Ram Zone

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Ram Zone

Unread post by steviep123 »

Billyboy78's question got me thinking:

A couple of weeks ago (at the George Mason game) I was in the Ram Zone looking for something for my 2 year old. I found nothing (there was for toddlers a couple of years earlier). I asked an employee and they told me they only sold merch for toddlers at the bookstore. I could if I wanted to, order on line for pick up at the Ram Zone. I think that is very short sighted. You have a willing customer (and I'm sure not the only one) looking to buy something for a toddler to wear, it should be available. I know it's not a huge space, but they need to find room. There are plenty of fans with young kids, why not have stuff to sell in the Ram Zone?

PS: Sorry if this post is in the wrong place...feel free to move.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Ram Zone

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

As this program expands, so should its amenities. The store is actually spilling out into the back hall way. There should be something done.
1 x
GO RAMS
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I hear your complaints about product availability. I however also see the other side. The shop in the Ryan Center is open very little in terms of total hours each year. Fully stocking it probably does not make much sense given it has a higher chance to sit on the shelf longer and go unsold. Carrying inventory costs money. You typically want to turn it over as quick as possible. Tough to do with very limited open hours.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I love that this program has made it to the point where among the chief complaints in January, is the lack of toddler attire in the team store...
10 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

Blue Man wrote:I love that this program has made it to the point where among the chief complaints in January, is the lack of toddler attire in the team store...
Great point!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
steviep123
Sly Williams

RF1 wrote:I hear your complaints about product availability. I however also see the other side. The shop in the Ryan Center is open very little in terms of total hours each year. Fully stocking it probably does not make much sense given it has a higher chance to sit on the shelf longer and go unsold. Carrying inventory costs money. You typically want to turn it over as quick as possible. Tough to do with very limited open hours.
That's a very good point, but how many people are going to the main bookstore for toddler clothing vs. the Ram Zone? I don't know the answer. I would guess the bookstore is frequented by students and their parents who probably don't also have a toddler (though possibly a grandkid?). But I think there is value in having stock in both locations or move some to the Ram Zone on game day.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea the average basketball fan will never go to the bookstore, and I doubt its open around gametime.
0 x
GO RAMS