3/2 | Davidson Wildcats | 8PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: 3/2 | Davidson Wildcats | 8PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by TruePoint »

If we get into these situations again, the ball has to get into Jeff or Jarvis's hands. I don't trust anyone else at the line, or even to take care of the call long enough to get to the line.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhodygirl2
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodygirl2 »

It really seems like they treated the regular season championship as “mission accomplished”. The only way to recover is to treat it as 3 seasons: OOC, A10 regular season and tourney season. Now can we move on to season 3 with no baggage?

I fear that we will treat DC like a preseason warmup to the NCAA and get clobbered. Everyone will play us like their life depends on it and we just aren’t playing with that kind of fire right now. We need to lose that sense of entitlement and play again like there’s no way to get a bid but win.
3 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Fans of other A-10 teams were previously hoping for a seed to avoid playing URI. Everyone now wants to draw Rhody. They see a wounded animal and smell blood. A lot has changed in one week.
5 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Sorry fellas, it's all my fault. I'm on vacation at a great steakhouse in Tucson. I'm looking at the ESPN app and I say to the bartender "Well, my team's gonna win tonight."

Then they didn't. :o

Hell these are 19-21 year old kids. I'm just happy they did so well until now.
0 x
collegehoopsjunky

Unread post by collegehoopsjunky »

TruePoint wrote:
collegehoopsjunky wrote:
TruePoint wrote:If any team ever needed a week off, this is it. Just go away for a few days. They're better than this (I think).
Do you think the lack of preparation for the Joe's game coupled with the loss...broke the general culture of this team as it relates to work ethic? From my reading this team always prided itself on hard work including extra hours put in by the players. It almost seems as if winning the A10 was the crown jewel for the program when it seemed they had so much more potential.

Any thoughts True Point?
Yeah, I mean...I don't think they were like "we won the A10 regular season, nothing else to accomplish let's pack it in." But I do think they probably took their foot off the gas and lost focus. When things are humming, that can be a tough thing to get back once you lose it. Trying too hard at it can make you tight or make you press; being too loose can make you susceptible to things like Tuesday where you're not nearly sharp enough. That's why I think the week off could be good for them. If they had to play Monday I feel like they wouldn't be in a good place to do that.

I still believe in this team's talent and it will take one game where things click back in for them to a team that would be a threat to anyone in the country, but right now there is bad juju.
Interesting...Agree.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We did enough to win the game even though several guys didn't play that well....

Just amazing that the guys who choked are supposedly our best players.

Is this going to happen to us in the A10 tourney? In the NCAA tourney? I'm guessing yes.

How many times have we either coughed up or almost coughed up a decent lead late in games this season?

The next time it happens we're done.

I agree TP, Jeff won the LaSalle game at the line. Anybody else and we lose that game too.

Jarvis has to be sick again. He's disappeared.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I suspect this site would have crashed with pissed fans if half of RI wasn't without power
1 x
collegehoopsjunky

Unread post by collegehoopsjunky »

PeteRI wrote:Sorry fellas, it's all my fault. I'm on vacation at a great steakhouse in Tucson. I'm looking at the ESPN app and I say to the bartender "Well, my team's gonna win tonight."

I agree with True Point that it can be turned around. The good news? NO INJURIES.
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Never should have had a ceremony for winning regular season title. Cutting nets, confetti was bad luck, took focus off subsequent games.
4 x
Stop! Rammer Time
Kenny Green

Unread post by Stop! Rammer Time »

Did Davidson have their senior night ceremony before the game tonight? Maybe that was lingering in the final seconds and caused our team to lose the game.

Senior night ceremonies ... Gets you every time.
1 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

I believe in the old cliche that both winnng and losing are contagious. We are proving not to be a mentally tough team. Terell played an outstanding game until the end. He is such a confident kid and that’s what makes him great. Did you see how nervous he was at the line? I knew he was going to miss before he shot.... rewind and watch his expression and hands shaking, I think he is just feeling the pressure that he now has to put this team on his back to win. Are other seniors are imploding. EC, Jarvis and even Stan to an extent have just not been playing well at all as of late. I just can’t figure what is causing them not to perform. So much positive history to make and the legacy they could leave and to play so bad is so strange when we all know they are very good they are. Remember Jarvis with the mask? Did you see his highlight reel at half time? Where is that kid? EC as stated earlier has never been the same player since the injury. It’s mental with him for sure. I love both these guys. How are they throwing up air balls after all the shots they have put up all season? We definitely need a sports therapist/shrink on this team more than anything right now. Stan is very skilled and he is just not doing that much.,,, what is going on??..I too don’t put this on Dan at all.
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

thought it was strange to have the ceremony with the nets when winning the A10 reg season, but since we had never experienced one I assumed that's either what most teams do, or we did it since it was our first A10 one...still not sure which is accurate.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I don't think we're playing defense with the same passion as we were. Not turning the other team over, not blocking many shots. I know Davidson takes good care of the ball, but we didn't force them into hardly any mistakes. We got 2 steals tonight. That has to be a season low by far. And when I'm talking about defensive intensity, I'm not talking about how many points we give up. I'm talking about how many points our defense creates for us. We're going to have bad shooting nights. When that happens, we need to create easy baskets off of our defense. We were doing a lot of that early in the year. The last 2 games, we haven't done it at all. Hopefully the week off and a little rest can help bring that intensity back.
1 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

as pissed as I am at the missed free throws I am most pissed at Terrell and his hero ball to end the game. he gambles often on D and get's burned. 6 seconds on the clock, there is no way you gamble on a pass to Rusty Regal 35 feet from the basket. that is not a play that a 4 year A10 player of the year candidate can make. that is just horrible. I don't expect his coach to call him out in public, but I want to see if the STAR steps up and takes blame.
1 x
89er
Michael Andersen

Unread post by 89er »

Although I am shocked we lost this game, I do think there is a bit of overreaction here tonight! This team can still reach realistic goals. However, I don’t believe it can happen with Dan’s current loyalty to EC and Berry. Both are defensive liabilities and unless EC is driving to his left, he has brought nothing consistently offensively for a long time. Berry’s offense has to come off set plays.
I was surprised by JT’s inability to convert FT’s in crunch time and the gamble on the steal. Still, I believe if Dan can put his loyalty to EC and Berry and put them on a short leash, we can still win a game or two in the tournament. However, when the ball should’ve been going through JT, EC was forcing a drive to his left and traveling. Enough! Play him the amount he can help us. Everything about him coming here and what he means to the program is a wonderful story that needs to be recognized! But now we need to win!
4 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I would agree with all of these points except we cannot close games. This has happened all season.

Now it's coming back to bite us. We probably should have expected to lose some, and we are. It catches up to you.

Of course tonight it was something that we've done well almost all season....shoot FT's.

Missing FT's has cost URI countless games in the postseason in past years.....and it happens again.

Stan, Jarvis, and EC are not 100% Does not excuse missing key FT's and losing this game.

But they need to get better by next week. Not sure Jarvis can, with his condition.

Terrell has been clutch at the FT line in the past. Horrible time to not be.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Berry has to come off the bench from now on...
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Got to think the ending of this season may have an effect on conference awards voting. There will be little building momentum for anyone associated with URI. Got to think anyone attached to Davidson and SBU are surging.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Billyboy78 wrote:I don't think we're playing defense with the same passion as we were. Not turning the other team over, not blocking many shots. I know Davidson takes good care of the ball, but we didn't force them into hardly any mistakes. We got 2 steals tonight. That has to be a season low by far. And when I'm talking about defensive intensity, I'm not talking about how many points we give up. I'm talking about how many points our defense creates for us. We're going to have bad shooting nights. When that happens, we need to create easy baskets off of our defense. We were doing a lot of that early in the year. The last 2 games, we haven't done it at all. Hopefully the week off and a little rest can help bring that intensity back.
I do think URI did play pretty good defense for most of the game and forced Davidson to shoot quicker than they would have liked and forced some misses. Davidson does not turn the ball over much, so it's no surprise there wasn't as many steals. But we missed several easy ones ourselves and of course the missed foul shots. Make those and it's a different game.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RhodyRam86 wrote:as pissed as I am at the missed free throws I am most pissed at Terrell and his hero ball to end the game. he gambles often on D and get's burned. 6 seconds on the clock, there is no way you gamble on a pass to Rusty Regal 35 feet from the basket. that is not a play that a 4 year A10 player of the year candidate can make. that is just horrible. I don't expect his coach to call him out in public, but I want to see if the STAR steps up and takes blame.
Yes, it was a bad play, but until the last two minutes, he carried this team tonight. The missed free throws shocked me. 86% for the year and such a confident kid. I love E.C. Matthews. But he killed us tonight. Bad shot selection, bad turnovers, bad defense, and he also missed a key free throw. Jared's by far the best player on this team right now. I'm not sure why you love to criticize him so often. Yes, he made a big mistake, but without him, we get blown out tonight.
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

RF1 wrote:Got to think the ending of this season may have an effect on conference awards voting. There will be little building momentum for anyone associated with URI. Got to think anyone attached to Davidson and SBU are surging.
Really I couldn't care less...I only care about team wins. those awards are conciliation prizes if the team doesn't win.
3 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

i'm so pissed, I tried to get away from this forum and go sit with my wife and watch some TV to wind down but I can't!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Even after Terrell whiffed on the steal attempt, there's no way we should have allowed their player to drive the entire lane and lay it in.

Not in that situation. Even a foul before the shot would have been preferable. Also looked like we had at least 2 players in position to take a charge if they stepped in.

It's not just our offense that sucks at the end of games. Poor defense in crunch time gets us too.

One last thing...are we still a lock if we lose Friday? We're not Oklahoma.

If we make it [the NCAA's] I guess we should be happy, no matter where we are seeded.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

If we lost by 40 on Friday we are still a lock.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

rambone 78 wrote:I would agree with all of these points except we cannot close games. This has happened all season.

Now it's coming back to bite us. We probably should have expected to lose some, and we are. It catches up to you.

Of course tonight it was something that we've done well almost all season....shoot FT's.

Missing FT's has cost URI countless games in the postseason in past years.....and it happens again.

Stan, Jarvis, and EC are not 100% Does not excuse missing key FT's and losing this game.

But they need to get better by next week. Not sure Jarvis can, with his condition.

Terrell has been clutch at the FT line in the past. Horrible time to not be.

Did I miss something? What is Jarvis's condition? Wasn't it just 5 games ago when he had a good game and everyone said he is finally 100%? Now all of a sudden he doesn't score for 4 games and he has a "condition"?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Billyboy78 wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:as pissed as I am at the missed free throws I am most pissed at Terrell and his hero ball to end the game. he gambles often on D and get's burned. 6 seconds on the clock, there is no way you gamble on a pass to Rusty Regal 35 feet from the basket. that is not a play that a 4 year A10 player of the year candidate can make. that is just horrible. I don't expect his coach to call him out in public, but I want to see if the STAR steps up and takes blame.
Yes, it was a bad play, but until the last two minutes, he carried this team tonight. The missed free throws shocked me. 86% for the year and such a confident kid. I love E.C. Matthews. But he killed us tonight. Bad shot selection, bad turnovers, bad defense, and he also missed a key free throw. Jared's by far the best player on this team right now. I'm not sure why you love to criticize him so often. Yes, he made a big mistake, but without him, we get blown out tonight.
Also he was about an eighth of an inch from knocking that pass into the backcourt and stealing the game. If it's that close, he should think he can get there. And if he thinks he can get there, I can't kill him for trying. If he had stayed home, it felt to me like they were going to score. Who knows. Like you said, FTs were the much bigger issue.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Billyboy78 wrote:

I have not criticized JT often. In fact I've not criticized anyone on this team until tonight. Not even after Tuesday night's horror show. JT is the only person I wanted to see take a shot in the second half. I don't trust anyone else on the team taking any more than a layup. So yes...I was pissed about the missed free throws, but they are forgivable. I can't forgive the steal attempt. That is hero ball at it's best and wipes out much of the good JT did in the rest of the game.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Well if so, we will be about where we should be when the dust settles.

Around a 10. That's figuring a loss either Saturday or Sunday.

If we somehow can close out a couple games next weekend and win the A10's, we could still be a 7...at best imo.

In spite of tonight, our metrics aren't going to be hurt too much. Road game, decent opponent...and we were underdogs.

Sadly, we have found our true level, however. Our inability to close out games has done that.

RR86, Jarvis has colitis, a painful intestinal condition, diagnosed last season.....it flares up occasionally. It's possible it's affecting him now, at a bad time for the team of course.
1 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
Also he was about an eighth of an inch from knocking that pass into the backcourt and stealing the game. If it's that close, he should think he can get there. And if he thinks he can get there, I can't kill him for trying. If he had stayed home, it felt to me like they were going to score. Who knows. Like you said, FTs were the much bigger issue.
Totally disagree with you here TP. If you go for the steal in that situation, you better make it. Close only counts in horse shoes, hand grenades and nuclear warfare. Much like baseball. If you are going to steal third with two outs, you better make it or it's a bad play. Close and $2 gets you a cup of coffee.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

rambone 78 wrote:Well if so, we will be about where we should be when the dust settles.

Around a 10. That's figuring a loss either Saturday or Sunday.

If we somehow can close out a couple games next weekend and win the A10's, we could still be a 7...at best imo.

In spite of tonight, our metrics aren't going to be hurt too much. Road game, decent opponent...and we were underdogs.

Sadly, we have found our true level, however. Our inability to close out games has done that.

RR86, Jarvis has colitis, a painful intestinal condition, diagnosed last season.....it flares up occasionally. It's possible it's affecting him now, at a bad time for the team of course.

ok...I knew of that of course last year, but if that is the case, why is he still playing? he had it last year and missed a half dozen or so games. i'll buy in if he doesn't play in the A10 tourney, but I have heard no mention of it otherwise until your posts tonight. for the kid's sake, I hope he is okay. he seems like a great teammate and a great person off the floor, but right now he is (along with many others) is hurting this team.
0 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

I am obviously in the minority by not being crazy upset about this game. They blew it, but looked a hell of a lot better than that abortion Tuesday. On a neutral court I like our chances to at least get to the finals and end up with a 7 seed.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I don't understand why Jeff isn't seeing the ball in situations such as tonight.....is he deferring to JT and EC or is it coming from the bench?

Yes JT played well tonight until the end...but EC should have been watching, not screwing up at key times all night.

Jeff is a better passer, better defender and lately a better FT shooter....wtf.

Roz, I wouldn't have been that upset with a loss either...but not the way they lost it.

Yes we should win at least 2 games next weekend...and if we get Davidson in the final, we should beat them too.

But who the fuck really knows right now.
1 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

I also agree with TP that the free throws were a bigger deal. Hit one and game over probably. Hit two front ends and follows and game for surely over. This team wins games by overcommitting and rotating well. It just didnt happen this time. He was overreacting to the fact he blew the game at the free throw line after being a stud otherwise.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I guess if FT's were going to cost us a game, it's better that it happened before the NCAA tourney.

We can only hope it doesn't happen again.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

rambone 78 wrote:I don't understand why Jeff isn't seeing the ball in situations such as tonight.....is he deferring to JT and EC or is it coming from the bench?

Yes JT played well tonight until the end...but EC should have been watching, not screwing up at key times all night.

Jeff is a better passer, better defender and lately a better FT shooter....wtf.

Roz, I wouldn't have been that upset with a loss either...but not the way they lost it.

Yes we should win at least 2 games next weekend...and if we get Davidson in the final, we should beat them too.

But who the fuck really knows right now.

Because Jeff misses more point blank lay ups than anyone
2 x
Keatgsr07
Kenny Green

Unread post by Keatgsr07 »

Roz wrote:I am obviously in the minority by not being crazy upset about this game. They blew it, but looked a hell of a lot better than that abortion Tuesday. On a neutral court I like our chances to at least get to the finals and end up with a 7 seed.
Neutral court? We lost by 40 at home less than a week ago. I appreciate your optimism but it's slightly misdirected two hours after losing our third game of our last five. We are not playing like a top NCAA Men's Basketball team, and like has been mentioned, these poor showings just give our competitors more confidence.

If your not upset about tonight's game, what are you?
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I think people maybe ignored too much some of the issues we have had while we've been winning.

I also think the team has ignored some of these issues along the way.

I think we really got complacent. We lost our edge. We forgot how we got where we were. Things were too easy.

We've been through worse.

In January, we don't lose these games.

We aren't dead.

We have a good long week to get our shit together. Get back our edge and win.

Next week we show our meddle. Can we get our mojo back or not.

We aren't dead yet.

I haven't lost all hope. No reason for that.

It's just now we aren't as certain about things as we were when we couldn't lose.

Time to be men.

I love this team and I know they love each other. Hope that love can carry them back to the right path.
2 x
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

PeteRI wrote:Sorry fellas, it's all my fault. I'm on vacation at a great steakhouse in Tucson. I'm looking at the ESPN app and I say to the bartender "Well, my team's gonna win tonight."

Hey hope you're at least enjoying our weather! And all the news reports on Sean Miller....
1 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

Keatgsr07 wrote:
Roz wrote:I am obviously in the minority by not being crazy upset about this game. They blew it, but looked a hell of a lot better than that abortion Tuesday. On a neutral court I like our chances to at least get to the finals and end up with a 7 seed.
Neutral court? We lost by 40 at home less than a week ago. I appreciate your optimism but it's slightly misdirected two hours after losing our third game of our last five. We are not playing like a top NCAA Men's Basketball team, and like has been mentioned, these poor showings just give our competitors more confidence.

Im upset that nobody but Terrell and Langevine showed up tonight. I am upset that we did not close out a game like a top team does. I am upset that berry’s once soft hands have hardened. I am upset URI lost and will end up in the 8-9 game potentially. Iam happier at the way we dealt with the zone. I am happy at least terrell found his shot. I am happy they didnt look like they did on tuesday. I am happy we are not in the position we were last year. At least we will are in.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

A guy from Iceland beat us. Think about that for a minute.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Roz wrote:
Keatgsr07 wrote:

Im upset that nobody but Terrell and Langevine showed up tonight. I am upset that we did not close out a game like a top team does. I am upset that berry’s once soft hands have hardened. I am upset URI lost and will end up in the 8-9 game potentially. Iam happier at the way we dealt with the zone. I am happy at least terrell found his shot. I am happy they didnt look like they did on tuesday. I am happy we are not in the position we were last year. At least we will are in.
why are we in?

vs top 100 in the RPI we are 1-1 in neutral site games, 4-0 at home and 0-4 on the road. I don't care about racking up wins against powers like FGCU, UNCA, and Charleston...all at home. I know I'm writing this in a time of frustration, but right now, deep in my heart I believe this team is overrated and with out looking it up, I would be amazed if there aren't enough teams with more than 5 top 100 wins and at least 1 top 100 road win that are more deserving of an at large birth than this team.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

RhodeIslandRams wrote:

Hey hope you're at least enjoying our weather! And all the news reports on Sean Miller....
I sure am enjoying this gorgeous weather. Beats the hell out of our second Bomb Cyclone of the winter back in Rhody! :shock:
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Well that was the most upset I was after a URI game since the Stanford game in 98 that was worse since the Final 4 was on the line but I wanted to throw a fist through a wall after tonight's game

We absolutely choked that game away tonight and it's all on the players not DH

Missed 3 front ends of 1 and 1 trying to seal the game what a joke and by good FT shooters too . Really surprised JT missed those as he is the heart and soul of this team

EC has become a shell of himself since his injury. He won't even sniff the NBA .

All that being said we played pretty decent for 39 minutes and showed the potential we have but not being able to close out games will most likely be our undoing

Obviously the cutting down the nets thing I bet DH wishes he could take back

The thing is all our goals are still ahead of us and I am sure no number 1 seed wants to see us in round 2 as if we play to our potential we can beat anybody
2 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

reef wrote:
We absolutely choked that game away tonight and it's all on the players not DH

Missed 3 front ends of 1 and 1 trying to seal the game what a joke and by good FT shooters too . Really surprised JT missed those as he is the heart and soul of this team

All that being said we played pretty decent for 39 minutes and showed the potential we have but not being able to close out games will most likely be our undoing

Obviously the cutting down the nets thing I bet DH wishes he could take back
Dan is a very good coach but sports psychology has not been a strength. JT is a great college basketball player and leader. Jeff Dowtin is on track for a very good college career. This team is deserving of a NCAA tournament appearance but is not an all time great URI team. The basketball program is in good shape overall.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Like I said earlier, this team has showed that it's not a great team. Very good? The jury is still out on that one.

Very good teams don't choke away 6 point leads with 40 seconds to play, and at the line to boot.

Very good teams make shots and FT's at the end of games. We were at least making our FT's until last night.

Very good teams get stops on defense late in games. If you notice Davidson scored every time down the last 40 seconds. This isn't anything new either....UMass, LaSalle, Bonnies, and others.

And I'm not blaming Dan one bit for any of this. It's the players job to execute for 40 minutes, not 35 or 38 or whatever.

All players tend to get a little nervous late in close games....but on very good teams those players still execute right to the buzzer.

We don't, and it's been going on for years with these guys.

The tough get going. We stop playing.

Who has confidence that we won't blow another one either next weekend or in the Dance if we even make it?

ramster is right...imo also we are NOT a stone cold lock if we lose on Friday.
1 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Never want to go into any tournament on a losing streak.
Some soul searching is in order for this week. Have to get back to that killer instinct.
If for some reason we lose our 1st game in A-10 tourny look for us to drop all the way down to a 11 or 12 seed again. So much talk last week as a possible 4 seed.
I know JT had a death in his family and the whole team will be attending that this week but not in my wildest dreams did I think Rhody would start playing this bad after the season they had. Could be fatigue? Could be satisfied with regular season champs? Who knows but shit better turn around real quick.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

One more thing. Fatts needs to shoot less. He has got work to do over the offseason to improve his shooting.

His numbers are awful. Too many o-fers and one-fers.....yes he's good, but he's hurting us by taking too many shots and not making them.

Of course we know about EC.....get the damn ball out of his hands late in games....please.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Woke up still pissed

What about EC’s spin into a travel forcing things midway thru a shot clock w 1:40ish up when nothing was there

SMARTEN UP
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

The losses came at the worst time but some perspective is needed I think.

They have lost 3 of the last 5, 2 of the losses were on the road to the 2nd and 3rd place teams. Despite losing those two, they were in position to win both and seemingly choked it away and that’s why it hurts so much.

They were playing with fire against lasalle, UMass, duquesne, st louis, and it should not be that surprising it caught up to them against the other two good teams in the league
4 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

As much as I love this team, they can be infuriating at times. That was as pissed off as I've been at a loss in quite some time. Choke city. Gotta hit those FTs in crunch time. And sometimes, it's just not the time to gamble for a steal. Oye ve. This week off couldn't have come soon enough. This team and staff need to mentally and physically recharge big time before next weekend. They need to come out playing possessed the rest of the way.

Just as a side note about JT. He definitely looked shook on the line both times at the end. He even looked up slightly one time, so you have to think his Grandmother was on his mind and the emotion took over. He also looked physically exhausted the last few minutes of the game. He wasn't smiling, didn't have that usual swagger. And I get it. He played his ass off for close to 40 minutes, but then it all came to a head for him those last few minutes with the missed FTs and mental lapse going for that steal. Talk about a love/hate relationship. You're not playing with a lead at the end without his play from the first half, but then he had a large part in not helping secure the W.

Going to try my best to turn the page once again and keep reminding myself that we still have the opportunity to do some special things before this year is over. But man do they need to get laser focused again and start playing to their full potential from start to finish. Our balanced scoring (and solid contributions in some way shape or form on the stat sheet) from all 6 guards needs to start happening again.
1 x