1/9 | Saint Louis Billikens | 7PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: 1/9 | Saint Louis Billikens | 7PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by PeteRI »

wpbrown8267 wrote:
PeteRI wrote:
True, but it's frustrating when both our star guards play like crap.
So Terrell with 20 pts, 3/5 from deep and no fouls, how did he play like crap
OK, so I was off by one player. :lol: Imagine how badass we'll be when both are on their game at the same time.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

We're all alone in first place and our magic number to clinch the regular season title is 14
5 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

VCU might be our biggest challenger after all.....we are going to have our hands full with Tillman that's for sure.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

We didn't play well, yet still won on the road. On to the Bonnies. Let's show them how hard it is to win on the road. Let's fill the RC and make tons of noise. I don't expect the atmosphere of the PC game, but something close to that would be great. I think it's going to be a sellout.
2 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

it would be nice to see an all around better played game, but we are showing that we are good enough to play poorly and win. Certainly won't get away with it vs. better teams. In January I am really not concerned with style points. last year showed us you need to be playing well at the right time. we are still a month plus away. for now, lets just keep racking up the Ws and hope we are hitting our stride in late February.

One comment on tonight's game. I'm fully aware of Dowtin's assist to t/o ratio. He plays a solid, but far from spectacular floor game. But what I find frustrating is that he does get himself in position to have some good looks at the basket (his fall away jumper and runners in the lane and numerous layups). I think he would be an incredible weapon if he can start making those shots with some consistency.
2 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

We really need to cut down on our fouls. I know are uptempo man defense is going to result in fouls but it’s just too many. We have to play smarter defensively. Langevine is not coming along as I had hoped. I like his effort and all but we really need him to improve like now. Berry needs more touches going forward plain and simple. Defensively we are going to have to give up a little with him in there and we need to deal with it.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

My 2 cents...........
- Last February common complaint was that Dan Hurley could not win the close games.
- This was a very close game and a nice road win to go to 4-0
- St Louis was very physical, outrebounded us 36-30.
- Great to see Andre Berry step up with a double-double 17/10. Plus 7-10 FG. We don't win without his effort
- Dowtin with 8 assists. Entire SLU team had 10. We had 19 assists.
- Dowtin made 3 beautiful passes to Berry for easy lay-in high percentage shots, 2 Assists to Terrell, 2 Assists to Robinson and 1 to Russell. Several of the no-look variety
- Nice scoring by Terrell. He had zero assists and zero fouls - did not seem to play as physical or handle the ball as much as I would have expected. He had 4 big rebounds
- Garrett struggled on defense vs Roby who took JG down low numerous times. Garrett had 4 fouls in only 11 minutes. No points but 3 good assists
- Huge 2 FTs with 50 seconds to go by Stanford Robinson. Moved the lead from 67-65 to 69-65 which was crucial
- EC only 21 minutes as he only played 5 minutes in the 1st half due to picking up 2 early fouls. He did NOT travel on the fall-away shot he made late in the game at a critical point - announcers concurred as they were surprised by all the travel calls
- SLU had 3 traveling calls on them in the last couple of minutes and all 3 would have resulted in baskets if I remember right. The last travel call was a bad call - Announcers questioned the 3 SLU Travel Calls and the EC Travel Call in the last 2 minutes
- 3 important blocked shots by Langevine
- Fatts contributed 9 important points, some nice breakaway layups and played some good defense
- SLU took only 9 total threes in the game and hit only 1.
- This was a very nice win. It was a war out there, very physical, a real rock fight. Kind of game in past years we might very well lose. This team fought very hard. SLU with only 7 players with any significant minutes.
- I was very worried about this game going in
- Got more worried when SLU went up 63-62 with 5 minutes 40 seconds to go. At that point it was anyone's game. We hung tough. The traveling calls really hurt SLU.
- Now 12-3 (4-0). On to the next game. Whew!!
Last edited by ramster 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

I would rather have JT with the ball in crunch time instead of EC as the shot clock is running down. If he is in a tough spot he will give up the ball while EC tends to try and do too much.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote:On to the Bonnies. Let's show them how hard it is to win on the road. Let's fill the RC and make tons of noise. I don't expect the atmosphere of the PC game, but something close to that would be great. I think it's going to be a sellout.
No students. That makes it difficult to get 6,000+. I wish the students would show up in large numbers for this game but I dont think so. Classes dont start until the 22nd.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Well, I'm doing my part by going to the Bonnies game on Saturday. And it will be my first game ever at the Ryan Center, so I'm psyched!

CLUB
Level 2
Section 204
Row D
Seat(s) 8

Let's goooooooooooooooo!!!
4 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Trust me--we are going to get a lot more than 6,000.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Where have you been Pete?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I really don’t get anyone who complains about a win.

For the umpteenth time..conference games are hard, no matter who you are. Conference games on the road are hard...no matter who you are.

Good teams are fully capable of losing to bad teams especially on the road. We didn’t lose the game. We found a way to win a close dirty game outside of our building on a night we didn’t play well.

The line was anywhere from 6.5-7.5. We won by 7. Sounds to me like we did our job.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

eli#10 wrote:Where have you been Pete?
Lived in NYC for 20 years after meeting my wife-to-be in Kingston sometime during the High Noon Era when we used to have 100+ stoners outside the President's Office on Fridays. :ugeek:

Moved back years ago but am a classic bandwagon jumper. Better late than never!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Well that was a very hard fought victory

STL may be 180 RPI but they sure looked better than that to me. They have a bunch of athletic guys

Nice to win on the road and it's on to Bona at home
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

reef wrote: STL may be 180 RPI but they sure looked better than that to me. They have a bunch of athletic guys
Agree reef. Have not seen a lot of SLU so I can’t say whether they looked better than usual tonight, but you see some of these 150+ RPI teams and they look hapless and outmatched. SLU didn’t look that way to me. I get they only had seven guys, but I thought three of them at least are legit players and none of the guys I saw tonight were terrible.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I was impressed by SLU and I looked and saw they play at George Mason on Saturday I think I am going to take SLU in that game based off what I saw tonight
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I am on the side of those who felt SLU played a very good game and don't think URI played poorly. I think they played ok
and SlU did a very good job rebounding and defended tough around the basket. Most drives down the lane were heavily
contested or out and out blocked . I agree with those who pointed out that there was too much dribbling and one on one
stuff going on in the second half. I am just happy they once again found a way to win a tight game. That's the sign of a
winning team: find a way to win when not everything is going your way .It shows the mental toughness they have. I am
looking forward to being at the RC for the Saturday morning game with the Bonnies . Hope URI brings its A GAME .
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

We got out muscled and out hustled but still one.. That's a good thing
E c going back to hero ball makes me nervous. His handle still is not great, never will be. He will get more scoring opportunities if he starts finding the open man. Teams will have to respect that and stop double and triple teaming him
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Surprised no one commenting on the zone we employed for last 5 minutes of game. Completely stopped them, I think they had 63 points and scored 1 bucket during the time we played the zone.
2 x
Rhody_JAM
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody_JAM »

Tough game to watch last night, but a win is a win. It is great to see Berry continue to improve. It is almost starting to feel like his mid range shots are automatic. Based on the midrange game I am surprised he does not have a better FT% at 67% (although that's not bad for a big).

Also, thought the commentators missed a few things. I know that EC gets overhyped at times, but I was surprised there was no mention in the entire first half of why he sat for 15 minutes in the first half. Had to look at the box score to check his foul situation. Seems like sitting that long took him off his game after a solid start. Additionally, on the late rebound and foul on Matthews to basically seal it they focused on after he landed and the bump. He was actually fouled before he landed on his way down with the rebound.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

URI'21 wrote:The lazy lob passes need to STOP
fortunately they were a lot fewer in the 2nd half (though a couple of costly ones). They did more bounce passes, and drives. This is where not having someone of Kuran's or Martin's caliber hurt.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote:I really don’t get anyone who complains about a win.

For the umpteenth time..conference games are hard, no matter who you are. Conference games on the road are hard...no matter who you are.

Good teams are fully capable of losing to bad teams especially on the road. We didn’t lose the game. We found a way to win a close dirty game outside of our building on a night we didn’t play well.

The line was anywhere from 6.5-7.5. We won by 7. Sounds to me like we did our job.
Looking at the EARLY LINE FOR URI VS SLU thread, many posters felt that the point spread was much too low, some referred to betting the house on it, so not surprising that people would have negative views on the results of this - many expected a runaway, blowout type win for URI

So games like this have a tendency to adjust people's future expectations, kind of a reality check

Travis Ford is only in his 2nd year at SLU, signed the only 2 ESPN Top 100 players that the entire A10 got last year in French and Goodwin, plus he already has signed 1 of the 2 ESPN Top 100 players for the 2018 Class (URI has the other in Jermaine Harris). SLU is a team on the rise in the A10, expect them to challenge for the A10 Title next year and maybe be a team nobody wants to play in A10 post season this year.

You are right, it's a win and a road win at that - our 2nd Road win of the season!!
Last edited by ramster 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Conference play, consecutive road games for the first time this season, quick turnaround with a lot of travel- glad to get the win.
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

cRAM4finals wrote:I’ll haveto watch this again since I am away and could only watch a good part of the 2nd half. Lots not to be happy about of what I saw. More of the one on one crap from Dowtin and EC that I cringe at. We are so much better when we move on offense. Thank god St L travelled 3x in a row at the end. Could have been a choker. And any loss in this A10 schedule hurts. Such a weak conference and Bonnie’s loss wasn’t helpful.
And I am not so sure any of those were travels, and certainly the last one was not a travel, nor was it a travel in the last minute when EC hit a nice turnaround 15 foot fall-away jumper. The announcers, Len Elmore in particular, was jokingly questioning if someone had changed the rule book on what constitutes a travel -

As for Dowtin, I am sure Dan Hurley will address if he thinks that Jeff is over dribbling, it might be that he is doing just what DH wants him to do, Jeff is like the Coach on the floor.

Jeff missed some layups and a couple of 10 foot shots that he knows better than anyone he should have or could have made, but he continues to excel in the Assist/TO area. He also plays excellent defense, often being assigned the best guard for the opposition.
He is ranked #3 Nationally with a 4.53 Assist to TO Ratio - easily the best in the A10. Dowtin with 489 minutes and Terrell with 492 minutes easily lead the team in playing time. Hurley clearly has great confidence in both players.

Since Jeff went into the Starting Line Up on January 15th of last year (less than a year ago) URI is now 27-7.
When Jeff went into the Starting Line Up URI had lost consecutive games to Dayton (A) and to LaSalle (H). URI's Record was 10-6 (2-2 in A10) at the time. They went on to go 13-5 in Conference (11-3 with Jeff Starting) then won 3 A10 Tourney games plus 4-0 this season.
Wi,th Jeff Starting URI is 18-3 versus Atlantic 10 Teams - and URI is now clearly established as the best team in the Conference.

Go back a year ago and the majority of posters were saying there was no way Jeff was a Point Guard, he could not pass and played scared with a deer in the headlights look. So he has come a long way and still has room to improve for sure - only mid-way through his Sophomore year and has Hurley's confidence no doubt
3 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Got the W. Next
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

eli#10 wrote:EC as usual trying to do too much and winds up taking a lot of bad shots. Before this game he had 4 assists in 194 minutes of playing time or an average of 1/2 per game played. How about a drive and a pass to the open guy once in a while. We need him to play better and smarter. You are going to have an off game once in a while but you need to play smart all the time. That applies to everyone. PLAY SMART.
Eli,
I really can't think of a player who has garnered as much criticism as EC over his career at URI, not saying it's deserved of not deserved but it has been a lot compared to his teammates.

As for taking bad shots last night he only took 8 shots and made 4 for 50%. He also made a turnaround, clutch fall-away jumper in last minute that Refs called traveling on and took-away that Announcer Len Elmore, nor the replay, nor I could explain.
EC had 2 assists, I would like to see him get more because he is a good passer, but he only played 21 minutes too, only 5 in 1st half after picking up 2 quick fouls. He had 4 rebounds.

In comparing, Terrell played 39 minutes, about twice as much, and had 0 assists. In fact, Terrell was the only Ram of 9 who played without an assist, even Akele had an assist and he only played 2 minutes. I'd like to see Terrell get more assists too as he also is a very good passer. JT made 6-13 shots. JT had 4 rebounds.

EC has been back for 7 games (starting the last 5) following his fractured wrist vs Nevada and URI has won all 7 of them. In the last 5 games, he has reentered the starting line-up and his rebounds have been 6,5,6,6 and 4. I personally think that his rebounding is very important to our team, especially this season with Martin and Iverson graduated and Stanford Robinson and Andre Berry taking up the two Big Man positions.

The Big Games at the end of last season, EC also rebounded well, especially dominant vs VCU with 9 and vs Creighton with 7.
A10 - St Bonaventure: 5 rebounds, 2 assists
A10 - Davidson: 3 rebounds, 2 assists
A10 - VCU: 9 rebounds, 1 assist
NCAA - Creighton: 7 rebounds, 1 assist
NCAA - Oregon: 4 rebounds, 3 assists

We need all 5 starters and the bench contributing at their highest potential to achieve our Team Goals. Does not matter at all to me who the "best" player on the team is. Could care less. How they perform as a team is most important. We must have EC Mathews, MVP of the A10 Tournament, to perform at a high level if we are to max out our Team Goals
2 x
Justns11
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Justns11 »

Reading this game thread from start to finish absolutely drove me crazy. You guys do realize this is a road conference game right? These types of games are not easy...these coaches know more about our team than any other games we've played - combined with the home fans and the refs. There were at least 5 phantom foul calls in the second half. This is also like the 3rd or 4th game that people have said, "there's the blueprint to beat us" and no team has figured it out. They watch the videos... You do realize our coach makes adjustments after the game and unlike during the Baron years we get better as the year goes on.

I had no doubt throughout the game that we were going to find a way to win this one. That being said, St. Louis really impressed me - they're going to be pretty good next year. We're 4-0 in the conference, we've won 12 straight conference games, we have a top 20 RPI, and we've won 6 (or 7?) straight conference road games.

Good times to be a Rhody Ram fan.
6 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

All true, but this team is also past the point where we should be happy just because it was a W.

There's nothing wrong with legitimate critique of how they played, regardless of the result of the game. Yes, they won, thats great...they also looked like crap in the process and if they play that game against a better team that's a loss
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Justns11
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Justns11 »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:

All true, but this team is also past the point where we should be happy just because it was a W.

There's nothing wrong with legitimate critique of how they played, regardless of the result of the game. Yes, they won, thats great...they also looked like crap in the process and if they play that game against a better team that's a loss
If we were playing against a better team I think we would've stepped up our game and found a way - that's what this team does. Very few teams play their best game every game - but when they're not hitting shots and the offense isn't running smoothly they still find a way to win - and that's what we're doing. Finding a way to win, regardless of if our shots are falling, or if the other team is playing their best game of the year. You can't expect us to play our best every game - but you can expect us to compete and come out on top.
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

bigappleram wrote:Surprised no one commenting on the zone we employed for last 5 minutes of game. Completely stopped them, I think they had 63 points and scored 1 bucket during the time we played the zone.
Agree - was expecting to hear from some Hurley Zone Truthers.
2 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Dowtins D last night was really good. I think that is an underated side to his game. If he could hit jumpers more consistently he will be 1st team A10 caliber player.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Umm..no. You should always be happy because you got a win. What the fuck else is there to be happy about them? There are no perfect games. The only thing you get past as a good team, is taking positives from losses. Once you’re good there are no moral victories, only actual ones.

That doesn’t mean that every win needs to be pretty...you just need to win. In fact, you could say that the most common streak in all good teams is the ability to win ugly games when nothing goes right or to plan.

Basketball is very easy to be a fan of, if you understand that no one finishes with a perfect season, everyone in the top 25 will have head scratching losses, and that getting wins in your conference are always good no matter how they looked.

I must say I do enjoy reading your legitimate criticism though...very hard hitting and insightful:

“fuck it, lose this damn game. maybe they'll finally get the wake up call that you cant go through the motions against anyone in conference play”
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Some thoughts:

That was a horribly officiated game both ways. Flow interrupted with ticky tack foul calls, numerous phantom travel calls, horrible tech given to Hurley...all around awful.

Dowtin played a great floor game. Missed some shots he can easily make, but 9 assists is nothing to sneeze at. He’s definitely a much better PG than I thought he could be after watching him the first half of last year.

Berry played great on offense, but just couldn’t hold his own in man-to-man. Ford make a great coaching call to attack him in iso in the second half, and then Hurley countered right back by going to zone - one of the very few situations where I would support that decision. It worked because SLU is horrible shooting from outside, and we needed Berry on the floor even more so than usual because of our offensive struggles.

Man, am I going to get sick of Hasahn French. He’s got the Hassan Martin starter-kit, and is light years beyond what our Hassan was during his freshman year.

Fatts was up-and-down offensively, but a solid pest defensively. Gonna be interesting to see what his game is like once the reigns get loosened a bit, perhaps as soon as next season.

All in all, gotta give SLU credit, they played real tough. This is what it’s going to look like in A10 play this year - getting every team’s best shot. A win is a win. Can still be “teachable,” Hurley is a good enough coach that he can make the team better after a win with poor execution on offense - teams don’t need to lose a game to get a so-called wake up call.
4 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

A loss to SLU was dodged. One less landmine now on the path to the postseason.
1 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Blue Man wrote:

Umm..no. You should always be happy because you got a win. What the fuck else is there to be happy about them? There are no perfect games. The only thing you get past as a good team, is taking positives from losses. Once you’re good there are no moral victories, only actual ones.

That doesn’t mean that every win needs to be pretty...you just need to win. In fact, you could say that the most common streak in all good teams is the ability to win ugly games when nothing goes right or to plan.

Basketball is very easy to be a fan of, if you understand that no one finishes with a perfect season, everyone in the top 25 will have head scratching losses, and that getting wins in your conference are always good no matter how they looked.

I must say I do enjoy reading your legitimate criticism though...very hard hitting and insightful:

“fuck it, lose this damn game. maybe they'll finally get the wake up call that you cant go through the motions against anyone in conference play”
sorry, but no. as soon as you get complacent enough to just be happy you won, youre screwed.

look at the Patriots...never good enough, always believe they can improve, never happy with how they played. that's what builds sustained success. never be satisfied, never stop improving.
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

the refs were brutal all around - they should be ashamed of themselves - horrible for the flow

noone is there to hear them blow the whistle every other play
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Blue Man wrote:

sorry, but no. as soon as you get complacent enough to just be happy you won, youre screwed.

look at the Patriots...never good enough, always believe they can improve, never happy with how they played. that's what builds sustained success. never be satisfied, never stop improving.
That is Hurley's mentality 100%, always room for improvement in different areas, but to Blue Man's point it can be a challenge in conference to win, and win consistently (which Rhody has done) on the road, no matter how ugly a win is. This isn't an apples to apples comparison but lookout at Duke up at BC earlier in the season, they played a crappy game and BC played one of their best, but point being is that BC in all likely hood will be at the bottom again of the ACC and Duke lost to a bottom ACC team. Again, ACC talent wise is on a whole other level than the A10, but my point is it is a challenge going on the road and winning consistently. That is what Blue Man i think is trying to get across and we should be happy to get W's. DH does expect a certain level of improvement and consistency, but you can't really expect our guys to go out smoke teams on the road like they did to GW

I will say to your point about imporving on this win, i do think its a blessing that they did play crappy, cause I think Bona is in a world of hurt come saturday, DH i think is gonna lay into them for the rest of the week for no mental lapses
1 x
PillPushr
Michael Andersen

Unread post by PillPushr »

Does anyone know if CBS has an app where there is a replay of the game without showing the score (like WatchESPN has)? I recorded the game last night, but of course it got screwed up at the end and just cut off with 5 minutes to go.
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

PillPushr wrote:Does anyone know if CBS has an app where there is a replay of the game without showing the score (like WatchESPN has)? I recorded the game last night, but of course it got screwed up at the end and just cut off with 5 minutes to go.
They have an app, but i dont think you can watch the full replay, only highlights. I've tried this in the past and couldn't do it through my Roku...

Quick Look: With the exception of special events like Super Bowl 50 and a select few other NFL games, you won't find live sports on the CBS Sports channel. Neither will you find full-length episodes of any CBS Sports shows. What you will find are short segments from several shows along with a lot of game highlights. Content is available under the following categories:

Fantasy - Here you'll find videos related to fantasy sports leagues, along with videos that are not specifically about fantasy leagues, but offer information you can use to compose your team, such as NBA lineups and conference championship lineups.
Shows - Clips are currently available from the Doug Gottlieb Show, Time to Schein, We Need to Talk, and CBS Sports Originals. Most clips are a minute up to around 5 minutes in length.
Sports - This section offers game highlights, commentator discussions, and other short videos related to a wide range of sports. Depending on the season, this includes NFL, college football, NBA, college basketball, MLB, golf, NHL, MMA, and boxing.
This channel is free for everyone - no cable or satellite TV subscription required.

https://www.rokuguide.com/channels/cbs-sports
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

PillPushr wrote:Does anyone know if CBS has an app where there is a replay of the game without showing the score (like WatchESPN has)? I recorded the game last night, but of course it got screwed up at the end and just cut off with 5 minutes to go.
Im uploading it to youtube now... will be in processing for an hour or so though. Ill post it here when its done
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody_JAM wrote:Tough game to watch last night, but a win is a win. It is great to see Berry continue to improve. It is almost starting to feel like his mid range shots are automatic. Based on the midrange game I am surprised he does not have a better FT% at 67% (although that's not bad for a big).

Also, thought the commentators missed a few things. I know that EC gets overhyped at times, but I was surprised there was no mention in the entire first half of why he sat for 15 minutes in the first half. Had to look at the box score to check his foul situation. Seems like sitting that long took him off his game after a solid start. Additionally, on the late rebound and foul on Matthews to basically seal it they focused on after he landed and the bump. He was actually fouled before he landed on his way down with the rebound.
It is Dan's rule that he seldom changes from. You get two fouls in the first half and then you sit.
EC got his 1st foul at 2 min 18 seconds, he got his 2nd at 4 min 57 seconds. Then sits.
I never liked this rule. Hassan Martin always came out as soon as he got his 2nd if it was in the 1st half
But the players all know it. That is the good thing. DH is almost 99.9% consistent with this rule - so should be no surprises for the players.

Agree on that rebound by EC as to when the foul occurred. The foul contributed to how and where he landed.
0 x
PillPushr
Michael Andersen

Unread post by PillPushr »

rhodysurf wrote:
Im uploading it to youtube now... will be in processing for an hour or so though. Ill post it here when its done
Sweet. I'll have to probably start recording the game/show after on my Hulu app to make sure this doesn't happen again.
1 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

interesting line i saw from the write up form the AP after the game on ESPN...

The Billikens outrebounded Rhode Island 36-30. Saint Louis was 8-0 this season when winning the rebound battle.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody83 wrote:
ram1980 wrote:Anyone notice the 3 pointer taken away from us in 1st half on the screwed up out of bounds call.. Hope it doesn't cost us
If it gets to that, start with the two points Dan gave them.
Worse performance of the year. SLU is a 180+ RPI team.
PC beat them by 27 on a neutral court.
LaSalle beat them by 23 at home.

Horrible offensive flow last three minutes. What are they running?
The Tech on Dan was questionable. This year the rules give 10 additional feet for the Coach's Box.

Dan claimed he was talking to Travis Ford.

The camera showed Ford shortly after the call and he looked as surprised as anyone that Hurley got teed up. Would be a good question for the next Coach's Show.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

always extend yo recordin's!
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:The Tech on Dan was questionable. This year the rules give 10 additional feet for the Coach's Box.

The camera showed Ford shortly after the call and he looked as surprised as anyone that Hurley got teed up. Would be a good question for the next Coach's Show.
I'll try to ask during the after-show chat with Dan.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote:
ramster wrote:The Tech on Dan was questionable. This year the rules give 10 additional feet for the Coach's Box.

I'll try to ask during the after-show chat with Dan.
Great. Thanks. and just to re-promote:

1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

One of Jeff’s 8 assists. No look, left handed pass to the seemingly always ready Andre Berry.....

1 x