2017-18 Bracketology

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Re: 2017-18 Bracketology

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but all of the 4 and 5 seeds play in Boise (2) and San Diego (2).
The 3 and 6 seeds play in Dallas (2),Detroit & Wichita.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

So if we are a 4 or 5 we play in Boise or San Diego??

Is that 100 % accurate ??
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

steviep123 wrote:Of note is SBU is in the first four out. I don't think we were at this point a year ago. It looks like SBU does have a chance to play itself into an at large. I do think if SBU wins out (other than vs. URI) and then again loses to URI in the A10 championship, it might just be enough to squeeze them into an at large (though probably a first four game). That's where we would have been if we lost to VCU in the A10 Championship last March.
I think SBU needs to beat us once to get in.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

rhodylaw wrote:
steviep123 wrote:Of note is SBU is in the first four out. I don't think we were at this point a year ago. It looks like SBU does have a chance to play itself into an at large. I do think if SBU wins out (other than vs. URI) and then again loses to URI in the A10 championship, it might just be enough to squeeze them into an at large (though probably a first four game). That's where we would have been if we lost to VCU in the A10 Championship last March.
A year ago we thought we needed another opportunity vs. Dayton, but turns out we didn't. Who really knows.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Bubble is really soft this year, but I agree that Bonnie’s needs a top 25 win on top of running it.

I would like to be selfish, not give it to them, and take a 4 seed.

(Not for nothing a 4 seed probably helps Dan see he can win at a high level here and be set up for tournament success)
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

steviep123 wrote:
rhodylaw wrote:
A year ago we thought we needed another opportunity vs. Dayton, but turns out we didn't. Who really knows.
I'd say if they lose to us again, but win every other game up to the A10 finals, they get an at large.

they also will have to be rooting against bid stealers in the conference tourneys in that scenario
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

rhodylaw wrote:
I agree, we had more opportunities than they do in conference. We didn't beat Dayton but we did beat VCU which had a top 30 RPI IIRC. They absolutely would need to get one win over us whether this Friday, or in the A10 tourney. 1 Q1 win and a high RPI won't get it done.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

reef wrote:So if we are a 4 or 5 we play in Boise or San Diego??

Yes, the seeds that will play at each site are set. You can look at any of the experts’ bracket right now and they have the same seed #s in each location. Not all of the teams playing at the same site for rounds 1&2 are in the same Regional.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Dre3000 wrote:
rhodylaw wrote:
I agree, we had more opportunities than they do in conference. We didn't beat Dayton but we did beat VCU which had a top 30 RPI IIRC. They absolutely would need to get one win over us whether this Friday, or in the A10 tourney. 1 Q1 win and a high RPI won't get it done.

If they beat us, they will have 2 Q1 wins. Ahhhh...but then we will then only have 1 Q1 win with a high RPI...
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhody83 wrote:

Yes, the seeds that will play at each site are set. You can look at any of the experts’ bracket right now and they have the same seed #s in each location. Not all of the teams playing at the same site for rounds 1&2 are in the same Regional.
I've been trying to find a source other than all the projections for 4 and 5's being in Boise, but I cannot.

Is there any publications out there stating this?

I wanna be in the east coast!

Why Boise???
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Rhody83 wrote:

I need to call timeout on this notion ...

The way the brackets work is that the top 16 teams (top 4 seeds) all have to share the 8 geographic homes, so they are placed as close as possible to that home.
This year the 1st and 2nd round games are located in Pittsburgh, Wichita, Dallas, Boise, Charlotte, Detroit, Nashville, and San Diego.
Obviously the higher the seed line, the more preferential the location is going to be.
As of right now (using Bracket Matrix as the seed lines), the committee would say: "Villanova is closest to Pittsburgh so they play there" just like they would say "Virginia is closest to Charlotte, so they play there."
It's the same reason why it feels like almost every year Duke or North Carolina (or both) are playing home games in the tournament.
The other 1 seeds would be Purdue and Xavier, Xavier is closest to Pittsburgh, Purdue to Detroit.
That means when they go to seed the other remaining 12 seeds, their options are now Wichita x2, Dallas x2, Boise x2, Charlotte x1, Detroit x1, Nashville x2, and San Diego x2.
Kansas is closest to Wichita, Auburn is closest to Nashville, Cincinnati would be closest to Detroit, and Duke would be closest to Charlotte.
That would leave the other remaining 8 seeds options of Wichita x1, Dallas x2, Boise x2, Nashville x1, and San Diego x2.
3 seeds - Michigan St would probably be in Wichita, Texas Tech in Dallas, Clemson in Nashville, and North Carolina in Dallas.
That would leave the 4 seeds options of Boise x2 and San Diego x2.
However you split them up it really doesn't make a difference, other than the fact Arizona is likely playing in San Diego.
Locations are not pre-determined by seed or region, simply who that top seed is and what remaining locations are closest to their campus.
If for some reason Arizona became a 3 seed, they would still play in San Diego since there are no other teams that share that preference, and whoever dropped off (let's say UNC), would release the Dallas location to the top-ranked 4 seed, and therefore a 5 seed would also end up in Dallas.
It's more of an issue this year because of the lack of talented teams on the west coast. Last year you had teams like Oregon, Arizona, and Gonzaga all as Top 2 seeds playing in the western cities.
Last edited by rjsuperfly66 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am pulling for San Diego as I can drive to that location. Come on committee make it happen ??
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:

The way the brackets work is that the top 16 teams (top 4 seeds) all have to share the 8 geographic homes, so they are placed as close as possible to that home.
This year the 1st and 2nd round games are located in Pittsburgh, Wichita, Dallas, Boise, Charlotte, Detroit, Nashville, and San Diego.
Obviously the higher the seed line, the more preferential the location is going to be.
As of right now (using Bracket Matrix as the seed lines), the committee would say: "Villanova is closest to Pittsburgh so they play there" just like they would say "Virginia is closest to Charlotte, so they play there."
It's the same reason why it feels like almost every year Duke or North Carolina (or both) are playing home games in the tournament.
The other 1 seeds would be Purdue and Xavier, Xavier is closest to Pittsburgh, Purdue to Detroit.
That means when they go to seed the other remaining 12 seeds, their options are now Wichita x2, Dallas x2, Boise x2, Charlotte x1, Detroit x1, Nashville x2, and San Diego x2.
Kansas is closest to Wichita, Auburn is closest to Nashville, Cincinnati would be closest to Detroit, and Duke would be closest to Charlotte.
That would leave the other remaining 8 seeds options of Wichita x1, Dallas x2, Boise x2, Nashville x1, and San Diego x2.
3 seeds - Michigan St would probably be in Wichita, Texas Tech in Dallas, Clemson in Nashville, and North Carolina in Dallas.
However you split them up it really doesn't make a difference, other than the fact Arizona is likely playing in San Diego.
Locations are not pre-determined by seed or region, simply who that top seed is and what remaining locations are closest to their campus.
If for some reason Arizona became a 3 seed, they would still play in San Diego since there are no other teams that share that preference, and whoever dropped off (let's say UNC), would release the Dallas location to the top-ranked 4 seed, and therefore a 5 seed would also end up in Dallas.
It's more of an issue this year because of the lack of talented teams on the west coast. Last year you had teams like Oregon, Arizona, and Gonzaga all as Top 2 seeds playing in the western cities.
Do you have an NCAA source that states this? I think you are correct for the 1, 2 & 3 seeds but this disappears for the 4, 5 & 6 seeds. The bracketologist know what the process is and put the projected sites based on that. Here are some examples:
Four Seeds - Tenn in Boise, Arizona in SD, Florida in SD, Ohio St in Boise
Five Seeds - WVU in Boise, Oklahoma in SD, Zags in SD, URI in Boise

Four Seeds - Tenn in Boise, Ohio St in Boise, Oklahoma in SD, Arizona in SD
Five Seeds - WVU in Boise, Zags in Boise, URI in SD, St Marys in SD
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Rhody83 wrote:
rjsuperfly66 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:

Do you have an NCAA source that states this? I think you are correct for the 1, 2 & 3 seeds but this disappears for the 4, 5 & 6 seeds. The bracketologist know what the process is and put the projected sites based on that. Here are some examples:
Four Seeds - Tenn in Boise, Arizona in SD, Florida in SD, Ohio St in Boise
Five Seeds - WVU in Boise, Oklahoma in SD, Zags in SD, URI in Boise

Four Seeds - Tenn in Boise, Ohio St in Boise, Oklahoma in SD, Arizona in SD
Five Seeds - WVU in Boise, Zags in Boise, URI in SD, St Marys in SD
Again, there are 16 site locations for the top 16 teams. They must all play in independent brackets of the other top teams. When splitting up the locations, it just happens that San Diego and Boise show up in every single bracket as 4 seed locations because they are the only sites remaining.
The 4 seeds are boxed into the locations as those are what is left, but it’s not because Boise and San Diego are pre-determined homes for 4-5 seeds.
If this was like last season where Gonzaga, Oregon, and Arizona were all top 2 seeds, that would allow many of the 4/5 teams to play in more eastern brackets where they would still be placed by closest geographic proximity.
But it is important to note there is a difference between a 4 seed being backed into a corner and a 5 seed. Let's say Pitt, Nashville, Charlotte, and Dallas were left for a 4 seed -- The 4 seed would be placed in a city first and then in a region that does not conflict for them(I.E. - conference opponents). So if Virginia was a 1 seed and UNC was a 4 seed and Charlotte was open, UNC wouldn't be placed in Virginia's region. Now if Duke was a 5 seed, they would try to avoid playing in Virginia's region, and also they wouldn't be able to play against UNC, so they almost get stuck with what's left, which might not be a good geographic match.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:
rjsuperfly66 wrote:

Again, there are 16 site locations for the top 16 teams. They must all play in independent brackets of the other top teams. When splitting up the locations, it just happens that San Diego and Boise show up in every single bracket as 4 seed locations because they are the only sites remaining.
The 4 seeds are boxed into the locations as those are what is left, but it’s not because Boise and San Diego are pre-determined homes for 4-5 seeds.
If this was like last season where Gonzaga, Oregon, and Arizona were all top 2 seeds, that would allow many of the 4/5 teams to play in more eastern brackets where they would still be placed by closest geographic proximity.
At that point, all the 5 seeds must play where all the 4 seeds are located, just like all the 6 seeds must play where the 3 seeds are playing.
Some of your points aren’t very clear. There are obviously 8 site locations for the top 16 teams. Maybe you are taking the day and night sessions at each to get to your “16 site locations”.

We all know that none of the top 16 seeds will play each other in the second round. We also all know that there are 16 groups which have second round match ups of 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6 & 4 vs 5 if all the favorites held up. So obviously those teams have to be at the same site.

I will defer to your deeper knowledge on teams being placed at site locations. I didn’t think it carried as much weight as you are describing. I thought being assigned a Region and avoiding conference match ups carried more weight which didn’t allow for the alloborate first/second round site assignments you are describing after the 1 and 2 seeds. We shall see when the bracket comes out in 26 days.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Rhody83 wrote:
I will defer to your deeper knowledge on teams being placed at site locations. I didn’t think it carried as much weight as you are describing. I thought being assigned a Region and avoiding conference match ups carried more weight which didn’t allow for the alloborate first/second round site assignments you are describing after the 1 and 2 seeds. We shall see when the bracket comes out in 26 days.
You have to remember a few different things:

1 - 1st and 2nd round locations have nothing to do with the regions. I.E. - If Xavier were the 4th #1 seed, they could still play in Pittsburgh in the 1st/2nd rounds and then be in the West regional.

2 - All of the top 16 are somewhat in different sections of the bracket. Since they can't play each other as previously illustrated, they can play their 1st and 2nd round games where ever is desirable.

3 - Conference matchups can be easily avoided as a result. If Kansas is a 2 seed in Wichita and Texas Tech is a 3 seed in Dallas, you just make sure they don't play in the same region. You just slide Texas Tech into another region, but they still keep their place in Dallas.

4- That is why you canfocus on the most convenient 1st/2nd round location before you even start placing the bracket into place. Obviously the higher on the seed line, the better the potential location. 1st and 2nd round location and region placement are independent activities.

5 - Placing teams in the bracket seeds 5+ is much harder as a result. Obviously there is still a geographic component if possible, but since you can't just move teams in and out of regions since you have already set the matchups, teams might end up in less ideal locations as a result of how the top 4 seeds were placed.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I had forgotten about warrennolan.com, but Bill Koch referenced it in his post-game notebook piece. It has a NCAA Team Sheet sim that matches what the Selection Committee uses. It's also the only site I found that has Quadrant based win-loss record data.

Rhode Island Team Sheet:
http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/ ... ode-Island

for comparison...

Oklahoma Team Sheet (NCAA likes them better, because, football?!?!?)
http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/ ... m=Oklahoma
3 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ATP - this is a good resource, but you can also get the official team sheets straight from the NCAA's website. Just FYI.

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/Si ... /Home.aspx
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

TP, is it me or is the NCAA site just a huge list of links? WarranNolan.com for me!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Well it is an archive, which can actually be useful if you ever wanted to research prior versions of team sheets (like if you wanted to make a comparison between Team X today and a month ago, for example). I will say that the presentation on the Nolan site is much better.
1 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

I like this.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Joe "the Lunatic" Lunardi has Rhody still as a 5 seed in San Diago playing the winner of Texas/UCLA...not that easy.
0 x
GO RAMS
Beachcomber
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Beachcomber »

Obviously all this is far too early, but the latest Lunardi bracket puts URI in the East, playing in Boston if they make the Sweet 16. I'd be fine with that if it happens, regardless of seed 4. 5. 6 or whatever. If they get top Boston, it will be a home court.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Riding home after the Richmond game, listened to Don and Steve. As often is the case they has Chris Disano on towards the end of the show. If you don’t listen I’d encourage you to. They do a good job.

When asked about seeding fo URI if URI wins out including the A10Tournament, Chris said without any hesitation, URI is a 3-seed.
2 x
KillSteenKill
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by KillSteenKill »

I dont see us getting higher than a 4 just due to the unfortunate fact nothing left on the sched remaining will propel us resumewise in relation to the teams above us. What is interesting is will the committee factor a road victory at SBU tomorrow night more heavily in our favor since we play it without Matthews...
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

KillSteenKill wrote:I dont see us getting higher than a 4 just due to the unfortunate fact nothing left on the sched remaining will propel us resumewise in relation to the teams above us. What is interesting is will the committee factor a road victory at SBU tomorrow night more heavily in our favor since we play it without Matthews...
The game tomorrow is a Q1 game. If we meet the Bonnies in the A10's, that would be another Q1. If pc gets to RPI 30, that could give us 4 Q1 wins if we beat the Bonnies. That is resume enhancing.
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Lunardi just said on the halftime show (Temple/WSU) that SBU has a 24 hour season. He sees no path for SBU to get an at large bid if they lose to us tomorrow night. Not knowing much about this stuff, I think if SBU wins out other than against us, then loses to us in the A10 final, I think that gets them at least in the play in game. But if I were them, I'd want to win tomorrow, and the rest of my season, finish 14-4, then get to at least the A10 semis. Lunardi did mention the screwing 2 years ago when they were in a 3 way tie for first for the A10 with an RPI of 30 and didn't get in.

Also, Lunardi currently has us as a 5 in the East facing the winner of UCLA vs. Texas. The East is a group of death, with Gonzaga a 4, Villanova a 1, Mich St 3, and Duke 2. Good news would be, if we got to the 2nd weekend, we'd be in Boston.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jeez if that's the east bracket send us somewhere else

Agree with DiSano that 3 is in play if we go 29-3 definitely not lower than 4 in that scenario???
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

I don't see us getting anything higher than a 4 because we're not in the cartel.

OTOH, never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd ever get a 4 because cartel.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

ramster wrote:Riding home after the Richmond game, listened to Don and Steve. As often is the case they has Chris Disano on towards the end of the show. If you don’t listen I’d encourage you to. They do a good job.

When asked about seeding fo URI if URI wins out including the A10Tournament, Chris said without any hesitation, URI is a 3-seed.
Totally agree with Chris D here. Winning out ensures our RPI doesn't drop, and it's impossible to predict, but if Virginia X Nova or Clemson should drop a game or two we would pass them. The stars don't need to align for us to have an even higher RPI than 5 (which is absolutely insane to think about).

But anyway, winning out also ensures for the most part that our ranking will only continue to climb. Not hard to imagine 5-6 teams ranked ahead of us losing games and us passing them (presuming the committee regarded us around 17-18 when they gave us their seed list).

Winning out gives us a 29-3 team with a top 1-5 RPI, a couple of good wins, and absolutely no (0... zero... zilch... nada) bad losses. This is certainly 3 seed worthy.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yes agree 21 and no worse than 4 in that scenario
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

URI'21 wrote:
ramster wrote:Riding home after the Richmond game, listened to Don and Steve. As often is the case they has Chris Disano on towards the end of the show. If you don’t listen I’d encourage you to. They do a good job.

Totally agree with Chris D here. Winning out ensures our RPI doesn't drop, and it's impossible to predict, but if Virginia X Nova or Clemson should drop a game or two we would pass them. The stars don't need to align for us to have an even higher RPI than 5 (which is absolutely insane to think about).

But anyway, winning out also ensures for the most part that our ranking will only continue to climb. Not hard to imagine 5-6 teams ranked ahead of us losing games and us passing them (presuming the committee regarded us around 17-18 when they gave us their seed list).

Winning out gives us a 29-3 team with a top 1-5 RPI, a couple of good wins, and absolutely no (0... zero... zilch... nada) bad losses. This is certainly 3 seed worthy.
Love the avatar!
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Today's bracket:

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

We're a 5 seed in Boise taking on Loyola Chicago

Virginia is the top seed in the tournament
Alabama is a 6
Providence is an 8
Seton Hall is a 9
Nevada is a 10
Charleston is a 14
Florida Gulf Coast is a 15
UNC-Asheville is a 16

St. Bonaventure is 3rd out
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Native
ARD

Unread post by Native »

as of this morning, Jerry Palm has Rhode Island in the East Region as a Four Seed, facing initially Vermont in San Diego.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... cketology/
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Native wrote:as of this morning, Jerry Palm has Rhode Island in the East Region as a Four Seed, facing initially Vermont in San Diego.

Unreal.
1 x
GO RAMS
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

steviep123 wrote: I think if SBU wins out other than against us, then loses to us in the A10 final, I think that gets them at least in the play in game.
St. B's problem is that while they are getting W's on paper, they are relatively meaningless in the eyes of a committee. If you look at their 7 game win streak -- H 179, H 199, A 214, A 237, H 145, H 175, A 193 (these per RPI Forecast). So while the win streak has stabilized their season, I think they are going to struggle to pass teams that may lose a game or two, but then pick up a notable win against a potential NCAAT team. I think that is what makes tonight so important, URI is their only chance at a marquee win. If they don't win tonight, their only other chance at a marquee conference win will be in the A10T Final, assuming they play URI. If for some reason URI got upset, they would have to win the tournament.
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rjsuperfly66 wrote:If they don't win tonight, their only other chance at a marquee conference win will be in the A10T Final, assuming they play URI. If for some reason URI got upset, they would have to win the tournament.
I feel like you're essentially saying that if they don't win tonight, they have to win the A10 tournament regardless, right? I know that you're not explicitly saying that, but that is kind of what it means. If they need a marquee win and their only two chances are tonight and in the A10 finals, and they don't win tonight, they basically have no shot at an at large bid. I'm not sure I disagree with you, just want to flush out the logic on that a bit - if they get to the A10 finals they'd definitely hope that URI had been upset and forego the shot at the marquee win, right? Wouldn't help them at that point.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

BubbleWatch has us still just outside Lock status, but that’s fine.

0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

ESPN bubble watch moved us to Lock status today.
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

TruePoint wrote:
rjsuperfly66 wrote:If they don't win tonight, their only other chance at a marquee conference win will be in the A10T Final, assuming they play URI. If for some reason URI got upset, they would have to win the tournament.
I feel like you're essentially saying that if they don't win tonight, they have to win the A10 tournament regardless, right? I know that you're not explicitly saying that, but that is kind of what it means. If they need a marquee win and their only two chances are tonight and in the A10 finals, and they don't win tonight, they basically have no shot at an at large bid. I'm not sure I disagree with you, just want to flush out the logic on that a bit - if they get to the A10 finals they'd definitely hope that URI had been upset and forego the shot at the marquee win, right? Wouldn't help them at that point.
I'd also add that if they lose tonight, and then make the A-10 finals and lose to us again, I ultimately don't think that does much for their resume. If anything, it shows they couldn't get it done against a Top 25 team three times. Peter Principle and what not - I'd peg them as a perfectly fine Top 100ish team, but if I was on the selection committee, I'd rather pick boom-or-bust teams for the field.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

theblueram wrote:ESPN bubble watch moved us to Lock status today.
So, does that mean if we lose out the rest of the season and lose our first game in the conference tournament, aka as pull a Baron, we would still make the NCAAT?
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody74 wrote:
theblueram wrote:ESPN bubble watch moved us to Lock status today.
So, does that mean if we lose out the rest of the season and lose our first game in the conference tournament, aka as pull a Baron, we would still make the NCAAT?
Pretty sure it says something like, once a team is locked, they can't come 'un-locked'...
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

TruePoint wrote:
Homerun.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
steviep123
Sly Williams

Native wrote:as of this morning, Jerry Palm has Rhode Island in the East Region as a Four Seed, facing initially Vermont in San Diego.

Interesting tid bit about this bracket is if it happened, he also has Providence as the 9 seed. Meaning if both get to the sweet 16, they'll play each other in Boston. I'd rather not have that. If both teams get far enough to play each other, I'd rather have it be in a later round.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steviep123 wrote:

Interesting tid bit about this bracket is if it happened, he also has Providence as the 9 seed. Meaning if both get to the sweet 16, they'll play each other in Boston. I'd rather not have that. If both teams get far enough to play each other, I'd rather have it be in a later round.
I think nearly all of us of us would sign up for a Rhody PC Sweet 16 match up in Boston...
4 x
Go Rhody
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

That would be the game. The problem is the tickets would be like $1000. So I am hoping not.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
steviep123
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote:
steviep123 wrote:

I think nearly all of us of us would sign up for a Rhody PC Sweet 16 match up in Boston...
I'd rather it be a round or two later. Either for or in a Final Four.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Rhody15 wrote:
steviep123 wrote:

Pass for 1 specific reason...I dont want PC to even make the Sweet 16
3 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Can you imagine the shit show that the ticket situation would be if PC & URI are playing in the regionals in Boston. Yikes
2 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

This is all assuming PC can actually win a first round game for once.
9 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018