying about this at around 11AM, when I checked the Cox guide...

And, the announcer just said, 'it hurts more when you roll your ankle and don't break it, than if you break it.'
Never done either seriously, but can't imagine that's true.

Ok...running time for the remainder of this game, please...
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:At what point do I start worrying that whatever women's game is on right now is going to interfere with the start of our game on TV? I hate how these networks schedule these games back-to-back without any buffer. I will say this, though, if they stay with this garbage rather than go to our tip, I will be writing a strongly worded letter to CBS. Nobody is watching this game on purpose. If you care, you're probably related to someone playing and are at the game.
I started worrying about this at around 11AM, when I checked the Cox guide...

And, the announcer just said, 'it hurts more when you roll your ankle and don't break it, than if you break it.'
Never done either seriously, but can't imagine that's true.

Ok...running time for the remainder of this game, please...
It's true. A bad sprain is much worse than a break in pain level and recovery time
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Very fired up about the exciting finish to this random D3 women’s game!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Flip over to UMBC/Vermont! It's a good one.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Right and we have to deal with all these chicks fouling at end of game
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

LET"S GOOOOOOOO!! Looking for big games from Jared and Cyril today!
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

GO RHODY !
0 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

Is CBS for real?? Nobody gives a shit about this women's game!
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Holy crap let this game end
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

So glad we're being pre-empted by lady basketball
0 x