State House Acknowledgement

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

State House Acknowledgement

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Hey everybody! Haven’t posted in a long time but thought this was worthy of a post. I was speaking to the Cumberland state representative today and he mentioned he would be in session this afternoon. So I said :”While you’re there, you should have the house recognize the URI men’s basketball team for winning the A10 regular season. But you are probably all PC fans!” He laughed and said he would make the acknowledgement at the end of the session, likely around 4:30-5, which can be seen on channel 15 (I think he said). Not sure if it will happen but I did mention the snub from years ago and emphasized that URI is the state school, not PC.

Go Rhody!
6 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: State House Acknowledgement

Unread post by PeteRI »

That's some serious lobbying my friend. Great job!!!!
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

I'll believe it when I see it.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Oops wrong thread
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

There is actually a decent number of Rhody fans at the statehouse. The Speaker's Chief of Staff, press guy, and a senior advisor all regularly attend the games. I've seen a bunch of reps and senators attend too.
1 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

I live in MA so don’t know many RI politicians but that’s good to hear!
1 x