EC Injury Watch

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NickA
Frenchy Tomlin

Re: EC Injury Watch

Unread post by NickA »

ATPTourFan wrote:Seems they'll play this out conservatively. Wouldn't expect EC to be available for Bonaventure and likely not LaSalle either. There is no incentive to rush him back. Play the long game, obviously.
Completely agree, ATP. I think, especially, after the initial shock of it being fresh in DH's mind. I think the coaches, the team and we would feel differently if URI was on the bubble. Fortunately, the team is in a great position to let him get well.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ATPTourFan wrote:Seems they'll play this out conservatively. Wouldn't expect EC to be available for Bonaventure and likely not LaSalle either. There is no incentive to rush him back. Play the long game, obviously.
Yeah, I am going to (selfishly) need him back for the La Salle game. Thanks.
3 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Understandable, Ace. Hope he’s ready to play for you in Tom Gola.
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

A bruise will not get worse by playing with it. Recovery time will be the same whether he plays or sits. The issue is whether he will be effective playing with the discomfort.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Thank you Dr. 72.
1 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

As stated earlier plying with a bruise will not extend his healing time. This is it for EC...5th year senior folks. He has already missed too many games. If I were him I would play as long as I thought I could be effective. The Bonnie’s game on the road would be a nice top50 win for us. I support EC no matter what but I’m hoping he suits up Friday and brings his A game. He still really hasn’t hit his stride yet this season. Not many games left in a Rhody uniform. EC is not someone we can afford to lose and think we are nearly as good. When he is on he is a true game changer for our team. I couldn’t enjoy the rest of the game last night nor focus this morning until I heard the good news.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I don’t think it will be good for EC’s confidence if he plays with pain. I understand he will not risk injury with a bruise. He has struggled shooting the last two games. We need him to find his touch again. If resting him a few games improves the chance of that I think he should sit. After what he has been thru injury wise he also seems tentative when he is hurt (and I don’t blame him).
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Agree with Tom 98 . i think it would be better for EC to play if he is able because i don't want him to have to
regain his playing rhythm and take another backward step at this point of the season . If he wants to play, let him play.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I think whatever Dan decides is best. I also think it’s more important we have EC at 100 in March.

Bonnies on Friday will not dictate whether we make the tournament or not. It only provides a glimmer of a potential 3 seed if the stars align or 4. Lose (and take care of business the rest of the way) and I still think we’re a 5.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Any update?
0 x
GO RAMS
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Nope. Would have been posted here.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Heard from same source that gave me Hassan injury last year and Preston injury this year that EC will be playing tonight...
7 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody15 wrote:Heard from same source that gave me Hassan injury last year and Preston injury this year that EC will be playing tonight...
Sweeeeeeeeet! Whatever Dan says is best is best, but......SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
2 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Rhody15 wrote:Heard from same source that gave me Hassan injury last year and Preston injury this year that EC will be playing tonight...
game over for Bonaventure if you're sources are accurate.

The emotional shot they're gonna get seeing EC back is huge
1 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Not that it matters now, but don't you think the coaches would rather the health status of players (especially star players) to remain private until they decide to release that info? I assume your source is someone in the medical field, and giving this type of info, while fans may appreciate it, seems unethical.

Just my opinion...
Last edited by Dre3000 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Dre3000 wrote:
Not that it matters now, but don't you think the coaches would rather the health status of players (especially star players) to remain private until they decide to release that info? It seems like your source is someone in the medical field, and giving this type of info, while fans may appreciate it, seems unethical.

Just my opinion...
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Game time decision. Sounds like he might give it a go.

2 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

He’s playing.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

He deserves it... he’s nearing the end of his college career, and I want him to be able to experience games like this and not miss a thing.
6 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

I agree Ace, EC has worked his butt off since he arrived in Kingston to play in these type games from here on out.

I think EC needs to just trust his physical abilities and skills and just "play". Sometimes that's easier said then done.

To me, it looks like he's thinking too much on the floor instead of just intuitively playing. He seems to be steering his jumper instead of just turning it loose. Before he injured his knee in the Richmond game there were a couple of instances where he actually turned down an open shot and passed the ball.

If you've ever had the pleasure of meeting EC you know he's a quiet, thoughtful, introspective kid who's more concerned about letting his teammates down than he his about his own stats. I hope he finishes his playing career at Rhody in a big, big way.deep into the NCAA tournament.
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:Like I said, it wasn't a criticism. We need him to get to where we hope to go this year. He is very good when he goes to the hoop. When he's got the good angle, that bank shot is tremendous. When smarter defenses force him more left and he has to end up having to take the little floater from the baseline, he's not as effective. Also, he does draw the defense, but he doesn't ever kick it out. Passing is just not one of his strengths. Not a criticism. It is what it is. Here are assist totals for the year for the 6 guards...
Jeff.....148
Jared....61
Jarvis...57
Stan.....45
Fatts....35
EC........14
Once again, not a criticism, just facts. And yes, he is the most important recruit in the resurgence of this program and will go down as an all time great.
His assists per 40 minutes......
Freshman = 2.9
Sophomore = 2.4
Junior = 2.0
Senior = 1.2

While his assists have dropped each year, in his freshman year he was bringing the ball up sometimes and being asked to pass more
Now Dowtin is in high control of the offense.
The curious stat is how Terrell has 4 times the assists when they play similar positions on the wing.yes Terrell has played more minutes but still 14 seems low

I believe it was the VCU game but EC and JT were on a two on 1 break, defender went towards EC leaving JT wide open but EC took it himself and got fouled. I recall yelling pass it at the time.

I actually think he is an adequate passer but he just doesn’t look for the assist much. Might be part of Coach’s Game plan to keep EC on the wing and available.

Only shooting 29% on 3’s but 83% on FTs which is 10% points above his career norm.

I think he is at his most valuable when he rebounds strongly, especially in the 4 Guard line up. Also very strong driving inside and kissing off the glass or a soft 8 footer.

EC was a monster in last year’s A10 tournament and in the ncaas. We need him for our mission. The 8 starters become only 7 when he or any of the 8 are out. A very key strength to this team.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am all for EC giving it a go and playing tonight

Sounds like a day to day thing so get him out there
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

atta boy EC !
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Was a little concerned with EC in the first half. Wondered whether his injury hampered him. No worries after seeing his play in the second half.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ace wrote:
Yeah, I am going to (selfishly) need him back for the La Salle game. Thanks.
Well you'll get your wish
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines