Bjorn reflects on 11 years as URI AD

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Bjorn reflects on 11 years as URI AD

Unread post by adam914 »

Didn't see this posted anywhere, thought it was a good read.

http://www.ricentral.com/sports/bjorn-r ... c8510.html
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: Bjorn reflects on 11 years as URI AD

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Thorr is friends with...that guy...from PC?? Whaaaaat???? :lol:
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Very nice, Colby Cotter!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

While basketball gets a majority of the talk on this board (and expectedly so), what's happened for URI Baseball over the years has been nothing short of incredible. This quote says it all:

“I played at URI when we weren’t very good,” Cerrato said, prior to the 2016 NCAA Tournament. “Back in the early ‘90s, we were just trying to stay above water as a program, in every way. Budget, players, coaches. It’s such a different setting now. Guys come in and expect to win. That goes back to [former head coaches] Frank Leoni and Jim Foster. I give Frank Leoni a ton of credit for turning the program around.”

I remember when baseball was about to be cut and Frank Leoni and the team at the time went out and raised all the money needed to keep the program going. We wouldn't have a baseball team if it weren't for that.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

steviep123 wrote:While basketball gets a majority of the talk on this board (and expectedly so), what's happened for URI Baseball over the years has been nothing short of incredible. This quote says it all:

“I played at URI when we weren’t very good,” Cerrato said, prior to the 2016 NCAA Tournament. “Back in the early ‘90s, we were just trying to stay above water as a program, in every way. Budget, players, coaches. It’s such a different setting now. Guys come in and expect to win. That goes back to [former head coaches] Frank Leoni and Jim Foster. I give Frank Leoni a ton of credit for turning the program around.”

I remember when baseball was about to be cut and Frank Leoni and the team at the time went out and raised all the money needed to keep the program going. We wouldn't have a baseball team if it weren't for that.
The baseball program has a really great do it yourself spirit that helps them be successful despite limited resources. You can see that even now where they continue to run successful raffles and do a lot of the work themselves to improve Beck Field.
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines